Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I started The Real L Word now and it's basically The L Word set in fake real life. I'm through season one now and there are some couples that are easier to root for than the ones in the original series. More than half the cast is still pretty unlikeable, though.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I think you can add a music videos segment too. There was a good one I saw recommended by someone on some thread I can't remember. It's "Girls like girls" by Hailey something. It's pretty good.

Edit: Ah, it's Hayley Kiyoko.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 11:09AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Almost done with POI season 2, the intro episode for Shaw was brilliantly done, I really like her. She also looks a lot like Berlin from Defiance (at least to me).

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 11:29AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Almost done with POI season 2, the intro episode for Shaw was brilliantly done, I really like her. She also looks a lot like Berlin from Defiance (at least to me).

Wasn't it.. 'steamy'? xD The 'torture' scene I mean. Everytime I watch it it seems like foreplay xD

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Wasn't it.. 'steamy'? xD The 'torture' scene I mean. Everytime I watch it it seems like foreplay xD

Oh definitely... I almost expected them to kiss... but then they got interrupted. lol

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I think you can add a music videos segment too. There was a good one I saw recommended by someone on some thread I can't remember. It's "Girls like girls" by Hailey something. It's pretty good.

I'm totally gonna do that when I decide to do stuff for the list.

joined Mar 25, 2013

If that's the case then add Supercell - Perfect Day as well. As far as I remember the MV was yuri-ish.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

If that's the case then add Supercell - Perfect Day as well. As far as I remember the MV was yuri-ish.

^ I think Satsuki is thinking about "real life" music videos instead of AMV/MMV/MEPs etc. ;)

Ed Sheeran - Give Me Love also has some yuri vibes in it

HER LOVER - Ally & Stevie 100% lesbian MV

and if we are talking about Ally Hills she has 2 great songs :D

How To Know If A Girl Is A Lesbian

COMING OUT - THE OFFICIAL SONG

Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar

Rosenstolz - Liebe ist alles

Kasia Stankiewicz - Schyłek Lata

Will add more later, now I'm going to sleep xD

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 6:08PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

That's a shame, and it's an official video for the song, anime style.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Metallica's version of Whiskey in the jar has yuri? The hell?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I really don't wanna add Rosenstolz.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Theres a music video that I saw years ago. It was some euro-rock that i dont remember the name of. BUT... the video was about these two girls making out in their apartment and the door was cracked open. The singer/dj/whatever lived next door. It focused on the girls mostly. At the end the record the girls were making out to slips and the guy on his way past slips in and puts the needle back and waves as he leaves.
I wish I knew the name cause I'd like to listen/watch it again.

In other news: Shaw is officially my favourite character, especially after 3x05.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 10:38PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Theres a music video that I saw years ago. It was some euro-rock that i dont remember the name of. BUT... the video was about these two girls making out in their apartment and the door was cracked open. The singer/dj/whatever lived next door. It focused on the girls mostly. At the end the record the girls were making out to slips and the guy on his way past slips in and puts the needle back and waves as he leaves.
I wish I knew the name cause I'd like to listen/watch it again.

In other news: Shaw is officially my favourite character, especially after 3x05.

I really want to see what you're gonna say when you watch 4x11 xD Try not to get any spoilers :P It is both the best and worst episode xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Metallica's version of Whiskey in the jar has yuri? The hell?

Just watched it. Not sure I'd consider "drunk chicks make out a bit and trash the place" yuri as such. It's got way too much of a "performing for the male audience" riff for my taste.

I mean what's next, Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl, which stole the title from an actual (and much better) lesbian-oriented song?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Speaking of which.

Adult life NTR Yuri

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 3:42PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The Fleetwood Mac song done by Allie and Stevie was quite steamy and romantic.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sara and Whitney from The Real L World are in season 4 of Couples Therapy for who's interested. Also, Ghostface Killah.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 5:31PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Anybody knows anything about Pretty Little Liars? Doesn't seem too promising yuri wise by what wikipedia had to tell.

PLL is definitely yuri. It probably doesn't seem promising wiki-wise because out of the 4 main characters, 1 of them is lesbian. So you have to deal with 3 het plots amongst the 1 yuri plot. I've watched all of season 1, but wikied the rest and I understand the important bits of all the other seasons from fanfic hah. My sister actually watched all the other seasons. She's currently on season 5 and I watch bits and pieces with her. I personally don't have the patience to watch through 100 eps of drama so that's why I've been skipping around and just reading summaries of the important parts. The "A" mystery is interesting at first, but then after seasons of being mislead, it's meh and I couldn't care less about that anymore.

Main lesbian character: Emily Fields. She has A LOT of romantic interests throughout the seasons (too much in many people's opinion), but the main girls involved are: Alison (first crush and whose disappearance/death is the catalyst for the whole show), Maya (first girlfriend who helps and encourages Emily when Emily was coming out), and Paige (another gf and longest? lasting relationship so far and who Emily helps come out). The other ones seem like flings or don't really last that long. In S6 a girl named Sara comes along, and they just kissed in the latest episode, but no one knows if this is going to be an actual relationship or anything yet.

I think Emily's strongest story was in season 1. It's a classic coming out story and I think they handled it really well. Sure the way she was outed was probably not how most of us came out, but how they wrote Emily's family situation was perfect. It really reflected my own experiences and I was happy to see it on screen. It might not mean a lot to some people, but it meant a lot to me to see that she is Asian-American. It was pretty much the only reason why my interest was peaked in the first place.

How I got into PLL: sees funny gif set, looks up pll, oh there's a lesbian character?, looks up Emily Fields, WTF SHE'S ASIAN, looks up Emily Fields clips, omg this precious cinnamon roll, starts watching.

It meant so much to me to see them actually cast someone who looks Asian to be the lesbian character and actually cast Asian looking parents to portray an Asian-American household. It really means a lot to me that they decided to do this instead of automatically casting a full white cast (even though it it still majority white). It really helped me relate to my experiences so much more.

The sad thing about Emily's story lines is that it pretty much goes downhill in terms of her relationships. Out of the main 4, her relationships get the least amount of screen time and she changes partners the most so her relationships don't have as much depth as the other 3 established relationships. I'm hoping this is because they are going to make Emison (Alison and Emily) endgame, but even on that front, the writers have been shoving it to the side. It's been a full season since their last kiss and after their falling out they treat each other like strangers. Haven't even talked about the kiss they had a season ago.

Other than Emily and her shizz, there are other characters on there that are yuri too, but it's not really a big plot point or anything in terms of yuri.

Pretty much only keeping up with what's going on now because Emily is a precious bb and Alison is a precious bb and I hope they end up being precious bbs together sob

(God this got long)

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 6:41PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

They killed captain crotchblock in rizzoli and isles
:(

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

lol at whatwhat's spoilers.

I squeal a little everytime Root and Shaw flirt. :3

last edited at Jul 17, 2015 4:29PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well when Root flirts and Shaw is all defensive xD Where you at btw?

Also note the change in Shaw's attitude towards her flirting as the episodes progress (:

last edited at Jul 17, 2015 8:15PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

They killed captain crotchblock in rizzoli and isles
:(

Are you talking about Susie? She was Captain Crotchblock? I don't get it.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Also note the change in Shaw's attitude towards her flirting as the episodes progress (:

Or when one rescues the other and then they flirt. I get all fangirly lol.

I'm currently in 3x20

Edit: finished season 3, nearly broke something when Shaw went after Root in the Samaritan building lol.

last edited at Jul 17, 2015 11:50PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Or when one rescues the other and then they flirt. I get all fangirly lol.

I'm currently in 3x20

Edit: finished season 3, nearly broke something when Shaw went after Root in the Samaritan building lol.

Have fun with season 4 it's basically all them xD to a point

joined Jan 21, 2015

Don't read too much into it, she only did it for the mission! She rode all the way to New Jersey on a bicycle in the middle of a blackout for the mission! The mission, damn it!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.