Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Erm, I've read that word NTR on here a lot, what does it mean exactly? Is it just cheating?

Its cheating that makes the reader feel awful, too.... Short for netorare

Wasn't netorare meaning that someones love interest is forced to cheat because of blackmail or other reasons and in the end she is forced to break up because either she had so much sex that she loves the blackmailing guy now or she is doing it for her boyfriend because "she is defiled and no longer good for him"?

So in this case if one of those girls netorare the other, then it's 100% yuri end for both of them.

I thought NTR just meant when cheating succeeds for the third wheel.

I mean, in your classic nasty hentai ntr, the reader is meant to identify with the guy being cheated on and then feel jilted by proxy. This I wouldn't really consider ntr bc we're obviously not meant to feel for the boyfriend.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 7:36PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This ran in Yuri Hime btw. Like, not to spoil but the ending and overall content should be relatively obvious given that fact.

The trap is in the name... -_-

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I mean, in your classic nasty hentai ntr, the reader is meant to identify with the guy being cheated on and then feel jilted by proxy. This I wouldn't really consider ntr bc we're obviously not meant to feel for the boyfriend.

Thank you. I finally understand what this term means xD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Thank you. I finally understand what this term means xD

Japan, why you so much terminology! ;-;

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

hmm.. nice to see it finally translated on here, i read it a while back in spanish

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

hmm.. nice to see it finally translated on here, i read it a while back in spanish

Lol same here. I'm glad it's here, sadly I couldn't find it in my native at all....

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 8:34PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

This ^

So for example, if the main character cheat with his boss wife and she left his husband for him, then it's just plain cheating story. But if the story is written from the boss perspective, and his wife cheated on him with his subordinate and left him, then it's ntr.

I guess it's like if a comedy about a ghost protagonist make prank on human. That same movie will feel like a horror movie from the human POV. Sort of

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 8:50PM

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

I feel for him, poor sap's about to get his girlfriend stolen. I'm honestly surprised about the lack of empathy for the guy, and support of Hotaru's actions, if their positions were reversed it's likely that exactly the opposite reaction would be produced. Just because it's yuri doesn't mean it should be supported regardless of context and character actions. Hotaru's the one in the wrong not him, but she's going to win anyway, just because, and through of fault of his own dude's gonna end up alone, so yeah I feel for him.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 9:01PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I feel for him, poor sap's about to get his girlfriend stolen. I'm honestly surprised about the lack of empathy for the guy, and support of Hotaru's actions, if their positions were reversed it's likely that exactly the opposite reaction would be produced. Just because it's yuri doesn't mean it should be supported regardless of context and character actions. Hotaru's the one in the wrong not him, but she's going to win anyway, just because, and through of fault of his own dude's gonna end up alone, so yeah I feel for him.

It happens

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Your opinion baffles me. The guy is far less interesting being on the periphery of the story. Why would people focus on that? In defence of a relationship which seems superficial at best?

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Your opinion baffles me. The guy is far less interesting being on the periphery of the story. Why would people focus on that? In defence of a relationship which seems superficial at best?

I empathize with him as a human being. It doesn't matter that I don't really know anything about him, what matters is that I see him in an unfortunate situation and I feel bad for him, because I know that I would feel bad in the same situation ( heck maybe him being so bland makes it easier to self insert.)
I will concede that Hotaru is, at this moment in time, a more interesting character, as we have a greater understanding of her background and have seen more of her behavior, but this doesn't mean that I am under any obligation to like her, because frankly so far she has been pretty awful, disregarding the feelings of both Yuma and her boyfriend. So just because we know less about him doesn't mean we should treat the guy as if he isn't real. In any story I'll root for the person who I can most empathize with, who I have a reason to support, and in this case my reason for supporting him is that, knowing little about him he is nicer, and a better friend to Yuma, than Hotaru, who thus far has acted rather callously. It isn't about who might make the more interesting story it's about who I prefer as a character and that is most definitely the guy.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 9:41PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I empathize with him as a human being. It doesn't matter that I don't really know anything about him, what matters is that I see him in an unfortunate situation and I feel bad for him, because I know that I would feel bad in the same situation ( heck maybe me being so bland makes it easier to self insert.)
I will concede that Hotaru is, at this moment in time, a more interesting character, as we have a greater understanding of her background and have seen more of her behavior, but doesn't mean that I am under any obligation to like her, because frankly so far she has been pretty awful, disregarding the feelings of both Yuma and her boyfriend. So just because we know less about him doesn't mean we should treat the guy as if he isn't real. In any story I'll root for the person who I can most empathize with, who I have a reason to support, and in this case my reason for supporting him is that, knowing little about him he is nicer, and a better friend to Yuma, than Hotaru, who thus far has acted rather callously. It isn't about who might make the more interesting story it's about who I prefer as a character and that is most definitely the guy.

^ this, blackhaired will continue to be a bitch forcing herself onto the MC throughout the story, then it will be "justified" ch5 and there is were we "should cheer for her, cuz [plot justification], we should feel bad for her boohoo let her have yuri ending QQ melodrama angst".

No thanks. I go for entertainment in general where there are characters I like. Here the MC is a nothing-character very bland, and the blackhaired is quite a detestable bitch. Other characters are basically background characters. Theres nothing of interest for me here.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

I'm probably a horrible person 'cause this is practically how my first love went (Yuma's position but was dating a girl but not as extreme)

joined Jan 8, 2014

Seems like it has potential...good read so far

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I can't stand NTR/Cheating influenced stories. Nobody ever looks good in those stories. I think I'll skipping this.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

dis gonna be a rollercoaster ride

joined Apr 6, 2014

I hate NTR like the plague...but it's yuri, so my feelings are mixed to high Hell. If the guy ends up being a bro among bros, I might just end up rooting for him. >,<

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Is beging, the greatest shitstorm of our times!

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Yeah ...thats what I want after lovely dovey stuff

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I empathize with him as a human being. It doesn't matter that I don't really know anything about him, what matters is that I see him in an unfortunate situation and I feel bad for him, because I know that I would feel bad in the same situation ( heck maybe him being so bland makes it easier to self insert.)

Believe me, I've noticed being bland makes it easier to self insert. And so has every hack harem author ever. -_-

I will concede that Hotaru is, at this moment in time, a more interesting character, as we have a greater understanding of her background and have seen more of her behavior, but this doesn't mean that I am under any obligation to like her, because frankly so far she has been pretty awful, disregarding the feelings of both Yuma and her boyfriend. So just because we know less about him doesn't mean we should treat the guy as if he isn't real. In any story I'll root for the person who I can most empathize with, who I have a reason to support, and in this case my reason for supporting him is that, knowing little about him he is nicer, and a better friend to Yuma, than Hotaru, who thus far has acted rather callously.

The thing is, he isn't real. He's a means to a storytelling end. Most people will not care because simply, he is not a character yet. He is a blank slate piece of plot machinery in this chapter. There is nothing to empathize with. There is no one to support. There is only background decoration.

What even are you rooting for? Given Yumas reaction, she isn't all that into him, and it's twisted thinking where you believe she should be with someone she doesn't want to be based entirely on 'he's nice to her'.

Knowing little about him does not help me like him. He could have any background imaginable. What we have seen might seem nicer, but we do not know that about him. We've only caught a glimpse of him.

Quite simply, I think you're inflating the 'awful'-ness of Hotaru's actions. As we see from Yuma's monologue, her feelings certainly seem inclined towards Hotaru, so I don't see how she's disregarding them, and why should the guys feelings interfere just because he was there first?

It isn't about who might make the more interesting story it's about who I prefer as a character and that is most definitely the guy.

Just in case you didn't get it above, he ISN'T a character.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Quite a lot of hate for Hotaru. I haven't seen any futher than the first chapter, and I do get that she's "seducing" (?) the other guy's girlfriend, but I can't really hate her. So far it feels like someone who's seeing the one she loves being taken away by some other guy as an inevitable end. She has no way of knowing if her tease has an actual effect on Yuna other than making her feel embarased, as far as she knows Yuna's straight (I mean, she got herself a boyfriend and all), and is desperately looking towards making a lasting impression on Yuna that she'll remember once she leaves Hotaru behind. She pretty much has nothing else to lose.

Well, at least that's my first impression, which could be totally wrong depending on the chapters ahead.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The way some are hating Hotaru it's going to be fun to see their reactions when the rest is translated.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 11:02PM

joined Apr 25, 2013

If there's anyone I think the reader is meant to sympathize with, it would have to be Yuma and all the confusion, emotional turmoil, and drama she's inevitably going to go through. Takeda seems like a decent chap who has done nothing to get his girlfriend stolen, but so far as I can tell, I'm not even sure if Yuma even loves him in a romantic sense. It seems she likes him as a person and as a friend and, based on society's expectations, assumes that the next obvious step is to become lovers.

The only real mystery I can see at the moment is why Hotaru was the first to start dating boys. The most rational answer is that she was in a bunch of loveless relationships and didn't realize her true sexual orientation until it was too late. I'd hope that she could earn a bit of sympathy from that.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 11:16PM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

It gets worse at around Chapter 4 onwards. I'm still interested to see more though.

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Believe me, I've noticed being bland makes it easier to self insert. And so has every hack harem author ever. -_-

I will concede that Hotaru is, at this moment in time, a more interesting character, as we have a greater understanding of her background and have seen more of her behavior, but this doesn't mean that I am under any obligation to like her, because frankly so far she has been pretty awful, disregarding the feelings of both Yuma and her boyfriend. So just because we know less about him doesn't mean we should treat the guy as if he isn't real. In any story I'll root for the person who I can most empathize with, who I have a reason to support, and in this case my reason for supporting him is that, knowing little about him he is nicer, and a better friend to Yuma, than Hotaru, who thus far has acted rather callously.

The thing is, he isn't real. He's a means to a storytelling end. Most people will not care because simply, he is not a character yet. He is a blank slate piece of plot machinery in this chapter. There is nothing to empathize with. There is no one to support. There is only background decoration.

What even are you rooting for? Given Yumas reaction, she isn't all that into him, and it's twisted thinking where you believe she should be with someone she doesn't want to be based entirely on 'he's nice to her'.

Knowing little about him does not help me like him. He could have any background imaginable. What we have seen might seem nicer, but we do not know that about him. We've only caught a glimpse of him.

Quite simply, I think you're inflating the 'awful'-ness of Hotaru's actions. As we see from Yuma's monologue, her feelings certainly seem inclined towards Hotaru, so I don't see how she's disregarding them, and why should the guys feelings interfere just because he was there first?

You make some interesting points but I fear that you are missing the crux of my argument. It doesn't matter that I don't really know anything about him, or that he is a blank slate and unlikely to change. What matters is that he is a human being in a bad situation. In real life If I saw some one in a shitty situation I would feel bad for them regardless of whether I knew anything about them or not, because as a fellow human being I can image myself in the same scenario and empathize. Obviously this is not real life but I believe the same logic applies. He is a human in a terrible situation, because having your girlfriend cheat on you with someone that is actively trying to steal them is terrible, and as a human I can place my self in that position, see how awful it is and want it to get better for them not because I know them, but because they are human.

I do however agree that just because he is nice it does not mean that Yuma is under any obligation to date him, and as you say it doesn't seem that she wants to. However if the alternative is to have her dating Hotaru then I would rather her be single because I don't believe that nasty behavior as shown by Hotaru should be rewarded. What I was suggesting was, that out of the two potential couples we have been shown, I would prefer the one with guy in it, because thus far he has treated her better than Hotaru, and if Yuma does not want to date him then I believe it would be best for her to remain single as Hotaru has treated her rather nastily thus far.

Which leads on to my next point of disagreement, the nastiness of Hotaru's actions. I don't believe I exaggerated at all, because no matter how you look at forcing your self onto someone who is in a relationship is a shitty thing to do. It's not a matter of who got there first it's a matter of human decency. This man is in a relationship, with someone we can assume he cares about, and to try and steal his girlfriend, going so have as to force yourself on them, is dick move, regardless of the context. In terms of Yuma's feeling while you are right that they seem to be drifting towards Hotaru, that is for her to discover and work out. It is not Hotaru's place to push herself on Yuma in an attempt to coax these feelings out especially not when she has a boyfriend

The bottom line is that even if I don't know enough about him to 'like him per-say, I still know enough about his situation that I wish for it to improve, and so in that sense I am rooting for him and hoping that things will get better for him. On the other side of things it is my opinion that Hotaru has behaved unkindly and done nothing that deserves reward or the affections of Yuma, so I cannot possibly support a yuri ending.

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 11:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.