Forum › Hana and Eru discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Is this a series?

Also, can somebody explain their names? All I understood was that Hana and Eru (and their father) has the same character on their names but why is it pronounced differently?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Probably would have been better to spread this out over ~3-4 chapters, but I like the premise behind it. I think it felt slightly washed out since it squished a mini-story into 40 pages.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, this one really needed time to establish the characters and their relationships in-between the plot twists

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Owww this hurts. Honestly I hate the dad now. So so so much. Jerkwads like him shouldn't be parents.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Is this a series?

Also, can somebody explain their names? All I understood was that Hana and Eru (and their father) has the same character on their names but why is it pronounced differently?

Because kanjis have several pronunciations depending if they're alone, put together with other kanji or put together with hiragana/katakana. As a result, it's not unusual when japanese introducing themselves to explain which kanji to use to write their name or how to properly read it if it's just written.

That's alo why in many mangas, you see someone seeing the name of another character on a list and wondering how they should read it or making a mistake when later calling them out.

Heck, even in japanese books, they sometime have to put how to read a kanji if the author meant for it to have an unusual/rare reading. >< That's kind of the case here, 花 is the usual reading for "Hana", but the father decided to use an ususual reading of 英 that is normally read "Ei", so the teacher made a mistake writing it and if she does use the "Ei" character, you can bet that most people reading it without knowing her would think she's named Ei. Dad wanting to put part of his own name in probably causes her a tons of issues like that. :/

TLDR : kanjis are a pain with several reading. @_@

Cute story, wouldn't mind a continuation, but works pretty well as a stand-alone, so...

last edited at Sep 8, 2015 4:11AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Way chaotic plot

The drawing style keeps reminding me of older manga for some reason.

I thought this was a pretty good story. I would love a series based on it.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The way it's set out makes it seem like part of a series yet it could also be a one-shot. I hope it turns out to be a series. By the way I totally reckon that Hana and Eru's relationship went beyond sisters at the end. Especially after seeing that final page

Aaaa%20(2)
joined Aug 1, 2015

Nice read! I'm lovin' the art style.

last edited at Sep 8, 2015 11:13AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I really liked the author's Saki drama, especially how BuCap was done. I liked the premise of this oneshot but I'm not entirely convinced how the later part was executed and the father looks to be a rather inconsiderate and selfish guy. Cheating on a partner and fathering a child is a big no. No matter what good you do at your job, it doesn't outweigh if you're treating the people closest to you badly.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The pacing on this was pretty poor and the premise while interesting, was kind of absurd. Fantastic art tho

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The drawing style keeps reminding me of older manga for some reason.

Agreed. Can't put my finger on why, but Eru reminds me a little of Transistor Venus. I like it.

Engaging story, if a little hard to follow at times. Perhaps a bit ambitious for 42 pages, but it shows a lot of promise. I'm hoping to see more original works from this author in the future.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

The pacing on this was pretty poor and the premise while interesting, was kind of absurd. Fantastic art tho

Wow, you make it sound just like most serialized manga.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Way too much of complicated plot for 40 pages.
Also what a piece of shit father.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Way too much of complicated plot for 40 pages.
Also what a piece of shit father.

Lol. It was really simple and easy to follow. Also father wasn't that bad, but won't defend him too much. I actually liked this story a lot. For what it was it was decent.

joined Jul 16, 2015

I really liked this but the story moved way too fast. I would like to see this redone, but in several chapters. Right now the pacing has me confused about the whole illegitimate thing. I am not sure how she pieced that all together.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Father is not that bad. But Eru was a dick. Leaving her mother all alone for her sister. Now she lost her both husband and daughter. Hope she went gay in England.

To reply you must either login or sign up.