Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Apr 6, 2015

I agree with you 100%!!!....Hahaha, it would be rather confusing (in my opinion) if we were wrong. Please, let us be right Ssamba!

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Umm, I think guessing Seol-A actually had a crush on the girl makes sense after chapter 39, where she realizes her feelings for No-Rae. I don't really think she knew she had a crush on her if this is the case, because it seems that she didn't have a clue about liking No-Rae more than a friend. There were some moments when you can see she was attracted to No-Rae (the moments she recalled in the last chapter) but it doesn't seem like she knew it was romantic/sexual attraction.

It's possible that she liked the girl and now she can put a label to whatever she felt for her at that moment.

I have a question. So Yu-Ji is the girl who betrayed her and whose face was shown later in ch. 31, right? If today's chapter flashback were about Seol-A feelings about girls disliking her, feeling lonely until she met Yu-Ji, while she talks in the present with a girl that looked somewhat unsure to approach her, I think she has to be this Yu-Ji.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Seems like Seol-a is going back over her past relationships with other women/girls she considered to be close friends and evaluating that time and maybe comparing it to her current relationship with No-rae. I saw this because of her, "sister my ass" realization and then she goes to a wedding of some old schoolmates so I'm supposing she's been deep in thought about her female companions over the course of her life.

I think so too. I like that we're getting deeper into Seol-a's thoughts. In the last 39 chapters, we saw a lot of her actions, but we rarely got any glimpse of her inner thoughts about who she was
But I still want more Seola & Norae's moments. I cant believe Norae was out of the picture this chapter. It has never happend before gasp

joined Jan 31, 2015

madlax232:

Umm, I think guessing Seol-A actually had a crush on the girl makes sense after chapter 39, where she realizes her feelings for No-Rae. I don't really think she knew she had a crush on her if this is the case, because it seems that she didn't have a clue about liking No-Rae more than a friend. There were some moments when you can see she was attracted to No-Rae (the moments she recalled in the last chapter) but it doesn't seem like she knew it was romantic/sexual attraction.

It's possible that she liked the girl and now she can put a label to whatever she felt for her at that moment.

Hmm, interesting theory.

I think if Seol-a had a "subconscious crush" on Yu-ji (emphasis on "subconscious"), similar to how she had a "subconscious crush" on No-rae for the longest time, then that's somewhat feasible.

I personally think it's not the case.

But it's still way more feasible than Seol-a actually being thoroughly attracted to Yu-ji romantically and consciously being aware of it. (If so, then she would already know that she can be attracted to girls, in which case why would she have taken 39 chapters to realize her feelings for No-rae?)

madlax232:

I have a question. So Yu-Ji is the girl who betrayed her and whose face was shown later in ch. 31, right?

Yeah, Jang Yu-ji appeared in chapters 12, 14, 31.

Here's a thing I once wrote somewhere else summarizing all her appearances:

As far as we know from her very few flashback appearances so far (chapter 12, 14, 31), she was someone that Seol-a knew in high school. She pretended to be Seol-a's friend, but in fact, she were using her. (And she wasn't the only one, as there were other girls who did the same.)

There has been NO indication so far that she had any romantic interest in Seol-a nor that Seol-a had any romantic interest in her. She was just a fake friend who was using her. (Note: This part is just my opinion and interpretation.)

Chapter 12

Seol-a's thoughts:

"Now that I think about it, there were two types of girl around me.
Girls who spread malicious rumors about me behind my back
and girls who approached me with some underhanded scheme."

Yu-ji was one of the latter.

Flashback:

"Use? What's so bad about that?
If you say it like that, then Baek Seol-a is using us too. When she first came here, she had no friends, after all.
Baek Seol-a's happy because she can hang out with us, and we're happy because we get to have a g.r.e.a.t. friend like her.
That's what you call 'symbiosis.' That's what 'friends' are for."

"Oooh, Jang Yu-ji. That's quite a straightforward comment you're throwing."

"What's the point of beating around the bush when everyone knows the truth anyway."

Chapter 14

In a flashback, Seol-a got back at her by asking Ji-hwan to come to their school and Seol-a pretended that they were really close and probably romantically involved. Yu-ji seemed unhappy to see that (though not clearly shown).

So one of Yu-ji's hidden motives was likely to try to get close to Ji-hwan via Seol-a. Which is what Seol-a thought No-rae was also trying to do.

Continued:

Chapter 31

It's just two panels of flashback. It seems to be Yu-ji staring at Seol-a and looking kind of taken aback, and Seol-a staring back sternly. And they are surrounded by other people who look a bit nervous as though something awkward just happened. So likely, Yu-ji and Seol-a probably just had a confrontation, and Seol-a said something mean and direct to her.

Seol-a got this flashback right after No-rae said to her, "I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore." So my guess is Seol-a said something similar to Yu-ji.

madlax232:

If today's chapter flashback were about Seol-A feelings about girls disliking her, feeling lonely until she met Yu-Ji, while she talks in the present with a girl that looked somewhat unsure to approach her, I think she has to be this Yu-Ji.

Yes, my thoughts as well.

OK... I think I've beaten my opinion to death already, lawl.

I'll just let it play out and see what's actually canon. Ah heck, maybe all the "Yu-ji first crush" people were completely right, and I was completely wrong. :3

Who knows? It's all speculation anyway.

ssamba does manage to surprise us most of the time. (Well, this is true for me anyway.)

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 10:52PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Random Reader:

Good chapter. Nice to have some Seol-a alone time and inner monologue. Don't know why people thought it was a boring chapter. Plenty of important back story going on with a nice lead-in from the previous chapter. I'm personally glad we get to see Seol-a and No-rae having moments without the other always commanding their thoughts and actions. It's nice to see them being themselves without the other there physically or not. I wish more romances depicted this.

Seems like Seol-a is going back over her past relationships with other women/girls she considered to be close friends and evaluating that time and maybe comparing it to her current relationship with No-rae. I saw this because of her, "sister my ass" realization and then she goes to a wedding of some old schoolmates so I'm supposing she's been deep in thought about her female companions over the course of her life.

[...]

ieeheh:

I think so too. I like that we're getting deeper into Seol-a's thoughts. In the last 39 chapters, we saw a lot of her actions, but we rarely got any glimpse of her inner thoughts about who she was
But I still want more Seola & Norae's moments. I cant believe Norae was out of the picture this chapter. It has never happend before gasp

Agree, I liked the chapter as well.

I liked the backstory and the introspection of Seol-a's character, and a very important part of her character at that.

I also think that FF is not just about Seol x Rae but also a story about Seol-a and a story about No-rae. You know, as people, as individuals.

I don't think of it as a story solely about "OMG look how these two are sooo in love with each other!!!" Too many series treat each of the two characters as nothing more than "one half of the couple". As though they don't even exist as separate standalone entities.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 10:47PM

joined Jun 10, 2015

I haven't read the update, but seeing from the comments I think I'd like this one. I always love to know a character's backstory (because it lets us know why a character behaves like this or like that). It sorta makes them more human :3

(I wish NoRae would appear in the next chapter, though! Girl shouldn't disappear for too long—or someone will predict death. lol)

licenciado_gato
joined May 26, 2015

Yeah, I agree. Even I really (REALLY) like watching Seol-Rae moments, I also enjoy watching the story development from different points, this time through the past memories of Seol.
As for me I think this enriches the story. As someone above says, Seol is trying to put their past relationship whith other girls in perspective to understand more her current relationship with No-Rae.

Aaaaand if what you guys is to see more yuri action, W.D.T,F,S. has been added on Dysnaty (our beloved yuri home >///<)

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 11:16PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

We never know when the flashback chapter is coming lol.

It could have been done better though..

I agree. I don't think the chapter is boring and I think it is great to give more insight on Seol-a's past, but this flashback chapter does feel really sudden and kinda random. There wasn't really any lead up to it. Same thing with why she decided to go to the wedding after tossing her invite. It feels out of place from the previous chapter.

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

Overlay version up

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/41

How to use overlay http://bit.do/ffovertoon

Well that was easy to use.

Thanks halmoni, d.d.d. and kyra.

joined Jan 31, 2015

jellyfrapp:

We never know when the flashback chapter is coming lol.

It could have been done better though..

Chikaon:

I agree. I don't think the chapter is boring and I think it is great to give more insight on Seol-a's past, but this flashback chapter does feel really sudden and kinda random. [...]

Flashback chapters are like that.
If you simply lie down and expect yuri action,
one moment they'll suddenly
-bam- get released out of nowhere.
And once you've figured out that you're reading a flashback chapter, it's already too late.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 12:19AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Flashback chapters are like that.
If you simply lie down and expect yuri action,
one moment they'll suddenly
-bam- get released out of nowhere.
And once you've figured out that you're reading a flashback chapter, it's already too late.

Dat reference o.o

The next chapters might get pretty depressing from the looks of it, or start off fluffy then turn stone cold...

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

madlax232:

Hmm, interesting theory.

I think if Seol-a had a "subconscious crush" on Yu-ji (emphasis on "subconscious"), similar to how she had a "subconscious crush" on No-rae for the longest time, then that's somewhat feasible.

I personally think it's not the case.

But it's still way more feasible than Seol-a actually being thoroughly attracted to Yu-ji romantically and consciously being aware of it. (If so, then she would already know that she can be attracted to girls, in which case why would she have taken 39 chapters to realize her feelings for No-rae?)

madlax232:

I have a question. So Yu-Ji is the girl who betrayed her and whose face was shown later in ch. 31, right?

Yeah, Jang Yu-ji appeared in chapters 12, 14, 31.

Here's a thing I once wrote somewhere else summarizing all her appearances:

As far as we know from her very few flashback appearances so far (chapter 12, 14, 31), she was someone that Seol-a knew in high school. She pretended to be Seol-a's friend, but in fact, she were using her. (And she wasn't the only one, as there were other girls who did the same.)

There has been NO indication so far that she had any romantic interest in Seol-a nor that Seol-a had any romantic interest in her. She was just a fake friend who was using her. (Note: This part is just my opinion and interpretation.)

Chapter 12

Seol-a's thoughts:

"Now that I think about it, there were two types of girl around me.
Girls who spread malicious rumors about me behind my back
and girls who approached me with some underhanded scheme."

Yu-ji was one of the latter.

Flashback:

"Use? What's so bad about that?
If you say it like that, then Baek Seol-a is using us too. When she first came here, she had no friends, after all.
Baek Seol-a's happy because she can hang out with us, and we're happy because we get to have a g.r.e.a.t. friend like her.
That's what you call 'symbiosis.' That's what 'friends' are for."

"Oooh, Jang Yu-ji. That's quite a straightforward comment you're throwing."

"What's the point of beating around the bush when everyone knows the truth anyway."

Chapter 14

In a flashback, Seol-a got back at her by asking Ji-hwan to come to their school and Seol-a pretended that they were really close and probably romantically involved. Yu-ji seemed unhappy to see that (though not clearly shown).

So one of Yu-ji's hidden motives was likely to try to get close to Ji-hwan via Seol-a. Which is what Seol-a thought No-rae was also trying to do.

Continued:

Chapter 31

It's just two panels of flashback. It seems to be Yu-ji staring at Seol-a and looking kind of taken aback, and Seol-a staring back sternly. And they are surrounded by other people who look a bit nervous as though something awkward just happened. So likely, Yu-ji and Seol-a probably just had a confrontation, and Seol-a said something mean and direct to her.

Seol-a got this flashback right after No-rae said to her, "I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore." So my guess is Seol-a said something similar to Yu-ji.

madlax232:

If today's chapter flashback were about Seol-A feelings about girls disliking her, feeling lonely until she met Yu-Ji, while she talks in the present with a girl that looked somewhat unsure to approach her, I think she has to be this Yu-Ji.

Yes, my thoughts as well.

OK... I think I've beaten my opinion to death already, lawl.

I'll just let it play out and see what's actually canon. Ah heck, maybe all the "Yu-ji first crush" people were completely right, and I was completely wrong. :3

Who knows? It's all speculation anyway.

ssamba does manage to surprise us most of the time. (Well, this is true for me anyway.)

Thanks for pointing out the chapters where Yu-Ji appeared and what happened in those chapters revolving her. The truth is that I was a little lost when I kept reading "Yu-Ji" here haha. I knew who she was but not really? I guess lol.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Aha, I see now! Thanks for the clarification everyone!

On a side note, Seol-a used to dance ballet. I wonder if she can play an instrument. Piano would suit her long fingers. Not the long nails though hahaha.

I'd suggest picking up fiddle, judging from how adept she was at playing Norae like one in the last chapter.

joined Feb 17, 2015

It would be kinda weird it the present girl was Yu-Ji. Generally people criticize Fluttering feeling because all the girls looks the same and there a character get this much change x)

They have the same face because they had done a plastic surgery, so thats make sense. LOL

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

It would be kinda weird it the present girl was Yu-Ji. Generally people criticize Fluttering feeling because all the girls looks the same and there a character get this much change x)

They have the same face because they had done a plastic surgery, so thats make sense. LOL

I thought this too! haha

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Another funny goddess reference (?) I noticed. The chapter was a time travel to Seol-a's past. And Seol-a was wearing a ribbon. I know I'm forcing it kinda, but still ^__^

joined Jun 21, 2015

Sigh, I'll probably be reading the previous chapter and the one before that. After having read them last week, I need more SeolRae moments! T_T

Me too T.T

Let's go bask in those chapters' glory!

licenciado_gato
joined May 26, 2015

I actually do believe that soela had some feelings for yu ji, but she didn't know what they were. Remember back at chap. 18, when soela laid down next no rae, she said that "something like this happened before. It's little weird."
So from that we can see that if soela felt like that before then it's must have been with yu ji since she never had any girl friends before.
P.s: lol now that i reread chap 18, it's funny how soela went in a room full of her classmates and laid down next no rae and kept staring at her for a while and she only thought that it's a little weird. Soela your gayness is just unbearable XD.

I thought the same, but reading the halmoni's translation on pastebin of that chapter, there is a translator note that mention that when Seol-a says "something like this happened before" she is making reference to the night seol-a stayed on No-rae apartment in Chapter 4.
For some reason this t/n doesn't appear on the typset version of that chapter, so that's why I also interpreted that phrase as you did

But what she say after that, about feeling weird and anxious, I think you are right by saying that Soela gayness is just unbearable. ;)

joined Jun 10, 2015

I'm suddenly wondering whether there's a yuri manga/webtoon/comic with a strong second lead syndrome or not...

actually it's not sudden, I'm watching a Korean's drama School 2015 and the amount of second lead syndrome here is too damn high

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 11:07AM

No%20rae%206
joined Jun 8, 2015

Gotta let Ssamba explore the characters properly. We already have a handle on No-Rae's feelings but Seol-A is still going through her own introspection phase. She's gotta get to the core of what these new feelings for No-Rae means. Ssamba seems to be hinting at the past as some kind of important factor in all this. Why would we be exploring flashbacks if that weren't the case? Examining her past friendships with girls and especially this Yu-Ji character will probably aid her in discovering something about herself. TBH, it's hard to say what that might be right now. She trusts and feels for No-Rae so completely at this point that I'm hard pressed to figure out how it would affect her feelings in regards to No-Rae.

With that said could have used just a quick panel of No-Rae. Maybe just a glance at her sleeping face. Wait is that too creepy?!

joined Mar 28, 2014

I'm suddenly wondering whether there's a yuri manga/webtoon/comic with a strong second lead syndrome or not...

isn't it obvious that Seol-a needs to stay with Ji-hwan?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

What are you talking about, the good guy is definitely Kyeong-Woo (was that his name ?)

joined Mar 28, 2014

What are you talking about, the good guy is definitely Kyeong-Woo (was that his name ?)

Damn speaking foxy citrus! That sounds like a love triangle!

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

seems like seola's first love. :) let's see.

joined Jun 10, 2015

Damn speaking foxy citrus! That sounds like a love triangle!

Nam Jihwan has oppazoned himself in the earlier chapters though...

And according to Kkyung, Kyungwoo is busy doing 'chanting away ghost' ceremony. Which means, by drama's logic, he should be paired with ghost because love-hate relationship, people.

although we can always have Norae-Seola-Jihwan-Jihwan's Prof(?)-Kyungwoo-Ghost-Seolla's Oppa-Seolla's Oppa's Car hexagonal love. it'll be finished after a thousand or so chapters...

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.