Forum › Dandelion Among Lilies discussion

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

Well technically mizuho said herself, the reason she's with Ena because Ena love her not the other way round. I think even before that convsation with her little sister, Ena probably has notice it. It's a one sided love.

Ena on the other hand love Mizuho and the kind that do whatever she feels like - example, she kiss Mizuho right infront of her little sister eventhought they just met, agreed to crashed at mizuho's sister house ( surely it must be mizuho, the one suggested) or to suddenly buy a necklace for her girlfriend. Which I find it normal if you're in love with someone. But knowing the feeling is not mutual can be a burden.

So something like Mizuho not worried about her girlfriend went missing probably a big deal for Ena. She probably hope that Mizuho be a bit worried about her and go out to find her. But she didn't! So it can be emotional for Ena.

Another thing, it's Mizuho who suggest to go to work seperately. So Ena's uneasiness is completely understandable.

Oh well it's just what understand. I might be totally wrong.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well technically mizuho said herself, the reason she's with Ena because Ena love her not the other way round. I think even before that convsation with her little sister, Ena probably has notice it. It's a one sided love.

Ena on the other hand love Mizuho and the kind that do whatever she feels like - example, she kiss Mizuho right infront of her little sister eventhought they just met, agreed to crashed at mizuho's sister house ( surely it must be mizuho, the one suggested) or to suddenly buy a necklace for her girlfriend. Which I find it normal if you're in love with someone. But knowing the feeling is not mutual can be a burden.

So something like Mizuho not worried about her girlfriend went missing probably a big deal for Ena. She probably hope that Mizuho be a bit worried about her and go out to find her. But she didn't! So it can be emotional for Ena.

Another thing, it's Mizuho who suggest to go to work seperately. So Ena's uneasiness is completely understandable.

No, i think you got some truth on this...

The manga would be much longer than what i expect then. We have to settle Ena's insecure feeling, then Mizuko feeling ( i thought she was the aggressive type, leaving the house so she can be with her gf, seems not based on this chapter) . Then finally the little sister feelings

last edited at Jul 23, 2013 7:29AM

joined Jul 23, 2013

I'm agreed on your interpretaion...Definitely makes sense.

I'm just wondering what this manga intended, though. Especially about the role of Mizuho's little sister. I'm still focused on her ex-bf and that lost strap thing...maybe this isn't big deal though.

Anyway, at this rate Ena and Mizuho will definitely gonna break up since Ena endures and at the same time burdening Mizuho in some aspects. However, Ena had tried to leave Mizuho before, based on the monologue that she left but came back again. Maybe some dramatic change may occure in next chapter, hopefully.

Still, this series became one of my best manga. Such story hasn't really dealt before, and the relationship of those three character is really something never seen before...the existence of the little sister. I'm looking forward to next chapter and even further. Thank you for scanlation! Love your work!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

drama, drama, angst.

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

Ahhhh, I don't know man. This manga is kinda pissing me off. YOU KNOW WHAT. THIS SOUNDS LIKE SHIZURU AND NATSUKI. I wish there was a pure love story without the shitty i'm-so-insecure-so-i-have-to-run plot and evolving around that.

joined May 10, 2013

mizuho you idiot!

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I really really hope things work out between Mizuho & Ena. Really don't want Mini-Mizuho (whose name I don't care to look up atm...) hooking up with her.

06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

Is Mizuho not serious about Ena or something? Or is she just cold towards her?

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

...so much angst written all over this. I have a couple possible theories for where this plot is heading, but no matter what I'm rooting for Ena in the end. She's one of those characters I would hate to see get hurt :(

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Mizuho seems like a terrible girlfriend; she's lazy, flighty, uncaring, outright ignores issues when they come up, and is only with Ena because Ena said that she loved her. So now the only question is whether this story will be about Kana trying to make her sister actually give a damn about her relationship or if it'll be about Ena leaving Mizuho for her sister.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I wish there was a pure love story without the shitty i'm-so-insecure-so-i-have-to-run plot and evolving around that.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san

I'm just wondering what this manga intended, though. Especially about the role of Mizuho's little sister. I'm still focused on her ex-bf and that lost strap thing...maybe this isn't big deal though.

You know I'm wondering the same thing. There isn't much flow between chapters, it's hard to tell where it's headed at this point.

Such story hasn't really dealt before, and the relationship of those three character is really something never seen before...the existence of the little sister.

Definitely agree...The whole theme of "Am I the only one serious about this relationship?" is so prevalent throughout yuri, yet I don't think I can recall a manga that actually dealt with a situation where this appears to be true. It's quite cool.

joined Jul 23, 2013

Mizuho is coming off as a pretty terrible person right now, but that's probably because she went through a lot of shit. I think it's pretty obvious that she disappeared from home and never contacted her family because she was disowned after she came out.

I have no idea where Kanae fits in all this though, or how the plot's going to develop. The suspense is killing me.

joined May 31, 2013

Mizuho seems like a terrible girlfriend; she's lazy, flighty, uncaring, outright ignores issues when they come up, and is only with Ena because Ena said that she loved her. So now the only question is whether this story will be about Kana trying to make her sister actually give a damn about her relationship or if it'll be about Ena leaving Mizuho for her sister.

Speaking as someone who has been in two relationships that were just like you describe (though throw in therapy and an inability to accept any sort accountability) i think you have the right idea, I did allot of things like Ena does with wanting to help out and just doing nice things for no other reason then because I wanted to do something nice and it is pretty frustrating when the other person just can't empathize with other people at all. I should add that Mizuho seems very insecure about the whole situation and somewhat of a recluse (I think she's only worried about what people at work will think, i don't recall any mention about her "friends" or "family" getting ideas about them.) which further makes her out to be someone who just can't empathize with other people. Not sure how much this manga is based off real-life experience's of the author but it strikes an awful lot of similarity to my dating experiences with people who were just way to self-absorbed to be in a relationship.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Speaking as someone who has been in two relationships that were just like you describe (though throw in therapy and an inability to accept any sort accountability) i think you have the right idea, I did allot of things like Ena does with wanting to help out and just doing nice things for no other reason then because I wanted to do something nice and it is pretty frustrating when the other person just can't empathize with other people at all. I should add that Mizuho seems very insecure about the whole situation and somewhat of a recluse (I think she's only worried about what people at work will think, i don't recall any mention about her "friends" or "family" getting ideas about them.) which further makes her out to be someone who just can't empathize with other people. Not sure how much this manga is based off real-life experience's of the author but it strikes an awful lot of similarity to my dating experiences with people who were just way to self-absorbed to be in a relationship.

What we might think is kind of weird is not really that strange in Japan. I'm talking about the secrecy of an homosexual relationship. Heck even some single mother that are divorced or not try to hide it, as it can affect their work. It may seems ridiculous but it's a strong reality over there. It's getting better over the years but it's still present.

It's true that she seems to be the anti social type. As for friends and family, we don't know much at this point. She did leave home after high school and seemed to not keep in touch, we don't know the reason for this.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I'm sorry but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused and all these comments aren't helping XD am I just that oblivious geez I usually pay so much attention when reading but this threw me for a flippin' loop man.

Hahaha re-read it and understood what was going on XD

last edited at Jul 23, 2013 3:08PM

Saya
joined Apr 8, 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't Mizuho sell the lace that Ena gave her ?
And if you pay attention to the clothes of Ena it'll help you a bit I think...

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

Just had to post after this chapter. Man, I feel for Ena, been there, girl.

I am curious about why the Mizuho up and left her family; I don't take her as a character that's going to just come out to her family unless pushed to it. She seems too wary and protective of her privacy. And I assume her and Ena didn't get together in high school either--Ena's flashbacks don't show them wearing uniforms, and it's set when Mizuho's already moved out(?) As an aside, Mizuho never explicitly said she was gay, in any case. It seems more like they settled into a relationship and trapped each other in their own way. Kanae's got her hands full.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

seriously.. i'm at a lost here and confuse of what's happening in the last chapter...

I'm starting to dislike Mizuho but.. i also wonder, she was "awake and waiting" when Ena arrived right? i mean back when Ena was testing Mizuho. I used testing coz i think, Ena just want to see if Mizuho cares for her so as to look for her when she isn't back the usual time..

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dandelion_among_lilies_ch03#15

if i'm not wrong, the right one's the present, which is after she heard Mizuho and her sister talking. The left one's the past back when she tried to leave Mizuho. So t'was like when she heard "coz she said she loves me", it knocked some sense to her if Mizuho really loves her or not? something like that, then she remembered some significant events about them..

when she remembered the time when she "thought" Mizuho didn't even care when she's later than usual, she asked herself "Why did i came back?" more like, "I should've realized i have a one-sided love, why did i came back?" to me.

urgh. i can't explain it well rofl. sorry for my english, not my native language. ROFL.

But still, i can't say Mizuho didn't look for her or didn't care for her.. coz i think Mizuho was looking at the clock, waiting for her.. It can also be, she tried to look for her, no luck so she went back home and wait.. coz of the water..
also, when she turned around and said "Welcome back" i sensed some kindness and relief in her smile.

Mizuho prolly had some bad experiences, that made her look like she's insensitive, it can also be she's trying to distance herself a bit or weighing the situations? like them being criticized from work and all..

and, please no Netorare LOL. i'm rooting for Ena and Mizuho's relationship to work out and all.

just my opinion.

last edited at Jul 23, 2013 10:38PM

Petit_yuri-hime_2010_cover
joined May 27, 2013

I guess, Mizuho is the type who is bad showing her feelings.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

if i'm not wrong, the right one's the present, which is after she heard Mizuho and her sister talking. The left one's the past back when she tried to leave Mizuho. So t'was like when she heard "coz she said she loves me", it knocked some sense to her if Mizuho really loves her or not? something like that, then she remembered some significant events about them..

when she remembered the time when she "thought" Mizuho didn't even care when she's later than usual, she asked herself "Why did i came back?" more like, "I should've realized i have a one-sided love, why did i came back?" to me.

The left one is the present. In the third panel, Ena says "But still, I came back." Referring to the past. Look at her hair clip. It's the same one as in the left panel and the angle is also the same.

The next page where she's crying is the past and the page after that returns to the present. And then, the penultimate page, she rages about Mizuho's past action of not looking for her/hugging her etc.

last edited at Jul 24, 2013 12:10AM

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

I would be very surprised if Kana falls for Ena and vice versa, leaving Mizuho devastated. o_o;

1509799_439366076230129_8372175658272119650_n
joined Apr 8, 2013

While reading Chapter 3, it makes me wonder:
Why did Mizuho even accepted Ena as her girlfriend? Just because Ena said she loves her? Because she doens't want to hurt her feelings? If so, then why is she so against about having their relationship known? Why does she want it to keep it a secret? Is that why she ran away from home? Because she doens't want her parents to find out? Is it because she doens't want to be ridiculed by others? What about Ena? Does Mizuho even realize that she's hurting her? Ena doesn't care if others know about it. She doesn't give a singe shit about them. They've been going out for 2 years now. Mizuho should at least know if there's something wrong with her girlfriend. Mizuho, really. What the hell....I feel really bad about Ena. Why? Because she loves Mizuho but she can never have the love in return......

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

I don't know how long exactly Mizuho knows Ena but the two started dating two years ago. So she can't possibly the reason why Mizuho left home. Since when Mizuho left home, she was 16 and Kanae is just 8 years old. Assuming Kanae now is in high school age 16. So that was 8 years ago.

I can't wait for the next instalment ~ Chapter 4. Reading this manga is like being a detective. You really need to squint your eyes to see every single details drawn on, left as clues to reader to make their own deduction, predicting the outcome of the story. Really interesting! (>,<)

Seira
joined Jun 3, 2013

This manga really got me interested just from the title, dandelion among lilies. I felt that Kanae was the dandelion who suddenly has to live with two lilies (Ena and Mizuho). I thought, wow, a straight girl in a yuri manga, and she's the MC too. I've been waiting forever for the next chapter.

About Ena and Mizuho..Mizuho seemed completely uncomfortable with their situation right from chapter 1, even asking Ena: "my girlfriend, right?" She obviously didn't want people to know about them if she could help it. And Ena was obviously the one who was more attached: she poked Mizuho to introduce her as the girlfriend, she does all the chores, and she dotes on Mizuho. I don't think Mizuho is simply insensitive, I think she's confused. Either she's still confused with her sexuality (if she indeed was gay) or she's not so sure about her feelings for Ena. They must have been really good friends before and when Ena confessed, Mizuho agreed to be with her because she didn't want Ena to feel sad, not realizing the consequences of her actions. Mizuho couldn't just up and leave Ena because of everything Ena has done for her, she could be feeling guilty about "using" Ena despite not having clear feelings for her, which is why she was always saying "sorry". Even their intimacy must have been Mizuho letting Ena do as she pleases because of guilt.

Which got me thinking, maybe Ena is not so normal after all. Perhaps she's doing all these things for Mizuho so Mizuho won't leave her (guilt-tripping, anyone?). She knows Mizuho doesn't feel the same way for her (or maybe just not as much), and Ena can't leave the relationship too because she just too darn head over heels for Mizuho. Or maybe she's not above hurting herself if Mizuho would leave her.

Or maybe Mizuho would end up being the dandelion to Kanae and Ena's Lilies? But that would suck though.

joined Apr 20, 2013

Mizuho, YOU IDIOT! >(

I just knew about that from "Most Popular of Past 7 Days". D= LOL! Thank you! I'm already addicted! n ___n

@chapter 1
I kinda feel the same when I see friends all lovey-dovey with their "g/bF" around me. Here we call that "recalque". In truth, I'm a really forever alone. T ___T' GUH!

To reply you must either login or sign up.