Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Hey has anyone watched "The Duke of Burgundy" movie? I was lazy to read all the thread so...
I did watch it, I wanted like to talk about it cos I do like it, except the ending

I haven't watch'd it yet... Is it good?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I dropped it after like half the movie cause I thought it was really boring.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Boring as in slow-paced or really boring?

joined Mar 23, 2013

Hey has anyone watched "The Duke of Burgundy" movie? I was lazy to read all the thread so...
I did watch it, I wanted like to talk about it cos I do like it, except the ending

The ending is great.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Slow paced I guess.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The movie was bizarre to say the least, but I still enjoyed it.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm..it's bizarre,it does get better but eventually you come to resent Evelyn..well i did cos of the way she is.
and I haaated the ending.
but visually is very nice and well I like kinky stuff ( it's not super explicit ) which is one of it's strong points, it's like peeping all the time.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I didn't really understand the ending... it felt like a reset to me. And the voyeuristic feel of the movie was definitely one of its strong points.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What should I read first? The Gravity Between Us or 96 Hours?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The gravity between us, unless you havent read her name in the sky, then read thatn the the gravity book. :)

Also i reccommend Zero Visibility by georgia beers. I'm really liking it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The gravity between us, unless you havent read her name in the sky, then read thatn the the gravity book. :)

Also i reccommend Zero Visibility by georgia beers. I'm really liking it.

I haven't actually read that yet. I might wait until Xmas to pick it up though, since I'd be more in the mood for winter stuff.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks, I actually have both of those too.

I got a bunch of Georgia Beers books, like, a bunch, so I really hope she is good.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thanks, I actually have both of those too.

I got a bunch of Georgia Beers books, like, a bunch, so I really hope she is good.

I'm really fond of her stuff, she's probably my favourite lesbian romance author. Karin Kallmaker's good too, she has a way with characters. Also fond of Kenna White, although she's really bad at endings.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I started watching once upon a time out of curiosity, and upon seeing snow white (maine version), i thought: holy shit she looks like a troll doll with it's hair cut!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Jenny's Wedding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIw0yX8gIs4&feature=youtu.be

That seems interesting. Is it based on a book or something? I think it was discussed before and someone didn't like Heigl xD

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

There was talk of it. I even wrote a tiny review of it a few pages ago.

Also I am officially a fangirl of Georgia Beers.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jenny's Wedding

Wow, talk about a trailer that sells the farm. No point seeing the movie now, we know all the beats.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There was talk of it. I even wrote a tiny review of it a few pages ago.

Also I am officially a fangirl of Georgia Beers.

Told ya!

I'd give Balance a miss though. It's okay, but nothing to really write home about.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Jenny's Wedding

Wow, talk about a trailer that sells the farm. No point seeing the movie now, we know all the beats.

Lol yeah movie was ok. It spent more time on Heigl's characters family and friends than the two lesbians. Almost no yuri in it all, the unhappily married sister obsessed with dead grass was the highlight of the movie.

If you're itching for some yuri then watch, otherwise you're not missing anything.

I'd rate the movie about a 5 or 6 oit of 10.

Any suggestions for other of Beer's books?

last edited at Aug 8, 2015 10:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not entirely sure if I've posted this, but there's a minicomic I bought a while back that would really appeal to the folks here. It's still for sale in physical form, but can also be read online here: I Grew Up Beautiful

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Hmmm... i dunno how i feel about that. She changed herself to try to make the girl stay with her, but then moves on and in the end makes it sound like the love interest was at fault for her changing the way she looked and dressed.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Page 18 of this thread about Glee

This reminds me how I binge watched through 5 seasons just to live-watch season 6 end miserably. If you have any patience at all, I'd say the first and second seasons were the only watchable seasons of Glee... and everything after that I watched just to listen to the cover/mashups (...okay, and partially for the crappy bits Brittana fans were reluctantly given by the producers).

Lost Girl

Speaking of Lost Girl, I watch it solely for Tamsin nowadays. Poor Tammy is always given the short end of the stick. Don't know why, but Lauren always grates on my nerves---in fact, sometimes Dyson is better than her imo.

That said, has anyone given Rookie Blue a try? It's a Canadian show and one of the main characters is a confirmed lesbian. How I miss Golly. The show itself is a gem. It's a cop show, but it's not solely comedic like Brooklyn 99, nor is it the thrilling but repetitive formula of "you-see-the-crime-happen" first and then "solve-the-crime" and happy ending like our beloved R&I.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Lost Girl

Speaking of Lost Girl, I watch it solely for Tamsin nowadays. Poor Tammy is always given the short end of the stick. Don't know why, but Lauren always grates on my nerves---in fact, sometimes Dyson is better than her imo.

I'm still all for Bo x Lauren but only because Lauren x Evony did not work out like I wanted it to. Mostly watching for Vex though.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Root (amy acker) plays a fairy in Once Upon a Time lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's not a big surprise or anything, but it's confirmed there will be a lesbian couple in the game Tacoma. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.