Does Halniya get her voice back from Aysha stabbing the prince, watching the stabbing, or because she struck a better deal with the witch? And does Aysha ever get her voice back by recognizing Halniya's reciprocation of her love, or no? Do they turn into foam at the end? I don't quite know how to interpret those bits and details
Halniya never lost her voice in the first place, she struck a different deal with the witch.
On pg59 you can see in the second panel that their feet start growing scales and then between the third and fourth panels their ears change from human ears to their mermaid ones while Aysha whispers something to Halniya which makes her laugh. So yes, they turn back into mermaids and Aysha has her voice back.
Personally I choose to believe Aysha told her that she loved her.
Yeah, Aysha's voice returns and that's when she finally can tell Halniya that she loves her, as twisted as she is. Lmao. Just also to add, at the end panel there is no foam, just the indication that something has submerged.
Anyway I loved the dark twist, after all The Little Mermaid originally wasn't the fluffiest story, so a dark yet happy ending is fitting. I respect the way this author went with it, veryyyy goood.
last edited at Oct 1, 2026 7:50PM