Forum › Tachibanakan -ToLie- Triangle discussion

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

So it's a fairly typical harem comedy except that the main character has a vagina

Just call it yuri harem comedy. Your crude comparison pretty much reduces yuri to 'het, except no one has a penis'.

My point there was that in this specific case it might as well be het, as the MC fill all the functions of typical harem protagonist and even looks pretty androgynous

This type of wish fulfiment harem-esque stories have existed in fiction and folktales long before japan was even given a written system.

Saying this "might as well be het" just because you think modern day male oriented harem anime invented the genre is absurd.

I doubt there are many people reading this who could name any of these stories you're referring to. It may as well be a modern genre, and it is indeed almost completely het. And this really is a copy/paste harem. It's pretty bad.

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

I want to read more of this. It's enjoyable, well, at least for me. I hope she ends up with Konomi. She's so adorbs

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Wow. There's a lot of vitriol here over the over-analysis of a yuri comedy establishing issue.

Everyone needs to take a few deep breaths and wait patiently to see how this thing evolves. Give it a couple of issues before you all become unglued and start going for each other's throats.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't like it, don't read it.

As simple as that.

I liked it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I'm always cautious when love triangles are involved. Will see how this play out after a couple more chapters.

But the tsundere is cute. <3

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

From the comments I went in expecting a typical harem manga with a female protag, but wow I didn't expect it to be so by the book. So far it's okay, but I'll keep reading to see how it ends up. Team Konomi! Like a lot of the het harem manga I'll prob be shipping the other girls together. Best ship will be the older oneesama pair.

Like someone else mentioned earlier, MC's attitude kept rubbing me the wrong way. Totally came off like a prissy city girl. I cringed when she totally interrupted and said it was a mistake when it probably wasn't.

joined Jul 18, 2015

I'm rooting for HanaXTsundere
Bc CHILDHOOD FRIENDS FTW
Also the tsundere looks like she cares for Hanabi way more

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

So the main character need to choose between a girl that need anger management and a girl that need common sense hmm then I'll root for Yori x Yuu hahha. But seriously I like the childhood friend more. hope they end up together~

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Uh, am I the only one that kinda get why the MC is kinda disappointed in the "dorm" ? She thought she was going to a great place, was really looking forward and just because her aunt made a mistake, she ends up in some rundown place. And one of the first people she met there got pissed at her because she didn't instantly recognized her after 6 years appart at an age when people tends to change quite a bit. I, too, wouldn't be too thrilled and would at least try to see if there's a way to fix the mistake.

Sure, she ended up in a place full of girls who apparently like to show off some skin, but hey, she's apparently not (yet) a raging lesbian. If she ended up in a guy's dorm by mitake, I bet people would be more understanding. :p

It's not like she want to live in a palace, she just want to go where she was supposed (and looking forward) to go.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Uh, am I the only one that kinda get why the MC is kinda disappointed in the "dorm" ? She thought she was going to a great place, was really looking forward and just because her aunt made a mistake, she ends up in some rundown place. And one of the first people she met there got pissed at her because she didn't instantly recognized her after 6 years appart at an age when people tends to change quite a bit. I, too, wouldn't be too thrilled and would at least try to see if there's a way to fix the mistake.

Sure, she ended up in a place full of girls who apparently like to show off some skin, but hey, she's apparently not (yet) a raging lesbian. If she ended up in a guy's dorm by mitake, I bet people would be more understanding. :p

It's not like she want to live in a palace, she just want to go where she was supposed (and looking forward) to go.

Wise words, my friend.I'm totally agreeing with ya.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Haha nice art, and nice character :D Looks like fun

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I've seen this kind of setup in another manga/anime just the only thing that the difference is that the main love-interest is a female instead of a male character..... so I think I should let my fingers away from this one since I hate those kind of setup but it'S kind of easier to endure it since it ain't a stupid male who comes back and everyone finds him suddenly the hottest thing in the world....and wants to bear his child xD

THIS. I really can never deal with this To Love Ru bullshit, and probably never will. It's just really unimaginative: just replacing the usual male character into a female one. Seems unpromising :/

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

I liked this chapter a lot and i'm looking forward to the next one. :D

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

It's been a very long time since the last time i'm show so much interest in a typical harem comedy ~

Mig
joined Jun 25, 2015

^Happy b-day. ^.^

Thanks (。>﹏<。)

Just reading this manga over 100 times XD

You know where they sell yuri mangas in Akiba? Random question lol

joined Nov 30, 2011

oguzhan96

I think this needs a 'shounen' tag. I usuallly like this kind of series but this one was so boring. Every character was super boring. And probably best girl will lose

The best girl almost always loses.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

OMG this is so hilarious :D I can't wait for more :D

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I have the feeling this lacks a flying turtle.

It also lacks a childhood marriage promise.

EDIT: I absolutely adore the censoring here. Pretty imaginative.

you forgot the wacky foreigner!

I was totally expecting both Tsun-girl to have a marriage promise or a kiss in that flashback and Robot-girl to be foreigner, because of the silver hair and all that. Oh well, it's a fun yuriharem anyway. It's kind of refreshing having an MC that is gay as hell right off the bat.

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

i always a slut for yuri harem

joined Aug 23, 2013

genderbent male lead, who is thick as a neutron star

Check.

Younger, tsundere childhood friend

Check.

Random face-in-the-crotch-or-boobs accidents

Check.

Domestic violence

Check.

Old house in the countryside owned by one of the protagonist's families

Check.

drunkard pervert women

Check. Check.

Love rival, who has a completely different personality than the childhood friend

Check.

harem hijinks

Check.

Title that resembles another famous harem

Check.

Let's see... what are we missing...
- Airheaded senpai
- Brown-skinned super genious foreigner with royal lineage
- Shy, loli
- flying turtle
- lesbian samurai
- Indiana Jones and his adopted daughter

Oh the possibilities this series holds!

Waiter! Check please! I have sat through this once and I'm sure as hell I won't do it again.

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 2:28PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To those who think there are stereotypes/archetypes missing, remember this is only the first chapter. She's still got to get classmates yet!

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Seriously, am I the only one, who wants harem ending? Come on, yuri manga with harem ending is so rare! And also all the girls are amazing (or at least have nice boobs :D). I hope there will be at least one classmate who is an alien (preferably blue like Liara from ME) and one who is a maid - thanks to Nezchan for giving me weird and also very pleasant thoughts. :D

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 3:39PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Well, I liked it. Seeing a harem set-up played absolutely by the book, except yuri, is something I'm definitely interested to watch unfold. I hope Yoriko and Yuu are or become a thing...

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Ooh it's a harem manga, but with all females o.O
You have no idea how long I've been looking for this kind of cliche type but without any males xD
I'm definitely going to be reading this one haha

Rooting for the tsundere (though I always do) but I'm doubting it's going to go down that route since for SOME reason the end girl always ends up as the mysterious one =="
I wonder just how cliche this will be

I have the feeling this lacks a flying turtle.

Been a long time since I've thought of Love Hina xD

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Is this what they mean when they said they'd like to change some in YuriHime? Because if this is it I don't like it on the slightest.

Ecchi boring and generic harem with all the obvious cliches included, but the lead is a oblivious girl, really?. Even if it's yuri I cannot bring myself to like this kind of stories when it's so poorly executed.

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 9:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.