Forum › Chatting at the Amber Teahouse discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Chatting at the Amber Colored Teahouse has appeared in the current issue of Yuri Hime as a series, and I'm almost positive that it's new material. I'm suggesting this one to any scanlation group that has room to add another series. Does anyone know if anyone is going to do it? Lililicious maybe?

I wonder if this is the Gold and Silver Tips series of shorts that Fujieda talked about in the author's note at the end of Amber Teahouse. Basically stories revisiting the other characters that appeared while having Sarasa and Seriho still present in the background.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I wonder if this is the Gold and Silver Tips series of shorts that Fujieda talked about in the author's note at the end of Amber Teahouse. Basically stories revisiting the other characters that appeared while having Sarasa and Seriho still present in the background.

I don't know; it might be, but the title page says simply "Chatting at the Amber Colored Teahouse," and the final page says "To be continued." It does put some focus on several other characters in the teahouse, but Sarasa and Seriho are definitely not just in the background. It seems to focus on their conversations with the other characters, and then later their interaction with each other. I haven't really tried to read it yet.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 12:12PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Chatting at the Amber Colored Teahouse has appeared in the current issue of Yuri Hime as a series, and I'm almost positive that it's new material. I'm suggesting this one to any scanlation group that has room to add another series. Does anyone know if anyone is going to do it? Lililicious maybe?

From Fujieda's blog, it looks like it is new material. It has a similar name to the Lilyca installments, but doesn't appear to be a reprint of those.

It would be great to work on Amber Teahouse again, but I don't know if we have an editor that can take on a new ongoing project. Getting scans could also be an obstacle, since my copies of Yuri Hime don't usually arrive until a month or two after they're published.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wait? So there will be more from this story? Great news indeed. Looking forward to reading whenever it comes around.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It looks like Lililicious is picking up this new continuation of the Amber Teahouse. Here's a quote from their site:

September 23, 2015
We've moved Chatting at the Amber Teahouse back to Current Projects, as we'll be doing the continuation currently running in Yuri Hime. A big thank-you to Phyis for scanning it for us!

http://www.lililicious.net/

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I had no idea that Amber Teahouse has continuation o.O I heard about Iono-sama but not this one... IT'S GREAT NEWS :D

joined Mar 25, 2013

I had no idea that Amber Teahouse has continuation o.O I heard about Iono-sama but not this one... IT'S GREAT NEWS :D

I only heard that it'll be getting a Drama CD not a continuation. Talking about Iono-sama not the Amber Teahouse. I have the two CDs ripped as well.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Iono-sama has continuation (Kokono-sama Fascinate) and here are first pages from both (Kokono & Amber Teahouse) new chapters http://www.moonphase.jp/miyabi/?p=1377

joined Mar 25, 2013

I wonder why she decided to make a continuation for them both. Although I don't really like Iono-sama (because of the polyamory) I guess it's still nice to see one xD If anything I wished Stay Tune got a continuation (revival) instead of Iono-sama.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Such great news to hear this is getting a continuation! Always been one of my top favorites.

If anything I wished Stay Tune got a continuation (revival) instead of Iono-sama.

That was one of the first times I was burned by reading a manga I was really liking without knowing it was canceled. It got me kinda pissed :s

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I wonder why she decided to make a continuation for them both (...)

Fujieda Miyabi is a guy :P

joined Mar 25, 2013

You lie, it is a LIE!

I'm not good at trying to overreact xD Oh well, my bad.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

You lie, it is a LIE!

I'm not good at trying to overreact xD Oh well, my bad.

I'm going to tell you even more :P Minamoto Hisanari (Fu-Fu's author, artist who is working with Fujieda) is also a guy :P

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ I think I knew that actually xD

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

The greatest of news! It's always nice to hear that we'll be getting a continuation.

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

USO DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh-hum...
oh well...not that I care though.

Hooray for continuation~!!!!

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

This story promotes diabetics...
I mean it's too sweet :3

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Mmmm. This is such a lovely soothing manga it makes me feel better just being reminded that it exists.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

My new eye candy: Haru Shishio ( Japanese version of Velma on Scooby Doo)..
Like the one shot manga!

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Two whole volumes and they didn't even have a nice kiss scene? I'm so cheesed.

Joking aside though, this was a good read.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

This series is Bob Ross levels of chill and it's great.

My favorite part is how ridiculously mature the characters are for their ages. Sarasa is a high school senior but acts like a fully-grown adult, Seriho is in her mid-20s (IIRC) but has the air of an adorable old woman, and the whole thing is wonderful.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 7:07AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Two whole volumes and they didn't even have a nice kiss scene? I'm so cheesed.

Joking aside though, this was a good read.

They do kiss in my dreams

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 11:10AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

What this manga does for me

aside from making my cheeks hurt from smiling unconsciously

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

A new chapter! awesome as always! :)

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

There was more? Jubilations \o/

To reply you must either login or sign up.