Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Chapter 19 (eng)

Kodama Naoko is really crossing the line in this chapter.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We really lack, in this story, the POV of Hotaru.

Thus, her motivations and behavior seem irrational.

I hope at some point, we will understand her more.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

We really lack, in this story, the POV of Hotaru.

Thus, her motivations and behavior seem irrational.

I hope at some point, we will understand her more.

I think it's possible to get a general idea of what Hotaru might be thinking. She's conflicted by her desire for Yuma, and her strong belief that this desire will never be satisfactorily fulfilled. She wants to be close to Yuma, to "possess" her in a relationship, but she's afraid that openly confessing her feelings would drive Yuma away.

So she ends up in this bizarre push-pull relationship where she messes around with guys, pushes Yuma to date someone else, and plans on moving away all to try and get rid of those painful feelings, but at the same time those same feelings compel her to get closer and closer to Yuma in this deceitful, seductive manner.

I don't know if it's very realistic, but it seems like a common character arc in yuri manga. Generally it's not taken to such an extreme as this, but Kodama Naoko sure loves her clingy soap opera drama and cute but manipulative girls.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

schuyguy posted:

She wants to be close to Yuma, to "possess" her in a relationship, but she's afraid that openly confessing her feelings would drive Yuma away.

At this point, it should be obvious, even to Hotaru, that Yuma reciprocates, or even is the one who desires the relationship (and probably has always desired it unconsciously). I don't think she believes confessing would drive Yuma away.

I think it's rather the reverse. Confessing and entering an official relationship would open a whole new can of worms (or so Hotaru believes).

Fujiwara is an ass, but he pokes where it hurts. What does Yuma and Hotaru want?

last edited at May 25, 2017 6:13AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I honestly doubt Hotaru is really pregnant
It seems like she was pretending everything was ok when they were talking about moving in together and looking for a house, two chapters ago.
This whole pregnancy thing is probably an excuse to push Yuma away maybe. Like again protecting her from Fujiwara

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

At this point, it should be obvious, even to Hotaru, that Yuma reciprocates, or even is the one who desires the relationship (and probably has always desired it unconsciously). I don't think she believes confessing would drive Yuma away.

I don't know. I've found that characters are in stories like this can lack any kind of awareness whatsoever, to an extent that is often absurd.

Perhaps she does know already that Yuma loves her back and has some other reason for acting so oddly (blackmail? self-hatred? fear of commitment?), but I think it's possible that she's still completely oblivious somehow (out of necessity to continue the story, if for no other reason).

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh Hotaru does hate herself, she doesn't think she deserves to be with Yuma, and has pretty much been sabotaging herself since the beginning.
Her being all sweet and flirty these past days (?) with Yuma, and then commenting on how temporary it is and then casually brushing off that comment, hints that Hotaru is enjoying herself, but doesn't believe it will last, or perhaps shouldn't last, because Yuma should find someone better than her. It's like a very short dream, and Hotaru accepts that it won't last, and is just making the best out of it for now, making happy memories with Yuma, whispering sweet nothings, but ultimately believing them to be empty promises, regardless of what she really wants. It's pretty clear what Hotaru wants, but she's done nothing to really reach for it.
Meanwhile Yuma is really starting to consider her future with Hotaru. They probs both have a vague ish idea of how the other feels (though Yuma is still really oblivious and has been doubting her suspicions the whole time, and Hotaru's sharp and probs knows about her feelings, but sike cus self loathing and all), no one has really taken a concrete step. They've gotten more intimate lately, blatantly and romantically flirting with each other, but they're still just playing games with each other because no one is out loud questioning or admitting to the ambiguously romantic nature of their relationship.
Perhaps the concern for pregnancy (which i don't think will be confirmed to be true tbh, its too much trouble, just the scare Is enough as a plot device =A=), will push Yuma to do something more legit/direct, since, altho Hotaru is pretty aggressive, her biggest obstacle is ultimately herself and with the way she is now, she's not gonna do anything to change how things are.

From my understanding;
Yuma: self doubt, obliviousness, uncertainty, awareness of social stigma, buuut now that she has a sorta better idea of what she wants, will awkwardly and hesitantly go for it, ish
Hotaru: manipulative, perceptive, but self destructive, self loathing. [Passive] aggressive, aware of her own feelings, but has a whole sorta defeatist attitude going on
Fujiwara's also totally throwing a wrench in their shit lol, mainly at Yuma. He makes harsh comments and is judging them real hard, it's quite obvious that it makes Yuma feel really uncomfortable and hesitant to have his contempt for her all up in her face, though it does make her realise stuff she's been too blind to see, from having it all so up close and personal.
In fact, @awareness, we've been seeing interact with her other classmates a lot too. She ends up thinking about Hotaru like all the time lol. I feel like it'll blow up in her face (socially) and they'll be outted or something really dramatic and unpleasant, perhaps forcing the two to actually talk about it/confront the reality of wtf is going on between them.

last edited at May 25, 2017 2:15PM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I feel the suffering

joined May 25, 2017

why am I still reading this, every chapter always leaves me feeling like I've just been punched in the stomach

then the next chapter comes out and I think maybe things will start getting better!

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

why am I still reading this, every chapter always leaves me feeling like I've just been punched in the stomach

then the next chapter comes out and I think maybe things will start getting better!

You're reading it incorrectly. It's meant to be enjoyed from a distance, where you can simply admire the absurd twists in their bizarre and unhealthy relationship without getting emotionally invested in the characters.

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anime PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUs23olVOI

I'm going to be a little dramatic/pathetic so here i go..... YURI IS DEAD and NTR MURDERED IT THERE IS NO GOD IM CONVERTING TO HOMUISM RIGHT NOW thanks for listenting

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Anime PV

I'm going to be a little dramatic/pathetic so here i go..... YURI IS DEAD and NTR MURDERED IT THERE IS NO GOD IM CONVERTING TO HOMUISM RIGHT NOW thanks for listenting

DAMN IT, I THOUGHT U WERE A FELLOW KUMARIAN. Gr8, now I have trust issue.

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anime PV

DAMN IT, I THOUGHT U WERE A FELLOW KUMARIAN. Gr8, now I have trust issue.

KUMA SHOCK, I GUESS ILL GO CONVERT AGAIN

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Anime PV

Finally! I can't say I'm disappointed. It does give the whole dark vibe which is what I liked from NTR. Although the art is not that great imo. Their faces look altered but that's to be expected since it's different artists working on the designs than the author. Kinda seems a bit rushed.

Their voices are ok, although I'd like a less moe voice for Hotaru. But since the anime was announced I had this strong feeling her voice would sound exactly like that lol.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Anime PV

End My Suffering

last edited at May 26, 2017 8:09AM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Anime PV

Ugh Hotaru's voice sounds annoying.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Anime PV

This is so bad, it's good :P

joined Jun 11, 2016

Anime PV

This is so bad, it's good :P

Tfw you laugh at how bad this manga is but then you realize it's getting an anime adaption.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Always kind of baffled by the people who hate this series so much, but are still so endlessly obsessed with it.

joined May 25, 2017

Always kind of baffled by the people who hate this series so much, but are still so endlessly obsessed with it.

I probably fit into this category. I even read some comments about the latest chapter hating on it and almost decided not to read it. I think its because it feels like it has been the same drama repeated for a large amount of the story. Its like you feel like you know how it will (or hope) it will end, but it is taking the most convoluted way imaginable to get there. Also out of the four main characters, one is clearly detestable, one is reasonably so, and another is almost just getting in the way. It gets compared to Citrus a lot, and I feel at least with that series, although it also has drama for drama's sake, at least the characters are nice.

With Citrus it feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back (It didn't use to be like this imo, i think recently its improved)
For this it feels like 1 step forward, but then get thrown backwards and kicked on the floor (as i said i probably fit into the category of 'endlessly obsessed').

Still, can't wait to see how angry the next chapter makes me!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Some like to rage. Some like to hate. Others are just masochists. & I'm only a spectator of all these.

joined Jun 11, 2016

You got me, I am obsessed with this series. That should've been obvious seeing how I'm so insanely active in this discussion. Practically 50% of my activity on this site is dedicated to commenting here!

last edited at May 26, 2017 8:31PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

PV looks alright. Honestly, I can't imagine how they could fuck this up so badly that I wouldn't watch it. It's just so entertaining.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

why would you be baffled still? This happen with every bad manga on this site.

To reply you must either login or sign up.