Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

One woman dead, the other paired off with a man really is the perfect lesbian romance.

Last one I've watched is even worse in that regard. BTW, OriginalGengar, you misspelled Les filles du botaniste (sorry to be that person =|).

Read wikipedia, ends with a Shakespearean quote, sounds pretentious as fuck. But it says 2001 and Canada, surely they could have made a better show of it?

I didn't think it was that bad. Then again, I recommended others which are much better than it (Jack & Diane is my personal favorite among 'em)

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 8:36PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

Sugar rush is a tv series from the uk, its 2 season long and is a pretty good watch, its ending feels slightly rushed with the 3rd season being cancelled by the network and all but it is still a very good watch with entertaining characters and a decent ending.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"Ash" and "the Huntress" by Melinda Lo fantasy lesbian romance. Currently halfway through Huntress (the first book), and it's really good. The budding romance between the two girls is really cute to watch. Ash is set in the same world as the other book.

K
joined Jun 5, 2015

You can add 'Kakera: A piece of life' which is a movie made in Japan.

joined Jun 7, 2015

I'm surprised that this topic has gone through 11 pages without a single mention of
Magical Diary. Out of the five (six?) romance-able options, two of them are ladies.

Other translated VNs I found were Anaheim Girl's Love Story and Amaranto.

I'm also not sure where exactly this one would be placed under, but Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle (which can be downloaded here as the official website appears to be down right now) is a game made with RPG Maker, but there's hardly any battles.

joined Mar 25, 2013

You can add 'Kakera: A piece of life' which is a movie made in Japan.

Just watched it, and it's a bad movie. The pacing, the acting, everything. And what's with the end? xD

I guess the music is nice.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 1:22PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What happened in the end telamon?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

One I mentioned earlier but I guess was missed is The Rich Man's Daughter. It's a Filipino drama, the first one ever to feature lesbians. It's still ongoing, with 40 episodes so far. I've only seen bits and pieces but it seems to be filled with drama and angst like a lot of Filipino shows are.

joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm also not sure where exactly this one would be placed under, but Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle

It should definitely go under RPGs, but it probably has more in common with tabletop RPGs than VG RPGs.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is only yuri or have yuri routes?

joined Aug 16, 2014

It's only yuri (at least until I play'd it). Even though MC's supposed to marry a guy.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I know she don't marry that guy, she always end with the person you choose, unless you make the true ending where I think she don't end with anyone, only thing I don't know is if it's only yuri or not.

joined Aug 16, 2014

I have yet to see any "guy route". Even if there are any, I think it's safe to assume it's yuri, "with guy route" or something (which I somehow doubt, from what I gather, the author is a yuri fan).

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 1:50PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

What happened in the end telamon?

Well to start with the 'main' one Haru is really indecisive and at one point it felt like she got raped by her boyfriend (maybe that's just me), Haru gets together with Rika (she met her right at the start of the movie) and for some reason Rika is living with Haru. Anyway, Haru starts behaving weirdly and Rika sees that and suggests some time apart. After there is no interaction between them besides Haru trying to call (showed only once) and Rika ignoring her for whatever reason (I assume she got fed up with her indecisiveness, or she wanted Haru to be the one to go to her this time) and at the end Rika is seen driving her bicycle with a plant, then they show Haru cleaning her apartment a gust of wind blows through the open window as she stands in front of it, the screen goes black and she screams and roll the credits

Long text is long.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:06PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar, I was making a search about Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle on my phone and found this list of VNs on Yurireviews, their VN tag if someone want to see what they say about some yuri VNs, and I didn't find anything if Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is only yuri or not.

And about the list I made, I will update it soon, eventually.....

Thanks telamon. that was pretty retarded, don't looks like a good movie.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:11PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Embric can also be found on TVTropes site.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I was just looking at the TVTropes. Seems like the guy isn't a guy xD And even then it seems like the story hasn't 'happened' yet

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:17PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I know that Kitsune Spirit, but I didn't find anywhere in TV Tropes saying it's only yuri or not, I think it have some het routes, but the main routes seen to be all yuri at least, yeah telamon, in the Deluxe Version of the game canon ending The Duchess was dreaming all along, all the endings are her visions of the future, but according to the demo of A Marquess of Notoriety the ending she'll follow is mostly a combination of Iron Duchess+ with some aspects from the others, but as the sequel was never finished we can't be completely sure if that really is the canon ending, unless the creator finishes the sequel one day, unfortunately it seens unlikely he'll ever finish it, I think he even started another game, so for now the canon ending is that it was all a dream, but you only find that ending in the Deluxe Verison

Found a thread made this year on 4chan and SaintBomber, Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle creator, is still alive but I didn't see he say anything usefull, if someone found a way to ask him about A Marquess of Notoriety or any other game he's making...

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:37PM

joined Apr 19, 2014

I've started watching Person of Interest partially on this thread's recommendation (most of the way through s2, last saw Shaw's intro episode). It's pretty good! It's a lot more episodic and lower-budget than I'm used to, but it's interesting to see something with so many more hours to work with and every episode at least does something interesting with a character dynamic or part of the formula even if it isn't advancing the big plotlines.

Shaw is fun, hopefully she'll join the main team soon so somebody other than Reese can do some of the cool agent stuff and give him a contrast on the job. Plus she ends up with Root right? They had pretty good chemistry in their one scene so far, even if being tased, tied up, and almost tortured with a clothesiron is a pretty weird first date.

Bear is the best though.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The one I read described it as "yuri/shoujo ai", using their trope tag for it.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah I know, but you can't blindly trust TV Tropes, sometimes they have wrong information, specialy if it's something not very popular with small page and little information, if not wrong it's vague or incomplete, so it's good to look in other places to be sure about some of the things they say.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yeah I know, but you can't blindly trust TV Tropes, sometimes they have wrong information, specialy if it's something not very popular with small page and little information, if not wrong it's vague or incomplete, so it's good to look in other places to be sure about some of the things they say.

That is true - I love TV Tropes but like Wikipedia anyone can edit it, so you can't always rely on it.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

There's new lesbian themed movie (woohoo!) called Jenny's Wedding, starring Alexis Bledel (Aw Yeah!) and....... Katherine Heigl (puke) excitement dies

Anyway that's the news. It's probably lame movie but if it could get moderate success maybe more indie comedy drama lesbian movie will be made

joined Mar 25, 2013

I've started watching Person of Interest partially on this thread's recommendation (most of the way through s2, last saw Shaw's intro episode). It's pretty good! It's a lot more episodic and lower-budget than I'm used to, but it's interesting to see something with so many more hours to work with and every episode at least does something interesting with a character dynamic or part of the formula even if it isn't advancing the big plotlines.

Shaw is fun, hopefully she'll join the main team soon so somebody other than Reese can do some of the cool agent stuff and give him a contrast on the job. Plus she ends up with Root right? They had pretty good chemistry in their one scene so far, even if being tased, tied up, and almost tortured with a clothesiron is a pretty weird first date.

Bear is the best though.

Just wait till mid-season 3 and season 4. For me PoI is the best for story, GoT is only for the shock value and is meh.

If you're talking about PoI, I can confirm it is 'yuri'. Late season 3 and season 4 at least the first half of it, because something evil happens, there's a reason for episode 11 of season 4 to be in the number 2 spot of IMDB's best episodes (:

Gengar you should fix, the 'subtle' part of it xD It's rather blatant.

Also Bakuretsu Tenshi

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 4:57AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.