Forum › She, Her Camera and Her Seasons discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The guy is just too full of himself in the first chapters. He likes Akari and acts as if she should obviously like him, because he's the school's heartthrob, even though she doesn't show any interest. The type who doesn't take no as an answer.

And people here don't like that kind of attitude.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

The end is not bad or good. It's quite open, with a timeskip of 7 years. Not necessarily a yuri ending, but at least it's not a het ending.

Personally that sounds like a bad end to me.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:27PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The end is not bad or good. It's quite open, with a timeskip of 7 years. Not necessarily a yuri ending, but at least it's not a het ending.

Yup to me too. Though from the start it didn't look like the sort of series to have a positive yuri ending tbh.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:28PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why do people here hate the guy so much? To be honest, he is the most decent character throughout the series. Always rooting for yuri but considering how much the two girls hurt each other later, I rather have her ending up with him.

With 12 posts I'll guess you are new here? and not been lurking for years with that question. About 70-80% of the stuff here is yuri - at one point DS put up nearly only yuri stuff (though they kinda ended up like that by accident not design i think) then started diversifying more broadly again.

But it is still a major site for yuri fans if you didn't know. Its not so much most people here hate guys - just that they want yuri :) If you compare how much het or even yaoi manga exists to yuri it is still a tiny minority so we don't exactly need more het in our yuri mangas. Thus when it looks promising but then starts going het, yuri fans get upset.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 7:18AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yup to me too. Though from the start it didn't look like the sort of series to have a positive yuri ending tbh.

Not really. I really liked how it started. Guy didn't bother me cos the way he acted felt naturally and it was refreshing. Love triangle isn't a problem either since he likes Akari and it is easy to make her reject him. Even if she is confused about her feelings for Yuki it doesn't automatically mean she has to try going out with a guy to test her feelings. Triangle doesn't really ruin everything by default, rather how it's handled. And yea, even with things like Akari is poor and Yuki might go abroad, it doesn't exclude yuri ending by any means. Even if it will end as open ended "akari still loves yuki, yuki doesn't know" as long as it gives clear chance of them ending up together eventually it's imo win.

That being said, it sucks it won't go clear yuri road, since I really like characters and how it progresses so far.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's a link in here with all the raws. Akari is an elementary school teacher, Rin is a salaryman, they are NOT together. They are just keeping in touch. It just ends with Akari running into the arms of Yuki after 7 years not seeing each other, at a photo exhibition or something. What happens next,if their feeling are mutual or not at last, is left to the imagination. I don't count that ending as much as a bad end than, say, Happy End.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 9:22AM

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

God, 36 chapters and we still reached 1/9 way to there. This will be long..

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

I shouldn't have read the comments xD now I'm all worried :v

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There's a link in here with all the raws. Akari is an elementary school teacher, Rin is a salaryman, they are NOT together. They are just keeping in touch. It just ends with Akari running into the arms of Yuki after 7 years not seeing each other, at a photo exhibition or something. What happens next,if their feeling are mutual or not at last, is left to the imagination. I don't count that ending as much as a bad end than, say, Happy End.

Happy end ended in yuri marriage and nothing I've yet seen has convinced me otherwise.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think this comment is meant for some other manga?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Judging from the first two chapters, I thought we would only get Akari's perspective. But I welcome that the narration also gives Rintarou's and Yuki's thoughts.

On a rather sour sidenote:
I feel that everything about future plot developments should go into spoiler tags.

Even if it's only there being a time-skip, the confirmation of Yuki being manipulative or a rather open ending.

It's been happening rather often recently and I really hesitated to read the comments because I feared there might be untagged spoilers and now I partly blame myself for actually thinking today might be opposite day.

Just bringing it to your attention, no hard feelings.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Nope. She, Her Camera and Her Seasons has 5 volumes. 36 chapters in total.

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

36 chapters in total....Jesus. We are on a bumpy road ahead!!

Also I would love to see Yuki with long hair _

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think BolbyNasution meant that this series has 36 chapters and we are still only 1/9 chapters through it.

It's been happening rather often recently and I really hesitated to read the comments because I feared there might be untagged spoilers and now I partly blame myself for actually thinking today might be opposite day.

Just bringing it to your attention, no hard feelings.

My politic on that is that you can talk about anything that happened so far in manga without spoiler tags, since I assume that everyone who comments already read all chapters available on dynasty-scans. Info from later chapters from other readers or spoilers from raws are definitely a must tag though. That is why I tagged things that aren't said in the manga yet, despite others not doing so, just to be safe. I hate spoilers just like everyone, unless I want to be spoiled.

I read most of the comments before, so I knew how it going to end more or less, but thanks for summing it up anyway. I'll keep reading it for now, but if things ever get too angsty, I at least know I can drop it, since ending like that isn't really worth wasting my time and feels.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 1:35PM

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Too much emotional sweetness overload , I can't stop the yuri smile <3

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

It's just a triangle.

Yuki wants Rintaro. Rintaro wants Akari. Akari wants Yuki.

Just Yuki is very manipulative.

If you want spoilers, read the review on Okazu.

good summary ^ after skimming through all the chapters, if you're expecting a lot of yuri, you're not going to get it. it's very angsty

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 2:30PM

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I'm gonna go ahead and headcanon chapter four as the ending. Good job, guys, great story! Loved the ending! Happily ever after with cute photographer girl! Such a wonderful story. So cute and not angsty in any way. Like, any way. Perfect story. Ten outta ten.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

As soon as I heard the dreaded word "timeskip" I knew this was spiraling downward. What sounds like the future just reveals that 1) Yuki is a shitty person 2) Rintaro is a poor sap stuck in unrequited love and 3) yet another goddam copout timeskip ending to avoid the responsibilities a writer has when creating a story of this sort.

I hope to god that's not what happens.

But then again a lot of people seem to not understand stories that tie up all the plot in a fantastic last-panel ending like, say, Yotsuhara Furiko. So I'll keep my hopes up for now.

I'm gonna go ahead and headcanon chapter four as the ending. Good job, guys, great story! Loved the ending! Happily ever after with cute photographer girl! Such a wonderful story. So cute and not angsty in any way. Like, any way. Perfect story. Ten outta ten.

.... plis .:'(

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

I like this manga so far, but I'm afraid it will end like typical bad-end-cliche-lovetriangle-yuri-manga.

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

The sleeping scene was cute. "Distance" you say lol
And the crying scene caught me off guard, it was emotional, like even if Yuki wanted to manipulate Akari, she was moved by Akari feelings (of gratitude I mean, Yuki probably notice Akari's feelings since she's sharp, but still...)
I like this! I would probably follow this manga lol

last edited at Jul 5, 2015 10:23AM

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

feel so much better after the love triangle tag is removed

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

this manga is more like the real world than i realized initially . and in the real world, there are no bubbly happy ever afters.

Are too. Think about it, half of all marriages end in divorce. That would mean the other half . . . don't. Sure, some of those end up running on inertia, but then some of the divorce ones involved people having a great time for quite a while. I, personally, have been having a pretty dashed bubbly happy ever after for about 20 years now.

Sometimes too much cynicism is actually naive.

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 6:41PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm gonna go ahead and headcanon

Just watch out for recoil, eh?

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

I think BolbyNasution meant that this series has 36 chapters and we are still only 1/9 chapters through it.

Exactly.

Nina Crepaldi
Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

This is good and i like so far, but i feel like some shit will come, love triangles is always fucked up. Don't know what to expect for sure.

To reply you must either login or sign up.