Forum › Anime season

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh yeah, Izetta is definitely eye candy. But holy shit tho, she has a decent cup size.
Ep 4 was good, it was less tense than the previous ones, we get a bit more info on the characters, Izetta's background. Setting her up for her future role, strategies and shit. I'm kinda worried tho tbh, at the price she's paying (in a conflict of values/the way she was raised, kind of way). That witches who revealed the secret of their power were to be killed, along with the outsiders. That the White Witch was a traitor to the other witches. I need to know more about the White Witch, who was she, what did she do, why did she do it, at what cost? The history of witches, and their 'coexistence' with other people seem really interesting. Izetta's the last one, and everyone seems more surprised at how there's still magic, not that it exists at all. Since she's the last one, I guess that there has just been little of them left before her, and they likely stayed low too.
We know she traveled around a lot with her grandmother, and she mentioned that because she couldn't control her powers very well, that they couldn't stay in one place for long. I wonder what happens after she does, could they ever settle down? Is that the common livelihood for witches, I wonder, or is it because they are the last of their kind, that such measures must be taken, that there is no one else they can rely on. I kinda wanna know how she was captured too, and assuming her grandmother passed away, how, and when. If Izetta had to travel alone after, if she was older, or still young. If she was already alone, by the time she met Fine. She seemed to have been alone, that time Fine defended her. I can't imagine that her grandmother would let her be cornered like that, and not come in to help

Also lewd, the hand holding ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A good summary of the episode

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-23/yuki-yuna-is-a-hero-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-2017/.107995

fistpump

That's so fucking cool
I'm only vaguely aware of the other storylines, how they connect to the one we saw/from season 1 (??) but I'm hyped
Oh god this is gonna be so tragic, I just remembered what this is about. Oh god they're so fucked, I'm so scared

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 2:57PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-23/yuki-yuna-is-a-hero-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-2017/.107995

fistpump

Awesome! Though I admit that the first season made me cry, so I'm kinda afraid of this too. xD

joined Jan 21, 2015

fistpump

Great news! The first season's ending was... really open-ended about some things, and I was intrigued by the setting, so I'm on board. I must love pain, I guess. I thought the Washio Sumi light novel was good but I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to seeing that story animated because ouch. At least knowing what happens will make it less painful?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Shit got real in Vivid Strike so uh...should the charges be attempted murder or just plain homicide? the defense said: "they had it coming".

In Show by Rack Rosia pretty much said "I'm not in love with Cyan, unlike you, I just admire her " RIP RoCyan shippers CriCri OT4 ftw. They also put the awesome high-five in the game lol, I just wish it was a poster instead. STILL NO YURI FAN-GIRLING DAMMIT!

Also, someone picked Maho girls Precure back up...I should send them a love letter or something ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Finally, on Arc-v Yuzu ...she continues to be Peach...hmm...we still have Serena I guess...kinda...not really...

Pretty good week overall!

joined Mar 11, 2016

^ Rinne outright massacred them. I don't blame her of course. But now I don't see her as the villain anymore and I am not disappointed.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I enjoyed the Ping Pong Girls ep so much, the competitiveness of sport plots + cute girls really gets to me, apparently. It was a bit more slice of life-ish this time, but we got to see Koyori sticking to Agari and it was cute. In all honestly, I thought it looked dumb at first glance and wasn't planning on even trying, but fuck, its so fun
And the captain's back, and shit happened.

The captain and Boob senpai are very much shippable
I rewatched the first scene of the first episode, it kinda makes me wonder about the other teams. The girl who defeated the captain of the strongest school had dogs on her socks, the same motif as Koyori. We don't see her anymore, in the OP it seems, and the focus is on this other school's team.
The anime's probs only gonna adapt a part of the manga (which is ongoing), which is understandable/obvious, but I hope it doesn't cut somewhere weird/too climatic

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 3:37PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Ping Pong girls is good. 6 girls, 3 couples! Shipping is strong with this one.

And Hibike 2's episode 4 was kinda gay. Or maybe my goggles are on overdrive...

joined Sep 21, 2014

I saw the last ep for Magical Girl Raising Project, it was actually good. Like we already know that shit's gonna be dark, ppl are gonna die, but nothing interesting really happened in the first 3 episodes, imo, but ep 4 was pretty solid; some of the bits and pieces of foreshadowing and eerie feels finally amounted to something. I didn't REALLY see it coming, but I had a feeling that something of the kind could happen, but when I actually saw it, I was still pretty surprised. It was good.
La Pucelle's name still makes me cringe af tho (the one boy magical girl, the knight one). 'Pucelle' literally means virgin girl. He/she's literally running around being called "The Virgin". I think all the names have like, some relevance to the characters (a magical girl wearing a swimsuit=Swim Swim, the dictator/royalty girl=Ruler), but why is hers that? Hm. And why is it THE Virgin? I wonder if it refers to something.
Pfft, k I googled it. Jeanne d'Arc/Joan of Arc was nicknamed La Pucelle d'Orléans. Well knowing it refers to a heroic historic figure makes it feel less cringey, but it's still a horrible nickname. but it's k cus most ppl don't know
I hope La Pucelle doesn't die tragically.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Wtf with Engaged to the Unidentified even the gay secretary turn het!!!! Ffff?!!! Rip Yuri.

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 4:08PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faust posted:

Pfft, k I googled it. Jeanne d'Arc/Joan of Arc was nicknamed La Pucelle d'Orléans. Well knowing it refers to a heroic historic figure makes it feel less cringey, but it's still a horrible nickname. but it's k cus most ppl don't know
I hope La Pucelle doesn't die tragically.

FIRE FIRE... HELLFIRE!! just kidding.... Actually she is my favorite hero, is such a tragic ending that's why even if I love Drifters, I have conflicted feelings watching her there like a psychopath.
Actually I don't like to see her anywhere because it makes me sad, I remember her seeing Inazuma Eleven (u/////u) and they traveled to the past and had a match (futbol...) with some heroes including her, they were like "Omg it's you!!!!" and she looked so kind and full of hope... None of the kids thought "Hey... You are cool, don't go to France tomorrow".

Retoree... It was cute to see her falling for Cyan, because you can't count this as subtext when she goes to Cyan's room to sniff the pillows.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Retoree... It was cute to see her falling for Cyan, because you can't count this as subtext when she goes to Cyan's room to sniff the pillows.

She totally fallen for her in the first season already. You could hardly call it subtext back then when she was getting all red and going all crazy over her.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

A "bit" late, but some thoughts on last week's eps,

Occultic;Nine
Well, if Aria (the girl who puts curses on others) wasn't already my favorite character prior to Ep 3, she certainly is now; her past and obssession with her older brother is so morbid but yet I find it tremendously appealing and can actually relate with her to some extent, definitely contender for Best Girl of the season for me.

Flip Flappers
Loved the Mad Max references in this ep, and Cocona x Papika is pretty much Yuri couple of the year for me at this point. Also, the episodic antagonist's fondness of bondage is...interesting, to say the least.

Regalia
All of the 3 Regalia are finally together now and odd evul kid is "dead"...although I've a feeling things would only escalate from here considering Rux Ex Machina was sealed with the combined powers of the 3 Regalia in the first place; so in freeing Kei, they might've inadvertedly freed the Final Boss from it's prison as well.

Brave Witches
Thank Ra the ep seems to have somewhat resolved the animosity between Kanno and Hikari, the former was really irritating with her irrational dislike for Hikari. But that aside, all the other characters are good first impressions-wise, my favorite at this moment is definitely the "prince" type character (whose name escapes me...) that told Hikari to refer to her as 'Countess'; and also, it seems like Nipa and Hikari's friendship will be akin to that between Lynne and Yoshika, which should be interesting to see.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 6:57AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Finally watched LLS..........
I dont see why people are complaining so much about ChikaRiko, it was cute and the closest thing to canon LL will ever go, but I suppose to all the straight male yuri fans keeping it subtext is more important so it doesn't interfere with your ship/self insert huh?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

So, how many think the ship of Mahou Shoujo Keikaku, La Pucelle x Snow White as yuri taking count the genderswap?
I think is pretty safe since we only had emotional scene with her female form and she is cool
//beeimg.com/view/p4616834038/

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 12:58PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Hypnoboobs and teleporting butts. Keijo!!!!! never disappoints.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So no one is watching Vivid Strike? becoz we had some fucking brutal strikes this week!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

No way around it now Cocona and Papika are married.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

So no one is watching Vivid Strike? becoz we had some fucking brutal strikes this week!

i am and its fucking awesome

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urashi C. Pin posted:

i am and its fucking awesome

We all wanted that to happen but when it happened, we couldn't believe it.

And yes!! FlipFlappers giving us the yuri this season very stronk

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

WHAT THE FUCK

wat thhhee hell

joined Sep 21, 2014

I never brought it up because it's not as relevant to the general interest here but I'm also sorta following Watashi ga Motete Dousunda (Kiss Him, Not Me) because a hot androgynous bi girl joins the main girl's harem later on (end of vol 2)
The plot is pretty ridiculous, but it's written as good fun and all, probably. A chubs yaoi fangirl becomes hot when she 'accidentally' slims down and then gets a male harem. It's mainly awks for her cus she rather ship the boys than date them. My main interest in the series, (which is honestly not super worth my time but I love her), is Nishina Shima, a girl who, after a plot twist on her gender (they all first meet her as she was crossplaying at comiket), joins the harem and whenever she can, not-super-ambiguously flirts with the main girl.
Ep 4 (which she is introduced in) isn't subbed yet but I'm super anxious about it
In the manga, along with the other guys, she's like almost as much as a dating option as the rest, but in the anime OP she isn't shown with the rest, like a "dating option", and just seems like a friend (like, if you didn't know of her later role/actions from the manga, you probs wouldn't have realised that she's supposed to be part of the harem)
Jfc, I'm pretty scared. Out of everyone in the group, she's actually the first to actually kiss Kae (sneaked a surprise kiss in, all the guys freaked out, it was delicious). If they don't animate that im pretty much gonna rage.
I need to see this kiss
Nishina's introduction and the kiss are the biggest plot twists tbh, they're great, she's great
It stood out to me, I've never heard of a reverse harem manga with a girl in the main girl's harem, let alone one that arguably makes the most progress within her second chapter.
Gdi, I need ep 4 to perfectly adapt those chapters

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bandai Namco is making a Klonoa anime based on the games. Might not be yuri, but I loved playing the first two so I'm pretty excited.

last edited at Oct 28, 2016 9:51AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Brave witches used too much low quality CGI!!! Unbearable.....rip anime

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

koneko posted:

Brave witches used too much low quality CGI!!! Unbearable.....rip anime

AND that's why I like long riders too, they use cgi but still looks good

To reply you must either login or sign up.