Forum › Posts by eee

joined Apr 3, 2019

I thought Sunhwa had passed away before Sumin's parents had the accident, and that was the answer to why she couldn't be there for Sumin during her depressed time. But it's not. Now, it seems like the events in the story are not well connected. I do not really get what the story is telling.

joined Apr 3, 2019

So, the characters in wdtfs can talk. I thought they would just make up right after making hot scenes under the water.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Are Seju and her Won Ah going to be eaten by sharks? I'm scared to read the next chapter.

joined Apr 3, 2019
  1. Sumin is kind of realistic, and a kind of person I'm familiar with.
  2. Seju is good sugar mommy material. Let's try to deal with her for financial reason. The other characters are a little too fictional. Can't rank them.
joined Apr 3, 2019

Are you saying young Sumin, Sungji and now Dowon are NOT the same person? They seem exactly the same to me lol As I said in a previous post, Team GJ has only 2 characters in their stories, Nice (Pushover) Girl and Cold (Mean) Girl.

Sungji and young Sumin are different imo. One is childish, boring and stupid. The other is innocent, pitiful and soft-hearted. I don't think we can write the same "Paradise" story with Seju x Sungji.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro.

Since they called at night time, I would guess it's about something more serious.

It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

Dowon is kinda a helpless character imo. At first, I found her boring since she was like Sungji 2.0. Now, I find her pitiful since it seems she is just another young Sumin.

joined Apr 3, 2019

This series is milked to no end omg. Wonder if that call is going to be related to Won's ex now.

If this story were longer, I would want it to be a call from someone informing about Dowon's parents' death. Just wanna see if Seju has learned something.

joined Apr 3, 2019

This "Won-ah, Won-ah, ...", turned me off. It reminded me of when Sungji kept on calling Sumin "Darling, Darling, ", but it's worse.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I was afraid that pacing will be too fast and it happened. Because of that I think some people will feel that relationships go to another level kind of out nowhere.

About the pacing, I think I'm already used to it by now since it's been too fast since the beginning. I can get the logic of their relationship development from Seju's point of view, but not from Dowon's. Since when did she become Seju's puppy?

joined Apr 3, 2019

I knew that Seju's story wasn't well written, but I never expected it to be this bad.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I would guess that wdtfs will end with a Seju's smiling scene that makes Seju fans burst out crying out of joy.

Edit: not wdtfs, I meant this side story.

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 11:03PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

I predict it’s not gonna be more than 20 chapters, maybe not even 15. There isn’t much that can happen from now on: she will help Dowon recover, she has already called her “Dowon-ah” to indicate they are emotionally connected now etc lol maybe the bro will die, because he is now the villain. But not by Dowon’s hands, because that would make her bad.

Yeah, I also see that the story is ending soon. Maybe three more chapters should be enough because as you have said, there is not much story left to tell, and we can already see their emotional connection. So, it's Seju x Dowon endgame, the most predictable ending.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I'm wondering why the author didn't develop Seju x Dowon relationship from here first rather than going straight to Seju trusting / opening up to Dowon. Is it because the author had to give fans fan services asap.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Has the brother gotten poorer or something? Instead of hiring an assassin, he came by himself to murder Seju. I know the author had to let us know who killed Seju's mom, but that's kinda funny.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Did I ever say I list out all the reasons for anyone to like Dowon? I only gave proofs why Seju is interested in her, all the little things have happened in the story that other folks point out, not my feelings for anything.

Also, all the possibilities that Dowon is acting/ playing games with Seju/ or even the assassin in disguise that want to kill her lol have come across my mind, BUT, these aren't related to the reasons why Seju finds her attractive at all. I hope you understand that :)

I think if we could find Dowon likable / trustworthy enough, we would find it believable as to why Seju couldn't resist it. I thought you tried to justify Seju's action this way, but you just wanted to tell what the story was telling. The author said so, so that's it.

joined Apr 3, 2019

@eee Are you slow or just stupid?

YO415, how shameless of you to ask me that!

joined Apr 3, 2019

I think it would be a little wrong to say Seju could do what she’s doing with Won with anyone else during these 10 years. As I said above, you could have taken time to wonder all the reasons hidden behind it which many folks have also mentioned.

• Won is totally Seju’s type: young, beautiful, cold on the outside but warm in the inside (chapter 4, 9), not to mention she’s a combination of “muscular + cute” which we can easily find in Sumin’s cuteness and the bartender’s figure (it was not even a mistake lol)

• Won is acting totally different from other people approaching Seju. She never crossed a line, only staying there to do her job, and their first talk beside the pool where Seju was expecting Won to insult her and see her as a bad person like any other people but Won was just like “Why should I do that?”. How can a businesswoman who have met all kinds of people like Seju couldn’t know if Won was actually looking down on her or not? So she opened up a little more because she could see that Won was not doing harm to her.

• Won cares for Seju to the point that she has to say that she’s not familiar with it, with someone caring for her that much before. She lent Seju her shoulder for hours, she carried Seju up to 4th floor and didn’t have dirty thoughts for Seju while someone else in her shoes would go for a steamy sex right away. Seju had been using all her energy to be the active one, caring and supporting Sumin's mental state whenever she broke up with a gf, so it would only take seconds for Seju to feel touched when somebody cares and turns her to being passive. Her sudden and unintentional kindness let Seju find it easier to open up.

• Won seems like a challenge to her: since Seju did strongly say “There’s nothing I can’t do” while they were drinking, I guess Seju would find something more interesting if it keeps on challenging her. And indeed, Team Gaji did really well in showing that Won was the only person who can seem to resist Seju’s charm, status, and she didn’t even want to spill anything about her story, the reason why she also ran away, which triggered Seju's curiosity towards her. Her 2 steps forward then 1 step back is a good strategy to catch attention from a cautious one like Seju.

• And “There’s nothing I can’t do now” when she thought she’s gonna have sex with Won since Seju knows Sumin and her have come to the end. She could give herself a chance to be with somebody else freely now.

Many other reasons if you pay attention to little details. She couldn’t do the same with anybody else during these 10 years because as she said in chapter 4, nobody made her feel like she wanted to see them. That it’s been too long since she received the innocent kindness from somebody. We see Seju as a really strong character but the truth is inside she’s even weaker than a paper, she acted tough at first but if you give her candies she will smile at you. For example Nami used a wrong approach, but Won - a right approach.

Thinking that others not getting the points you have listed above is the reason why they still don't like Dowon is wrong. There also is a possibility that Dowon has been acting / playing mind games on Seju so that she could seduce / get close to her. Yet, it seems you already are
so sure that this character is meant to be with Seju no matter what, so you simply just ignore any possibility that doesn't make this character a prince charming. It's not strange for readers to read up to now and still don't trust Dowon yet. Anyway, it is also understandable that if you desperately want Seju to find someone new, or read the story just to see Seju getting a chance to throw her hot body on someone, there really is no doubt that you can trust Dowon this easily.

People don't like this couple, they preferred to see Seju dead or alone rather than back with Sumin.

@YO, are those people you? Please stop talking about yourself if I may ask.

joined Apr 3, 2019

@eee (or should say matsuri?) It's hilarious that people are willing to vote for Sejuxafuckingtree, rather that SejuxSumin lol. Fans dislike this couple so much.

I'm not anyone, but it's up to you to think whatever. If they did vote for this Sejuxafuckingtree, then it might be that they just desperately didn't want Seju to die single without a sexmate. I don't know how you could interpret it as that they disliked Sumin x Seju so much. What a baseless interpretation!

Also, the number of wdtfs readers is not that little. Which implies the obvious that there were many readers who didn't bother to vote. Taking those polls to the discussion is kinda stupid.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I would guess that those votes were from Seju lovers who desperately want Seju to be with any character other than Sumin, and those readers who simply just wanna see cute stuffs and hot scenes.

I wouldn't vote for any couple either since those likely were just people's favorite couples / baseless opinions. No matter how you look at it, Seju x Dowon winning the poll is hilarious. As a reader, there is no way you could know about Dowon enough to root for her and Seju that hard unless you have been adding your own things / fantasies into the manhwa, been reading your own version, or desperately just want Seju to have a bedmate lover.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 2:31PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

I think she was both obsessed with the love Sumin gave her (and became more so once Sumin started mistreating her, since she has a scarcity mindset caused by lack of family love), but also obsessed with Sumin herself. Her ways of showing care are just unusual, like purchasing stuff, because that's how she was shown love by her dad.

You can't say it was unusual if you do not have her usual ways to compare to. She was ready to leave Sumin when her family asked her to go study abroad though until Sumin confessed to her that she loved her. So, imo, what held her back was the word "love", not Sumin herself.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Imo, Seju’s feeling for Sumin isn't love either. I got the idea from reading the chapter where Nami made her cry.

Well let’s not get into a discussion of “what is love?” here. Specially because what people usually mean when they say something is not “love”, is that they are trying to disqualify whatever they think is not love, as “lesser”. Which is total bullshit of course. If I am so obsessed about a girl that I would kill or die for her for example, and pursue her relentlessly (not forcing contact but never getting tired of trying to please her, say ) is that love? Of course it is, in so far as I overwhelming desire to be with her, to protect her etc. You could say that’s stronger love than what someone else feels, if they would give up on that girl at the smallest sign of rejection or “danger” because they are “selfless”.But what if intense love also makes the person an overbearing, obsessed lover? And what if being a respectful selfless lover makes the person weak in defending their love in the face of obstacles? It’s not black and white.

I was not talking about the quality/amount of love. Seju lacks of love. It has appeared to me that she just needs one which can be any kind of love; not necessarily a romantic one. She was obsessed with the love Sumin gave her; not with Sumin per se imo.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I think again the issue is calling multiple types of feelings all the same thing, “love”. The reality is that Seju’s feeling for Sumin was not the same feeling as Sumin’s for Seju; which is not she same as Sungji’s for Sumin, and definitely not the same as Sumin’s for Sungji

Imo, Seju’s feeling for Sumin isn't love either. I got the idea from reading the chapter where Nami made her cry.

Yeah exactly a lot of people seem to think that the first person you fell in love with will be the person you end up with but that nearly never happens in real life.

Are those people Sungji or something? They sound as stupid as Sungji. Sorry Sungji fans.

joined Apr 3, 2019

It's been almost 2 years already, I think, since the last time I read the main story. As a result, I couldn't go into any detailed discussion anymore.

Not because she's a suitable partner for her. It was because of her feelings for Sungji that made her think their relationship will work out and try her best to maintain it.

Let me ask you a question. How could she still believe in her own feeling for someone considering the fact that she loved Seju and redhead for real and their relationships still ended up failing?

last edited at May 24, 2019 5:23AM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Actually for me, the biggest proof Sumin doesn’t love Sungji in the best way came at the very moment she told Seju, crying, that Sungji had left. The words used here are everything: she says Sungji was a good one, that she thought she could finally work out “with someone” this time etc. I’ve had friends telling me these exact words before. She sees Sungji as someone to place into the role of gf because she really wants one lol That’s the reason she picked Sungji, because she was ready to have a gf now and Sungji happened to be there so she was picked for the role.

I think after her breaking up with Seju, she has never truly loved any person yet. She just loves being in a relationship that can work out. She chose Sungji because she believed Sungji could give her that kind of relationship.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Can't believe it took Sumin more than 10 years to able to love someone like Sungji, lol. The part of describing their love is so shallow that I'm always having this thought: Man, does this need to be 10 years to have a Sungji? LOL, if Sumin is this easy to fall in love, 1 year is already enough for her to find a new "the love of her life".

It's the case for Seju now.

With Sumin, honestly, her development is just about going downfall. From a cool girl to person who I'm not so sure why she is the protagonist and why does she deserve to be healed in the first place?

She chased healing, so eventually she found one. You can't be healed just because you deserve it.