Forum › Movies! does anyone actually watch them in 3D?

joined Oct 12, 2013

I'm going to watch it and enjoy it and no one can stop me!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Apologies for reviving the dead, but things really aren't looking too good for DC
I wasn't particularly interested in this movie, but i wanted at least for the non-Zack Snyder movies to fare more positively than BvS did

Looking at the director's comments about Harley, it looks like he doesn't really understand what people like about her character any more than Snyder does Superman. Not to mention Jared Leto's antics during filming. Doesn't really make me confident good things will happen.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Weeeeeell, at least there's always Doctor Strange to look forward too. That kinda sucks though, I was really looking forward to that movie.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Weeeeeell, at least there's always Doctor Strange to look forward too. That kinda sucks though, I was really looking forward to that movie.

And let's not even get into the Killing Joke movie...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why is it that DC can do television series no problem, animated or live-action, but can't do a good movie to save their lives?

Hopefully Wonder Woman will break the trend. The trailer is really good at least.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

And let's not even get into the Killing Joke movie...

Actually let's get into it, what's going on?
All i saw was a trailer when my father made me watch the extended edition of BvS twice and i got kinda interested since the Killing Joke was one of my favorite stories

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

They added more story to pad out the original story (which they apparently filmed as close to the original as possible, even the bits the writer of the damn thing distanced himself from. And well, it's not pretty.

Barbara Gordon gets treated like an incompetent by Batman a lot, she responds by actually being incompetent, then she fucks him on a roof.

Of course this was co-written by the guy who turned the Amazons into a tribe who kidnaps, fucks and murders men, so I'm not too shocked with the new material.

I do hear Hammill put in an especially good performance. Apparently it's the last time he'll be playing the role.

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 9:53PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

They added more story to pad out the original story (which they apparently filmed as close to the original as possible, even the bits the writer of the damn thing distanced himself from. And well, it's not pretty.

Barbara Gordon gets treated like an incompetent by Batman a lot, she responds by actually being incompetent, then she fucks him on a roof.

Of course this was co-written by the guy who turned the Amazons into a tribe who kidnaps, fucks and murders men, so I'm not too shocked with the new material.

What.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What.

Apparently it's the last time he'll be playing the role.

Well i've been hearing that since Arkham City

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This storify is from right after the premiere, and it certainly seems in line with everyone I've seen who's actually seen it so it looks legit.The "splinters" thing is hilarious either way.

It's sad, Bruce Timm usually has such a good feel for the characters. But I guess the spirit of "sure, cripple the bitch" lives on. They apparently make it look like Oracle's origin story was the intent, rather than something a different author did to pick up the pieces the way it happened for real.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This storify is from right after the premiere, and it certainly seems in line with everyone I've seen who's actually seen it so it looks legit.The "splinters" thing is hilarious either way.

So i can skip over half of the movie and live a happier life for doing so? Gotcha

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 10:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So i can skip over half of the movie and live a happier life for doing so? Gotcha

Well, the other half still insists on being The Killing Joke, so you can probably skip the whole thing and not be poorer for it.

joined Jan 8, 2016

You could also read the Killing Joke and keep a framed picture of Mark Hamill next to you and watching.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I never trust reviews so I'm gonna watch SD squad no matter what. The internet seems really divided, but apparently most people agree that the plot was weak.

Animated Killing Joke was awful, not even the "proper" story saved it for me.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Heard multiple people saying that it's pretty good if you've read the comics so you can make up most of the gaps in your head, i never read them though so i'm not willing to take that leap of faith
Unless i'm invited i guess, already saw a bunch of shitty movies 'cause i was dragged around so what's one more

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 5:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Heard multiple people saying that it's pretty good if you've read the comics so you can make up most of the gaps in your head, i never read them though so i'm not willing to take that leap of faith

I had that experience with the first Harry Potter movie. Professional reviewers panned it, but fans of the books loved it. I'd only read half the book at that point, and during the first half of the movie it was amazing to see all the stuff I'd read come to life. But then I got to the bits that I didn't have the book to fill in the blanks and suddenly the movie started to get really shallow and I had to struggle to enjoy it.

I'm guessing Suicide Squad is much the same. Although the fact that I really don't care for Harley's design from about Arkham Asylum onwards doesn't help much.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I thought Suicide Squad was okay. My friend had free tickets so I went to see it. It was better than BvS, that's for sure, but I didn't really care for the characters at all (did for like El Diablo). Harley was pretty good, IMO, better than the trailers. Still hate the design and I absolutely loathe Harley x Joker stuff.

Hope Poison Ivy shows up in the movies. If they do something Harley x Ivy, then I will sit through all these shitty DCEU films.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@Zuljin - good to know. i definitely wasn't going to watch it based on the reviews, but may try to see it if i can get a 5-finger discount (i.e. slip in and see it for free). Now i'm curious why having Harley x Ivy would make a sequal tolerable? wouldn't it reason that if the parts are crappy then the sum of the parts would be equally crappy or worse?

if you cannot tell, i'm not a fan of the DC movies?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@ciega, well, I'm a huge fan of the Harley x Ivy partnership. :P

From friends to partners and lovers. Ivy's, you know, a character who doesn't care about people but here she cares about Harley. She wants to help Harley out of the abusive relationship she has with Joker.

I just really like the pairing, so seeing it on the big screen as a canon thing would just make my day. :P

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I liked the movie(yay!), can recommend this one. Had to fork out extra cash for "XD 3D" again because everything else was sold out, the 3d was okay, I liked a couple of scenes that had it.

Deadshot was Will smith, Harley was Harley, Killer croc was kinda...weird...too small maybe? the other guys were alright.

I could make a Joke a about the Joker's design but Nostalgia critic already did

I didn't really care for the characters at all

How could you not care about a silly character like captain boomerang?

If they do something Harley x Ivy

I hope they do!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I cannot care about Captain Boomerang because Jai Courtney is a terriblely meh actor. :P

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Eh BvS was ok in my opinion flawed but ok

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm really in the mood of watching a heist movie, something in the veins of Oceans Eleven and, to a lesser extent, Fast Five
Any good recommentations?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Don't know if this is really the place for this.
Anyway, I'd recommend you Heat, and Inception (the firts two that came to my mind).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Soooo..... Justice League...
You can clearly see the duct tapes holding the movie together, even a casual movie goer like me could pick apart which director's each scene was, that thing is a mess
....However my expectations for this was so rock bottom that i actually came out of it satisfied
I mean, with Batman v Superman i didn't expect much but i at least wanted to see cool action scenes which it did not deliver, this time i wasn't expecting not even that so no disappointments from my end, and i also had this sweet mcdonalds black friday deal going on regarding french fries that kept me entertained the whole way
Guess my next stop is Star Wars now, which i also hold litle to no expectation so i should probably enjoy it more than Rogue One

last edited at Nov 24, 2017 7:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.