Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined May 6, 2018

She's getting mentioned the most because Paradise just literally finished getting published. That doesn't mean she's the most popular lol.

Besides, most readers of WDTFS who are Sungji/Sumin fans aren't gonna read a Seju-centered story you know, and that leaves for the Seju's vocal minority of fans to discuss about her.

Show me the evidence or you're literally lying.

I said if you’re willing to SPEND TIME doing some RESEARCH, you seemed to ignore the poll which is the most important factor I mentioned as well. There’s no need to explain more if you already had a conclusion of whom has most fans without making a bit efforts to dig deeper into each fandom to see if it’s truly this certain character that got more or less fans than the other. Furthermore, the fact that you’re so quick to jump into the assumption that I’m lying makes me quite speechless.

Find out it here yourself: https://ask.fm/gyeomji

Again, I’m just saying, it really is not that important to know who’s more or most popular.

joined Apr 25, 2018

And this nonsense about the other poster’s identity is between you two, but of course two entirely different people can think (and therefore argue) much the same things about a story independently of one another.

Nah, I'm pretty good at identifying how a person construct their sentences and how they come off through just the way they type. Person has a habit of going on a sudden long rant about how they mistreated Seju and how it wasn't her fault too. matsuri_wins is literally yoonie lol.

Why hasn’t sunbaenim been banned yet? Where is drpepper when you need him

Another new account...hmmm, perhaps you're also... or you're the other "B" who's so obsessed reporting people lmao.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Not once when I read the story that I ever wanted Sumin and Seju to be the end game. Even after seeing those sweet innocent memories of their past in Paradise doesn't change my mind.

Seju was clingy and possessive. Sumin seems to have an inferiority complex. They're not truly compatible with one another. Assuming the shitstorm never happened in the past, those two would have bound to run into an issue somewhere down the line that could break them apart. As we have seen, neither of them are good at communicating and solving their problems.

I don't have anything against Sumin. I actually like the young, naive version of Sumin, who was adorable and caring towards Seju in the past. I dislike the angry resentful woman she became after the cheating incident, who keep using her ex as a rebound whenever she break up with a new girl. Glad Sungji broke the cycle and made her become a better person. I'm confident if those two run into a problem in the future, they can sort it out.

Seriously, cant wait for the next side story. My wishlist: Seju smiling and laughing again, meaningful conversations between her and Dowon, Nami showing up to troll her, beautiful scenery at the beach, most importantly passionate love scenes.

joined Apr 25, 2018

She's getting mentioned the most because Paradise just literally finished getting published. That doesn't mean she's the most popular lol.

Besides, most readers of WDTFS who are Sungji/Sumin fans aren't gonna read a Seju-centered story you know, and that leaves for the Seju's vocal minority of fans to discuss about her.

Show me the evidence or you're literally lying.

I said if you’re willing to SPEND TIME doing some RESEARCH, you seemed to ignore the poll which is the most important factor I mentioned as well. There’s no need to explain more if you already had a conclusion of whom has most fans without making a bit efforts to dig deeper into each fandom to see if it’s truly this certain character that got more or less fans than the other. Furthermore, the fact that you’re so quick to jump into the assumption that I’m lying makes me quite speechless.

Where is the poll???? If you're gonna link me to an irrelevant poll,with only few voters, nevermind. Now if it's something official or like, there are numerous total votes. I'd like to see it. And it's hella obvious that Sumin and Sungji are the most popular lol, what are you even trying to imply here.

Find out it here yourself: https://ask.fm/gyeomji

I can't read korean, mate. Which is the post?

Again, I’m just saying, it really is not that important to know who’s more or most popular.

Yeah, it's Sumin and Sungji.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 3:51PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

matsuri_wins legit has the same arguments as yoonie, dd, ee although they're just trying to make a little subtle by making such fake concern about Sungji and the eventual blame on Sumin. I got to argue with yoonie (and their alt accounts which they admitted to be theirs) and ,matsuri sounds alot like them.

yoonie, matsuri_wins and I can't be the same person. The obvious is that we don't even like the same charecter. Seeing that Sumin x Sungji will end up breaking is not that hard.

Is it right to say that the way Sumin treating Seju defines Sumin? There was no sign of her being revengeful towards any of her other exes. Redhead hurt her a lot too, but she did nothing to hurt her back. It's not like it was impossible for her to plot a revenge on redhead considering the fact that redhead still wanted her. Hadn't her life been not normal mainly thanks to Seju?

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Wow this thread is still going? It’s been a while since the series ended.

Also I don’t get why people are fighting about who’s good and who’s in the wrong. To me, this was a work made to show that people are in the “gray” area.

Meaning, everyone makes mistakes, has positive and negative qualities, and they cannot really be defined as black or white.

In other words, this is a healing drama where people learn to forgive and forget or whatever.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Hey Blastaar i just want to say you pretty much hit the nail on the head about the writing, you vocalized a lot about the writing and story structure that i had similar thoughts about but could never find the mental stamina to write.

TG really need some constructive criticism about how they put the story together (amongst other things) before they start on a new IP.

I was hooked on the story for the first 50 chapters or so but then it started to drag out and some of the drama felt unnecessary.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 5:18PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

In other words, this is a healing drama where people learn to forgive and forget or whatever.

Finally, someone who gets it. I agree with everything you said.

But people interpret things differently and I get why they sympathized with Seju so much.

Seju is heavily emphasized as a tragic figure. But after seeing a glimpse of Sumin’s parents and her relationship with them, with how caring Sumin’s mother is with her and supportive her father is in regards to her ‘friendship’ with Seju it’s easy to understand why Sumin loved them so much and it makes her loss much more profound.

Maybe TG’s paying attention to the comments and that’s why the backstories include even more insight to the characters and their relationships.

Paradise is short and precise. It sums up Sumin and Seju’s relationship prior to the drama in a way that highlights their flaws while depicting what they were willing to endure for each other.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I still don’t know who yoonie is but looks like some people here are really defensive about their OTP.

Anyway it’s pretty obvious Seju is the most loved character, otherwise the continuation story would be “Sumin & Sungji Hot Adventures” and not a story focused on Seju literally called “One” where apparently Sumin and Sungji will be nowhere to be seen. Let’s face it, they are so healthy now that they will soon start having lesbian bed death due to lack of romantic adrenaline. shudders

BTW I was not joking about the poly ending to the story, it would have been amazing and ended 500 pages of discussion with a sexy threesome and everybody happy. As the saying goes, the only thing that threesomes solve is everything :D I actually hoped it would happen when Seju moved to Sumin’s place and Sungji and her started being friendly, too bad Seju’s father screwed it up again by dying. What a bummer.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 8:42PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

I still don’t know who yoonie is but looks like some people here are really defensive about their OTP.

Yoonie, you on the other hand is bitter as hell that your prefered endgame didnt happen lol

Anyway it’s pretty obvious Seju is the most loved character, otherwise the continuation story would be “Sumin & Sungji Hot Adventures” and not a story focused on Seju literally called “One” where apparently Sumin and Sungji will be nowhere to be seen. Let’s face it, they are so healthy now that they will soon start having lesbian bed death due to lack of romantic adrenaline. shudders

Nah.

Sumin and Sungji's story is over. There's no more story to be told about their lovestory that's why we get Seju's story. It has nothing to do with popularity lol because we all know Sumingji are more popular. Lol, and here you go again with jealousy thaf Sumin and Sungji have a healthy sex life, yoonie. Dont worry, Seju will have one too and it's with the person who is rightfully for her.

BTW I was not joking about the poly ending to the story, it would have been amazing and ended 500 pages of discussion with a sexy threesome and everybody happy. As the saying goes, the only thing that threesomes solve is everything :D I actually hoped it would happen when Seju moved to Sumin’s place and Sungji and her started being friendly, too bad Seju’s father screwed it up again by dying. What a bummer.

You need help. SejuMin ain't happening lmao. Threesome ain't gonna solve anything especially when two people as toxic as Sejumin is involved together in some way. Let it go, mate.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 11:43PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

@sunbaenim: I have been trying to have a legitimate discussion and give my opinions about this series that I have only recently gotten into. You on the other hand, have been shutting people down by personally attacking them and now even saying I am someone I am not.

I am assuming you don’t want me to get aggressive and cause you to be banned. So from now on, let’s agree that you don’t respond to any of my messages and neither will I reply to yours. As I have nothing constructive and polite to say to you.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Paradise is short and precise. It sums up Sumin and Seju’s relationship prior to the drama in a way that highlights their flaws while depicting what they were willing to endure for each other.

Finished Paradise now also. The ending was brilliant.

My take:

1. Ok so many people wrote that Seju was “clingy, possessive, jealous” that I thought it was something serious. I mean...I gotta ask: have people here dated a variety of women? Lol because what was shown in the story definitely is categorized as “clingy, possessive and jealous” but is mild, well within normal levels! And for someone with Seju’s background of insecurity it doesn’t even match, I truly expected to be wayyy worse. The issue that did make it a problem, however, was that Sumin was weak in imposing boundaries and quick to assume that the way to make Seju secure was to “need only Seju”.

2. Sumin was a normal girl with normal feelings. That means she said many deep things that had that intensity of a young person, but were not truly meant. She was the one who kept promising “forever” to Seju and so on, as young people do, but you can tell she was already very dissatisfied with their dynamic which she had no idea how to change. The relationship was going downhill without Seju’s knowledge: Sumin was in my opinion not 100% into it anymore, she already had a resentment festering there because she wasn’t strong enough to “tame” Seju’s insecurity, but Seju was still 100% (or a 1000%) into her by the time the tragedy with the parents happened.

3. That explains a lot of why Sumin was quick to blame Seju for the loss of her parents and then take revenge etc. The intensity of it was just much more than a normal person because of the torture situation of course. Basically she already had an initial resentment from being “constrained” by Seju’s jealousy (when it was more her reaction to the jealousy that was the problem). The resentment was only fed more and more.

4. The part I don’t like about Sumin’s personality was shown to be always there. She rejected her best friend in a cruel manner by ignoring her. If she likes the girl great, if she doesn’t she is OK with treating her like crap.

5. The final scene tells us pretty much all we need to know...Sumin became smitten by Seju and started talking to her because of a fake smile that was forced by Seju’s brother. Talk about metaphor. Sumin never understood Seju on any level, and she was unaware of it actually even till the end of the main story. Like she didn’t even know what she didn’t know about this person she spent 17 years around. Seju was only marginally better, in that she actually was aware she didn’t understand Sumin so tried to give her what she needed (waited for sex, be sweeter, etc) but failed at it often due to her insecurities taking over.

Anyway so this was a relationship that was going to be rocky regardless because of strong personality differences. The tragedy only made it rockier. Now it doesn’t mean the intense willingness to love wasn’t there, as Seju says in the end. So there’s only 2 paths possible to the story:

1. One is final story, Seju meets new person, lives happily ever after. More likely, less epic.

2. Seju heals in One, Sumin matures while she is away. If Team GJ really wanted to write a 4th story, Sungji and Sumin break up for natural reasons (it’s Sungji’s first relationship after all) and once Seju comes back from the villa, they end up getting back together now as mature adults. Less likely but at this point I prefer that route.

joined Apr 25, 2018

Anyway so this was a relationship that was going to be rocky regardless because of strong personality differences. The tragedy only made it rockier. Now it doesn’t mean the intense willingness to love wasn’t there, as Seju says in the end. So there’s only 2 paths possible to the story:

1. One is final story, Seju meets new person, lives happily ever after. More likely, less epic.

2. Seju heals in One, Sumin matures while she is away. If Team GJ really wanted to write a 4th story, Sungji and Sumin break up for natural reasons (it’s Sungji’s first relationship after all) and once Seju comes back from the villa, they end up getting back together now as mature adults. Less likely but at this point I prefer that route.

Jfc, and now you're still wishing for One to be about SejuMin getting back together when it's clearly about Seju MOVING ON to someone better for her and that's DOWON. You don't stop grasping at straws to fulfill your fantasy lmfao. You're acting as if Sungji and Sumin will fail in the future and Seju coming back would make a difference. Sungji and Sumin are the yin and yang-- they complete each other. Sumin getting back together with someone who doesn't complement her and vice versa is destined to fail no matter what. Your number 2 scenario is not just "less likely", it's an IMPOSSIBILITY.

Move on, yoonie. Sejumin ain't happening ever again.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 11:02AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

sunbaenim, given that matsuri_wins has made their wishes to disengage clear, and has so far followed through, I'm insisting at this point you do the same. You have either not bothered to read their post, or did and chose to disrespect one of your fellow users simply because you're looking to keep arguing with them, and I'm not on board with that.

Further, take your theories about who they are elsewhere. This is not the place for it.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Sumin was together with Seju for what, 7 years? People in high school lasting with someone for that long of a time is essentially a miracle. She was prepared to give Seju forever and she probably would have if tragedies didn’t occur.

I don’t know where the inference that Sumin is resentful/unhappy during this stage of their relationship is coming from. She starts to put up a wall against others entirely for Seju’s sake because Seju got hurt and jealous over the fact she shared a celebratory hug with someone else. She even jokes with Seju that she wishes her parents would stay in America for longer, meaning she wants to be alone with Seju for longer.

Sumin also doesn’t stop envisioning her future with Seju.

True she might not understand Seju but her coming home when Seju asks and her limiting her interactions with others is Sumin’s way of making Seju happy. She doesn’t doesn’t snap at Seju or anything of the sort, instead giving into Seju’s wishes.

What does make me wonder is why Seju aks if Sumin wants her to ask her father about her parents trip. Does that mean Seju’s father has something to do with the one month trip to America? I mean... I know I said Sumin’s dad was supportive about their friendship but I remember Sumin’s mom being suspicious when he says they’re having dinner out the night Seju was coming over. Maybe Seju’s father had talked to him.

Sumin rejecting her friend was a mercy. It’s so hard to get over someone if they’re a constant in your life. She basically says that they can be friends again when Sunhwa gets over her. Plus, she had chosen Seju because Seju had chosen to stay for her.

And for all the talk of Sumin being indecisive, she was clearly determined to let her friend go and find happiness.

Sumin and Seju were both so young when they got together, both entirely too immature to handle each other’s insecurities, and that’s essentially what Paradise is about.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Sumin was together with Seju for what, 7 years? People in high school lasting with someone for that long of a time is essentially a miracle. She was prepared to give Seju forever and she probably would have if tragedies didn’t occur.

Right, so I agree with you that she was very serious about the relationship for a normal person. The issue though, is that she was making such promises to Seju, for whom such promises became a reason for living. I am not sure Sumin ever realized the real impact of these promises on Seju's life. I mean if she did, then her actions later in the series are even more terrible.

I don’t know where the inference that Sumin is resentful/unhappy during this stage of their relationship is coming from. She starts to put up a wall against others entirely for Seju’s sake because Seju got hurt and jealous over the fact she shared a celebratory hug with someone else. She even jokes with Seju that she wishes her parents would stay in America for longer, meaning she wants to be alone with Seju for longer.

I think saying she was resentful might be too strong a word but I got the impression she wasn't fully happy. When someone tells themselves stuff like "I can handle that much", etc as she did this is a sign of lack of satisfaction. So yeah she was totally in love with Seju, but the point is that she wasn't 100% happy with the relationship itself. Which ties to my next point...

Sumin also doesn’t stop envisioning her future with Seju.

True she might not understand Seju but her coming home when Seju asks and her limiting her interactions with others is Sumin’s way of making Seju happy. She doesn’t doesn’t snap at Seju or anything of the sort, instead giving into Seju’s wishes.

It would have been better if she did snap. Seju needed boundaries, and to learn her gf won't abandon her just because she went out with friends. That means telling her no sometimes right? Sumin is yet to evolve, in my opinion, from being essentially a passive-aggressive doormat.

She was pursued by Seju, she was pursued by Sungji, and then she could never decide anything. Seju made the decision to leave out of her own accord after an avalanche of passive-aggressive remarks from Sumin mixed in with jealousy attacks and "I still love you". I mean, WUT. Maybe it's just me but I feel like Sumin's character arc is not yet complete (or might just be poor writing). She "healed" in the sense that she can feel love again sure, but I don't think she became a better person so to speak. In contrast, Seju's decision to leave, preferring to spare her love from pain even if she has to be alone, was a major evolution to her character.

What does make me wonder is why Seju aks if Sumin wants her to ask her father about her parents trip. Does that mean Seju’s father has something to do with the one month trip to America? I mean... I know I said Sumin’s dad was supportive about their friendship but I remember Sumin’s mom being suspicious when he says they’re having dinner out the night Seju was coming over. Maybe Seju’s father had talked to him.

I think Sumin's dad was working for Seju's dad. He was a director at the company. My impression is that the parents all knew they were in a relationship by the time of the trip to America and it wasn't a big deal.

Sumin rejecting her friend was a mercy. It’s so hard to get over someone if they’re a constant in your life. She basically says that they can be friends again when Sunhwa gets over her. Plus, she had chosen Seju because Seju had chosen to stay for her.

Well, no. Very similar to what she did to Seju actually, she knew she had to draw a "line" but failed to do so, instead held the girl's hands, behaved date-like and etc until the girl was literally running after her like a nutcase. Then she decided to tell her to piss off lol That's not mercy to me...

Sumin and Seju were both so young when they got together, both entirely too immature to handle each other’s insecurities, and that’s essentially what Paradise is about.

I think Paradise is also about how their love runs deep, and the breakup and toxic aftermath was circumstantial rather than caused by, say, Seju being a kind of abuser which is what I legit thought when I started reading the story. I wonder where Team GJ plans to take this. I confess I started reading this thing thinking Sungji was the main character and it was going to be "blondie meets older office lady who happens to have an evil ex gf", then was completely taken aback by how the story evolved.

As a last point, I can't help but feel SungjixSumin can't realistically last unless Sumin never "wakes up" to what happened and has a moment of serious self-reflection. I suppose it depends on whether the story is about "Sumin and Seju have toxic relationship and heal separately" or "Sumin and Seju have crazy love story full of twists and turns". But whatever it is about, it's not about Sungji that's for sure :P So it was bait and switch.

joined Apr 25, 2018

As a last point, I can't help but feel SungjixSumin can't realistically last unless Sumin never "wakes up" to what happened and has a moment of serious self-reflection. I suppose it depends on whether the story is about "Sumin and Seju have toxic relationship and heal separately" or "Sumin and Seju have crazy love story full of twists and turns". But whatever it is about, it's not about Sungji that's for sure :P So it was bait and switch.

Still grasping at straws. The delusion is real lmao. Sejumin ain't happening ever again. They are literally poison to each other. Sungji and Sumin are in happy, healthy and stable relationship. They are clearly never breaking up. Move on.

It's also hella disturbing that you find it unrealistic for Sumingji to last yet you find Sejumin getting back together realistic. One is healthy while the latter is naturally a chaotic mess of toxicity- circumstancial or not because personality and attitude matters. Seriously, I pray for your own relationships because.... yikes. The mental gymnastics from you never ends.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 9:33PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Looking forward to anim8tur's counterpoints. Just read the side story finally as i have been putting it off till it was finished. Was a bit underwhelming and the translation i read was kinda bad.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, since sunbaenim can't be bothered to help themselves, and managed to be insulting in the process, they're taking some enforced time off.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 10:07PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Right, so I agree with you that she was very serious about the relationship for a normal person. The issue though, is that she was making such promises to Seju, for whom such promises became a reason for living. I am not sure Sumin ever realized the real impact of these promises on Seju's life. I mean if she did, then her actions later in the series are even more terrible.

She was prepared to follow through. Do we forget that Seju had pissed her off but she still went the next day with flowers, ready to reconcile? She was still willing to go through her promise of forever, especially since she realized Seju really was all she had, but then Seju was with someone else.

I think saying she was resentful might be too strong a word but I got the impression she wasn't fully happy. When someone tells themselves stuff like "I can handle that much", etc as she did this is a sign of lack of satisfaction. So yeah she was totally in love with Seju, but the point is that she wasn't 100% happy with the relationship itself. Which ties to my next point...

I took the “I can handle that much” as meaning that “It’s not a big deal.” since Sumin declares all she needs is Seju.

If she were totally unhappy then she would have no problem expressing it. That’s essentially her character. When she’s pushed she does snap. She did it when her parents died and she did it with Sunhwa.

It would have been better if she did snap. Seju needed boundaries, and to learn her gf won't abandon her just because she went out with friends. That means telling her no sometimes right? Sumin is yet to evolve, in my opinion, from being essentially a passive-aggressive doormat.

She doesn’t snap at Seju because she’s happy with the way things are. She likes being Seju’s only person and that’s why she also makes Seju her only person as well.

She doesn’t crave space from Seju. Sumin cuts herself off from the world rather easily. She distances herself from her high school friends and barely talks to anyone in college. She even jokes about her parents staying in America longer because Sumin likes the bubble that they’re in.

I keep saying that both her and Seju don’t grow out of that beginning phase in a relationship where you shut yourself out from the rest of the world.

She was pursued by Seju, she was pursued by Sungji, and then she could never decide anything. Seju made the decision to leave out of her own accord after an avalanche of passive-aggressive remarks from Sumin mixed in with jealousy attacks and "I still love you". I mean, WUT. Maybe it's just me but I feel like Sumin's character arc is not yet complete (or might just be poor writing). She "healed" in the sense that she can feel love again sure, but I don't think she became a better person so to speak. In contrast, Seju's decision to leave, preferring to spare her love from pain even if she has to be alone, was a major evolution to her character.

But Sumin made the decision to leave Seju first. Sungji didn’t make her and God knows Seju would never have made her do it.

Sumin quit, gave back the car, tried to buy the apartment off of Seju. She was the one who tried to break the cycle. Sumin was the one who initiated a legitimate conversation with Seju (a coversation that if they had before Sungji came into the picture would have probably helped repair their relationship) because she was prepared to leave. Seju wouldn’t let her go at the time.

Also, Sumin bought her and Sungji rings. She decided that they were serious enough for matching jewelry.

And she rebuffed all Seju’s advances towards her, even when she let Seju live at the apartment, meaning she had ultimately made a choice and it was Sungji.

The definite sign that Sumin had grown up though was that she didn’t get angry at Seju even though Seju confessed that she called Sungji up to her office for them to get caught. Sumin doesn’t place even more blame on Seju because she knows it won’t do good anyway.

I think Sumin's dad was working for Seju's dad. He was a director at the company. My impression is that the parents all knew they were in a relationship by the time of the trip to America and it wasn't a big deal.

I know that but a month off for a director of a company seems excessive. Especially a month long trip to America. So it makes me think strings were pulled.

Well, no. Very similar to what she did to Seju actually, she knew she had to draw a "line" but failed to do so, instead held the girl's hands, behaved date-like and etc until the girl was literally running after her like a nutcase. Then she decided to tell her to piss off lol That's not mercy to me...

There was a chapter where Seju asks to holds Sumin’s hand because she herself claims that it’s not a big deal because she sees other girls are doing it in Sumin’s school.

Girls platonically hold hands all the time. It’s clear that Sumin and Sunhwa have been friends for a while so they might have engaged in innocent hand holding before.

Sunhwa was not feeling well. She only wanted to celebrate her birthday at the Amusement park because she knew Sumin would enjoy it. Sumin saw that she was kind of dizzy from the ride and tried to hold her steady but Sunhwa brushed her aside. Sumin assumes Sunhwa’s still mad so she offers her hand as a gesture of friendship.

Sumin probably doesn’t think it’s a bad idea to hold her friends hand and Seju’s jealousy hadn’t made itself known here yet so she didn’t see what’s wrong with what she was doing.

Especially since I don’t think Sumin realized how much Sunhwa liked her until the Ferris wheel ride when Sunhwa kept comparing her relationship with Sumin to that of Sumin and Seju’s especially after Sunhwa had led with asking if Seju and Sumin were dating.

Yeah Sumin said she liked her but Sunhwa ran away before Sumin could properly explain herself because Sumin realized how it sounded.

And Sumin stated that they could be friends again after Sunhwa stopped liking her. In Sumin’s mind she’s doing a good thing for her friend because like Sunhwa says, Sumin does care about her. She could see that seeing her and Seju was hurting Sunhwa so she wanted her friend to move on.

These girls were teenagers dealing with love issues for the first time. They’re all acting on instinct and high on their emotions. They all have trouble expressing theirselves through words.

I think Paradise is also about how their love runs deep, and the breakup and toxic aftermath was circumstantial rather than caused by, say, Seju being a kind of abuser which is what I legit thought when I started reading the story. I wonder where Team GJ plans to take this. I confess I started reading this thing thinking Sungji was the main character and it was going to be "blondie meets older office lady who happens to have an evil ex gf", then was completely taken aback by how the story evolved.

Honestly, after meeting Sunhwa, I kind of want her and Sumin to end up together.

Like imagine if Sungji never came to work for the company so Sumin and Sungji never meet. Sumin and Sunhwa see each other again and Sunhwa pursues Sumin.

And then Seju meets Sungji at the company she just purchased after she let Sumin go....

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 11:28PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

She doesn’t snap at Seju because she’s happy with the way things are. She likes being Seju’s only person and that’s why she also makes Seju her only person as well.

She doesn’t crave space from Seju. Sumin cuts herself off from the world rather easily. She distances herself from her high school friends and barely talks to anyone in college. She even jokes about her parents staying in America longer because Sumin likes the bubble that they’re in.

I keep saying that both her and Seju don’t grow out of that beginning phase in a relationship where you shut yourself out from the rest of the world.

But Sumin made the decision to leave Seju first. Sungji didn’t make her and God knows Seju would never have made her do it.

Sumin quit, gave back the car, tried to buy the apartment off of Seju. She was the one who tried to break the cycle. Sumin was the one who initiated a legitimate conversation with Seju (a coversation that if they had before Sungji came into the picture would have probably helped repair their relationship) because she was prepared to leave. Seju wouldn’t let her go at the time.

Also, Sumin bought her and Sungji rings. She decided that they were serious enough for matching jewelry.

And she rebuffed all Seju’s advances towards her, even when she let Seju live at the apartment, meaning she had ultimately made a choice and it was Sungji.

The definite sign that Sumin had grown up though was that she didn’t get angry at Seju even though Seju confessed that she called Sungji up to her office for them to get caught. Sumin doesn’t place even more blame on Seju because she knows it won’t do good anyway.

I agree with all your bunch of points above, very convincing (being non-ironic btw). I still do think she was too much on the mistreating/passive-aggressive side though, in the sense that she wasn't kind to Seju, obviously not during the 10 years and also not after she realized she still has feelings. I don't know, maybe I'm too sensitive about this but I can't talk to girls like that. There would be ways of being more direct and kind about the whole thing.

I know that but a month off for a director of a company seems excessive. Especially a month long trip to America. So it makes me think strings were pulled.

Are you saying you think it was murder? Lol not impossible tbh

Honestly, after meeting Sunhwa, I kind of want her and Sumin to end up together.

Like imagine if Sungji never came to work for the company so Sumin and Sungji never meet. Sumin and Sunhwa see each other again and Sunhwa pursues Sumin.

And then Seju meets Sungji at the company she just purchased after she let Sumin go....

That would have been pretty awesome. I genuinely liked Sungji's childhood friend also. Pair the spares xD

joined Apr 3, 2019

Cry as much as you want but Sumingji lasting very long is realistic, otp or not.

Let's say that it can last 17 years like Sumin x Seju relationship.

joined Mar 21, 2017

^why do you call people you disagree with "yoonie?" Is that a new slur I am unfamiliar with?

It was the user name of an active poster on here a few years back.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Cry as much as you want but Sumingji lasting very long is realistic, otp or not.

Let's say that it can last 17 years like Sumin x Seju relationship.

I wouldn't call a toxic relationship involving several partners an actual relationship tho lmao. Try again, yoonie.

This is getting annoying though. I do not know what kind of relationship you have with yoonie. All I could guess is that you got dumped by yoonie.

I agree that Sumin x Sungji will last long. Just "long".

joined Apr 3, 2019

Oh, didn't you admit in a post that you also own this account, yoonie?

Hah?

To reply you must either login or sign up.