Forum › Hana wa Nisemono discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Huh, this seems pretty interesting. If this were a yuri couple at first, everyone would rip into it at first, but oh well.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

^ That's basically what happened with the madoka doujin that was Sayaka x MaleKyoko LOL

I like this so far though. ;v; it's cute, sweet, and honest, I kind of hope they end up together as both male again but I'm fine either way as long as the characters are happy.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

this is a good addition. unique.

edit: so far

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 1:24AM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i hate het but for some reason the only too yaoi iv read was the same plot idea (guy x guy that looks like a girl or is a girl now) so now i cant tell if i like het or yaoi more?

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 3:24AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hmmm interesting. Never read anything like this so far. I'm pleasantly surprised. This could either end up really good or really bad depending on the end "lesson". Could go either way.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

the only too yaoi iv read was the same plot idea (guy x guy that looks like a girl or is a girl now)

You know other stories where one member (or the two of them) of an established couple suddenly change sex magically?
Because this context is a first for me, and I find it pretty interesting. Usually in the "magical sex change gender bender" the MC start single.

If you know similar stories, I'm very interested in it, and I don't care if the couple is het, yaoi or yuri.

Anyway, I'm wondering, about God, why he did that?

• Because he don't like gay?
  • Because that the only way for being married in Japan?
  • Or it's simply a trial in order to strengthen the bond between the two? (the couple seems pretty recent)

I hope they'll face God in the future, somehow.

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 4:18AM

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

Hmmm interesting. Never read anything like this so far. I'm pleasantly surprised. This could either end up really good or really bad depending on the end "lesson". Could go either way.

Same reaction. The concept is quite interesting if you think about it, but I guess the story needs to progress first before deciding it would end up as good one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I read this a few days ago and I was like... "hmmm... where is this going?". I can't see a satisfying ending, unless she turns back? Love overcomes orientation? I'm conflicted.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yeah, I read this a few days ago and I was like... "hmmm... where is this going?". I can't see a satisfying ending, unless she turns back? Love overcomes orientation? I'm conflicted.

I really hope that it's not some "love overcomes orientation" thing since I feel that's just a slap in the face by erasing a defining part of Mori. Only way I see a satisfying end is if Ayumu turns back to a male or still identifies as male while still in a female body.

I think I'd also be satisfied if Ayumu ended up identifying as female and they break up because Mori can't fall in love with females and mutually agree it won't work out in the long run. I guess all i want is for Mori to remain gay. (Sure he could end up being bisexual or pansexual but he doesn't give any indication that he is anything other than gay.)

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 5:03AM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

the only too yaoi iv read was the same plot idea (guy x guy that looks like a girl or is a girl now)

You know other stories where one member (or the two of them) of an established couple suddenly change sex magically?
Because this context is a first for me, and I find it pretty interesting. Usually in the "magical sex change gender bender" the MC start single.

If you know similar stories, I'm very interested in it, and I don't care if the couple is het, yaoi or yuri.

• Or it's simply a trial in order to strengthen the bond between the two? (the couple seems pretty recent)

the closet i have seen to this is Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl but instead of there being an established couple it more like a crush dealing with the sex change

also every time i see god doing somthing in a show or manga/book it always comes across that god is just a troll :P

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 5:13AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's just a shinto kind of god. The type that "lives" in a particular shrine and grants wishes. It's easier to translate "kami-sama" to "god", but it's got nothing to do with the christian god. So they are a bit like the greek gods : they are whimsical.

The god serves the same purpose as the aliens in Kashimashi : a weak plot device to justify the change.

It's really a low blow to Mori. Ayumu doesn't have to change orientation. He can just go on liking guys.

Anyway, the god is supposed to have granted the wish. He rather wrecked havoc in the relationship instead. I hope it gets fixed somehow.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I really hope that it's not some "love overcomes orientation" thing since I feel that's just a slap in the face by erasing a defining part of Mori. Only way I see a satisfying end is if Ayumu turns back to a male or still identifies as male while still in a female body.

Wait, so if Mori loves "Ayumu with female body but who identifies as a male", then that makes Mori still completely gay? Is that really how it works?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Love overcomes orientation?
Nah, some basic thing about gay love is the gender matter
Gay man fall for man because they are man
same thing for yuri
I say because other manga, Idol Pretender, use the sentence ''gender don't matter'' to defeat yuri

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 6:54AM

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh, that looks interesting.
And if Ayumu doesn't get his male body back by magic, there is still science! It's not as perfect and costs more than 500yen, but it is an option.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wait, so if Mori loves "Ayumu with female body but who identifies as a male", then that makes Mori still completely gay? Is that really how it works?

In the ideal world, yes, absolutely.
If at the end of the story Ayumu is female but still identify himself as a boy, then he is a FtM transgender, and thus identified as a "man". Whether he choose to do some hormonal therapy/surgery or not. (But I don't see that end coming.)

But in the real world, it really depends on the individuals; a ton of people aren't able to make abstraction of the sex. It depends if Mori is that kind of person or not.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Try reading Boku Girl . It's about a boy who looks like a girl and a God switches his gender as a prank and enjoys the comedy and romance situations that follow .

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Love overcomes orientation?
Nah, some basic thing about gay love is the gender matter
Gay man fall for man because they are man
same thing for yuri
I say because other manga, Idol Pretender, use the sentence ''gender don't matter'' to defeat yuri

Idol Pretender was okay , but if you want something a bit more hard Yuri and intense try reading My Doll House , it has everything but Yaoi lol but it does get really close to a guy on guy rape scene or if you want comedy with romance and sexual encounters try Boku Girl .

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Try reading Boku Girl . It's about a boy who looks like a girl and a God switches his gender as a prank and enjoys the comedy and romance situations that follow .

Thanks, but I already read Boku Girl, it's very funny.

I've read a ton of gender bender, from simple cross-dressing to intersex. But that's the first manga I found about how a couple handles a sudden change of sex, and that what make it unique, refreshing and interesting. It feels very different from when the MC start single, the development of the story isn't the same.

Knight
joined Oct 10, 2013

wow, i kinda like this story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Am I the only one who doesn't want them to stay together if Ayumi persists in being a girl?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Am I the only one who doesn't want them to stay together if Ayumi persists in being a girl?

Well, you're not alone in this.

That he would change orientation just like that sounds wrong.

If he was bisexual and had been attracted to girl too, why not. But he's gay, so it would be a big slap in the face if he suddenly accepted the situation.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

lady_freyja

You are reading too much into it. In japanese manga god is always just a plot device. And how Nya-chan said, they are more like deities who all have their own thoughts and ideas. You have good, bad, mischievous, all sort of kinds.

I hate yaoi so when I saw it I originally ignored it, even when I read about premise. But since someone suggested it on dynasty I decided to give it and shot. I was positively surprised. It goes much deeper into issue than I expected and I like the angle too. It kinda reminded me about Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare. It is pretty good comedy that shows where the line lays. As long as main character can go back to being a guy, it is just for fun, but once he becomes girl forever it suddenly got serious (obviously they will revert him back before manga ends, but it didn't happened yet).

Chikaon

Well I only partially agree with you. Ayumu will identify as a male until the end. I don't see problem here. Most people misconception, but unless you were unsatisfied with your body in some way to begin with, changing your gender mentally isn't that simple or even possible. Just because he has the body of a girl now, it doesn't mean he will automatically consider it as valid possibility. I actually think the resolution will go more into direction of Mori realizing Ayumu is Ayumu and loving him nonetheless.

I think I'd also be satisfied if Ayumu ended up identifying as female and they break up because Mori can't fall in love with females and mutually agree it won't work out in the long run. I guess all i want is for Mori to remain gay. (Sure he could end up being bisexual or pansexual but he doesn't give any indication that he is anything other than gay.)

True. As Mugino pointed out. Being gay is also about being attracted to things only your gender has. There is a big chance you are attracted to someone, exactly because they are the same gender. I think the biggest question is how much Mori loves Ayumu, if he truly loves him, I think he will overcome gender issue and keep on loving him as "the only female I could fall in love with" if he isn't able to think of him as male anymore. With how manga was set up I really doubt they will make Ayumu back a guy.

Nya-chan

It's really a low blow to Mori. Ayumu doesn't have to change orientation. He can just go on liking guys.

Nope. His sexuality didn't change and he has better shot with guys now as a girl, but he still wants to be a guy. He wants to be with them as a guy. He doesn't like being treated as a girl, as we saw clearly and he doesn't enjoy being a girl as well (period for example).

meteor2

Yes, it is. Ayumu is a guy and Mori is a guy, so they are happy gay couple.

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 1:11PM

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Hoping for a happy end here

joined May 3, 2014

Hoping for a happy end here

i guess it will be that stupid ending like

• Iove overcomes gender = SHIT KINDA OF ENDING
  • He likes her because is Ayumi AND then the god turns him back = Still it smells like shit >.>

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 1:58PM

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

My wish is that god also turns Mori into a girl, then because he is a girl becomes attracted to girls. Then Mori and Ayumu become a happy yuri couple :DD

To reply you must either login or sign up.