Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Apr 26, 2015

I still haven't gotten the hang of quoting. But regarding age and schooling in Korea, yes you will often find men completing their post-secondary education at a later age than you would women. Yes, people enter school a bit later (in general, not all), and yes people take breaks or re-do their studies (attend hagwons, etc) to try to get into a better college. Everyone's case is a bit different but overall it's different by a year or two from students in the States. 23 and still in college is not uncommon at all.

joined Jan 31, 2015

From halmoni's translation of chapter 32:

Seol-a: Grandma! (t/n: SEOL-A CALLED OUT MY NAME I CAN DIE IN PEACE LMAOOOOO)

Epic.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 9:37PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

omg thank you halmoni!!

(I honestly was confused af as to what you were talking about....but reading your translation made it make much more sense haha. the whole halmoni = granny thing!).

on another note, Geez, Seol-a, making all these references. First, bf, and now hubby? Aren't you jumping the (EDIT: GUN) a bit?

Oh and thank you kandi2428 for the extra information on schooling. :D It's quite helpful and definitely helps clear up my confusion.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 7:27PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Ch. 32 rough translation - http://pastebin.com/av4ZnTbR

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE BY ME OMG LMAOOOOOO

Haha, I can finally go to sleep now! Thank you so much for such a quick TL! And lol, as I said above, you definitely should have a new picture now hahaha

So I guess No-Rae is settled to take the scary and unpopular path! Go for it, girl, your beloved one is right in front of you! I sense the confession is around the corner! And lol at Seol-A for comparing herself to a husband hahaha

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

((Seol-a: This is something I went overboard with anyways...It would be rude of me to just show up without notice, too...(small text): It's not like I'm some husband trying to catch his runaway wife...))

Seol-A, You said it , not us, remember that

joined Apr 26, 2015

Haha, I can finally go to sleep now! Thank you so much for such a quick TL! And lol, as I said above, you definitely should have a new picture now hahaha

So I guess No-Rae is settled to take the scary and unpopular path! Go for it, girl, your beloved one is right in front of you! I sense the confession is around the corner! And lol at Seol-A for comparing herself to a husband hahaha

Couldn't help but to have a big smile as well. To compare herself to a husband chasing her wife. She actually have it on her mind already hahaha

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I guess Seol-A came on a car to help transfer the clothes, a wedding dress, no less, yes! I'm like really-really curious how she explained her appearance! It might look too suspicious if the two don't sync on their reasonings

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

No problem! Thank the people who took the time and effort to make them :D Making an account on comico to unlock older chapters is pretty easy. If you ever need help with making an account, I posted directions on FF's facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FlutteringFeelings).

Thanks, that's really helpful. And...

As always, thanks you so much for the quick translation!

Husband and boyfriend references are just getting thrown around like crazy now. :D
Really looking forward to some communication in the next chapter. No-Rae's brother basically just told her to go for it so she should really go for it now.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

on another note, Geez, Seol-a, making all these references. First, bf, and now hubby? Aren't you jumping the shark a bit?

I think you meant "Jumping the Gun" (as in a false start, going to early, as in beginning to run before the gun goes off in athletics). "Jumping the Shark" is a reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark (a moment that signals the dramatic decline in quality of a series)

Fluttering Feelings had better not be jumping the shark. O_O

Not at all trying to be mean, I love reading your comments and this got a chuckle out of me.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 7:05PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Done and did bruh. I wish Ssamba gave me a face though :(

joined Nov 30, 2011

HypocriticalLiar

Random Reader

Oh! whew!! I was about to say!! Lol. I know most finish grad school around 25 so that seems right ;-p. I'm in my last semester of grad school myself. Only a few more weeks left and just wrapped up my portfolio. But I'm finishing at 27 unlike you -_- .... Went to a JC, then a 4 year, and finally Grad school. I'm gonna take a break from school. So fucking burnt out @_X... Going to go back and get a 2nd masters in history or possibly an information science. But... I'm done for now lol.

DUDE. I'm jealous!! You're graduating! I totally don't blame you for being burnt out though (I'm honestly impressed you put up with so much schooling and you want to go back for more), half of me just wants to throw all my papers into pit and set everything on fire, and I've only been in grad school for a year. -_-;; UGH. HISTORY THO? History is...by far...my worst subject (wait, I take that back....econ is worse, but history is a close second). All the dates....everyone looks the same!! and worst of all, the people!! for the exact same reason! Henry the Fifth, Henry the Eight, I can't keep track! sorry off tangent tirade there. >->

Yup! Been in grad school since 2012! And yeah, I do. A 2nd masters would be very helpful. And lmao! I know what you mean! There are days where you sit down and just go...awwww fuckit. Not in the mood. 4 hours later you look and feel like a zombie, peach fuzz in weird places, and somehow it's the next morning.

And possibly history buuut I may lean towards something more profitable in the long run. Dunno right now but it's going to happen. And I did receive my B.A. in history. The stories I could tell about our writing comp teach lol. 30 started the semester. 15 left after the first paper, and possibly 10 or 12 stayed until the bitter, bloody, end. XD... But history really depends on the teacher and how you study it. But read biographies and look into books about certain time periods, people believed, thought, and did some preeetty crazy things! It beats boring memorization. I hated that too. A terrible misrepresentation of the fun that can be had in studying history. Ex. A German king in the Middle Ages didn't like a Pope bossing him around so he told the Pope to shove it. Pope got jelly and called a Crusade against him. Nobody answered! XD... Or the French coffers were empty and they were in debt so they looted and pillaged the Templars for their phat loot.

Don't know too much about information science tho...is that like M.I.S. (business related?)?
What's your current masters in?

Info science is archiving, records management, and library type stuff. I mastered in archival and records management. Studying to be an archivist and all that. Cool stuff! For example, I handled an early recreation of The Great Wave from around...errr...the mid-late 1800;s, a book printed by Benjamin Franklin, and a book from... 1586 Leipzig Germany, amongst many other very cool stuff.

What are you studying?

I'm doing chem engineering right now. It's both awful and fun at the same time and I don't even understand how.

I have heard the horror stories.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Thanks Grandma!

No-Rae's brother basically just told her to go for it so she should really go for it now.

She is thinking about the possibility she is gay, and now the girl who made her think about that shows up at her parents house. This is going to be fun.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

[insert comment about how contrived it is that seol-a happens to run into an old lady and ends up in no-rae's house]
let chaos ensue.

no but seriously...maybe everyone should read this before something unfortunate happens again. let's be nice this time round folks.

joined Nov 30, 2011

A wild Seol-a appeared and casts befuddlement on No-rae. It's super effective!

joined Apr 26, 2015

Done and did bruh. I wish Ssamba gave me a face though :(

Well, she put a face for the cloth bag on her head hahaha.
I assure you that you will have a face. This is definitely no-rae's grandma. Samba didn't put the whole face on purpose so that we don't jump into the conclusion of "Ah, this is a new character in the story" and we think it is a random act of Soel-A with a stranger.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

HL (Me)

on another note, Geez, Seol-a, making all these references. First, bf, and now hubby? Aren't you jumping the shark a bit?

tiger

I think you meant "Jumping the Gun" (as in a false start, going to early, as in beginning to run before the gun goes off in athletics). "Jumping the Shark" is a reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark (a moment that signals the dramatic decline in quality of a series)

Fluttering Feelings had better not be jumping the shark. O_O

Not at all trying to be mean, I love reading your comments and this got a chuckle out of me.

AH. AHHHH. sits in corner of shame I have failed as a native speaker.

haha, but yes, yes, you would be right. I'm going to edit that misfortunate error now,. Thank you for that :3 (and yay, that makes two people, but who's keeping track! lol, but on a serious note, at least my misunderstanding got a chuckle :P)

Random Reader:

4 hours later you look and feel like a zombie, peach fuzz in weird places, and somehow it's the next morning.

LOL. I UNDERSTAND. In fact, this last week was so bad, that I literally slept through most of Saturday. When I got up today, I was convinced today was Saturday because I couldn't remember anything that happened yesterday. orz

And possibly history buuut I may lean towards something more profitable in the long run. Dunno right now but it's going to happen. And I did receive my B.A. in history. The stories I could tell about our writing comp teach lol. 30 started the semester. 15 left after the first paper, and possibly 10 or 12 stayed until the bitter, bloody, end. XD... But history really depends on the teacher and how you study it. But read biographies and look into books about certain time periods, people believed, thought, and did some preeetty crazy things! It beats boring memorization. I hated that too. A terrible misrepresentation of the fun that can be had in studying history. Ex. A German king in the Middle Ages didn't like a Pope bossing him around so he told the Pope to shove it. Pope got jelly and called a Crusade against him. Nobody answered! XD... Or the French coffers were empty and they were in debt so they looted and pillaged the Templars for their phat loot.

....WOW. That's like...30% retention rate?? Dude, kudos to you, that's rough. LOL. That sounds kinda brutal, and actually a lot like some of the video games I've played. Interesting, lmao. Maybe I'll pick up a biography over the summer. We'll see if my opinion on history changes at all. :P

Info science is archiving, records management, and library type stuff. I mastered in archival and records management. Studying to be an archivist and all that. Cool stuff! For example, I handled an early recreation of The Great Wave from around...errr...the mid-late 1800;s, a book printed by Benjamin Franklin, and a book from... 1586 Leipzig Germany, amongst many other very cool stuff.

OH. THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS REALLY COOL!! It kind of reminds me of the stuff from the Da Vinci code! (Ah, I'm totally not trying to trivialize your work tho!!). But restoration work? I remember reading something about that being done via tapestries and it taking obscenely long periods of time.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 7:36PM

joined Apr 26, 2015

How ironic....one moment no-rae ask Soel-A to stay out of her business... then for Soel-A to do totally the opposite.... go as deep as possible into No-Rae's business and meet her family...HER FAMILY !!
There couldn't be a better timing.
Really Samba doing a great job

joined Nov 30, 2011

HypocriticalLiar

Random Reader:

4 hours later you look and feel like a zombie, peach fuzz in weird places, and somehow it's the next morning.

LOL. I UNDERSTAND. In fact, this last week was so bad, that I literally slept through most of Saturday. When I got up today, I was convinced today was Saturday because I couldn't remember anything that happened yesterday. orz

Ooooo... I'm going to be doing something similar to that tonight... NOT looking forward to it!! X_X

....WOW. That's like...30% retention rate?? Dude, kudos to you, that's rough. LOL. That sounds kinda brutal, and actually a lot like some of the video games I've played. Interesting, lmao. Maybe I'll pick up a biography over the summer. We'll see if my opinion on history changes at all. :P

Lmao, not even the best part. Getting a C was the equivalent to getting an A. If you got a B in her class you had achieved god-like status! If you got an A we'd kick you the fuck out. We didn't want none of your shit lol. NSFW --> Then one day she did a boob drop i.e. grabbed her boob through her shirt, lifted it, and let it drop. SCARRED. FOR. LIFE.

OH. THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS REALLY COOL!! It kind of reminds me of the stuff from the Da Vinci code! (Ah, I'm totally not trying to trivialize your work tho!!). But restoration work? I remember reading something about that being done via tapestries and it taking obscenely long periods of time.

Not at all. Da Vinci Code is really cool and I could totally see people doing that. (I've done it myself lol.) And yeah if I have too. Right now I mostly just do minor maintenance as I don't have the training or experience to restore stuff yet. I just remove rusty staples mostly.

What do you plan to do with Chem Eng.??

Images
joined Sep 30, 2014

Firstly, many thanks for translation! I discovered FF like a week ago and I am already addicted. Your hard work is like a blessing for me :D

Well, she put a face for the cloth bag on her head hahaha.

I was wondering about this face for an hour and i finally remembered. In Japan trash bags with face are quite popular thing. When you fold it, it looks like a rabbit face with ears. http://beautifuldecay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gomi031-565x293.jpg And i guess those bags are used not only for trash, but also for carrying things, because...why not :).
So i wodnered, maybe those bags are used in Korea too and Ssamba is simply a lover of them.
Hope i wasn't captain obvious with that, if i was, sorrry :D

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Someone mentioned a page or two back that their stories need to match up, but I suspect that Seol-a might've just told the truth. Not the whole truth mind you, but that she was uninvited and looking for No-rae.

Saying, it was "for something important" might not work and be too vague, so I have no idea what she might have said after that, but I suspect that she got invited in rather forcefully after she explained the first part because it sounds like her family doesn't get to meet many of No-rae's friends.

Edit: Loving the rabbit trash bags by the way.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 7:57PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Good chapter :D The next chapter is going to be really interesting. I think the words from No-rae's brother are going to make her think a lot, I hope she understands her brother is right and she should give that 'path' a chance. They are so in love ;A; So I'm not expecting No-Rae to snap at her now, at least not in front of her family, I hope they won't fight again... at least not like the last time.

Not related to the story but I can't choose between No-Rae and Seol-A, I mean, I want to use as a DP a pic of one of them but I can't decide who. It's been like this for weeks already lol

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Not related to the story but I can't choose between No-Rae and Seol-A, I mean, I want to use as a DP a pic of one of them but I can't decide who. It's been like this for weeks already lol

Had the same problem. This is what I did.

joined Apr 26, 2015

Gaaaaah! I was super excited about the new chapter I had a hard time sleeping last night. XD

joined Jan 31, 2015

From chapter 32:

No-rae:
Who was the one that said, "Don't go down something that isn't a path"?
Oppa:
It's without a doubt an old saying from the East. But why?
No-rae:
Then whether it's a path...or not a path, how would you know?
Oppa:
What?
No-rae:
How would you be able to distinguish between the two?
Oppa:
I wonder...
No-rae:
The path most traveled is probably the right one...
Oppa:
That's not always the case. The path most traveled would obviously be the one people are most familiar with, so it's the path that feels comfortable and safe.
But there also pioneers who create completely new paths, right?

No-rae:
How do you know what's right? Which do you think would be right?
Oppa:
That isn't something where you can easily separate what's right from wrong.
It's whatever you decide on. A decision that you completely throw yourself into.
No matter what the results are, it's all about having no regrets.
That's what it means to make a meaningful decision.

No-rae:
(small text) Mm...
Oppa:
Asking such straightforward questions... Perhaps there's something she wants to confirm...
(small text) It's like she's saying "That answer is so 'you'"...

I like this man. :3

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 9:56PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

HypocriticalLiar:

^OMG. moonfrost13 I AM DYING. My flailing is bordering on pathetic haha. Jeebus. That was ridiculously cute. A+++++

btw, thank you anon for always posting the fanart!! I don't follow tumblr, so it's nice to get updates when they show up. :))

No prob.

Other than for FF, I don't use Tumblr. In fact, I don't really like Tumblr, especially how the site works (reblogging, so on) and how some blogs use layouts/themes that are incomprehensible.

But it's the place with the most fan content for FF, as far as I can tell. (Do a Google search for "fluttering feelings".) Maybe there's another place, but if there is, I am not aware of it. I would especially want to find a place where the Korean FF fans post their stuff. I mean, FF is #1 on Comico, so I would assume there are quite a lot Korean FF fans out there.

I pretty much only visit this URL on Tumblr:
https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fluttering-feelings

By the way, you have to be logged in if you want to properly see the latest content.

When you're logged in, that URL will show you the latest posts tagged with #fluttering-feelings, sorted with the most recent posts at the top.

But when you're logged out, that URL will show you a completely different page; sort of like a mosaic view of images/posts, but it won't necessarily be the latest posts. (*shrug* Tumblr)

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 10:10PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.