Forum › Citrus discussion

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Most people refer to the plot as "compelling" or "interesting" but rarely call it good writing.

Really? I always see people say the exact opposite so I'm a little suprised. Where did you get those impressions, Japan or outside of Japan?

Maybe "compelling" is the right word, since we are still reading it, after all. I'm in a love-hate relationship with it. I never seem to resiste the urge to read the new chapters =x

last edited at May 27, 2015 4:57PM

joined May 26, 2015

Most people refer to the plot as "compelling" or "interesting" but rarely call it good writing.

Really? I always see people say the exact opposite so I'm a little suprised. Where did you get those impressions, Japan or outside of Japan?

A mix of reviews and forum posts from here, Japan, and people I personally know who are also reading it. Are you saying the people you've heard from say it's "not compelling" but that it is "good writing"?? Or are you saying that superfans act like it can do no wrong?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A mix of reviews and forum posts from here, Japan, and people I personally know who are also reading it. Are you saying the people you've heard from say it's "not compelling" but that it is "good writing"?? Or are you saying that superfans act like it can do no wrong?

Ah no, I meant most people I saw say it's really repetitive. I guess that's just the places I read at, then.

Maybe "compelling" is the right word, since we are still reading it, after all. I'm in a love-hate relationship with it. I never seem to resiste the urge to read the new chapters =x

I guess compelling does kinda fit. I just think it's the fun kind of trash. I already know that it's not gonna end like I want it to so all the melodrama is actually pretty fun.

joined Mar 23, 2013

dealing with quite possibly the most popular not-shoujo series of all time, so all precedents are out the window.

Ftfy.

Citrus is basically shoujo trainwreck with qt girls.

"Dumb and naive" happy go lucky MC? Check
Love Triangle? Check
Dark Haired love interest with a "bad" attitude? Check
Out of the blue kisses iniation galore? Check
Bitches and blackmail? Check

I assume that a lot of women read yuri, gay or straight, and that quite a few of them like these nonsensical love trains that are quite popular in shoujo, why would they not like this?

To sell well one must know and give what their audience want and Citrus does it.

Now if you guys want more quality Saburouta work then there's this : https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109294

heh

last edited at May 27, 2015 5:30PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Now if you guys want more quality Saburouta work then there's this : https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109294

heh

Aside from Citrus and that one one shot from Wildrose, pretty much the only things she's written are actually those kinds of things. She was just the artist in the series you linked.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Aside from Citrus and that one one shot from Wildrose, pretty much the only things she's written are actually those kinds of things. She was just the artist in the series you linked.

I know, I just linked the other one even though she's only the artist because people here would be rustled more because harem y'know?

Let me have my fun :( .

joined May 26, 2015

Don't be a het troll in a yuri forum, please

joined Aug 16, 2014

Wait, so she wrote SxM smut before? Maybe we can really hope for some spanking session, then? Mei surely deserves one.

Don't be a het troll in a yuri forum, please

I may be seriously in the wrong here, but I don't think Dynasty's a yuri forum.

last edited at May 27, 2015 5:57PM

joined May 26, 2015

Okay, a yuri thread then

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Isn't Dynastly more yuri than anything else?????

O.o

joined Aug 16, 2014

^
My point was that it's not exclusively for yuri (i.e. "a yuri forum"). Again, I may be seriously wrong.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I know, I just linked the other one even though she's only the artist because people here would be rustled more because harem y'know?

Let me have my fun :( .

I didn't say anything, then. It doesn't say harem in the tags by the way but the synopsis sure sounded like one.

Isn't Dynastly more yuri than anything else?????

O.o

Yeah, but there's still a lot of anything else going on here.

joined May 26, 2015

Again, it IS a yuri thread though, is it not?

joined Mar 23, 2013

Again, it IS a yuri thread though, is it not?

It is a Citrus thread before it is a yuri thread, and likewise for Saburouta.

joined May 26, 2015

Moving on...

Does anyone think we'll see more of Amemiya in some sort of vengeance/blackmail twist? I rather hope not, just speculating. And what of the chairman, will we see any more of him? As it stands, it's like Saburouta wrote the men out pretty quickly, and that's probably for the best.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^
My point was that it's not exclusively for yuri (i.e. "a yuri forum"). Again, I may be seriously wrong.

You are not wrong. Dynasty is full of yuri, but there's no exclusivity going on, and certainly the people who run the site don't think of it that way.

joined May 26, 2015

Argh, I put entirely too much thought into that Citrus "social RPG" idea, and now it's so vivid in my head that I really want to play something like that. Maybe it's time for another run as the female MC on Persona 3 Portable...

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh...since I only looked for yuri and wtf am I reading tags..along with creep , well yes you know how it goes, does it have yaoi too? I put that on my blacklist but I don't even know how it works xD

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

does it have yaoi too?

Sure does

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Well, I already read chapter 16 and now I'm gonna feel really, really smug, cross my arms, smirk and say this: I told you! I told you guys right when she first appeared that Sara is gonna end up having exactly THAT role! Ha! And that's one in the face of everyone, who told me I was wrong back then! :D That is all.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I still never got anyone else's opinion on Citrus' speculated length... Thoughts?

I'll bet on some 8-10 volumes. If it's not cut short, of course.

I hope it won't get silly lengthy just cos it's popular... it is? I dunno how is it selling in Japan. But I hope it's no more than 8 volumes... I kinda wanted to buy it when the whole thing was done,as a birthday gift to myself ¬¬

If it gets even past 5 volumes, wow, that would be a miracle. Most yuri runs don't even last more than 2-3 volumes, and sometimes, they do not reach completion.

@Chapter 15
Wondrous work and another neat chapter into the bargain! I kind of think that chapters 14-16 are meant to be read back to back, unlike with Matsuri's arc where the story was unfolded with the right amount of suspense in each portion. Thus, with the lengthy downtimes, the pacing is pretty thin and it just feels like you are getting piecemeal for the time value per wait. Eagerly anticipating chapter 16 for sure!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

About Chapter 16, there is always the possibility that when (or if?) these two get together manga ends here, however it would be a nice surprise to watch it expanding more after it too. I have some hopes, because in the new chapter, Harumin's sister will apparently be teaching in their school. She seems strict and already has her eyes on Yuzu.

Maybe if Yuzu and Mei start dating, we could be facing the next step of their relationship; being accepted by society and their school. There is still LOT more to this, rather than just started dating and then everything's fine. Life after relationship is longer than the first steps.
Remember, they are still step sisters and them dating would be a huge mess (most probably) by their parents, and i think especially Mei's grandfather.
Honestly, it even could take the turn where he tries to force her into marring an (older) man or he disowes her from everything (a darker twist, i wouldn't mind seeing, cause hey those things happen too).
Plus we haven't seen their parents much either. There are still so many possibilities, but of course that depends on the author. I think Saburuta could keep some of the old characters and start working with them, instead of keeping them for 3 chapters and then all over again. Side characters like Harumin, Matsuri, the twins and Granpa are interesting enough already and they could help expanding on the story if the author works with them too. Could make the manga much longer too :D

last edited at May 28, 2015 10:06AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Well, I already read chapter 16 and now I'm gonna feel really, really smug, cross my arms, smirk and say this: I told you! I told you guys right when she first appeared that Sara is gonna end up having exactly THAT role! Ha! And that's one in the face of everyone, who told me I was wrong back then! :D That is all.

Where is this post you speak of so that I may read this, "told you so"??

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Remember, they are still step sisters

Does anybody even care about that anymore? I thought that was resolved after like the first two chapters.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Remember, they are still step sisters

Does anybody even care about that anymore? I thought that was resolved after like the first two chapters.

I wasn't reffering to the readers, rather than the character on the manga.
I think if they seriusly started dating, their parents would eventually find out. And there would definetely be some drama there, especially from Mei's grandpa.
Plus it's Japan, when relationships like this are not (mostly) welcomed. I am talking about storyline expanding.

To reply you must either login or sign up.