Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm really happy that this confession stuff got sorted out now and not at the end of the last volume's last chapter. I can't wait to see how they negotiate the rest of the world and we're going to have a whole volume of it. Chapter 4 has so much potential for that scene mirroring/revisiting stuff Nakatani likes. "Sorry for seducing your daughter"...

last edited at May 2, 2019 2:05PM

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

The characters in this forum and the discussions could themselves be a manga lol

BV is like comic relief without meaning to.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm really happy that this confession stuff got sorted out now and not at the end of the last volume's last chapter. I can't wait to see how they negotiate the rest of the world and we're going to have a whole volume of it. Chapter 4 has so much potential for that scene mirroring/revisiting stuff Nakatani likes. "Sorry for seducing your daughter"...

I want to see Yuu's mom's face after that bomb. We already know Rei is on her side and daddy is a pushover. Granny... I don't know. But grandparents are generally mostly above caring about the small stuff, especially when it's their grandchildren. Mom is the only hurdle.

Touko's parents will just be happy that she isn't trying to be Mio anymore and finally moved on. If a girlfriend helped her to stop hurting herself, then so be it.

(And I really wanna see Koyomi's reaction to being almost right about everything lol)

last edited at May 2, 2019 2:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, we have a sense of what is likely to happen, but exactly how it will shake out or what the scenes will be and in what order is totally up for grabs. I'm kinda looking forward to all of them.

I think Maki deserves a gift certificate or something, but whether from Yuu or Touko I'm not completely sure.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think Maki deserves a gift certificate or something, but whether from Yuu or Touko I'm not completely sure.

I think what you meant is that Sayaka deserves a gift card from both of them.
And written in it will be "You will always be my #2".

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm lauhing way too hard at that, I'm a horrible person

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think what you meant is that Sayaka deserves a gift card from both of them.
And written in it will be "You will always be my #2".

OK, that's just mean.

But a nice charm from the aquarium gift shop might be appropriate.

A flounder, perhaps.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe Maki was watching them from the shadows during the confession, Touko noticed and she's like "...!" but doesn't want to ruin the moment so she closed the curtains, at one point you see her checking back to make sure he can't see.

SlowburnPhoenix
E3b0ae88-e397-4841-ada6-f0d793de4c21
joined Nov 25, 2018

Also, is no one going to talk about how Touko changed shoes at some point?
Was it when she took her backpack off? I’m genuinely curious lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I did notice that--it's the Jdrama/Kdrama thing where, no matter how much of a rush anybody is in, they change their f*cking shoes at the door:

[Palace doors burst open, messenger shouts, "Your Highness! Your Highness!" (boop-boop, shoes off, slippers on) "A dragon has scaled the palace walls! Run for your life!"]

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch40#10

Isn't that "rustle" sfx Touko changing her shoes?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

A flounder, perhaps.

I've spent way too much time trying to divinate the hidden meaning behind flounders on the web. All I could gather is an old fairy tale where a talking flounder was cast back into the ocean. Not quite as covertly cruel as I had hoped.

I may have invested far too much thought into this.

If we want to be favorable, maybe she did switch to indoor shoes. It's Touko after all, the ever diligent student council president.

This does remind however that she was so hellbent on talking to Yuu that she literally ran to school the moment she returned from her trip. Not even a tiny trip home. That's one heck of a re-confession.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A flounder, perhaps.

I've spent way too much time trying to divinate the hidden meaning behind flounders on the web. All I could gather is an old fairy tale where a talking flounder was cast back into the ocean. Not quite as covertly cruel as I had hoped.

The category was "Things that have been flattened."

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The category was "Things that have been flattened."

Welp.
That is what happens when someone suddenly uses a hammer in a world of scalpels.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Yuu changed shoes, too, between pages 5 and 7. They're both wearing indoor shoes but we saw them both running with regular shoes.

last edited at May 2, 2019 3:36PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Wow finally it’s a match!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The characters in this forum and the discussions could themselves be a manga lol

Can't say I disagree.

BV is like comic relief without meaning to.

Oh (or should it be spelled "aw"?), thank you!

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

Most likely she changed her shoes off-screen as soon as she entered. I think mangaka shouldn't spend precious manga frames on how Touko changes her shoes ;)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Sorry for being 2 or 3 day late to the game, lol.
OK, so, I personally don't think this is how it's gonna end, but it's too crazy and wishful of a hypothesis NOT to share.
So:
What if, in the end, they show that all that happened was just Yuu and Touko, already deep into their adulthood and living together (married even), reminiscing about their high school days. And, just as their reminiscence ends, their (now teenage) science baby daughter returns from prom with her girlfriend (who actually turns out to be the science baby of Sayaka and whatever girl she eventually got in the end). Even though YagaKimi is much more complex and much longer than Lajanje na Zvezde, and even though Lajanje na Zvezde is much more comedic, this would make the endings of both be very similar (well, there's the fact that YagaKimi is Japanese and yuri, while Lajanje na Zvezde is Yugoslav and het, but that's beside the point here).
Off-topic note in the spoiler bars below:
Speaking of Lajanje na Zvezde (literally: "Barking at the Stars"): it's, like, the best movie ever produced either by Yugoslavia or any of the countries that have emerged from its break-up. If there's an ENG SUB version of it on the Internet, you need to watch it.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Maybe Maki was watching them from the shadows during the confession, Touko noticed and she's like "...!" but doesn't want to ruin the moment so she closed the curtains, at one point you see her checking back to make sure he can't see.

Okay, that would be really creepy. How did he know? Why is he there at night by himself?

Touko's parents will just be happy that she isn't trying to be Mio anymore and finally moved on. If a girlfriend helped her to stop hurting herself, then so be it.

I think Touko's parents may already know, but not about Yuu of course. We didn't get to see it, but at the end of the play Touko's mother mentions to Touko's father about having a "family talk". And the play itself wasn't exactly subtle. Of course Koyomi wrote the script, but the script was uncanny with how accurate it was to Touko's character, and Touko's parents seemed to take the play as Touko's own words, prompting the need for a talk later. I'd be surprised if the topic wasn't brought up.

I also agree that Yuu's mother will likely take the news hard, she may even reject Yuu and Touko at first. That said, if the story actually addresses familial/societal responses to homosexuality, in a well conducted way and to such an extent, I'll be surprised. With the other characters needing a conclusion, especially Sayaka, and there being one final volume, I wonder if there will be room?

last edited at May 2, 2019 6:37PM

Wait... Did they fuck??

Get the fuck out, dude. There’s more to romance stories than just fucking.

The truth has been spoken!
Seriously though, what's with people on this site and their fixation on sex in innocent romance manga or polyamorous ships that don't even make any sense.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wait... Did they fuck??

Seriously though, what's with people on this site and their fixation on sex in innocent romance manga or polyamorous ships that don't even make any sense.

Beats me. Can anyone who has such fixations explain it to us, please?

last edited at May 2, 2019 6:26PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think Touko's parents may already know, but not about Yuu of course. We didn't get to see it, but at the end of the play Touko's mother mentions to Touko's father about having a "family talk". And the play itself wasn't exactly subtle. Of course Koyomi wrote the script, but the script was uncanny with how accurate it was to Touko's character, and Touko's parents seemed to take the play as Touko's own words, prompting the need for a talk later.

You mean this? Seems more likely to be about her efforts to be like Mio than anything else.

I also agree that Yuu's mother will likely take the news hard, she may even reject Yuu and Touko at first. That said, if the story actually addresses familial/societal responses to homosexuality, in a well conducted way and to such an extent, I'll be surprised. With the other characters needed a conclusion and there being one final volume, I wonder if there will be room?

Well, Rei does think their mom might oppose it, but looking at the other times this has come up even jokingly, so far only Yuu's father has said anything at all about her possibly having a girlfriend, and even that was basically just admitting he wouldn't know what to do, while the rest of the family doesn't either seem to care either way or, in case of her sister, is clearly supportive.

Admittedly, we don't know all that much about what either family is like, though, especially when it comes to their attitude towards same sex relationships.

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Wait... Did they fuck??

Beats me. Can anyone who has such fixations explain it to us, please?

Some people don't believe in romance without lust.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Guys we made it, its been 4 years.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think Touko's parents may already know, but not about Yuu of course. We didn't get to see it, but at the end of the play Touko's mother mentions to Touko's father about having a "family talk". And the play itself wasn't exactly subtle. Of course Koyomi wrote the script, but the script was uncanny with how accurate it was to Touko's character, and Touko's parents seemed to take the play as Touko's own words, prompting the need for a talk later. I'd be surprised if the topic wasn't brought up.

I also agree that Yuu's mother will likely take the news hard, she may even reject Yuu and Touko at first. That said, if the story actually addresses familial/societal responses to homosexuality, in a well conducted way and to such an extent, I'll be surprised. With the other characters needing a conclusion, especially Sayaka, and there being one final volume, I wonder if there will be room?

I don't think we can actually speculate much on how the parents will react. I mean, nobody visibly freaked out about the gay themes in the play, but Yuu's dad was uncomfortable at the idea of Yuu having a girlfriend. But the thing about bigotry is that it's really kind of hard to predict where it will come out. It's divorced from reason and is sometimes viceral, and some otherwise very nice people can turn suddenly ugly when they find out somebody is gay. So I'm not placing bets, but I imagine Rei is going to have to do SOMETHING for them at some point.

As for Sayaka, I don't expect a happy ending in these pages, I expect the hint of a chance for a happy ending, possibly setting something up for further spinoff novels.

To reply you must either login or sign up.