Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

My soul simply rejoices after having read this wonderful chapter. Thank you Halmoni and ddd/kyra, your work is very much appreciated :) I feel really spoiled and i am starting to fear that a day when Ssamba will decide to go on a summer vacation will eventually come...
No-rae is quite lucky, could've been someone else's lap she sat on.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

anonymous

On the topic of replicating the comico reading experience, I tried overlaying the the FF scanlations (similar to Cheese in the Trap if anyone knows it) on Japanese Comico site. I've only done the first chapter thus far.

To make the English translations visible, you can either create a bookmark (bookmark a random page) and then change the url of said page to the following

javascript:(function() { var oss_js = document.createElement('script'); oss_js.type = 'text/javascript'; oss_js.src = 'http://static.oddsquad.org/js/naver.reader.oss.js'; document.body.appendChild(oss_js);})();

you can also use an add on, depending on which browser you're using. i'll leave the instructions here.

The advantage of this is that you'd be supporting the artist through the official website, which was why i tried it out in the first place. Also the Japanese comico has chapter titles and a blurb which might be fun to look at. As is, the current chapter titles aren't accurate lol, I'll change it eventually.

If anyone tries reading it this way, drop me a line to let me know what you think. I'm planning on updating most of the roughs in a similar fashion.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

OMG, THAT BACK HUG!!! OMFG DSKGSDLJGBDJFNG ... throws lilies and sprinkles glitter everywhere in the room (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

But really, how can someone sit on someone's lap without noticing what they have just sat on???!!!

you'll be surprised a what you may or may not do when you're spacing out. :)

joined Feb 19, 2015

Doesn't No-Rae's thought process kinda mirror Mari's from Girlfriends? The scene when Mari's accepted that she's in love with Akko while running up the subway station stairs to greet her? They've come to terms with their feelings and diffused their angst, and seem to have resolved to keep the friendship and only the friendship up. If Sssamba's going to do it like Girlfriends, then I look forward to No-Rae doing something dramatic for Seol-a to reconsider their friendship in another light (like Akko did) >:)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm sorry, but you aren't a man to me.

Ohh! Ohhhhhhh! In his face! And not like being a man helps.
I demand that this quote is kept exactly like it is. No QC needed.

Also, as always thanks to halmoni for being the best translator on the internet.

last edited at May 18, 2015 8:25AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Halmoni & Lara 77

From my interpretation, the "I vowed to keep that promise that we made 'as friends'" meant that No-rae would keep the promise as long as they remained "friends", because it was promise that they made when they were friends. She was running away from Seol-a due to her unwanted romantic feelings, but then she realized that she didn't have any excuses to run away anymore. She didn't want to lose Seol-a. No-rae didn't have to act on her romantic feelings and distance herself from Seol-a. So No-rae decides to let things play out naturally, and see where their relationship goes.

As for the "Because for now, we're still friends", No-rae is acknowledging that they're just friends at the moment, but she knows that they won't be able to stay friends forever. The Korean says "as of yet", but it sounded slightly awkward so I changed it a bit. I'm assuming that this means that No-rae with either confess her feelings when she gets the balls to do so (and thus upgrade from friend to girlfriend), or she'll end her friendship with Seol-a when her feelings become too much of a burden to bear.

I couldn't agree more, this is the same interpretation I had.

x3. This was a really good chapter, probably the best thus far.

Also, was it me or did Kyung-woo ask Seol-a for a one night stand when he said,

I don't mind if you say it isn't serious. I just want one moment with...

I mean, of course I could totally be wrong but I still don't trust the bastard.

@ Halmoni
Line 9: No-rae: I can't...fall...asleep...(small text): Hiing (qc/n: whining/crying sound? change as you see fit)

Is it more of a snoring sound? Maybe a bit of a whistle kinda sound.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

It also seems like she wants them to be more, I don't know but those words "I vowed to keep that promise that we made "as friends". That's right. Because for now, we're still friends." caught my attention and I can't fully understand what No-Rae was trying to say with that.

From my interpretation, the "I vowed to keep that promise that we made 'as friends'" meant that No-rae would keep the promise as long as they remained "friends", because it was promise that they made when they were friends. She was running away from Seol-a due to her unwanted romantic feelings, but then she realized that she didn't have any excuses to run away anymore. She didn't want to lose Seol-a. No-rae didn't have to act on her romantic feelings and distance herself from Seol-a. So No-rae decides to let things play out naturally, and see where their relationship goes.

As for the "Because for now, we're still friends", No-rae is acknowledging that they're just friends at the moment, but she knows that they won't be able to stay friends forever. The Korean says "as of yet", but it sounded slightly awkward so I changed it a bit. I'm assuming that this means that No-rae with either confess her feelings when she gets the balls to do so (and thus upgrade from friend to girlfriend), or she'll end her friendship with Seol-a when her feelings become too much of a burden to bear.

Woaaah! Thank you so much, our dear granny! For both, the translation and the clarification. I had a similar reading but was in doubt.
But I'm still somewhat lost how to respond to that. On one hand, No-rae decided to stop running away from Seol-a. On another, she didn't look like she decided to confess unless the situation would naturally ask for it. So yeah, I hope she'll at least open a little more to Seol-a from now on, people around will start talking, and Seol-a will start noticing things.

Images
joined Sep 2, 2013

How come seol-a has the key to be the one who entered norae's home first and sat there.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's not Norae's home, it's the next day at school or something like that.

last edited at May 18, 2015 5:06PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

In between S2 and S3 do you think No-rae's hair will grow back at least some? Ssamba still draws her with long hair in a lot of the art so I feel like her short hair is not a permanent change (it was an accident in the first place).

joined Jan 31, 2015

kyra:

kyra edit: sorry anon, my mouse went a bit haywire and it accidently edited your post when I just mean to quote it. Apologies. I've added the java script back as it might be of use to a lot of people (like me).

Y U ABUSE UR ADMIN POWERZ

Nah, just kidding, all good. I restored the previous content.

I've actually done it accidentally before. I would go to my own old post, click "Quote" (or so I think), add more text, then submit... only to realize that all I did was edit my old post, not create a new one. Turned out that I clicked "Edit" instead of "Quote" because they're right next to each other, and the edit and create new post pages look pretty similar.

last edited at May 23, 2015 7:09PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

How come seol-a has the key to be the one who entered norae's home first and sat there.

I gave her the key, end of discussion. But it's really not that hard to imagine that she followed No-rae inside and No-rae didn't even notice because she was so tired.

kyra, you are the hero webtoon scanlators need but don't deserve. Thank you for figuring out all that coding jazz.

joined Jan 31, 2015

lmaowut:

http://doodle-dump.tumblr.com/post/119267107779/halmoniswag-this-ones-for-you-because-ur-the
Some new fanart. on a completely different note how do u comment with pictures omg.....
ALSO!!! if you like the art pls like/reblog from their blog. They're a good friend of mine and honestly they deserve more publicity!!

To put a picture in a post, do this:
![](URL OF PICTURE)

Fan art by doodle-dump:

halmoniswag this one’s for you because ur the greatest granny ever!! seriously tho thank you so much for ur speedy translations!!

Source:
http://doodle-dump.tumblr.com/post/119267107779/halmoniswag-this-ones-for-you-because-ur-the
http://36.media.tumblr.com/0100ec4e05675c811e9a24c3aa11d601/tumblr_nojgzjbLpI1teg6deo1_1280.png

halmoni:

I gave her the key, end of discussion. [...]

halmoni can plug just about any plot hole.

... That sounded kinda off.

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 2:31AM

joined Apr 25, 2015

rofl No-rae how do you sit on a warm lap and not notice? Is your couch heated?

Wasn't expecting something like that to happen, but I'll take it!

lmao my sentiments exactly...i don't get how she didn't notice an entire person sitting there and just flopped down and the best part is SEOL-A DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING FOR A WHILE SHE JUST WENT ALONG WITH IT idk i cant stop laughing

Seol-a's mind probably went "Did she really just sit on me?! Like for real?!"

Probably took her a moment to register it XD

joined Apr 20, 2015

This was an adorable chapter~ And the sitting on Seol-a accident is just plain gold.

One part that I don't really understand is when they arrived at the apartment and No-rae was trying to apologize. Why did Seol-a act so cold? I know she said she was too tired but she just brushed off No-rae like nothing...Her actions reminded of what happened around ch12-13 when she was jealous of No-rae and Ji-Hwan being all cozy together.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

It also seems like she wants them to be more, I don't know but those words "I vowed to keep that promise that we made "as friends". That's right. Because for now, we're still friends." caught my attention and I can't fully understand what No-Rae was trying to say with that.

I thought about those things too but now reading it from someone else, I'm more sure. Thanks Halmoni :D

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I gave her the key, end of discussion. But it's really not that hard to imagine that she followed No-rae inside and No-rae didn't even notice because she was so tired.

Seriously, it is not No-Rae's home :

http://imgur.com/a/oCvAz
http://imgur.com/a/2mX4Y

joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Yuri fans' detective skills are not to be taken lightly. :3

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Seriously, it is not No-Rae's home :

http://imgur.com/a/oCvAz
http://imgur.com/a/2mX4Y

Yep you're correct. If you notice, No-rae is wearing different outfits in the panel. The brown coat is when Seol-a dropped her off at home. The denim jacket is when she's super tired at school.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

^^and notice that No-rae wears a different shirt and jacket from the time she apologized to Seol-a when they got back and those that she's wearing when she accidentally sat on her. I actually double checked that coz i got confused too.

Maybe Seol-a actually went behind No-rae to have her sit on her lap :p

joined Apr 5, 2015

The one where No-rae was apologising was a flashback. Samba always put a bit more space (and sometimes greyed the panels a bit) between frames to separate past and present. Plus, referring to the few drawings of her place, No-rae doesn't have a black couch.

PS: Things tends to happen on black couches, if you know what I mean ;)

joined Jan 31, 2015

thatanon:

Whoa, now I'm afraid if ssamba wil go full kdrama with norae being in denial for a long time, hindering seol-a's self realization, and then family members join the fray, not to mention jealous best friends or the coming of a third party
This is gona be a very looooong ride...

hashi:

Doesn't No-Rae's thought process kinda mirror Mari's from Girlfriends? The scene when Mari's accepted that she's in love with Akko while running up the subway station stairs to greet her? They've come to terms with their feelings and diffused their angst, and seem to have resolved to keep the friendship and only the friendship up. If Sssamba's going to do it like Girlfriends, then I look forward to No-Rae doing something dramatic for Seol-a to reconsider their friendship in another light (like Akko did) >:)

Emphasis above mine.

I disagree with the interpretation that No-rae has decided to ignore her feelings and to stay purely friends with Seol-a forever.

I feel that if anything, she has now accepted her feelings and is now hopeful that perhaps someday, they may be reciprocated. ("Because for now, we're still friends.")

But she won't force things or rush things, because she just wants to take things slowly and enjoy her time with Seol-a. ("With some easygoing feelings.")

last edited at May 18, 2015 7:43PM

joined Jan 1, 2015

Hey this is a link with 35 chapters in english !
http://flutteringfeelings.imgur.com/

joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Thanks, although we already know, seeing as the rough typesets of the last 2 chapters uploaded there were actually done by members of this forum.

last edited at May 19, 2015 12:57AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

halmoni

kyra, you are the hero webtoon scanlators need but don't deserve. Thank you for figuring out all that coding jazz.

thanks halmoni. i'm glad that it was useful to someone and the translator no less! i have a request, can i have your email address? if you're not comfortable leaving it here you can just drop a message at kyra.scanlations.stuff@gmail.com

To reply you must either login or sign up.