Forum › The Person Who Cheers The People Who Try discussion

joined Oct 11, 2010

This was a bit dreamlike… I've always liked this author's way of making EVERYTHING have a edge to it, even the fluffy parts.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Credits said it all xD
Will there be like part 2 ? Coz uknow it feels a little bit unfinished

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This was so short it seemed to move around really quick I ended up having to read it twice to understand what had happened!

funny and cute though, would be nice if it got another short sequel or something.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Credit pages are the best xD
A bit sad though though it doesn't leave a bad taste

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's fluffy for this mangaka. Normally a Hirao Auri character has the pain and ennui drawn out for so many centuries of subjective time that when they kill themselves quietly it's not a cry for help, and everyone that knows them doesn't go "oh, my God!" but rather, "Finally!" and then they go back to researching their own escape. I picture a world where that's the only pleasant activity legally allowed. In their world the chromosome that makes lesbians attracted to you has a side effect of brain damage, though, so that's par for the course here.

In all seriousness, she's a good artist, good at setting up plots, good at creating characters, but beyond that, I've always wished she'd let someone else do the plotting, and perhaps the writing. Even things that were obviously dragged out as long as possible like Citrus or Stretch really don't compare to her "masterwork."

last edited at May 30, 2016 5:42PM

joined Oct 11, 2010

It's fluffy for this mangaka. Normally a Hirao Auri character has the pain and ennui drawn out for so many centuries of subjective time that when they kill themselves quietly it's not a cry for help, and everyone that knows them doesn't go "oh, my God!" but rather, "Finally!" and then they go back to researching their own escape. I picture a world where that's the only pleasant activity legally allowed. In their world the chromosome that makes lesbians attracted to you has a side effect of brain damage, though, so that's par for the course here.

In all seriousness, she's a good artist, good at setting up plots, good at creating characters, but beyond that, I've always wished she'd let someone else do the plotting, and perhaps the writing. Even things that were obviously dragged out as long as possible like Citrus or Stretch really don't compare to her "masterwork."

.. maybe… but in all fairness I really like her "masterwork" a LOT and blindly hate Citrus :P

last edited at May 30, 2016 8:48PM

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

I guess the author is incapable of writing happy endings xD

I was just thinking the same thing. Feels like a common theme in her works...

last edited at May 30, 2016 9:25PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:

Ok. The hell you are talking about. It is true that Manga no Tsurikata isn't the best, but I'd rather say she isn't good on writing too long stories and starts to rely too much on cliches in a long run (or her editor thought it would be better that way). Writing in her one shot is just fine:
Surely, Always: Typical angsty manga, that is written really realistic and there isn't anything you can really complain about "plot" imo. I'm sure there is a lot people that can relate to this situation too much.
Miyabi-chan Down from the Moon: Short, good supernatural comedy with happy ending.
Tender Night: Really good and realistic way of portraying all girls school and showing what it means to be a lesbian (at least for me) with not so much good ending as it was never really angsty or drama heavy manga (I have no clue why it has Aaaaaangst tag), pretty much just focusing on MC's thoughts on her experiences in life so far, so ending is pretty neutral, but it does end with implicated possibility of MC hooking up with her senpai, so you can call it a good ending. It is told a little out of order, but if you pay attention you can easily catch everything.

And now you have pretty much full fluffy comedy with only "angsty" part being "we are both girls", that is ironically glossed over since all girls Chihi is cheering on confess to other girls, with added some supernatural elements and funny twist at the end. It was short and it could be longer, but it was funny and cute so it done its job. Sure you can say adding supernatural and that plot twist was kinda out of place, but that is what comedy mangas are all about. And the ending was such typical, easy to clear up misunderstanding that we all know they will end up together (at least clearing it up and them hooking up should be easy enough), but that was just a silly joke. Look, the premise from the start isn't supposed to be take too seriously. She is cheering her classmates during her own test or she is actually standing next to person confessing her love to someone.

last edited at May 30, 2016 10:57PM

joined Sep 11, 2014

The credits page more than makes up for the lack of proper ending

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

wtf how can it end like this ...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

That was an insanely good twist 10/10

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

saiko you fucking.... okay this works

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

That's some Yuma level of obliviousness.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't know whether or not I agree, but I love the way you phrased it.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

what the hell

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

this girl is dense like the great wall of fucking china

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

QC fail on page 3... Oops.

So, uh, I honestly struggled to follow the plot of this and the final "WHOOPS MISUNDERSTANDING" as the ending was pretty dumb. Kinda like Manga no Tsukurikata, really!

Shame, 'cuz the art is nice.

Cf6a3677-15c1-4509-9ea7-f5ad06e26511
joined Nov 30, 2015

At least it wasn't a bad end..

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Hirao Auri...we meet once more on this familiar, barren ground....

last edited at May 31, 2016 6:17AM

joined Nov 20, 2013

So, uh, I honestly struggled to follow the plot of this and the final "WHOOPS MISUNDERSTANDING" as the ending was pretty dumb. Kinda like Manga no Tsukurikata, really!

This actually didn't go through proper QC technically because of a miscommunication so shhh. Just kidding, I'll ask the guys to maybe upload a v2 on the YP site. My bad, will be adding you to the QCers.

last edited at May 31, 2016 1:07PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This actually didn't go through proper QC technically because of a miscommunication so shhh. Just kidding, I'll ask the guys to maybe upload a v2 on the YP site. My bad, will be adding you the the QCers.

Haha sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, not my intention, these things happen to everyone. I just had to reread the page a few times to grasp what was going on and was super confused at first :x

joined Nov 20, 2013

Haha sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, not my intention, these things happen to everyone. I just had to reread the page a few times to grasp what was going on and was super confused at first :x

You didn't seem harsh at all, no worries. Included you in the new credits page. Cheers!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I thought it was a good ending?

The pachinko said it all, Chihi got the jack-pot that day.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

What the fuck...

I don't know why, but I love the art style. Their eyes are so gorgeous and I love when they smile and you can see their teeth... Yes, I'm weird. I think they look adorable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.