Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

slightly salty but will buy the chapters because the senpais told me too

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

I have an iPhone so can I still read it on my phone following the android instructions? Hopefully my question is not redundant...

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

Cool, I couldn't get the Overtoon thing to work at first, had to close Safari and reopen, but hey, it works!

I'm glad I can give directly to the creators, does anyone know if the creator(s) of Fluttering Feelings have the same option (I'm completely ignorant to the Korean language, so a link would be fantastic).

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Any way to convince the author to make an physical English copy of the work? Willing to pay hellish shipping rate in order to get the complete copy since getting the digital version sounds like a hassle.
Still that upload is amusing and I don't mind paying for people's work as long I can get the physical version.in English.

There is no physical version of this manhwa. And I don't think the author has any plans to create a physical copy.

slightly salty but will buy the chapters because the senpais told me too

do it

I have an iPhone so can I still read it on my phone following the android instructions? Hopefully my question is not redundant...

Yes, as long as you buy the chapters it doesn't matter what device you use. You can add coins on both iOS and Android.

Cool, I couldn't get the Overtoon thing to work at first, had to close Safari and reopen, but hey, it works!

I'm glad I can give directly to the creators, does anyone know if the creator(s) of Fluttering Feelings have the same option (I'm completely ignorant to the Korean language, so a link would be fantastic).

We're doing the overlay thing for FF as well on the Korean comico website (http://comico.toast.com/titles/85). Unlike Lezhin, you don't need an account and you don't need to pay to view the free chapters for 3 days. After that, you will have to make an account to unlock older chapters with points (you get 100 points automatically for creating an account).

1235007_738839982828953_4916521183661080120_n
joined Dec 4, 2014

guys when we buy it on the site? its in coreen or english? :o

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The original chapters will be in Korean. After we're done editing and uploading the overlay, you can use it to view it in English.

joined Dec 4, 2014

The original chapters will be in Korean. After we're done editing and uploading the overlay, you can use it to view it in English.

yeah sry just read all the comments , i will try it then , ty for ur hardwork :)

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

We're doing the overlay thing for FF as well on the Korean comico website (http://comico.toast.com/titles/85). Unlike Lezhin, you don't need an account and you don't need to pay to view the free chapters for 3 days. After that, you will have to make an account to unlock older chapters with points (you get 100 points automatically for creating an account).

Gotcha, cool.

Thank you :)

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

that second chapter made me laugh lmao I mean the comments xD and yes I will support the artist :3

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I have to discipline myself, only spend that $3.49 per month cuz I don't wanna get too addicted to this series xD

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Read up to 16 chapters. It's a nice one worth reading; has a lot of drama, sex and some angst.

Read up to 47 chapters. I can't believe Sumin turned out to be a alien cyborg angel succubus from the future.

OH DAMN FORGOT SPOILER TAGS OH SH--

Ha ha.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

How do I buy more coins?

http://bit.do/lezhinpurchase

Why is it so small? It's already hard enough being dyslexic XD

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

How to Read "What Does The Fox Say" Legally for Dummies

I've seen that there has been a lot of confusion on how to view WDTFS legally due to the Lezhin Comic site being in Korean so I've decided to make a detailed STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL with SCREENSHOTS on how to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and BUY COINS in order to view the manhwa. It's literally over twenty detailed screenshots on how to view WDTFS on Lezhin so I'm hoping this will clear up a lot.

Please refer to the link below.

http://writingborder.tumblr.com/private/123104071014/tumblr_nqwk54CKHC1s8cete

• Zoom in if you can't see very well due to my tumblr theme.

Now, to view the translated chapters in English, I prefer using the "Bookmarking" technique since my dumbass can't work with add ons very well.

Bookmarking Tutorial Link

http://flutteringfeelings.x10.mx/how-to-read-on-comico/

• Please note that the Bookmarking way requires you to refresh the page sometimes in order for the overlay to work. Once you have installed the bookmark, go to an unlocked chapter that has been provided with an overlay, press onto that chapter, and then press your bookmark translator.

You can also use the Add On way in order to get the overlay.

http://www.oddsquad.org/p/naver-addon.html

I hope this answers most of your questions. I get it, navigating a foreign site is hard. If you have any trouble, please ask politely and answers will be provided to you in order for readers to have an enjoyable reading experience. Thank you guys!

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 4:42AM

joined Dec 4, 2014

How to Read "What Does The Fox Say" Legally for Dummies

I've seen that there has been a lot of confusion on how to view WDTFS legally due to the Lezhin Comic site being in Korean so I've decided to make a detailed STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL with SCREENSHOTS on how to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and BUY COINS in order to view the manhwa. It's literally over twenty detailed screenshots on how to view WDTFS on Lezhin so I'm hoping this will clear up a lot.

Please refer to the link below.

http://writingborder.tumblr.com/private/123104071014/tumblr_nqwk54CKHC1s8cete

• Zoom in if you can't see very well due to my tumblr theme.

Now, to view the translated chapters in English, I prefer using the "Bookmarking" technique since my dumbass can't work with add ons very well.

Bookmarking Tutorial Link

http://flutteringfeelings.x10.mx/how-to-read-on-comico/

• Please note that the Bookmarking way requires you to refresh the page sometimes in order for the overlay to work. Once you have installed the bookmark, go to an unlocked chapter that has been provided with an overlay, press onto that chapter, and then press your bookmark translator.

You can also use the Add On way in order to get the overlay.

http://www.oddsquad.org/p/naver-addon.html

I hope this answers most of your questions. I get it, navigating a foreign site is hard. If you have any trouble, please ask politely and answers will be provided to you in order for readers to have an enjoyable reading experience. Thank you guys!

ty for all what u have done :) (my english is a little bad sory but really ty!! :D)

Anonko Staff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 10, 2010

trying to pay for this

fuck

tries harder

FucK

tries harder

bangs head on desk

FuKC@@@!

[UPDATE: I figured it out eventually, but this is a BIT different with an iPhone. You CAN pay through iTunes, just don't ask me for specific details. Do the login stuff Meru suggested, get the app, open the app, make sure your age is right, search for the word "fox", click chapter 2 with the little lock on it, follow the steps to pay through iTunes and verify everything, DONE.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate Steam's belief that simplicity in buying is the best way to deter pirating, which is the opposite of what places like HBO are doing with... saaay... Game of Thrones.

The difference here is the only reason we know about this at all is because the target market (Koreans) reached out to the outside market (us) and are trying to share something that they like this us. The websites don't have a foreign language option because we aren't their target audience at the moment, and they probably don't have the resources to cater to us (yet). Sure it took some effort, but I'm really thankful for people who are helping me navigate through the website and are translating it.]

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 7:43AM

joined Dec 4, 2014

hi , chapters out every 6 days or by the feeling? :p

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

I won't comment much on the trolling and drama (even if I disagree a little bit, I honestly don't know if it will prove to be beneficial or not in the end).

As for scanlation in general, even though you have to pay to view the chapters, the scanlation work is still unpaid work (only the artist and the publisher benefit from your money in this case). This to say that scanlators aren't held to the same standards (of facade civility for instance) than the publishers: you are not their clients.

I'll try to add translation for every step of the registration and payment process as fast as I can (not superfast though, there are other things I have to do ^^). It has already been partially done in Naver for instance (not yet Lezhin), but as the business model of Naver is different, it wasn't very important for me to focus on that at the time.

And yes, it looks very difficult (relatively) for the moment, because it is a fanmade initiative to "push" people to official websites. It is a decentralized solution which requires (for me) understanding and adapting the layouts of many websites (it is not only one unique reader). Sorry, but at least half of the difficulty is navigating through the publisher website and knowing how/where to pay for stuff. It isn't really our fault, is it?

Best wishes, enjoy the drama and the novelty ^^
Don't rush into things. If you don't trust or if you don't like this particular serie enough to pay for it, well there's ton of excellent free content everywhere! (bless this day and age!).

I'm reading a little bit about people who want to read this smexy webtoon with the help of mobile devices like iPhones. BEWARE because I'm not sure low memory devices can tolerate so much HD images being overlaid (especially now that I've desactivated the weird downsizing on Lezhin, so they are really HD now). Some work has been done already to accomodate low memory devices, but I think it's still insufficient for the lowest one.

edit:
why do the guides mention you have to use your smartphone to buy coins by the way? I'm sure there is a reason, I'm just curious.
I see that once you're logegd in, you can buy coins through http://www.lezhin.com/payment , but maybe it isn't as international as the smartphone app?

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 8:07AM

joined Dec 3, 2011

I bought $10 worth of credit.

VERY. WORTH. IT.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Pardon the dust and ashes and the occasional screaming, but things in this thread have gone way beyond idiotic. It looks like the way forward is to do a controlled burn, and remove all the deadwood and flame hazards.

So expect to see pretty much everything except stuff directly related to discussing the story, and stuff relevant to actually getting to the Lezhin site to be removed in short order. The thread will be locked while de-construction is underway, but it'll be opened back up immediately once we've finished cleaning up.

Thanks for your understanding, and please don't crap all over the forum.

Edit

Open for business. If you find any charred body parts, pretend you didn't.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 11:01AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Seeing how this series will not be released on Dynasty Scans, should there be a discussion thread here in the first place?

That said, will those chapters stay up? I don't see the need for having the troll chapter up, in any case.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seeing how this series will not be released on Dynasty Scans, should there be a discussion thread here in the first place?

That said, will those chapters stay up? I don't see the need for having the troll chapter up, in any case.

The current chapter 1 will stay, because it was free in the first place from what I gather. The thread is useful for providing instructions on how to access the current chapters/back issues, and for announcement of new chapters getting translated. Not to mention, if people want to discuss the ongoing story here, they're encouraged to do so.

What this is not for is complaining that you actually have to pay for something, or being offended that someone is asking you (not necessarily you personally) go to even the smallest inconvenience to get what you want, or sniping at other users/translators. That stuff will be unceremoniously removed. Indeed, much of it already has.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

As soon as I get a job and some money I'll pay. As an artist myself I can understand wanting to get paid for my work. And going by the first chapter alone, I'm sure it will be worth the money. ^_^

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha this has to be the best trolling/announcement ever, I had to laugh the whole time, whoever came up with this idea, I'd buy you a coffee and a movie ticket ANYTIME. hahahaha so good
hahahaah oh gods
<3

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

edit:
why do the guides mention you have to use your smartphone to buy coins by the way? I'm sure there is a reason, I'm just curious.
I see that once you're logegd in, you can buy coins through http://www.lezhin.com/payment , but maybe it isn't as international as the smartphone app?

I just checked the desktop version out to see if you can pay through the web. When you visit the payment page, it will prompt you to several options. However, they are mostly Korean linked and I believe only apply for Korean users. The first two options 신용카드 and 휴대폰결제 means Credit Card and Mobile Payment. When you press onto their payment option though, it redirects you to another pop up page and it's just more verification messes in Korean.

This is why using a smartphone is necessary for international users who don't speak an ounce of Korean (like me). This process is quicker and more simple.

Screenshot_20180506-015621_mh1555746409679
joined Mar 31, 2013

Er one here being salty about chapter 2 and I'm just here reading it on both lezhin and /u/

Thanks halmoni-unni for the translation, posting the guide to buy coins & trying your best to get everyone to support the artist!! I'll shout you KBBQ as a token of my gratitude <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.