Forum › Shoujo Shikkaku discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Wow, so they do kiss in the missing pages!

Wasn't it You whispering in Akane's ear rather than kissing her? It's referenced on page 148? I would assume something along the line of "i'll be sure to come back."

Oh don't worry; lately I've always been wrong about these kinds of things, so they must have been kissing.

And I have to agree with everyone else. Though I don't usually say such things, I have to say it really was a very bad ending.

last edited at Oct 5, 2017 7:51PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

pretty sure there's some incest going on. Main character is clearly in love with her sister, and there's no indication she suddenly shifts into non-romantic feelings. Still, yuri romance or not, crap ending.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

sorry looked at it again and you are right Yuri Girl 1001

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

It's still garbage yuri.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I'm just here wondering why they didn't even try to stop battle royals all together. Like do they even continue after this one? It's just so strange there's no real motive behind the battle royals now. The story could have been better if it was just a drama about a killer on the loose.

Yeah, in a super murderous free-for-all run by some organization that gives out wishes, you think they would mention a reason or that one of our victors would be interested in stopping those horrors, considering they should be pretty scarred for life from all that. Hard to root for protagonists who just... don't care about that in this sort of story? Imagine Naegi getting out of Dangan Ronpa and just chilling with his sister and ignoring everything else in the world.

...And I don't fully understand what happened with Karen at the end, why would You get to be on her own when Karen seemed willing to kill You if she left? So many questions.

We could make a better Yuri Killing Game (That would cool let's do that).

There's https://dynasty-scans.com/series/angel_game but it's subtext at best. It is an interestingly written take on a killing game though, it feels like everything left unanswered was done so purposely and I liked the ending in a way.

last edited at Oct 5, 2017 11:12PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Probably the best-written killing game I've read was The Long Walk, because there was actually an established setting that explained the existence of the game and what happened to winners and their wishes.

Most others just settle for some vague explanation "something for rich people to bet on" or "a method of the government exerting control" which always feels like a lame attempt to sidestep the real reason: "There is a killing game because you wanted to read about a killing game."

Here they author didn't even attempt to explain what's going on or why, which has the benefit of at least not insulting the reader's intelligence with an explanation that's obvious bullshit.

last edited at Oct 5, 2017 11:42PM

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Probably the best-written killing game I've read was The Long Walk, because there was actually an established setting that explained the existence of the game and what happened to winners and their wishes.

The Long Walk by Stephen King? Would you recommend it as a book itself or is it just good in comparison to most in the genre?

Most others just settle for some vague explanation "something for rich people to bet on" or "a method of the government exerting control" which always feels like a lame attempt to sidestep the real reason: "There is a killing game because you wanted to read about a killing game."

Here they author didn't even attempt to explain what's going on or why, which has the benefit of at least not insulting the reader's intelligence with an explanation that's obvious bullshit.

That's a very optimistic way of looking at it, I like looking at it that way. I hope one of these kids eventually wishes for the games to end, though. We didn't see what these two wished for, so maybe they wished for exactly that :D

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

...That's not what I've seen. From my hand, giving no explanation for the killing game just proves you have no investment in the story or characters.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

...That's not what I've seen. From my hand, giving no explanation for the killing game just proves you have no investment in the story or characters.

In a good story, the setting evolves as an extension of the characters' interactions and progress. Often only part of the mystery is revealed, rooted in conveying a sense of the social and political conditions that could lead to such a thing.

On the other hand are series with sudden reveals leading to contradictory, internally inconsistent explanations. Or silly and convoluted explanations that feel like jokes.

If the writer goes out of their way to add some stupid reveal with a half-assed explanation, it only makes the story worse. A good explanation is better than no explanation, but a bad explanation is worse than nothing. In this story, the characters are forced into some horrible circumstances without knowing why. It's perfectly reasonable that the characters never learn the reason behind their torment, and thus we don't either.

The worst part of this series was the ending, starting with Komiyama's betrayal and bullshit reveal. Do you really think more of that would have improved this story?

last edited at Oct 6, 2017 2:31AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

In a good story, the setting evolves as an extension of the characters' interactions and progress. Often only part of the mystery is revealed, rooted in conveying a sense of the social and political conditions that could lead to such a thing.

On the other hand are series with sudden reveals leading to contradictory, internally inconsistent explanations. Or silly and convoluted explanations that feel like jokes.

If the writer goes out of their way to add some stupid reveal with a half-assed explanation, it only makes the story worse. A good explanation is better than no explanation, but a bad explanation is worse than nothing. In this story, the characters are forced into some horrible circumstances without knowing why. It's perfectly reasonable that the characters never learn the reason behind their torment, and thus we don't either.

The worst part of this series was the ending, starting with Komiyama's betrayal and bullshit reveal. Do you really think more of that would have improved this story?

I think it needed to be longer, and the characters introduced needed to not just be throw-aways. Like that bear hoodie girl who was built up and then offed so suddenly, or those girls introduced at the end who existed solely to give to antagonist a reason to turn on the protagonist and prove that she was indeed evil.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I think it needed to be longer, and the characters introduced needed to not just be throw-aways. Like that bear hoodie girl who was built up and then offed so suddenly, or those girls introduced at the end who existed solely to give to antagonist a reason to turn on the protagonist and prove that she was indeed evil.

The most jarring thing was how many characters were brought in just to be immediately killed off even though they looked interesting. I feel like they could have managed the short length if they didn't waste so many pages doing that multiple times. It didn't add to anything, and it didn't help make the atmosphere feel any more dreadful after the first one.

joined May 30, 2016

It feels really rushed as everyone was saying. Too much characters just showed up and died almost immediately with little to no background on who they were. No reason was given why the organization does these school battle royale, just to give two girls a wish? Uh.. What?

In the end, it seems that Karen set it up so that she and You can win but didn't really matter when to her when they instead went out the passage since she's getting You anyway. I was expecting Marika and Akane to end up together and they did one way or another, just not romantically. Kind of sweet how they remained loyal (?) to their partners after the years. The hairstyle swap though and the scars were a nice touch.

joined Sep 18, 2017

Okay, I think that's all missing pages accounted for.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Hah, they exchanged hairstyles

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Akuma no Riddle did this concept wayyyy better. This was a mess honestly and cause I hate incest generally, the sister reveal was bleh. Jesus what is with all of these people killing each other left and right; they don't even have a reason to do so like the academy's assassins did. From what I remember no one even dies in Akuma no Riddle. Now I remember why I stopped reading after the first chapter. I guess I thought maybe it'd redeem itself.

joined Apr 6, 2021

I just read this and immediately though “wtf? This was so fucking stupid!”
Idc much about the sister reveal, but the Karen thing was just stupid. Wtf even happened between Karen and You in the three year timeskip!? We can see in the epilogue that You leaves Karen a note(at least I’m interpreting it that way) and then Karen gets comforted by the long light haired girl whose name I’m not even gonna bother trying to remember. The game ends and then You is with Karen for three years? Why does Akane even worry about interfering with Karen’s happiness? She’s fucking stole You and arranged for the event to happen to all of them

ALSO...
Why was You with Karen for three years? What kept her from leaving sooner Why did Akane even stay with that long haired girl for three years anyway? The leaps in logic and lack of information piss me off so damn much. I have read series I didn’t like, I’ve read series that have pissed me off. But even then I could accept it and give the author a break for whatever reason. But this time, I just want to know WTF the author was thinking!? I’m sorry to anyone else who has read this and I’m even more sorry to those who will read it in the future. I’m going to do my best to forget this one and never think of it again

last edited at Apr 26, 2021 4:53AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

meh

To reply you must either login or sign up.