Forum › Stretch discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Yeah, I caught that trope, which is why I figured she was drunk (Didn't really know if she actually was).

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

That's . . . different.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

My family always made me kill cockroaches, guess they made me cuz my way of finding them disgusting is through annoyance and desire to kill them. So I go into hunter-mode whenever they put me on the spot, and goddam I hate it when they go under the furniture cuz I get a bit... obsessed... and cannot let it end there, so I just wait ready to kill it...

But if one of those bitches start to erratically fly around I am like "Fuck that shit!!! I'm out!".

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 11:48PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

This chapter us toying with my emotions

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm a bit surprised nobody has twigged to the fact that the drunk salaryman coming home with sushi leftovers for his wife is a common thing in manga, and presumably sitcoms and such as well. Keiko's appearance on the first page is pulling that exact same act, and is surprised when Ran doesn't play along with the gag.

In the original, Keiko says "Ran-Chan, omiyage da yo~". Basically, she's bringing a gift back home, so I don't think it's leftovers.

But the reversal is nice anyway. Usually, the tsukommi is Keiko when Ran boke goofs around.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is curious how Ran looks older than Keiko here.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ran gets a slight blush when Keiko gets close to her running from the roach.

Yaaaaay! Even if it was only a teeny bit gay.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

What did Keiko said in the original for "Ran baby". Did they use the English "baby" as well.

Well, well, this couple not only engaged, married, but also passed the honeymoon period!!!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

What did Keiko said in the original for "Ran baby". Did they use the English "baby" as well.

No, she said Ran-chaaan. At the end she said Ran-sama for Miss Ran.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

That censorship, flying d?

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh that is actually rather illuminating for me in that i get the meaning of "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss Ran". The former accentuates Keiko's fangirl mode, haha.

Same for "Ran-chaaan" - it now gives me the sense that Keiko was being clingy/attention-seeking, rather than a "heeeey baby" vibe.

(Note: I'm not complaining about the translation because i don't understand a lick of Japanese. In fact, I'm really appreciative of the effort to get the chapters out to us so quickly) But one suggestion I have is that perhaps the translator(s) could consider retaining some of these 'flavours' in the translation in future? I suppose it's not easy to decide what aspects to retain or localise so i leave it in the capable hands of the translator(s), it's just something I'd like to have if possible.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Just goes to show how far they've progressed in their "relationship" as "friends". They're comfortable enough to show other sides of their personality as opposed to the usual. Ran's serious mode was quite alluring, hm.

3e3c2473d2b402178fb48198c09b60c5
joined Aug 31, 2014

I don't understand why Ran got angry. Keiko was being the perfect waifu! D:

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't understand why Ran got angry. Keiko was being the perfect waifu! D:

Ran like a Keiko spanking her better than one who beg for attention

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

coming home late and drunk of course Ran gonna get angry!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Playful drunk Keiko.
Angry serious glasses Ran.
That blush when Keiko cling on Ran.
Ran slapping the roach and smashing it with a paper.
Ran-sama!!

Good chapter, really good chapter!!
And they're absolutly a married couple by now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You've never seen a manga censor cockroaches? It seems to happen a lot, not really sure why other than the grossness factor. Or maybe that's the joke, it's this heinous, awful thing and it gets censored in the same way ridiculously awful cooking or similar things are.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh that is actually rather illuminating for me in that i get the meaning of "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss Ran". The former accentuates Keiko's fangirl mode, haha.

Same for "Ran-chaaan" - it now gives me the sense that Keiko was being clingy/attention-seeking, rather than a "heeeey baby" vibe.

Same here. The translation is a bit off for some little things like the honorifics. Like it tries to cater to a larger audience, that doesn't know the subtetly behind chan and sama. But I guess we're not your average reader, even though it's a scanlation.

Still I appreciate the speed of boon scanlations and I give him/her/them many thanks.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 12:09PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

C**kroach!

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I feel like such a minority in this... Is it even fair to call one guy a minority? An aberration better?

Oh you are most certainly an aberration.

Even I liked Ran with glasses and I usually hate glasses.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 9:13PM

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

C**kroach!

A flying c**k?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

He just didn't want to draw a detailed cockroach.

joined Jan 17, 2014

Ran, wtf am i reading ?? did she just holding her lust to food or she did something bad that she dont want Keiko know ??, did she become whole new cool person or she just so scare of the c**roach that she couldnt change expression and overkill it with instinsc ?? D:

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

"Sama" is the more formal and politer version of "san", and it is used to address a person with a higher status and when you need to be very polite. "San" is similar to "Mr, Mrs,and Ms" in English and is often translated to that, but there's no similar way to address "sama" in english. Translating honorifics is pretty difficult since it is not the same in every language, what translators can do is to find the one with the closest meaning to the language they are translating it to, or sometimes not translate it at all if they can't find anything close to its meaning. That is why most of the times it does not really deliver the meaning, nuance or feeling of a particular word that well (if my sentence makes any sense). So, you're not wrong if you get the meaning "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss-Ran".Sorry for the long post. Do correct me if I'm wrong >.<...

When I read the "Ran~chan" , it gives me the "honey/baby I'm home...I got you something" vibe xD

Anyway, In this chapter they really look more like a married couple with Ran as the husband, I mean look at how comfortable they are with each other! And I feel really bad for the roach. Ran beat it up real good....

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I swear I could hear the laugh track every second panel

To reply you must either login or sign up.