Forum › Posts by Feng_Huolong

Feng_Huolong
Miracle discussion 16 Oct 13:34
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Of course, that scene itself may simply be a dream in the present, reflecting Alice's present insecurities. The fact that the Butterfly's Dream pills are highlighted early on suggests ambiguity as to whether anything that follows is real or not. It may be that the "present" is where she's created a Marisa doll and the other scenes are distant memories, but it equally may be that the "present" is where Alice is worried about various scenarios relating to loving Marisa and her worries are reflected in the dream.

Well, according to Mitsunara, they are small anecdotes that he'd be happy if the readers considered them to be one complete story. According to him he also expected people to be able to tell they were short stories even if he didn't add titles to them but he was still worried people wouldn't get it.

Taking into consideration he wanted it to be a big story, let's all just assume those were Alice's dreams, and the last story is actually the present and the follow up to her telling Marisa about her worries.

Feng_Huolong
Miracle discussion 16 Oct 12:43
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Yeah, this a bunch of unrelated stories, which kinda confused me as well as I was translating it.

For those who are confused about the story starting at page 26, like people have pointed out, it really is suggested that it's not the real Marisa but a doll probably created to replace her (one can guess Marisa has passed away).

In page 26, she says 'you were always kind to me since the start', which goes against what Marisa says before in one of the previous shorts about Alice being the kind of person who would use her. So, we can assume that if she did transfer Marisa's soul to the doll, that she has no memories of who she used to be. Either that, or even sadder, that's only a sentient doll whose only connection with Marisa was having her name and being treated as if she was her.

That aside, I messed up on the translation of a particular bit on page 28.
It should be: "You always told me everything, but there was only one thing you wouldn't tell me till the end". My apologies for that, I shall atone for that by translating more MariAli doujinshi :'D
I'll contact the mods to please change the page to the fixed version once I have it.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 12:44PM

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Marisa: I guess we have different points of view.
Alice: I guess so.
But that's why we're partners after all, right?

Pretty much sums up their relationship.

Yeah, I decided to pick this doujinshi because of how canonly accurate it portrayed their relationship.
(And... I suppose it was also because of the part they throw insults at each other, they were amazingly colorful for people speaking in Japanese. Lot's of leeway to get creative and still be accurate.)

This was by far the most entertaining doujinshi I ever translated.
And thanks, guys, for liking the credits page.

(And thank you mods for the MariAli tag, that made me smile xD)

last edited at Jan 29, 2016 5:16PM

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Yay! It's translated in Christmas time. Thank you and merry christmas!

That was the plan but... got a bit delayed due to Photoshop misbehaving.
Thanks! Hope you had a merry christmas as well c:

Is this an older piece? The art really shows it.

Yeah, the art leads me to believe that it is. The doujinshi itself only has the month and day, no year indication anywhere. The RAW I used was uploaded in 2014, but I'm guessing this is older than that.

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

This doujinshi was pure gold, gotta love how the magicians interact. I'd love to see more doujinshi with the three of them.

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

I don't know if it's the original or the translation but damn that dialogue is bad. So unnatural and robotic.

There are some attempts at sounding deep and poetic by the author (when it comes to some of Alice's lines). They're hard to translated without butchering the purpose of the sentence.

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

This reminds me of the story idea I'd love to see done for Keine x Mokou, where after the former dies, the latter waits for her reincarnation and so they cycle through again and again. After all, Mokou literally has all the time in the world, and having that to look forward to would keep her sane in the between times.

As to this story, I guess Reimu worked out a deal with the Yama and Yuyuko to allow their annual returns in a Dragonball Z kinda way.

As Thiron said, this is just like the obon festival, just in Incident form (since Marisa refers to it as being an incident and in Japanese you get the feeling it occurs at the same date every year).
So, every single year that occurs and the current Hakurei gives it a free pass and let's the spirits wonder about.

What caused it is unknown, but I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that MariAli is too strong to be bound by mere inconveniences such as death.

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Terribly, terribly late to reply to this, I'm so sorry!
I've checked the translation and it was pretty well done. (Though, it probably comes as no help 5 months later...)

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 11:31PM

Feng_Huolong
June Brider discussion 09 Jun 23:05
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

An embarrased Miyako spotted. That's way beyond cute.

^This. A flustered Miyako is one of those sights that only happen once in a blue moon.
Damn, I love these dorks ;___; It's a shame there aren't a lot of doujinshi with this pairing.

Feng_Huolong
MariAli discussion 09 Jun 22:16
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Re-reading this and bowling my eyes at the last chapter. (I wonder why I do this to myself).

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Thanks for your efforts :) I've lots of untranslated MariAli doujinshis. If you want to translate any of them,I can send you a link for it.

Ooh, please do :) I only seem to find untranslated ReiMari ones for some reason.

ReiMari is one of the places I don't go.
Other than that and some other things, I'm game for new side project almost any time.
I need to work consistently on my main projects, which I don't, so maybe I'm not the most reliable collaborator.

Ah nah, I plan on doing that by myself, it's a gift for a friend after all and I promised I would translate it for her... eventually xD And welp, it's from Poprication and I'm a sucker for their artwork.
I very much prefer MariAli though, OTP is OTP.

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 7:56PM

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Poke me if there are any relevant, untranslated MariAli doujinshi I don't know of and I'll do my best to translate them.

Hmmm... Well, I pretty much do bargain-basement typesetting, so if I find a gem that happens to be untranslated, I may ask for your help with it.

Yes please. Specially because typesetting is the reason why I don't translate much. I have a ReiMari doujinshi semi-translated, haven't finished it yet because I keep thinking I'll have to clean and typeset everything, ugh.
I will finish it though, eventually.

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

GRATS GRATS GRATS!

(Yes, I recycle jokes whenever I bloody well feel like it.)

Good job, and welcome to the party!

Party, huh? Sounds exclusive. Do you guys have chocolate cookies there? xD

Also, I totally had this translated a while ago but decided to upload it during Christmas eve, sorry for the wait but Xmas MariAli is the best MariAli.

And thank you for the feedback, guys. It means a lot ^^
Poke me if there are any relevant, untranslated MariAli doujinshi I don't know of and I'll do my best to translate them.

last edited at Dec 28, 2014 9:06PM

Feng_Huolong
Image Comments 17 Dec 23:01
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Woah, that was fast!
Got it. Thank you for answering my question :)

Feng_Huolong
Image Comments 17 Dec 22:36
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Yep, that'd be the complete version. Sankyuu!
Alrighty then, time to be useful and get translating.
(I have no idea how to upload translated works on this website though :| I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the upload request but how does that even work?)

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 10:38PM

Feng_Huolong
Image Comments 15 Dec 23:43
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

What's the name of this doujinshi? Mayhaps I can help with the translation thing.

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Goddamnit, Reimu!

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

That Alice in that suit. :o

yeah, with that get-up she's dangerous

I went "woah" when I say her in that get up. fans self

Feng_Huolong
Snow Light discussion 12 Nov 00:09
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

I can't get enough of this art style. <3

Feng_Huolong
Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

From what I could gather, only the previews for the last part are available.
Don't ask me why there are previews, but there's 4 of them in melonbooks but not the complete chapter. Last preview is on year old so... maybe we'll get it next year?