Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You're the probably thinking of Aggie, who talks about herself being intersex in a recent strip.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Roomie never slept with Matt, first he says she kissed him and said she loved him, but she says she loves everyone, next strip she explain she loves everyones and call herself a lesbian pirate from outer space, she confirms to him that she do sleep from one house to another, he thinks about Roomie sleeping with someone just to have a bed but changes his mind and think she's just a hippie who just like to kiss everyone, later he kiss her again offscreen and she says she's heterosexually infected, they never mention anything more than kiss but it's still pretty ambiguous how much they really did, when he ask her sexuality he basically asks if she's totally gay or if he ever had a chance, when she says that she can have sex with guys he's surprised, finally confirming they never had sex.

Something I just realised, Roomie words "Oh! Well I can have sex with guys." and the way she explain her sexuality after saying that, maybe she actually never had anything with a guy? I mean, in the story we never see her having anything with a guy, she jokes about being a lesbian pirate of outer space, joke about being heterosexually infected, the story shows that she's basically interested only in girls, I don't remember any strip that can really imply she had something with a guy, so I guess she either slept with guys a few times before the story or is just sure of her sexuality and knows that she might feel attracted to some? Oh well, don't matter, it's not like her being lesbian or pansexual will change anything, the story is good as always and that's what matter, I'm just thinking too much about it...

Norainhere

You're the probably thinking of Aggie, who talks about herself being intersex in a recent strip.

Yeah it was her, I tried but didn't remember her name, thanks.

Latest strip Lillian is Matt ex-girlfriend, I didn't expect that, neither Roomie did.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 5:09PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

she jokes about being a lesbian pirate of outer space,

Just a reference to another (now published) webcomic.

I just read up on Last of Us.

"Why can't she be a strong female character who happens to be straight?"

"The majority of girls are bisexual due to the amount of time they spend with their female friends."

"On the other hand, Ellie did make a comment toward Winston's appearance, so it's clear that she also likes men."

"Obviously Ellie had feelings for Riley ,she was her best friend ,,,,,and was afraid she would never see Riley again, thats why she was so emotional and kissed Riley the way she did ."

Man, I really love the internet. The only thing better than straight people being butthurt over gay overrepresentation or trying to explayin why their waifu isn't gay is white people being butthurt over reverse racism.

joined Jan 21, 2015

"Why can't she be a strong female character who happens to be straight?"

I see this dumb argument all the time, as if every media was full of badass queer women, and it makes me wonder about the parallel universe these people obviously live in. I'd like them to point me to this land of ubiquitous fictional lesbianism because it sounds amazing.

By the way OriginalGengar, did you watch Exes and Ohs? I think you said you'd watched some of it and was curious about what happened in the second season, how it was compared to the first. I remember reading some weird snippets. And apparently Aliyah O'Brien (Holly in Rookie Blue) is a guest star?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I did watch it but that was quite a while back so take this all with caution.
Aliyah O B'rien did appear in one episode but I don't remember the character and only know because I googled. I don't know how it compared to the first season quality wise but I definitely liked both seasons. Story wise, I think there was a bigger focus on Jen and Sam which was nice. The ending clearly set up season 3 but the series was cancelled after season 2. That wasn't too problematic though, it would have sucked as an actual series finale but things were headed in the right direction, so I'd still recommend watching it.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 7:51PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

All right, thanks! Good to know it didn't end with an eternal cliffhanger.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Earlier today
"Hmm...I haven't watched t.v. in a while....oh steven universe...might as well watch it..........DUDE!" Episode: Jailbreak. It's not the 1st ep I watched tho, I like it.

Also last week on The Walking dead tv series(S06 Ep05): lesbian kiss courtesy of Denise x Tara clip. Not sure what it means just yet...will come back and report on a later date. Even if something meaningful does happen, one of them will probably die sooner or later since this is how this franchise works(no one is safe etc) Tara IS canonically gay btw

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Buzzfeed is doing a webseries called You Do You, that may have a bi character in the main cast. That assumption is solely based on Buzzfeed being pretty LGBTQ+ friendly and one sentence, though.

"Every time two people get together, I'm like - that's two less people for me."

The series starts in 5 days, then we'll know more.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Benny and Deanna being adorable.
Also, the look on Cass' face on panel 3 ♥

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Benny and Deanna being adorable.
Also, the look on Cass' face on panel 3 ♥

Oh! I saw that webcomic in recommendation recently on Tumblr :D

Ehh I need something new series to read...

joined Aug 16, 2014

Go for it, then! Things just started gaying up this chapter.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Go for it, then! Things just started gaying up this chapter.

page 64 = "just started" haha :D well it's still fast comparing to GGaR and Roomie and Lilian's kiss. It took sooooo many years xD

joined Aug 16, 2014

Yeah, Lilian x Roomie got sidetracked by all those side characters...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alextasha

Ehh I need something new series to read...

Read Always Human then. It seems it going to be really good.

last edited at Nov 13, 2015 3:00PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I also second Always Human.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Of course I'm reading Always Human :P I followed author way before she started drawing that comic :D

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Woah woah woah, that's the first time I see a screenshot of Always Human. Since whan has racial diversity become a thing in Comics?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Of course I'm reading Always Human :P I followed author way before she started drawing that comic :D

Damn stalkers.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Damn stalkers.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The new Always Human page is SO FUCKING CUTE!

I am seriously going to die. Those dorks are going to kill me for sure.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan

The new Always Human page is SO FUCKING CUTE!

Yup, it was really romantic. Was some time since I really felt the mood like here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pity that Wapsi Square is devolving into an unsatisfying mush these days. I mean seriously, they made the main character of pretty much the entire thing into a lesbian (with no lead-in, just a sudden change from happily, even enthusiastically het to hi I'm a dyke) and shows absolutely ZERO of their relationship, and the new de-facto lead also gets a girlfriend practically out of the blue and we don't see a hell of a lot more of them relating to each other either.

And that's on top of storylines getting shorter and more disconnected, with either perfunctory resolution or none at all. It's basically devolving into a primarily cheesecake strip full of monster girls, but little coherent story.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Pity that Wapsi Square is devolving into an unsatisfying mush these days. I mean seriously, they made the main character of pretty much the entire thing into a lesbian (with no lead-in, just a sudden change from happily, even enthusiastically het to hi I'm a dyke) and shows absolutely ZERO of their relationship, and the new de-facto lead also gets a girlfriend practically out of the blue and we don't see a hell of a lot more of them relating to each other either.

And that's on top of storylines getting shorter and more disconnected, with either perfunctory resolution or none at all. It's basically devolving into a primarily cheesecake strip full of monster girls, but little coherent story.

That might be a sign of the writer getting bored, and just doesn't know when to quit.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kitsune Spirit

That might be a sign of the writer getting bored, and just doesn't know when to quit.

Or not knowing what to do next but being sane enough to not stop milking free money when s/he still can.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

He's pushing his Patreon right now, with more comics to do with a side character (Medusa's sister) as the backer reward.

last edited at Nov 14, 2015 4:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.