Forum › This too is one form of happiness discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I guess thats a solution to a mortal x immortal pairing...

Bliss.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Interesting twist there

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This was tragic, but sweet in a way. Like even after death, love never dies, or something.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

;_;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This reminds me of the story idea I'd love to see done for Keine x Mokou, where after the former dies, the latter waits for her reincarnation and so they cycle through again and again. After all, Mokou literally has all the time in the world, and having that to look forward to would keep her sane in the between times.

As to this story, I guess Reimu worked out a deal with the Yama and Yuyuko to allow their annual returns in a Dragonball Z kinda way.

joined Sep 8, 2014

This story is very good combine with tragic and happiness / bitter and sweet. But I think that may be other solution for Marisa x Alice in more bright way including Marisa might become youkai magician in the future (reference from PMISS in Marisa profile) or she success to find way to get immortality or life-extension technique (Marisa expressed interest in immortality and eternal youth several times in canon work).

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 12:53AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

sneaky, its all good and then...the feels...when she picked up that scarf, yeah...
Still good story excellent build

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What happened here?

71178170e95cf68bb6d8aa5a34b2b01a
joined Jun 4, 2014

What happened here?

Basically, every human character in the Touhou series died of old age. But, I think Eiki and Yuyuko somehow gave them an opportunity to come back as ghosts(much like in Dragonball Z) but for one day each year.

I think many got the hint when the Hakurei Shrine Maiden appeared asking Miss Marisa about the Previous Hakurei Shrine Maiden. But damn the feels though ;_;

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 3:49AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Obon has gone to Gensokyo and got real.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

In my head-canon, Marisa eventually becomes a youkai magician and lives for the next few centuries with Alice. Marisa can't just die ;_;

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

This reminds me of the story idea I'd love to see done for Keine x Mokou, where after the former dies, the latter waits for her reincarnation and so they cycle through again and again. After all, Mokou literally has all the time in the world, and having that to look forward to would keep her sane in the between times.

As to this story, I guess Reimu worked out a deal with the Yama and Yuyuko to allow their annual returns in a Dragonball Z kinda way.

Totally. Keine x Mouko is my favorite Touhou pairing so I'd really like it if I wasn't reminded that Keine isn't immortal all the time ;-;

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Yeah. It helps with all the tragic undertones to them. Surprising it came from a rather stable and tragedy-less pairing like this one. A year is a long time. But at least it is a time. And for someone like Mokou, she can pass away the time with teasing Kaguya and whatnot.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Oh, look, another "Marisa dies and Alice is sad" story. Sure will be a doozy when Marisa finishes her immortality potion. Or becomes a youkai - whatever comes first.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, look, another "Marisa dies and Alice is sad" story. Sure will be a doozy when Marisa finishes her immortality potion. Or becomes a youkai - whatever comes first.

It's funny that Marisa's immortality/long life potion rarely comes up in these stories. Hell, in MariAli, Alice was the one searching for it.

Yuna
joined Jun 19, 2015

That's been done, look up One Way Love Letter on this site.

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

As Thiron said, this is just like the obon festival, just in Incident form (since Marisa refers to it as being an incident and in Japanese you get the feeling it occurs at the same date every year).
So, every single year that occurs and the current Hakurei gives it a free pass and let's the spirits wonder about.

What caused it is unknown, but I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that MariAli is too strong to be bound by mere inconveniences such as death.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Regarding Marisa becoming a Magician, I'm of the opinion that Magicians are not different to animal youkai like nekomata (youkai cats), tanuki (youkai raccoons) or kyuubi (youkai foxes). We are animals too after all, and perhaps a magician is just a youkai human.

fuwafuwataimu
1397387912948-e
joined Jul 8, 2014

I don't know if it's the original or the translation but damn that dialogue is bad. So unnatural and robotic.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I don't know if it's the original or the translation but damn that dialogue is bad. So unnatural and robotic.

What's so bad about it?

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Oh, sh*t, more mortalximmortal pairing where the mortal died first. Somehow, they always get me.

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

I was all like 'yaay! Happy lighthearted doujin!' And then I got to the end and I'm crie ;-;

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

In my head-canon, Marisa eventually becomes a youkai magician and lives for the next few centuries with Alice. Marisa can't just die ;_;

Yup mine too ;-;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I was all like 'yaay! Happy lighthearted doujin!' And then I got to the end and I'm crie ;-;

I agree with this. Being determined to live and die as a human is Sakuya's shtick, not Marisa's. She's shown interest in immortality before, and is perfectly happy doing unreasonable things so I can see her going down a similar path to Patchouli's, except with more mushrooms.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

so I can see her going down a similar path to Patchouli's, except with more mushrooms.
except with more mushrooms.
more mushrooms.

More mushroom

To reply you must either login or sign up.