Forum › Shoujo Shikkaku discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Does anyone know what issue of Yuri Hime this was in?

also yeah this is in yuri hime, weird huh

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I now can't wait for the next chaper

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

Well that escalated fast.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Oh boy, here we go

joined Apr 25, 2013

I'm guessing this is part of YH branching into new genres instead of remaking the same shy girl/popular girl that every artist has since copied from Morinaga. Same deal with series like Tachibanakan and Netsuzou Trap.
Not sure how it'll work out for them. It'll either bring in more readers or drive out the existing ones who prefer the familiar fluff stories.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Wow... I did not see that coming. It sort of remind me of corpse party

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Bahah! xD

10377149_762111273827322_5234346199546356556_n
joined Sep 19, 2014

damn, the new chapter of Akuma no Riddle looks great

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Does anyone know what issue of Yuri Hime this was in?

also yeah this is in yuri hime, weird huh

This chapter was in vol 47 (March 2015). I just took it upon myself to add the chapter to that volume.

Every single issue I've received of Yuri Hime starting with vol 47, I've noticed this series and been both greatly disturbed by it and curious about it.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 3:18AM

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Battle Royale with lesbians. I mean, I like the lesbian bit, but Battle Royale scared the shit out of me. I don't know if my little heart can handle watching gaybies kill each other. At least two will live, and one won't be a dude. Hopefully they don't do EXACTLY what BR did, because it's looking that way, just with two people attached to a single neck collar.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Another killing game series, huh? Nothing too out of the ordinary yet, but not bad

joined Aug 15, 2015

This is the new akuma no riddle.

joined Aug 15, 2015

"Kusuda", "Yoshino", "Hanazono"
I saw what you did there Kawai-sensei...
There's no such thing as coincidence.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Huh, looks interesting...im interested to see how its pace will be as this ch seemed to go by so fast...

joined Aug 11, 2014

Pfwa. That escalated quickly. Seems kind of a waste of evil friend, though? Like, she didn't even have a chance to use the main character for her own ends and betray her, she just immediately dies. Kind of anticlimactic. The triggers on those ankle chains also look a bit too sensitive? If the mechanism reacts to a teenager trying to pry them open with her hands, then it seems like it'd probably also react to the person falling over or getting the chain caught on something. Really, the reveal of the poison needles could have waited for later, I don't get why the first chapter had to be in such a rush. It's like the author tried to cram the entire first act of a Battle Royale-style plot into the back half of one chapter. Makes for bad pacing. Hrm.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Well my curiosity is satisfied, but it's still very disturbing. I can't say that I'll read any more of this one. As it happens, I did read Battle Royale through once, and I intend to never read it again.

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

Akuma no Riddle meets Battle Royal... oh god my heart nO! First chapter was pretty rushed but I hope that it was to just get the exposition down and over, hopefully the pace stabilizes with the coming chapters.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nice change, but still a bit cliché. Transfert student, check. Bored protagonist, check. "Best friend" who happens to be a bitch and using protagonist, check. Cool and strong beauty, check. Coundown to the end of the game, check.

And who's responsible for the game? Aliens from the future?

I wouldn't compare this to Akuma no Riddle. But rather to Kamisama no Iutoori.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 4:03AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Well ... I tend to be the kind of person that avoids these series because I don't like the whole 'kill the people you care about' scenario. My first thought when i started reading this was that it was like 'Doubt' which kinda messed me up.. I just can't stand the whole psychological torture kind of thing. But the yuri aspect and the fact that you're supposed to stick with a partner gives me high hopes, assuming they're not supposed to turn on each other at the end or something, hopefully YH wouldn't be THAT dark...

Since it IS in Yuri Hime though I also have hopes it'll have a lot of good yuri moments to it and not just murdering. Feel free to make out while covered in blood, I won't judge.. much.

Since they seem to be dishing out a lot of information early on I'm assuming this won't be a super long series, it'll be interesting to see how it progresses though!

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 4:23AM

joined Jul 31, 2014

This story seem like idea from akuma no riddle.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Glad to see Yuri Hime is starting to publish a different kind of stories. I do like fluffy yuri in a school setting, but it can get redundant and boring if you read too much of it.
So.. A cool transfer student, lesbians and lots of violence? Hell yeah, I'm im! :D

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I guess people are unsure if the change from a fluffy story to a Battle Royale one is a good thing, but I've always been interested in reading manga where the main thing isn't the yuri, but it exists along side the plot. The pacing might be weird, but it's likely that Kawai Rou hasn't written much action/bloody manga before, and I'm okay with her having taken the opportunity to try it out.
When I first started reading manga, it's always been the shonen kind, and I certainly don't mind it with yuri on the side :P
I'm excited to see where this ends up

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 7:16AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Glad to see Yuri Hime is starting to publish a different kind of stories. I do like fluffy yuri in a school setting, but it can get redundant and boring if you read too much of it.
So.. A cool transfer student, lesbians and lots of violence? Hell yeah, I'm im! :D

I'm so excited about this.
Like yeah, the battle to the death genre has been done before, but at this point it's not even a valid reason to not read something, that its genre has been explored before, because you can use that excuse for anything.
Like yes, survival games are not as uncommon anymore, but survival games with YURI?
It shows that times are changing, and that yuri can be present in more than just planed out romance in highschool tales, that like het romance, can have their place in any kinds of plot.

I'll repeat, yes it's a fight to the death.
BUT IT HAS YURI.
IT may be a theme already explored in quite a few other manga, but did those have YURI?
NOPE.
I really wanna see yuri in more kinds of plots than the typical highschool romance, excited to see this pan out.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Yesss ! Got more exciting action yuri to read ! ' ' But can You splash the blood over the screen like Kuroko does ? Let see how Kawai-sensei put it to the climax !

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 5:01AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Dayominator

assuming they're not supposed to turn on each other at the end or something, hopefully YH wouldn't be THAT dark...

You want THAT dark from Yuri Hime? Try I Love You from vol 11. But you may not like it. That oneshot is also full of (mostly off screen) violence and death. And at the end...

It took me a little while to locate this one because I didn't remember it very well (I only read it once), so the reply was slow.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 5:16AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.