Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

hahahahha.. it was me who thinks that "too innocent" is barely a yuri.. but eh, GL is a much wider term (not officially, but this is at least how my brain archives things) . XD

Maybe WDTFS is one of the very few visual arts that skips the whole "let's talk about it, let's discuss the fact that we will sleep together" part too quick. It is just given that all girls in WDTFS are gay and comfortable with it till proven otherwise, i.e. Sungji's sister in law XD. (not even sure about glasses-ssi)

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

This thread is coming back to life!

joined Feb 4, 2017

I can't wrap my head around the idea that WDTFS reminds me of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a bit.. 10 years of separation, feelings denial, known each other since high school.. mostly an office setting.. etc XD but this one was much more messed up

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

^ Seju and Masamune are somewhat alike. The only big difference is, the latter had his happy ending xDDDD

joined Feb 4, 2017

^ Seju and Masamune are somewhat alike. The only big difference is, the latter had his happy ending xDDDD

hahahahahha.. I was also thinking about that.. buttt butttt Ritsu isn't a sex addict either. who am I to judge Sumin at this point XD

Edit;

in a matter of fact, I totally understand!! I mean how can you ever be exposed to a fine lady like Seju and not become a sex addict! it is like living next to a grill house and trying to become vegan, GOOD LUCK XD

last edited at Nov 25, 2017 4:02PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

t! it is like living next to a grill house and trying to become vegan

LOLLL but you know..if you work at McDonalds you will probably not want to eat that ever again....XDDDD
but..having said that...being a vegan is just...impossible LOLLL

joined Feb 4, 2017

t! it is like living next to a grill house and trying to become vegan

LOLLL but you know..if you work at McDonalds you will probably not want to eat that ever again....XDDDD
but..having said that...being a vegan is just...impossible LOLLL

Orange, already don't want to eat there as much as possible XDD hahahah I can even smell a McDonald's a mile away, argh!

Mac's smells is nowhere close to a serious grilling business over the block XDD think of all the beautiful rips melting in your mouth.. the sauce, the hot skin on top .. juciyyyy (same as Seju, but without the boobs XDD )
but I like vegans, they keep meat prices on check as the demands decreases and farmers would use less hormones.. hooray for VEGANS XDD
I love them till they start to be as evil and aggressive as religious groups

last edited at Nov 26, 2017 8:47AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Ah! They can eat the 16 assortments of tofu...hahahaha

LOLLLL

last edited at Nov 26, 2017 8:48AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah! They can eat the 16 assortments of tofu...hahahaha

LOLLLL

what a painful memory of my birthdayyy, NOOOOO

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Really off topic but it seems The love doctor has just ended also, everyone, and as expected that the main couple remains....the ending couple =))))))). I dropped this story long ago but I read the ending from other people. The third character, Yo-Ahn, just like Seju, ended up not being with the one she loves xDDDDD.

I still remember I liked this character more than the other two when I was still reading it xDDDDD. She is not as well-built as Seju but she has that "Seju-third-character" vibe. Not sure about her character development later on but this ending makes me wonder this though:

This ending, together with wdtfs's ending, I really wanna know when will Korean manhwa take their comic stories to go out of the norm for their ending? Japanese mangas have gone with "the antagonist goes protagonistic" a few times but Korean manhwa still seems to stick with fairy tale endings, lollll

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Wow, new chap is out and wow, its so hard to imagine two of them not together in the future with this side story.

God, their interactions are better than any of their scenes in the main series.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I bought the 94 in Eng and 95 in Korean.

Seju x Sumin is such a guilty pleasure. xDDD Damn it Team Gaji, I will always be bitter and thankful to you.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Some facts from this chap:

• Sumin's father worked for Seju's dad. He seems to be a manager or sth.
  • Gifts from rich high school girl are L.Vuiton, MontBlanc, anddddd Cartier, LOLLLL. Cartier for a high school girl. How I wish to be rich, LOL.
  • The novel that Sumin read,, its cover has Team Gaji as its author, as for the title, I cant read it since Sumin's hand kinda covered it, maybe this will be the title for their next short story
  • the best gift for a girl is underwear, LOLLL, an advice from a mother, LOLLLLL.
Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

These are just adding to my wounds. This probably will never heal. I'm fine with that tho.haha I won't let go of this ship. Ever. T.T

joined Jun 6, 2016

Seju x sumin is just freakin.... .......... #$(3))38#882

Let them be together again... I will take anything even if it would end up like “how i met your mother” series. Robin x ted

Sigh....

last edited at Nov 29, 2017 9:35AM

joined Nov 16, 2017

I just read that series in one go, was hooked.

Of course I was rooting for Seju all along and ended up bitter and disappointed. I remember at some point a "side girl" said "I'm fine with a threesome" before she got slapped into oblivion, but it pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole thing lel.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Even though Sumin and Sungji's love story unfold to our very eyes, I think there's no question that Seju and Sumin has better chemistry and their interaction feels more natural compared to the main couple. I don't really know but the main couple felt force because of the lack of their pov and the way, the story revolves more with Seju and Sumin's relationship. Sungji and Sumin just didnt create a believable drama between them. Sungji's boring backstory didnt help either.

joined Feb 8, 2016

so i've been busy since i just got a job recently and i haven't gotten to get back on this thread when the new chapter centered on seju came up. but i am stoked but at the same time still waiting because it seems like they're going to tell the story of seju n sumin's past first. i dunno about you guys, i find a young seju cute but i'm not looking forward to reading something we already know doesn't work out. so i'm waiting for the next follow up story where they fast forward to the present already.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Really off topic but it seems The love doctor has just ended also, everyone, and as expected that the main couple remains....the ending couple =))))))). I dropped this story long ago but I read the ending from other people. The third character, Yo-Ahn, just like Seju, ended up not being with the one she loves xDDDDD.

I still remember I liked this character more than the other two when I was still reading it xDDDDD. She is not as well-built as Seju but she has that "Seju-third-character" vibe. Not sure about her character development later on but this ending makes me wonder this though:

This ending, together with wdtfs's ending, I really wanna know when will Korean manhwa take their comic stories to go out of the norm for their ending? Japanese mangas have gone with "the antagonist goes protagonistic" a few times but Korean manhwa still seems to stick with fairy tale endings, lollll

true but i think i'm found of love doctor's ending better because they ended things neatly. but the biggest difference between Yo-ahn and seju is that Yo-ahn somehow was able to find happiness away from the previous love (blossoming romance or in friendship?). which i think was done a lot better than seju's end. i do feel like it needs work but the best thing about it though is that at the very least they established you rooting for the main couple. i can't help but still think i was a little forced into to accepting sungjixsumin with how they didn't write them up strong enough. but oh well, we got new stories popping up that have potential in breaking the usual threads. so let's at least look forward to that.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 1:50PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

I kinda suspect that Lezhin themselves pressure the writers to end stories in a specific direction .. sales vs. creators kind of wars.
I remember Team Gaji, both the writer and artist, hinted that Lezhin exploited their artists and some people in there didn't understand the actual work process.

Regardless of how I like Seju's character.. The ending is weird as hell!! I mean, how could they write and execute a chapter like 50, 54, 55 and not be able to make a beautiful ending! Unless they were rushed and unconvinced of their ending, there is no logical explanation to This!

Besides,
Team Gaji used to make all of their manhwa alone.. only starting from ch83 they needed extra help.. not even all the way till the end. I am saying, something changed and they needed help to make it happen on time.

As for TLD, it is also a manhwa made by Lezhin.. and as you explained, ended the same way.. I hardly believe that those creators abandoned their stories unless someone pressured them to.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

true but i think i'm found of love doctor's ending better because they ended things neatly. but the biggest difference between Yo-ahn and seju is that Yo-ahn somehow was able to find happiness away from the previous love (blossoming romance or in friendship?). which i think was done a lot better than seju's end. i do feel like it needs work but the best thing about it though is that at the very least they established you rooting for the main couple. i can't help but still think i was a little forced into to accepting sungjixsumin with how they didn't write them up strong enough. but oh well, we got new stories popping up that have potential in breaking the usual threads. so let's at least look forward to that.

I know that The Love Doctor ended things neatly xDDDDDD. My point is, Korean manhwa lately has taken the step to build a "half good half bad" antagonistic character (started from wdtfs, I think) but still doesnt go as far as making that antagonist go further than her assigned role from the beginning. This makes the story quite predictable though, the story remains going around the protagonist and we probably all know the ending without reading. I'm still waiting for a manhwa that makes THE bold but awesome move about the third character XDDDDDD

Back to wdtfs and the love doctor, I agree that Yo-ahn's ending is better than Seju's ending even though both have the same fate, at the end of the story. Seju's ending is nowhere near healing, she is merely just a tool for the main couple's plot. Seju left in misery while in Yo-ahn's case, we can see the healing part. None for Seju.

The most pity thing is that Yo-ahn's character is not as well-built as Seju's but she got the better ending, lolllll, or maybe because Seju is too well-built, a normal ending for third character like Yo-ahn is not suitable for Seju, LOLLLL

As for the main couple, well, Erea and the doctor is waaayyyyyyyyyy better than SuminxSungji, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I actually liked the couple and had hard time thinking how to make Yo-ahn happy but also wanting to have this couple work, LOLLLLL. I really like them, especially Erea, one hell of personality, that girl xDDDDD. Such a shame that TLD strayed away from the main couple to build other canon ships and lacked of main characters' development after that so I dropped it xDDDDDDD. Still, I love all three main characters there and I agree that TLD's ending is acceptable, considering they had successfully built a main couple that everyone can root for, unlike WDTFS.

last edited at Dec 4, 2017 8:46PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora

Hmmmm, this particular topic about lezhin, I wont give any comments, since even though you have authorities of the site, you cant force an author to change their philosophy about their story to how you want it to be. If I were an author, I wouldn't accept it. My story, my baby, my way xDDDDDD.

About wdtfs's ending, honestly, I'm really honest here (you should remember our bet xDDDD), the ending has never changed. Its always SuminxSungji from the very beginning, XDDDDDDD.

My thoughts are actually about Seju's role. They upgraded Seju's role over the time. She might be still the antagonist but they want her to be not just a normal antagonist, after all the love she has received.

last edited at Dec 4, 2017 9:00PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

Once you sign up for a contract with a publisher, they own the story and you may never publish it anywhere else. And you know what? They can kill the story if they wanted by no longer publishing it and just pay their part of the contract. creators on the other hand, have to provide the materials or else, forced to pay penalties.

I don't know how bad it went to creators, but for them to vent on Twitter publicly, I guess it went bad enough.

Back to WDTFS.. even if you tell me that Sungji and Sumin should have ended together from the beginning.. Still!!!
Their ending could have been much neater and better designed instead of the rubbish overly cliche ending we had. That's why I kept referencing that TG were capable of making extraordinary chapters but disappointed us in the ending.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

The fock with the new free chapter? xDDDDD I don't really wanna see the three of them together.Team Gaji, you monsters! Jk hahaha

Edit: ohhh hiatus and hs version of them.

last edited at Dec 8, 2017 8:29AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Wdtfs is cancelled?

To reply you must either login or sign up.