Forum › Movies! does anyone actually watch them in 3D?

joined Feb 5, 2018

i like to watch starwars

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

i like to watch starwars

I just like to watch.
┴┬┴┤◕ ◡ ◕ )

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Just came back from seeing Black Panther and it was pretty damn good, probably my second favorite Marvel movie right behind Captain America: Civil War.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Black Panther was pretty good, though i kinda liked how the panther himself was handled in Civil War better

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright....
Alright
We gotta have a serious talk regarding Ready Player One:
Holy shit motherfuckers actually used Godzilla's theme! They didn't have to! In fact i thought nothing big G related was going to show up after he didn't appear after the t-rex and kong, but they did it anyways! The boring CGi anime movie didn't use the theme but they did! Fuck this made the movie for me
Infinity War won't have gojira's theme therefore it will be by default a far lesser movie

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Alright, Spoder-man away from the house is good...buuuut Spoiler talk:
The madmen brought back J.K. Simmons to play JJJ again! And the 2 post credit scenes are the biggest cliffhangers in MCU. Not even a hint yet, hope the wait for the next announcement isn't longer than like 2 weeks...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

And the 2 post credit scenes are the biggest cliffhangers in MCU. Not even a hint yet, hope the wait for the next announcement isn't longer than like 2 weeks...==

Slightly less; they're almost certainly announcing something on the 20th at SDCC

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bored/can't sleep so here we go! More movies I watched in 2019

Joker: good and memorable. Not much to say tbh. I'm a bit worried about the Harley movie, I hope they don't make it edgier because this one made the $$$$$

Toy story 4: alright, not as special imo. Feels kind of unnecessary.

Leon the professional: old one. go watch it.

I missed a couple of movies I wanted to watch like ahem Terminator dark fate, so I might update after some VODs/"legal streaming".

Star wars time!

The Empire strikes back - I'm vanilla here, best one imo

A new hope - Very solid movie, probably the one I re-watched the most.

Revenge of the Sith - it's getting more difficult to rank them. Both cheesy(good cheese) af and tragic. 10/10 would slaughter the younglings again for UUUUUNNLIMITED POWEEERRR.

Return of the Jedi - this one annoys me, it should be the best one but noooo! George had to sell out. Still fairly solid, memorable, and cheesy.

Rise of Skywalker - the new one. Very solid, I don't have much to say against it except for the fact you have to go out of your way to research for all the extra info in comics. 1st time C-3PO was a the star of the movie, weird feeling.
This one might go down a spot or 2 later.
Rey being a Palpy does help her character but they should have gone waaaay further with her dark side to make it more interesting
if the mouse killed Ahsoka off-screen I swear oh and the kiss was really awkward lol oh and Rey burried Anakins lightsaber in sand lmao

The Force Awakens - see a new hope above minus the re-watches.

Rogue One - I don't have much to say about this one, I have to re-watch it before I decide if it stays here or drops a spot. Best Vader scene by far.

Solo - Not much to say about this one either, I liked it but...idk. I think they should used a new character or something. Might drop a spot too.

The Phantom Menace - This movie is almost good but definitely lands on the bad movie spot. I honestly don't know how I would salvage this one...ok yes I do! MAKE DARTH JAR JAR CANON DAMNIT! Oh and Duel of the fates is my favourite song in SW.

The Last Jedi - ah...hmm...:thonk....I don't hate it. The movie is pretty. But the plot is so dumb! Even without the universally hated part it's still very dumb if you think about it for a second.

Attack of the Clones - it has to be here. The 3 memorable scenes do not save this garbage. 69/420 would kill not just the men... but the women... and the children too because I don't like sand...it's coarse, rough, irritating. and it gets everywhere.

SW should always be fun adventure with dark undertones. Thats what works best.
List not final.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Everyone be sure to catch Portrait of a Lady on Fire if it's showing in your parts.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Joker: good and memorable. Not much to say tbh. I'm a bit worried about the Harley movie, I hope they don't make it edgier because this one made the $$$$$

Did anyone else think this movie was hilarious? It was pretty funny throughout, but when a "super rat" scurries by in the background at the end, I couldn't stop laughing. Would definitely recommend.

Best movie I saw last year was Under the Shadow. Really thoughtful and tense thriller/drama. It's the kind of movie where the plot is largely metaphorical, but it works on both levels. On the surface, it's a story about a mother trying to protect her daughter from a supernatural terror, and even if that's all it was, it'd still be a good movie. But it's pretty clear what the djinn represent, and you can see what the movie is really about from the very first scene.

Oh, and it's really short, which I think it is always a good thing in a film.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 8:00AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Rogue One was the best Star Wars film of the last 25 years, and the only one I'd consider re-watching today. No Mara Jade? No Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin (the second)? Fuck you, Disney. Go to hell.

last edited at Dec 2, 2020 11:13AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I recently watched this stop-motion animated horror movie called La Casa Lobo. It's about a girl in Chile who runs away from a German colony to stay in a forest, only for everything to go to hell, as is the case with most horror movies. Apparently, it's based on true events- there was a German colony set up post WW2 in Southern Chile, which suffered a 40 year reign of terror after a former Nazi corporal was appointed leader in 1961. People were abused, drugged, made to work like slaves, and the Chilean government actually sent political dissidents there to be tortured instead of, y'know, stopping the rampant HR violations.

I went into the movie without all this context, but it's still a fascinating film- the use of misshapen, vaguely humanoid sculptures in a claustrophobic cottage really conveys the sense of a mysterious, alternative world locked within the woods, where the rules of logic don't apply and people have to suffer all the madness of old fairytales without any hopes of a magical ending. The way the stop-motion morphs environments really plays with your sense of space and security, making you feel like everything's forged from clay that shifts when you're not looking. It isn't just pretty or creepy for the sake of it either- the animations mirror the protagonist's frame of mind, so dark, empty rooms slowly start to get filled with dancing, undulating furniture as her eyes grow used to the shadows, and the structure of the house morphs as she starts to consider herself a living, breathing part of it. I won't spoil the trippier stuff, but suffice it to say that the movie's got some of the most surreally disturbing sequences I've seen in quite a while.

The whole film really just makes me wish there was more animated horror- the things you can do with a world moulded completely to a creator's mind far outweigh any trickery you can pull with actual sets and actors. Animation excels at nonstandard explorations of perception, at warping biology and physics past every boundary, and at creating landscapes dripped in rich allegory and symbolism- all of which are landmarks of the horror genre. It conveys terror in shifting, dreamlike ways seen only in nightmares, childhood or delirium, and goes beyond mere plot conventions to create experiences that are different on every level. It's an excellent, thoroughly unconventional film from start to finish, and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new and daring breed of horror.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Heh, sneaky bot. Bonk plz!

joined Feb 1, 2017

I just watched Black Widow a few days ago and the lesbian vibes are strong. I ship Natasha and Yelena now, and nobody’s gonna stop me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.