Forum › Sleeping Through the Rain discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

So I understand that authors put placeholder names for the university like "University H" presumably to avoid misrepresenting the university, among other reasons; and I'm sure there's works out there that put the university the author went to. What I wonder is if there's any manhua out there that explicitly name a university they have a vendetta against to misrepresent them. Like "damn University G didn't accept me, I'm going to portray you nastily in my manhua!" or something. Like Dante's Inferno-type callout except not Italian, not about hell, and not really like it at all except that one aspect now that I think about it.

last edited at May 4, 2026 8:37PM

Chinchilla
joined Apr 28, 2022

Man Chang Le is so my type. Again why did I have have cute girls confessing their love to me back in High School!? Probably because I was the only open gay girl in a school full of rednecks and future methheads in Florida smh.

If I would have seen her I probably would have just turned around and left tbh. My embarrassment levels would have been through the roof. I bet they never talked again after she confessed and since they split after the first year she probably almost never saw her again either. Other girl didn't really do anything wrong she was polite in turning her down gonna be interesting to see if she's "changed her mind on dating a girl" as she put it.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So I understand that authors put placeholder names for the university like "University H" presumably to avoid misrepresenting the university, among other reasons; and I'm sure there's works out there that put the university the author went to. What I wonder is if there's any manhua out there that explicitly name a university they have a vendetta against to misrepresent them. Like "damn University G didn't accept me, I'm going to portray you nastily in my manhua!" or something. Like Dante's Inferno-type callout except not Italian, not about hell, and not really like it at all except that one aspect now that I think about it.

In reality isn't it just cuz there's a billion universities across the country, and most of the irl ones are gonna be named for the city they're located in? And if you don't plan to set your story in that city explicitly, it's probably easier to just use a basic name like H university.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Anyways, love seeing the party cousin lol, I hope she gets a girlfriend too that can match her energy. I always love a college romance

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I wonder if that QR Code leads anywhere

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Oh, it's the author of Straight Girl Trap. Funny coincidence, I read it exactly one year ago.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh, it's the author of Straight Girl Trap. Funny coincidence, I read it exactly one year ago.

Oh, no kidding. I saw Chang Xi and instantly thought she looked like Lele from Straight Girl Trap. When she jumped Change Le, at least.

amshepherd Uploader
Shepherd's Lost and Found
joined Mar 6, 2023

Oh, it's the author of Straight Girl Trap. Funny coincidence, I read it exactly one year ago.

Oh, no kidding. I saw Chang Xi and instantly thought she looked like Lele from Straight Girl Trap. When she jumped Change Le, at least.

Same author, different artist

Azraelle Kindori
R_u0rtlk_400x400
joined Mar 29, 2025

Yummers, BE yuri!

Chinchilla
joined Apr 28, 2022

Girl is out here trying to give literally any excuse for her heart racing other than the actual fact that she's seeing the only person she ever confessed to again after three years. Chang Xi might just be a delusional queen.

Thanks for the translate and upload Shepherds <3

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

idk man surely your heart is racing because you ran there or something

Thanks for the TL!

Drop-your-favourite-sua-fan-official-art-and-ill-rate-them-v0-6mdt3s3iafof1
joined Jan 22, 2026

ah a loser lesbian at uni

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

promising, it's nice to see a manhua that's a bit more grounded, i often find them a bit...premise-heavy?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

promising, it's nice to see a manhua that's a bit more grounded, i often find them a bit...premise-heavy?

If a manhua doesn't start with at least three chapters of pure exposition dump explaining the magic system and the history of the world from the creation onward, I cannot really take it seriously.

Chinchilla
joined Apr 28, 2022

She says she's not as close to her cousin as she has to her, however they spent not that much time together in high school before she ran away and just quit talking to her, and now it's been a month since they've even talked so she's not closer to her cousin than she is her she must see that cousin once every 2 years I guess? I don't like this girl already she seems very indecisive and I love our main character I think she's adorable.

Thank you for the translate and upload as always Shepherd's

Icon_tinymila
joined Jan 30, 2017

Is military training a normal thing in Chinese universities? First time I've heard about it.

amshepherd Uploader
Shepherd's Lost and Found
joined Mar 6, 2023

Is military training a normal thing in Chinese universities? First time I've heard about it.

Yep. Usually lasts about 2 weeks during the beginning of the students first year. Mostly consists of marching drills and various group exercises. It’s not real military training, just kind of simulates it.

As to why they do it, I’ve seen reasons range from simply encouraging students to work together to it being part of the propaganda machine.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Is military training a normal thing in Chinese universities? First time I've heard about it.

Yep. Usually lasts about 2 weeks during the beginning of the students first year. Mostly consists of marching drills and various group exercises. It’s not real military training, just kind of simulates it.

As to why they do it, I’ve seen reasons range from simply encouraging students to work together to it being part of the propaganda machine.

today i learned, neat.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

promising, it's nice to see a manhua that's a bit more grounded, i often find them a bit...premise-heavy?

Jesus

That is such a damning yet accurate way of describing the medium.

If a manhua doesn't start with at least three chapters of pure exposition dump explaining the magic system and the history of the world from the creation onward, I cannot really take it seriously.

My kingdom for a Like button

last edited at Aug 21, 2026 8:54PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I still can't figure out what Yumian's game here is. The high school flashbacks imply that she was aware that she knew about Chang Le's feelings and was okay with them, and the whole present-day story seems like she conspired with the Party Cousin to get back together with Change Le. Yet she has explicitly and instantly turned her down in high school, and in the present day, acts like the whole thing is a coincidence without any plausible deniability for later.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

promising, it's nice to see a manhua that's a bit more grounded, i often find them a bit...premise-heavy?

Jesus

That is such a damning yet accurate way of describing the medium.

If a manhua doesn't start with at least three chapters of pure exposition dump explaining the magic system and the history of the world from the creation onward, I cannot really take it seriously.

My kingdom for a Like button

i'm just waiting for yumian to reveal she is actually a time traveller who is using her system administrator powers to escape from her secretive clan of exorcists because she's pregnant with future chang le's science babies

__akiyama_mizuki_project_sekai_drawn_by_ririru__aef7569108d461f730828c198e920bc8_1_1_1_1_1
joined Mar 9, 2024

Is military training a normal thing in Chinese universities? First time I've heard about it.

Yep. Usually lasts about 2 weeks during the beginning of the students first year. Mostly consists of marching drills and various group exercises. It’s not real military training, just kind of simulates it.

As to why they do it, I’ve seen reasons range from simply encouraging students to work together to it being part of the propaganda machine.

It's a part of obedience training done to students. Not many students really bought into the propaganda the authority advertised, but there are consequences for people not behaving like "I believe in this wholeheartedly"..

joined May 28, 2026

I can't help but feel like there has to be another option for pushing two passive characters together than introducing a loud & obnoxious and incredibly pushy tertiary character who exists almost solely to badger and berate one/both of the leads into interacting. It's always presented as Pushy Character simply walking over the objections of the main(s), and while I realize it's effectively just my subjective dislike for those kinds of people, it's so universal across comics out of China & Japan & Korea that I have to wonder what exactly compels authors of disparate Asian cultures to utilize the same archetype and trope in their romance writing.

I get why it's sometimes necessary (because Chang Le would likely do what she did at the bar in chapter 1 and simply leave/avoid Yumian at every opportunity), but at a certain point it feels almost like lazy writing. Can't think of a better way to force two avoidant mains in the same room? Bring in someone who will just run roughshod over them while acting like it's a totally benign and non-problematic thing to do.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I'd rather the annoying pushy character be a side wingwoman than one of the actual leads, idk. I'm very curious to see just what Party Cousin is trying to accomplish here, or if she really does just exist for the meta-role without any consideration for her in-universe reasoning for this.

As far as Yumain goes, I find her intriguing. The impression she gives is that there's a lot more happening in her head than she's able or willing to let out, at least to me. Curious to see where this will wind up going.

To reply you must either login or sign up.