Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I never thought id say this but i really cant bring myself to cheer on for the yuri ending this is leaning towards here because honestly the relationship between yuma and the guy is so much healthier? Even if Yuma never explicitly stated that she didn't want to make out with hotaru or whatever it's still just really iffy consent wise? idk
def not saying i want a het ending tho. god no

Wouldn't say healthier, more the author flip flopped between which pairing the wanted in the chapters.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Jeebus fuck, you guys remind me of /u/ while Octave was still being written. This manga is CLEARLY marked NTR and CHEATING and HET. If you don't like these things, WHY THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU HERE IN THE COMMENTS THREAD?!

>Oh, hurr durr I have to comment on how much I hate these things and how much I'll pass on this manga and never read it ever, etc.

Protip: We. Don't. Care.
Please go somewhere else and stop posting in a thread for a manga you supposedly don't care about.
Just go and stay go.

joined Apr 12, 2014

im loving this

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Takeda: they have such a good friendship!

girls making out

yep just gals being pals! XD Honestly I feel a bit sorry for him.. he seems like a genuine nice guy, not like Hotaru's boyfriend. Still want the yuri goodness though.

joined Jun 13, 2014

At the end why did the girl with the black hair look mad or something?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

She wasn't happy because she saw the other two kiss, and thinks she's losing Yuma.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

She wasn't happy because she saw the other two kiss, and thinks she's losing Yuma.

looked more like she was scared because her boyfriend almost assaulted her

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Good point, I derped there. Just remembered the look she had before that bit, was going off that.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 12:20AM

joined Jun 13, 2014

Oh ok thanks I didn't understand at first

joined Jun 13, 2014

Yeah it did look like the boyfriend was going to do something bad

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Takeda: they have such a good friendship!

girls making out

yep just gals being pals!

Lmao right???

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 12:40AM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I don't understand. Why you guys hate Hotaru so much?

Probably because for some people cheating is some kind of ultimate evil, don't matter any reason for doing it or context, you're a monster that don't deserve forgiveness and must be hated and judged all your life for doing it.

I don't understand. Why you guys hate Hotaru so much?

Character is doing something despicable, relentlessly forcing herself onto someone

Hotaru just plain isn't doing that though. The one time Yuma actually told her to stop she did, and the next move she made was way less intense.

So.. If i know a girl and she is in a relationship, I can get all over her and take advantage of her confusion proceeding until she says "stop"? Then it does not count as forcing myself onto her? Instead of ya know, respecting someone and not aggressively move onto them like that in the first place? Sounds about right!

Ok; For one this is not a reason to hate her, just because she's being persistent. Two, if you guys didn't/ don't want any of this to happen you should've known better. The manga name clearly says Netorare Trap. It's not like she's breaking them up, she's just stealing her away.
And if you guys hate cheating so much, you all are hating the wrong person.

Hey PaleRider, did you quote me too because you think I hate her? What I said was about those who hate Hotaru, because I don't have reason to hate her for now, just wanted to let you know in case you misunderstand what I said.

Naw I didn't misunderstand. I quoted all of you guys cause you're basically saying the same thing. Except for the "Hotaru just..."

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 1:00AM

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

Jeebus fuck, you guys remind me of /u/ while Octave was still being written. This manga is CLEARLY marked NTR and CHEATING and HET. If you don't like these things, WHY THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU HERE IN THE COMMENTS THREAD?!

>Oh, hurr durr I have to comment on how much I hate these things and how much I'll pass on this manga and never read it ever, etc.

Please go somewhere else and stop posting in a thread for a manga you supposedly don't care about.
Just go and stay go.

^This
I like how you think, Onee-Sama!

Winchester056
joined Nov 5, 2013

Bisexual rape?

i want more banana no nana , gamma , murcielago kind of yuri not this...

Really? you think murcielago is more heartwarming than this? A ex-serial killer who habitually cheats on her yakuza girlfriend and stories that have women being impaled by a giant spike so a transgendered person, who was brainwashed to become one by the way, cold bathe in their blood and guts. Is better than his?

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Bisexual rape?

i want more banana no nana , gamma , murcielago kind of yuri not this...

Really? you think murcielago is more heartwarming than this? A ex-serial killer who habitually cheats on her yakuza girlfriend and stories that have women being impaled by a giant spike so a transgendered person, who was brainwashed to become one by the way, cold bathe in their blood and guts. Is better than his?

...Yes?

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Just go and stay go.

Protip: Learn to scroll past comments you don't like. If anti-yuri folks like you can yell and whine loudly about how much you dislike yuri all the damm time over the internet at large, so can yuri fans do the reverse, even though I personally do not agree with some complains in concern to how one views the yuri genre.

And while it's good to take a calmer wait and see approach, yuri fans do have a right to complain as this is published in the Yuri Hime magazine. Just like hetero fans will complain if yuri pops up in their het manga. And if you like the het stuff so much, I don't see a lack of boy/girl mangas elsewhere. Funny how you chose a website which coincidentally happen to host majorly yuri, just to read the fewer het manga and whine at yuri fans (yuri folks will obviously flock to this place, due to the vast amount of yuri content than anywhere else) on here when they don't like the het direction in a yuri series? You must really have issues.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 3:01AM

joined May 30, 2015

fuck it, i dont trust the translators, i'll just go read the raws and see for myself what's being said :/

also am i the only one that doesn't care about the cheating aspect of this? then again, my personality is pretty indifferent, i don't give a shit about anything, so every genre is literally fine with me (am i a horrible person or just so open minded that i'm beyond immoral ^^;?)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maybe it's far fetched, but I'm not sure Takeda is the good guy. His interest in Hotaru seem to go back and the trap here is maybe that he's the one who's trying to steal her from her bf by going out with her closest friend.

That would be the twist and would shut up those who identify too much with the one being cheated on.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well completely sovereign of my points people have finally ctfo on Hotaru...which ultimately makes me happy because people finally at least somewhat understand there's complexity in anything given proper effort.

Nya-chan has a good idea that maybe Takeda isn't the good guy...even though he seems plenty good to me at the moment, but we can never know for sure from a limited PoV. And is kinda right in saying that there is only one Hotaru for Yuma and vis-a-vis. I do take issue with the:

To hell with the guys. I can't empathize with them at all. There's plenty of fishes in the sea for them.

Because that is so not fair to us. It's not like us guys more heterosexual than homosexual fall in love with anything we can thrust our sword in. There's only 'at most' one special person for us at any given time the same exact way (since I still don't know where I stand on the concept of having more than one romantic partner at any given time, I'll assume it isn't a thing for sake of ease of argument only...it's rather irrelevant in this case). But all the same you're on the right track with the fact I see Hotaru and Yuma fitting together nicely and they seem to work well for each other.

And one more thing...cheating is never okay. Never. If you are forced into it, you're not cheating. Cheating is an active act of intentionally being unfaithful for . And there is no kinda cheating. It's binary. You did or you didn't. Again, I'll reiterate, this is a much more complex story, and to this point no cheating is being done for various reasons, Just go read my earlier post if you're curious as to how I see it this way.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

To hell with the guys. I can't empathize with them at all. There's plenty of fishes in the sea for them.

Because that is so not fair to us. It's not like us guys more heterosexual than homosexual fall in love with anything we can thrust our sword in. There's only 'at most' one special person for us at any given time the same exact way (since I still don't know where I stand on the concept of having more than one romantic partner at any given time, I'll assume it isn't a thing for sake of ease of argument only...it's rather irrelevant in this case). But all the same you're on the right track with the fact I see Hotaru and Yuma fitting together nicely and they seem to work well for each other.

Did you miss part of the post? I don't think they were saying that about all guys, just the ones in the manga.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My take on this is :

• Hotaru has been going out with multiple guys to "run away" from her feelings for Yuma
  • Yuma felt uneasy about this, because of her own unconscious feelings.
  • Current relationship of Hotaru is toxic but she's afraid to break-up.
  • She's desperate because Yuma started going out with Takeda, so because of this and previous point, she drops hints left and right for Yuma to pick up and save her.
  • Takeda is maybe interested in Hotaru (they were classmates and he worried about her? Fishy...). Though it's a bit far fetched.
  • Yuma can't sort her own feelings and is confused about Hotaru's actions. So she doesn't think it's cheating. But she's not that much into Takeda (although he seems to be nice to her). She sees him as a fellow club member and not as a romantic interest much.
  • Takeda looks nice, but he's in a hurry to get in Yuma's pants.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 4:08AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

This has gotten an interesting twist with Hotaru's violent boyfriend.

I sure hope Hotaru doesn't turn into sea foam

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 4:08AM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

fuck it, i dont trust the translators, i'll just go read the raws and see for myself what's being said :/

also am i the only one that doesn't care about the cheating aspect of this? then again, my personality is pretty indifferent, i don't give a shit about anything, so every genre is literally fine with me (am i a horrible person or just so open minded that i'm beyond immoral ^^;?)

Cheating is not the problem. It's the 1980 cliche of the yuri and hetero conflict + seemingly abuse (in this one), with yuri likely losing (The overall ending is not out yet). People say Citrus is cliche, but I find this type of cliche even worse. Yuri doesn't need to be sweet all the time (ex.Akuma no Riddle), but it should stay yuri at least, whether they be "subtext" yuri (which I consider as equally yuri) or canon in a yuri manga.

This ran in Yuri Hime btw. Like, not to spoil but the ending and overall content should be relatively obvious given that fact.

Bit unsure about what you meant, but a bad end is very possible. Yuri Hime did mention of their intention to swap their focus. And some of their issues of late, are the lowest rated in years of the manga magazine running.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 5:04AM

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Maybe it's far fetched, but I'm not sure Takeda is the good guy. His interest in Hotaru seem to go back and the trap here is maybe that he's the one who's trying to steal her from her bf by going out with her closest friend.

That would be the twist and would shut up those who identify too much with the one being cheated on.

Sounds like Blue Friend.

I'd actually much prefer if Takeda is genuinely a nice guy. It's too bad for him and all, but I'd want Yuma to make her decisions herself, not because her boyfriend turned out to be an asshole but because she realizes she loves Hotaru more. I'd think this is more likely the case too. Yuma is clearly so dense she doesn't even realize she's cheating, she sure as heck doesn't understand Hotaru's feelings, it seems more a story about Yuma recognizing what she feels for Hotaru.

Just a thought, Yuma was shown as protective of Hotaru back when they were young, the role of Hotaru's current abusive boyfriend may be to trigger those instincts in Yuma.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Hotaru ist in fear, beause of the blond boy I think ._. And she love her best friend but can't tell her now..Thats why she act like this <.< Its sad :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.