Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

joined Apr 19, 2014

I don't understand. Why you guys hate Hotaru so much?

Character is doing something despicable, relentlessly forcing herself onto someone

Hotaru just plain isn't doing that though. The one time Yuma actually told her to stop she did, and the next move she made was way less intense.

So.. If i know a girl and she is in a relationship, I can get all over her and take advantage of her confusion proceeding until she says "stop"? Then it does not count as forcing myself onto her? Instead of ya know, respecting someone and not aggressively move onto them like that in the first place? Sounds about right!

I think we talked past eachother a little, I was more focused on the "relentless" part.

The first couple scenes are kinda weird in how extreme Hotaru is, they kinda feel like mid-series scenes moved forward for a more memorable/impactful opening. Still, depending on how much of Hotaru's dialogue you believe, it seems like she was genuinely expecting Yuma to object earlier and only went that far because she thought Y was okay with it, which is a mistake but one a lot of people make. On the other hand if you think she was lying about everything during that first part on the balcony instead of just lying about why she was doing it, I suppose she comes off pretty bad.

I do really disagree on you presenting respecting someone and being aggressive (at least in the context of this comic) towards them as mutually exclusive though.

joined Jul 31, 2014

The starting was a shock for me. I wonder will author remain to give readers a shock in every chapter?
Hotaru maybe nasty but she still very respect Yuma decision. I saw the passion of love in Hotaru eye. I bet Yuma doesn't aware Hotaru love her since childhood.
Thank you author

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 8:08AM

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Just because it's yuri doesn't make the cheating okay. And I put up with a lot of shit just because a series is yuri.
NTR never settles with me.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Although a lot of people are morally disturbed with the series, I'm kinda glad manga with genres like this exist I guess, because you can tell those who are okay with it either like the idea of taking a girl from a guy (in comparison to all the manga with a sad end because one girl cheated or left for a dude), allow themselves to not be disturbed because it's fiction, or maybe something something like that.
And I guess kudos to all those uncomfortable because they're trying to stand by their morals, yuri or not

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Just because it's yuri doesn't make the cheating okay. And I put up with a lot of shit just because a series is yuri.
It make Fucking Awesome!
I will be the lawyer for them

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Erm, I've read that word NTR on here a lot, what does it mean exactly? Is it just cheating?

Its cheating that makes the reader feel awful, too.... Short for netorare

That's not entirely true. NTR, to the Japanese, covers netorare, netorase, netori, and netoru. It's the same verb, different conjugation.

It's only four types of NTR? What's the difference between them?

As person in quote said. It is the same word but with different conjugations. I saw only netorare used though. Netoru is basic form and means: to steal another's spouse; to steal another's lover (according to my dictionary), netori would be noun created from netoru, netorare is probably command form of netorareru (passive version of netoru) and netorase is second passive form in command form (netoraseru). Japanese has 2 passive forms for each word. One for something caused by person and other for something that happened by itself.

It was ages since I learned it and netoru isn't exactly your typical common word, so I probably messed something somewhere.

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 8:48AM

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1821527#q1828840

As linked above someone on /u/ fixed up some errors and wrote the following if you want to update the dynasty copy:

"I swear, posting all these translations for this this series has made it a sort of unhealthy focus for me. I just went ahead and typeset chapter 2 as well.

Whoever understands how submitting to Dynasty works, I'd be grateful if you passed this along to them as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3m77hsmb6ktj8q/NTR_2_ENG.zip"

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Finally! I've seen 4 raw chapters and it's really interesting and also irritating sometimes even if I didn't understand a thing haha I just really hate het drama that's why I find it irritating but I guess I'll endure it because the yuri is very nice haha

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1821527#q1828840

As linked above someone on /u/ fixed up some errors and wrote the following if you want to update the dynasty copy:

"I swear, posting all these translations for this this series has made it a sort of unhealthy focus for me. I just went ahead and typeset chapter 2 as well.

Whoever understands how submitting to Dynasty works, I'd be grateful if you passed this along to them as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3m77hsmb6ktj8q/NTR_2_ENG.zip"

Danke

joined Mar 25, 2013

The way some are hating Hotaru it's going to be fun to see their reactions when the rest is translated.

I know what it is, giving her a plot justification wont change the fact she behaves like a bitch and remains dislike-able . "Oh boohoo, feel for me, I have my reasons" feels like a desperate, plot-wise, justification for her behavior.

Just abuse or sexual abuse?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Bisexual rape?

i want more banana no nana , gamma , murcielago kind of yuri not this...

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 9:40AM

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

rape

Spoiler much? Well, at least now I can do some mental preparation.

joined Mar 25, 2013

rape

Spoiler much? Well, at least now I can do some mental preparation.

Do read it properly :P It was with a question mark, it does not denote anything for future chapters, otherwise it probably would've been in a spoilers thing. At least that's what I assume since he/she's been posting for a while.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Do read it properly :P

Fair enough, might have been jumping the gun there. Still going to be cautious now though.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Sorry to bring my own story in the mix, but while I never cheated, I've been in the shoes of two of the characters. I stole a guy's girlfriend and I've been cheated on (This is karma I know) and both experiences have been valuable in term of growth. Yes, you feel like shit and beyond angry when being cheated on. But when you're the one stealing, you feel really empowered, especially when you're a girl stealing a girl. Maybe I'm awful but it was a nice feeling at the time. And when I was in the reverse situation, I felt terrible, but the irony was not lost on me. But I can say that I always was commited to my relationships so I don't think as myself as a bad person. I just act on what I really want and I don't lie.

Things like this happen all the time. Just lying is the bad thing here. And it's Yuma doing it.

^^this
Like cheating is not inherently bad, it can be falling in love with someone else when ure on a fragilized relationship.
The bad part comes after that, when the charater lies about it even after accepting their feelings...

Like, i wouldnt see anything bad on Yuma if she just realizes she fell for Hotaru and diches the guy. And neither would i feel bad for the guy in that situation, he simply dint had a strong enough bond.

Now i would say its wrong if the realizes her feelings and keeps the guy unaware, deceiving him.

Theres also the case that she could like the guy as a person but not sexually, but we know nothing about him so its not rly applied here. Even then the right thing would be putting the cards on the table, telling the truth and figuring it out.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I think I'll reserve my opinion about this until more chapters come out. I've takenwaaaay too many relationship courses to really care about cheating as a plot point. This all seems fine and dandy, but if character development falls flat, I'm pulling the ejecy cord on this title.

Until then can we do something about this typo :http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/netsuzou_trap_ch01#33 you're missing an "A" in angrily.

If anything that bothers me more. . .

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 12:02PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

renai manga wasn't bad, and cocytus was interesting.
instead of starting a new serie, i wanted to continue reading it, i have a soft spot for poker face character

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Probably because for some people cheating is some kind of ultimate evil, don't matter any reason for doing it or context, you're a monster that don't deserve forgiveness and must be hated and judged all your life for doing it.

Character is doing something despicable, relentlessly forcing herself onto someone

Hotaru just plain isn't doing that though. The one time Yuma actually told her to stop she did, and the next move she made was way less intense.

So.. If i know a girl and she is in a relationship, I can get all over her and take advantage of her confusion proceeding until she says "stop"? Then it does not count as forcing myself onto her? Instead of ya know, respecting someone and not aggressively move onto them like that in the first place? Sounds about right!

Ok; For one this is not a reason to hate her, just because she's being persistent. Two, if you guys didn't/ don't want any of this to happen you should've known better. The manga name clearly says Netorare Trap. It's not like she's breaking them up, she's just stealing her away.
And if you guys hate cheating so much, you all are hating the wrong person.

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 8:07PM

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

Sorry, I'm rooting for Hotaru. Yuma doesn't seem very much in love with Mr Bland. Hotaru just wants to be stolen herself because she lacks the courage to break-up with her abusive boyfriend and Yuma is the only person in the world that can do that. Hotaru has probably been in love with Yuma for a long time, but we know just how HARD it is to confess to a straight friend, with the prospect of being rejected and losing a friend at the same time.

So, I want Yuma to help and protect Hotaru, like she promised from the very beginning. To hell with the guys. I can't empathize with them at all. There's plenty of fishes in the sea for them.

But there's only one Yuma for Hotaru and one Hotaru for Yuma. In the whole universe and for all eternity.

^Just this.

158e73e9-b1f7-46d9-8892-2ce9a7030375
joined Jun 16, 2015

So Glorious ~ I want more of this <3

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

This would be so much easier to take if Takeda was also a dick, like Hotaru's boyfriend.

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 10:03PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Probably because for some people cheating is some kind of ultimate evil, don't matter any reason for doing it or context, you're a monster that don't deserve forgiveness and must be hated and judged all your life for doing it.

Ok; For one this is not a reason to hate her, just because she's being persistent. Two, if you guys didn't/ don't want any of this to happen you should've known better. The manga name clearly says Netorare Trap. It's not like she's breaking them up, she's just stealing her away.
And if you guys hate cheating so much, you all are hating the wrong person.

Hey PaleRider, did you quote me too because you think I hate her? What I said was about those who hate Hotaru, because I don't have reason to hate her for now, just wanted to let you know in case you misunderstand what I said.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Hmmm, Hotaru's back story seems interesting...im guessing dating guy after guy cuz they dont make her heart race...not like Yuma does!
and I agree if Takeda was a villain style boy itd be easier on Yuma...either way I see a rough decision in the future...
Thanks for the quick update, am interested to see the next ch ^_^

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

"As long as she doesn't steal Takeda" Ending foreshadowed, this was not the NTR we were thinking it was.

Interesting that Yuma spoke like she was cheated on when Hotaru started dating... Though she seemed quite into Takeda when they kissed. Far more comfortable than with Hotaru... Hmm, chapter didn't make me feel much faith in her cause. Felt some sympathy for her though, seemed so sad.

Dsgsdfgdf4
joined Dec 15, 2014

I never thought id say this but i really cant bring myself to cheer on for the yuri ending this is leaning towards here because honestly the relationship between yuma and the guy is so much healthier? Even if Yuma never explicitly stated that she didn't want to make out with hotaru or whatever it's still just really iffy consent wise? idk
def not saying i want a het ending tho. god no

To reply you must either login or sign up.