Forum › Her World discussion

joined Mar 30, 2012

No offense, the -curtain- misspelling on c03p12 really pulled me out of my immersion. I tend to get bothered more when the mistakes are in thoughts than actual speech bubbles. It's also easier to notice them when text is hyphened up to fit the bubbles because I can't just glance over them to auto-form words in my head, have to piece the first part with the next.

Anyways, we've finally broken out of the angst! This is a good ride.

last edited at May 21, 2013 3:23AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Letting you know, chapter 3 has been revise, correcting both errors pointed out by readers. Also the translation in panel three of page 92 has been clarified.

Don't like "story within a story" stories, its really putting a dampener on this for me

I actually think this particular story in a story really parallels the main one and enhances (my) understanding of the main plot.

I won't comment on that, but I personally think that this story in a story really does add to the main story.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Your are very welcome. I hope I am able to continue doing this for some time.

Page 12: instead of 'certain' it spells 'curtain'. XD

page 97: "what I am able do". I think the sentence is either "What I am able to do" or "What I am able to". it sounds weird.

Ah, the perils of doing my own proof reading. I've been warned. It should be "What I am able to do." I'll either get a revision up at some point, or include corrected pages in the 4th chapter.

Either way, if there are some misspellings, I still appreciate your work. Thank you very much. :) By the way, is chapter 4 the last chapter?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Either way, if there are some misspellings, I still appreciate your work. Thank you very much. :) By the way, is chapter 4 the last chapter?

Yes, Chapter 4 is the final chapter of Her World.

When I took achievement tests back in school, I was several grade levels lower in spelling than anything else. I'll have to keep working at it.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Thanks for the latest chapter! I don't really like the main character/Hakamada's tendency to get a bit too melodramatic/introspective/depressive sometimes, but Hikawa managed to be really cute somehow. This ultimately did end up quite an enjoyable story.

One thing I'm still wondering about though is what really did happen regarding Hikawa's feelings for her sensei. Did she just give up? Since she didn't really give Natsuki a straight answer I'm wondering if their relationship has really been resolved.

Incidentally, I think posts in this thread have probably made too big a deal about the spelling thing...while of course it's important to care about correct use of language, a couple typos/misspellings here and there is not really beyond even the best of scanlating teams.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

One vote for continuing The Last Uniform Vol 3 ^__^

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Thanks for working so hard on this Fly by Yuri ^-^ it was a very enjoyable read. :D

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Incidentally, I think posts in this thread have probably made too big a deal about the spelling thing...while of course it's important to care about correct use of language, a couple typos/misspellings here and there is not really beyond even the best of scanlating teams.

...Seriously now.

Weird series, but managed to be quite concise for a Hakamada Mera work. Great work on the scanlation!

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

One thing I'm still wondering about though is what really did happen regarding Hikawa's feelings for her sensei. Did she just give up? Since she didn't really give Natsuki a straight answer I'm wondering if their relationship has really been resolved.

It seems that Hakamada-sensei left this one up to the reader. My own thoughts go in two directions.

One: Not seeing any chance with Yoneya, Hikawa found herself falling for Natsuki, who clearly liked her writing and showed Hikawa some attention and kindness (until you know) and then became obsessed with Hikawa.

Or two: Perhaps Hikawa's feelings toward Yoneya were more admiration and appreciation, which Natsuki mistook for love.

These are only guesses and I'm sure there are other possibilities.

Edit: If there are spelling errors, omitted words, etc. I'd just as soon know about them so that I can correct them and/or avoid them in the future. Now that I am an uploader, I can fix it as soon as I see it pointed out. Since I am doing my own proofreading, it is fairly easy to overlook something.

Edit two: Of course that could also be handled with an e-mail if preferred. My e-mail is posted in the credits and on this reader.

last edited at Jun 30, 2013 9:40PM

Anime-girl_011
joined Apr 19, 2013

The story line is becoming very interesting O.o can't wait to see what the next chapter has in store for us :)
thank you for all the hard work and time you have put into this ^-^

@sunshine:this is pretty off-topic but I REALLY can't help but mention this, but is your profile pic rizzoli and isles O.o?

11037762_810749925626889_3993480889423058745_n
joined Mar 30, 2012

The story line is becoming very interesting O.o can't wait to see what the next chapter has in store for us :)
thank you for all the hard work and time you have put into this ^-^

@sunshine:this is pretty off-topic but I REALLY can't help but mention this, but is your profile pic rizzoli and isles O.o?

Sunshine's profile picture is from Psycho-Pass.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 142
"and being in love her, are my world" I think is being in love with her, right?

joined Mar 30, 2012

Sofar this is shaping up to be one of Hakamadas better stories, altough as she's usualy bad at endings i feel like i shouldn't judge it yet. But I still have to say that I quite like the simpleness of her art.

You were right. That ending felt incomplete.

last edited at Jul 1, 2013 3:14AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i'm always interested in mera's works, but i see not too many people thinks like this

DigitalCooper
06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

Hmmm.. Why do I get the feeling that it has an extra?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

pg 142
"and being in love her, are my world" I think is being in love with her, right?

This was split across both boxes "Her world, and being in love with her, are my world." Grammar is not my strong point, but I think the "are" refers to the two preceding clauses. Perhaps I should have reversed the clause order, then it would be clear.

edit: I clarified it and updated it. box 1: "Both her world," box 2: "and being in love with her are my world."
I clearly shouldn't do it this way very often, or there will be a bunch of versions floating around. In the future, unless it's a simple error, if things like this show up, I'll save them up for a revision once no more are likely to turn up.

Hmmm.. Why do I get the feeling that it has an extra?

That would be nice, perhaps there is something posted at the Comic Ryu web site (chapter 4 was a web comic).

One vote for continuing The Last Uniform Vol 3 ^__^

With low voter turnout and most reader not realizing that there was an election, perhaps one vote is enough. It would be nice to get one or two more votes before deciding to do it. Still, I've read some of it in Japanese, and it looks very interesting, so I want to do it anyway or I wouldn't have brought it up. It sure seems like Seven Seas will never do it after losing money on the first two volumes. Apparently, they never even licensed the third volume.

By the way, I never even new the American release existed until recently, or I would certainly have done my part to put it in the black.

last edited at Jul 1, 2013 6:02AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It would be nice to get one or two more votes before deciding to do it.

Then consider this another one.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It would be nice to get one or two more votes before deciding to do it.

And another one

joined May 10, 2013

i would be happy to read any Yuri* manga as long as it doesn't involve M**

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Ch4 P127, upper-right panel: The two hiraganas means only "plop", not an SFX of spacing out.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I'll take that as three more votes, so I'll definitely plan on doing The Last Uniform vol. 3. I will plan on doing it after Romance Girls File, though I might move one or two chapters forward in my schedule at some point. Also, I continue to reserve the right to squeeze in a one shot or two, if something really catches my eye.

Of course I'll be moving the Morinage Milk story to the front of my schedule just as soon as I get my hands on it. (Probably early to mid August.)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ch4 P127, upper-right panel: The two hiraganas means only "plop", not an SFX of spacing out.

Ah... I see; that is a single column of three characters with wide spacing rather than two separate sound effects. Thanks for pointing that out.

last edited at Jul 1, 2013 9:14AM

joined May 9, 2013

it's not clearly at all, gosh, so confused T^T i hate open ending T^T

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

it's not clearly at all, gosh, so confused T^T i hate open ending T^T

It was a one side love... What can she do? she had a nice summer memory out of it and a broken heart.... Oh the youth.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i too vote for the last uniform, just in case it wasn't clear

To reply you must either login or sign up.