Forum › Shoujo Shikkaku discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh man, is it wrong that I laughed really hard when they were shots?

No,I laughed too cos :
Let's stick together yay
Ah beargirl inducing suspicious
possible obstacle removed,all dead
Kusuda super knows something but won't tell yet

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I bet Kusuda is the "girl who survived a previous occurence of the game and infiltrate the school just before so she can put an end to it"...

(Just to clarify, I have no idea if that's really the case, but considering this manga seems to really be a rather crude copy of battle royal, that kinda poped in my mind ever since she seemed oddly used to the whole thing already).

joined Apr 27, 2014

I bet Kusuda is the "girl who survived a previous occurence of the game and infiltrate the school just before so she can put an end to it"...

(Just to clarify, I have no idea if that's really the case, but considering this manga seems to really be a rather crude copy of battle royal, that kinda poped in my mind ever since she seemed oddly used to the whole thing already).

Hmmm that could be...also something Mafia related? as long as it's not an alien invasion or magical elves it's fine with me

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

For someone who often read shonen , I think the character is too "shallow", and the "game" is like 'nah ignore the game, let them kill each other'

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Remember, is this girl were alive they will be dating
didn't make you sad?

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

Oh man, is it wrong that I laughed really hard when they were shots?

No,I laughed too cos :
Let's stick together yay
Ah beargirl inducing suspicious
possible obstacle removed,all dead
Kusuda super knows something but won't tell yet

Nope it's not wrong you laughed I laughed too xD

And i agree with KatzeDerNacht I thought almost the same reasons :)

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I noticed in chapter 1 it says

"Like some sort of game? What is it?"

"Some kind of setup where you have to kill each other"

So I've come to the conclusion that this is actually all just a videogame. The packs are all different because they've set it to Random Loadouts, the messages are their Objectives, the timer is just that, a timer until the game ends and the 'pairs' thing shows how many teams are left in the game.

Supported by the fact that the 'best friend' tells Akane to go to the game centre with her. It all adds up.

The Transfer student isn't fussed because she's a pro at the game, maybe she was a beta tester.

The Bear girl wants to get some form of vengeance on the people who bully her and her friend.

The Bully (Who died in chapter 2 (Ithink?)) was angry because she was sorted onto a team she didn't want to be on.

The people who teamed up was forming alliances.

Akane is always scared because she's never played before nor one like it, so she doesn't really know what to do.

And Chainsaw girl is just doing what she wants and having fun.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 4:11PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Nah, can't take this seriously. It's cliché, cringy, rushed and the yuri is forced.

Also, @Above

If that's actually the case, breh, that would be amazing.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 6:34PM

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

The bullet spray made me spray water out of my mouth. It shouldn't be that funny, it really shouldn't.

I'm a sucker for this kind of plot, how wonderful. It's so comical and dark at the same time; it tries to take itself so seriously in a way that it just makes it amusing to read along with no darker psychological underlying themes like Doubt or Battle Royale. It's basically "let's have action for the pure want of action" and "throw in a few (lots of) deaths here and there with minimal blood." But yuri. Yay yuri.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Gralwer

Honestly, though, this is probably the least cringeworthy outcome I can think of. Which means it's off the list. A shame, really. Every 'shocking twist' this story tries to pull off just doesn't work, because those twists mainly consist of characters that you don't particularly care about dying. Going for something like "Hahaha! That was just a ruse! When I said 'it's a game', I literally meant that it's a game!" would actually be somewhat interesting, even if a bit lame and... probably done before.

It has been done before (of course). One example I can immediately think of is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by CLAMP the Country of Outo arc starting in volume 5 (not yuri). After going through several days of effort, they finally learn that they were just playing a video game all that time. Of course people weren't being randomly killed off all over the place in that one. But a few were being attacked and I don't remember if any died. (Video game death of course.)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gralwer

Honestly, though, this is probably the least cringeworthy outcome I can think of. Which means it's off the list. A shame, really. Every 'shocking twist' this story tries to pull off just doesn't work, because those twists mainly consist of characters that you don't particularly care about dying. Going for something like "Hahaha! That was just a ruse! When I said 'it's a game', I literally meant that it's a game!" would actually be somewhat interesting, even if a bit lame and... probably done before.

It has been done before (of course). One example I can immediately think of is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by CLAMP the Country of Outo arc starting in volume 5 (not yuri). After going through several days of effort, they finally learn that they were just playing a video game all that time. Of course people weren't being randomly killed off all over the place in that one. But a few were being attacked and I don't remember if any died. (Video game death of course.)

Several "died" including at least one main character, but then the game started crossing over into reality due to an external influence. Can't believe a few random civilians didn't get actually dead in the process.

I'm going to stick to my silly story of re-attachable panties, and that Akane is the mastermind for my entertainment.

I just don't understand why almost ALL OF THEM dies in this HORROR MANGA?!? O_o
No one besides the main pair gets to survive it seems...

joined Apr 27, 2014

I just don't understand why almost ALL OF THEM dies in this HORROR MANGA?!? O_o
No one besides the main pair gets to survive it seems...

Well no,horror manga would be something more like... ever read Mahou shoujo of the end....Ana Satsujin..Franken Fran, well that's more body horror...

This is people can die, easily and fast,at any time.

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

What even is this

joined Jul 16, 2015

Am I the only one who likes the story?

Isuke%20inukai
joined May 29, 2014

Akane is annoying.

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

you are not the only one! <3

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

nah I like it. It's funny xD

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

it's not like I am not getting what the author is trying to make here

the rules state that they have to be the most magnificent yuri couple in the fucking universe so akane has to get character developement brute forced in her that she has to completly rely on Kusada for emotional support, Kusada meanwhile knows that when she made akane her bitch, she doesn't have to worry about Akane second guessing her so she can rely on Akane for whatever they will have to deal with later and when she stops to be so fucking naive, because, really, it's understandable but not indestructible, it's all the more easier for Kusada when there are other survivors coming and Akane stops trusting them, because they aren't ''one and the same anymore'' when Akane starts second guessing what Kusada is thinking

so, anyway, Kusada is a manipulator, Akane is pitiable the rest are just cannon fodder and the author ambitious but wasteful

Seriously, say what you will about AnRs no-kill-policy but atleast they used those characters to their maximum efficiency in that story before throwing them away

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

i think everyone should shut up, stop trying to figure out the story(what's the fun in that?), stop saying bad things about the author or about the person's creativity(can you draw like the author?) and just freakin enjoy it. this manga is awesome. that's that.

joined Aug 24, 2015

I also thing that the story is pretty funny. I liked it.

http://funny-pictures.loonyhumor.com/funny-lucky-star-anime-gag/

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 6:18AM

joined Apr 27, 2014

i think everyone should shut up, stop trying to figure out the story(what's the fun in that?), stop saying bad things about the author or about the person's creativity(can you draw like the author?) and just freakin enjoy it. this manga is awesome. that's that.

Trying to figure out stuff is indeed fun, most the time it leads to frustration though,but making theories is fun!!!

Aslo I love the manga,it's just my cup of tea. Well my taste is quite diverse,but this fits in right like a glove in a hand.

I wish i could draw...I only draw clothed cats.

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 2:17PM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Trying to figure out stuff is indeed fun, most the time it leads to frustration though,but making theories is fun!!!

Aslo I love the manga,it's just my cup of tea. Well my taste is quite diverse,but this fits in right like a glove in a hand.

I wish i could draw...I only draw clothed cats.

i think everyone and everything is awesome just the way it is. if we're gonna guess, i think the girl, the one who is paired with chainsaw maniac likes the main character(im a teenager. that means i have bad memory capacity) kusuda is really suspicious. and i think this is gonna be some sort of puella magi madoka magica logic. i dunno... what if... KUSUDA IS ACTUALLY HOMURA'S DISTANT COUSIN?!

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 4:24AM

joined Apr 1, 2013

I think your spot on! infact i think she KNOWS who truly is behind it all and was previously in a situation like this and wanted to kill the (person) behind it all but couldn't because she ended up paired with her last time maybe? so she wasnt able to kill them due to the one body, one heart instant death thing. That's my assumption though. But it does feel like she does have alot of insight on this battle royale thing. Same with the chainsaw team i think they know about something that we dont know.

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 4:43PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.