Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Kind of remind me of the dentist chapter. Those two really can't stand the other suffering, it's cute. ^^

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Yay, it's back!

I love how Ayano and Miyoshi's dynamic is so flirtatious and playful, yet you get these little glimpses that there's something a little deeper going on. If there is, I suspect it will be a very long time until something develops, as their normal behaviour could be used as both a release valve and a smokescreen.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

For some reason my mind kept yelling "ALL ABOARD!" the moment Miyoshi hug Ayano ahaha.
That was so freaking adorable and sweet ugh

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

They're gonna catch the molester and he's gonna go 'It's just a prank bro! It's just a prank!'

Then you break his wrist and claim it was just a joke!

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Its so rare to see media with girls supporting and caring about each other (especially in non-romantic text), and with chapters like this, this manga is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Its literally a manga of just gals being pals. Its wonderful.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Aw miyoshi and ayano are really sweet. I like how playful they are together but they support each other so much. Whether their relationship develops romantically or not doesn't matter to me because I'm happy with their dynamic.

joined Mar 29, 2016

i love this chapter, so cute i hope for more >.<

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yash, update!
That was totally adorable!
It was worth the wait
I would love a friend who would do that for me

last edited at Apr 1, 2016 8:17PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Its literally a manga of just gals being pals. Its wonderful.

omg no
pls
isn't the expression gal being pals itself a sarcastic joke

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Its literally a manga of just gals being pals. Its wonderful.

omg no
pls
isn't the expression gal being pals itself a sarcastic joke

Really in this manga it varies between "hahaha just gals being pals" and straight up just gals being pals depending on the characters involved.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Moaaaaaaar, my prayers were heard, amezing as always

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I've tried to unlock my latent telekinetic powers an embarrassing amount of times XP

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Waaaaah =P

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

we've all tried to use telekinetic powers at some point :P

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Ugh, some times they look fat and other times they don't.. I'm conflicted!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Onoda is not a great person. Like, I get that she's consumed with anxiety and jealousy but jeez girl maybe try to be a bit less vindictive?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Onoda is not a great person. Like, I get that she's consumed with anxiety and jealousy but jeez girl maybe try to be a bit less vindictive?

Onoda seems to be very insecure about herself, inferiority complex maybe. She prides herself in her uh studying abilities, possibly the only thing she feels good about. Belittles others to feel better about herself, not unlike Honoka, with her drawings. They lack the confidence to feel okay about who they are, what they don't have, and brings others down to validate themselves., becoming very judgmental, likely because they feel like others are judging them. They're very self-conscious of other people, despite acting like they don't care.

Hmm they're pretty bitter and salty, not making them the most pleasant characters, and I guess I'm kinda justifying their behavior in my mind, because they're not bad people, just very insecure. The chapters seeing them interact and get a bit closer to other characters are some of my favorites. I'm sure their behavior will eventually change and they'll become more welcoming of others, we're already getting some signs.
I really look forward to that, that's the kind of character development I crave

last edited at Apr 2, 2016 9:22PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

I've tried to unlock my latent telekinetic powers an embarrassing amount of times XP

havent we all? lol

joined Oct 12, 2013

I think it's a little refreshing to have a character who's realistically terrible and sympathetic at the same time.

joined Apr 6, 2014

Onoda seems to be very insecure about herself, inferiority complex maybe. She prides herself in her uh studying abilities, possibly the only thing she feels good about. Belittles others to feel better about herself, not unlike Honoka, with her drawings. They lack the confidence to feel okay about who they are, what they don't have, and brings others down to validate themselves., becoming very judgmental, likely because they feel like others are judging them. They're very self-conscious of other people, despite acting like they don't care.

Hmm they're pretty bitter and salty, not making them the most pleasant characters, and I guess I'm kinda justifying their behavior in my mind, because they're not bad people, just very insecure. The chapters seeing them interact and get a bit closer to other characters are some of my favorites. I'm sure their behavior will eventually change and they'll become more welcoming of others, we're already getting some signs.

Great insight. I'm hoping FluffQueen is VE's Keitaro to Onoda's Naru.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 12:42AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah. One thing I notice about her is how painfully clear it is that all her mental sour grapes just makes her more unhappy. That kid is wound waaaay too tight--she's not just insecure, she also, how to put it, is kind of obsessed with her insecurity. The question of whether she's the best or the worst is the only thing she thinks about, she never has mental room to have fun or even get absorbed in a topic. I suspect one reason she studies so hard but only gets "pretty good" results instead of awesome is that she can't, for instance, read a piece of literature and get into it, only study it--she'd never be grappling directly with stuff she studies on its own terms, only thinking "I will get the best mark because I'm studying this thing so hard." Her need to be the best student gets in between her and everything else, even the things she studies. Poor kid, if she doesn't find some way out she'll have a nervous breakdown.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wonder why Onoda is so disillusioned / bitter / cynical ?

I don't think she is a bad person - or vindictive really - like others said it seems mostly a self defense mechanism - but she doesn't want to be like that - and knows she is the one with the problem I think - that's why she looked so upset and was tearing up when it was clear those 2 girls were not like her self excuses made them out to be.

I think she really needs someone else to help change - but I've not seen much evidence anyone is gonna do that atm unless I'm forgetting stuff.

I don't have a good idea of who is who / hangs out with who, or what they are like really - because the chapters are often far apart and its been coming out for so long.. I really need to sit down and read through it all in one go to get handle on everyone and their relationships and developments.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I think she really needs someone else to help change - but I've not seen much evidence anyone is gonna do that atm unless I'm forgetting stuff.

I don't have a good idea of who is who / hangs out with who, or what they are like really - because the chapters are often far apart and its been coming out for so long.. I really need to sit down and read through it all in one go to get handle on everyone and their relationships and developments.

Unlike the other girls, Onoda doesn't have a specific person she hangs out with
She's usually seen alone
Hmm but at the trip at the beach, she was shown to have grown closer to her classmates, appreciating them and their quirkiness more, and seemed happy, when they acknowledged her, didn't feel as left out, shyly smiling. She was invited to the Christmas party too, and it went pretty fine as well.
I agree with you, I feel like Onoda will need to develop a relationship on a more intimate level with a single person, to encourage her to grow/change her mentality on other people. Like the way Honoka was alone but then had Elisha burst into her life/personal space. At the same time that Elisha was friendly, you also see that it was unfortunately not a kindness that Honoka was used to.
The girl with the fluffy hair, Nanasawa, I'd be interested in seeing more of her/to see her befriend Onoda tbh, she seems sweet.

And as much as Onoda badmouths people in her mind, I wonder if people have forgotten that that is exactly how Chie and Ai's friendship started, with Chie bitching on Ai and convinced that she had dark and terrible-looking nipples, and eventually concocting the sketchy plan of befriending her and hopefully being allowed to cope a feel.

I'm glad that Onoda and Honoka are part of the cast tbh, to see what the author has in plan for them/how their relationships will plan out. Their earlier chapters weren't written for nothing, after all. It's a slow, but steady development for the both of them.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 5:19AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I agree with you, I feel like Onoda will need to develop a relationship on a more intimate level with a single person, to encourage her to grow/change her mentality on other people. Like the way Honoka was alone but then had Elisha burst into her life/personal space. At the same time that Elisha was friendly, you also see that it was unfortunately not a kindness that Honoka was used to.
The girl with the fluffy hair, Nanasawa, I'd be interested in seeing more of her/to see her befriend Onoda tbh, she seems sweet.

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

My concern is that Onada will lash out at anyone who tries to reach out to her (especially Nanasawa) and they won't have Elisha's impenetrable shield of a language barrier combined with just being a giant ball of sunshine and it will break my heart.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 6:40AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

My concern is that Onada will lash out at anyone who tries to reach out to her (especially Nanasawa) and they won't have Elisha's impenetrable shield of a language barrier combined with just being a giant ball of sunshine and it will break my heart.

I feel more optimistic about it
She did react favorably to the other classmates at the beach, and has referred to them as her friends.
But I do feel some concern as well, Nanasawa being ranked first + being super cute + nice to people did hit a nerve, she seemed like she felt even shittier about herself at the end of the chapter.
I kinda liked that though, I'm sure it got her thinking. Even if there is no immediately remarkable change brought to her behavior/thoughts in the next chapter, she can't ignore that she did think something terrible of a stranger, and had that thought proven wrong.
Does anybody remember if has happened before? Iirc, this is the first time

To reply you must either login or sign up.