Forum › Anime season

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Death Parade that has more adult characters and you can see the artstyle change.

Are you still talking about Kyoani?
You're not right?
You can see the"art style change" from what/who?

*Violet Evergarden. It's a more mature and complicated story than the typical highschool girl anime they do. So the artstyle also changed too.
It's not just the art, but the animation. Their scenes look pretty realistic and detailed.
It's personal preference. But I don't think if someone doesn't like the glossiness of an artstyle, it makes the art bad. Because this is a subjective.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah ok good. Didn't see your last post (a min apart and all)
I was confused cus that wasn't Kyoani, that's all

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

they really don't change much, if it all.

All the caps for KyoAni are from the same angle for the same/similar reaction shot. Do I even have to go on?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Knowing that Kyoani is making it.

Well, RIP any high odds of me watching this. Might give it a go if I am that bored and wanted to watch something.

I hate KyoAni almost as much as Digibro hates A-1 Pictures.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

Well, RIP any high odds of me watching this. Might give it a go if I am that bored and wanted to watch something.

He doesn't hate it per se. More like by this point if anime is made by A-1 Picture it is a good sign it will suck, but they can still make good anime once in a while.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I see, well even more so now, I share the same sentiments towards KyoAni.

Which is rather ironic because I actually like A-1 Pictures, considering some of my most enjoyed anime in the recent 5 years were made by them (Vividred Operation, Qualidea Code, Cinderella Girls, Occultic;Nine).

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 9:39PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

^ I see, well even more so now, I share the same sentiments towards KyoAni.

Which is rather ironic because I actually like A-1 Pictures, considering some of my most enjoyed anime in the recent 5 years were made by them (Vividred Operation, Qualidea Code, Cinderella Girls, Occultic;Nine).

Why you dislike KyoAni so much btw?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Most of their works are overrated and I don't enjoy watching them (actually at this point I tend to avoid anything made by KyoAni); the only KyoAni work I somewhat enjoyed was Chuunibyou, and even that was largely due to me having blatant seiyuu bias. KyoAni is the only well knowned studio that I know of where I never truly liked any anime in their entire repertoire. By comparison,

Madhouse: Mahouka, Overlord, HoTD.
Silver Link: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Girl Friend Kari, OtoBoku OVA
Studio Gonzo: Strike Witches, Rosairo + Vampire, Zettai Bōei Leviathan
Shaft: PMMM: Rebellion, Maria Holic, Kizumonogatari (and by some extent, most of the Monogatari anime in general)
Doga Kobo: Hidan no Aria AA, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, New Game
Studio Deen: KoreZom, Sakura Trick
Lerche: Unbreakable Machine Doll, Danganronpa

All of which are anime that I enjoyed by their own merit and not due to me having a favorable seiyuu bias that automatically glosses over the anime as 'decent'.

Edit: In fact, most well-knowned anime studios that I know of have at least one anime that I really enjoyed even if their other works are not to my tastes:

Wit Studio - Kabaneri
Studio Bones - Soul Eater NOT
Brain Base - Durarara
Gainax - Houkago no Pleiades OVA
Unlimited Budget Works (Ufotable) - Fate/Zero
P.A Works - Another
Tatsunoko Production - Gatchaman Crowds

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 10:14PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So MahoIku has a lesbian couple now

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

What anime is this? Who are they? I'd like to see a scene of them. There's never enough yuri for me!

joined Sep 21, 2014

What anime is this? Who are they? I'd like to see a scene of them. There's never enough yuri for me!

I haven't seen the last ep yet but it's probs Magical Girl Raising Project

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I haven't seen the last ep yet but it's probs Magical Girl Raising Project

Ehh. I lost interest in that show when I heard the main love interest is a genderbend boy. I hate genderbend as much as I hate het. xD

Still wanna see the yuri stuff.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, MahoIku is the short form for Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, which is known as Magical Girl Raising Project in english. Yuri stuff is throughout episode 5

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I personally prefer calling it MahouKei tbh, but on topic, hopefully this yuri couple survives to the end of the season, or at least dies together.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I dont think KyoAni is going to make any big changes, so its probably safe.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ehh. I lost interest in that show when I heard the main love interest is a genderbend boy.

Speaking of genderbender, anyone seen Kampfer?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I have. Hardly the best thing ever, but Sakura alone makes the anime watchable to some degree.

Hopefully, I'll see how it goes when Spring 2017 comes around before deciding if I want to pick it up.

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 11:57AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

It's funny because when it was airing, Sakura was the most hated character in the fandom.
It had good potential yuri-wise, but this show pretty much sums up the notion of "at the end of the day, het always win" type of logic. I can't explain it better.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I've heard, or rather read lol. Quite sad tbh, her character was the only aspect of the anime I liked.

And indeed, it's quite unfortunate, the manga/LN does confirm that Natsuru eventually returns back into a guy

joined Sep 21, 2014

Saw the MGirls Raising Project ep, it was ight, Sister Nana annoys me with her idealism and naivety, Winterprison isn't characterized enough, she's just really aloof, but their scenes together are nice and intimate.
What's worrisome is that now I know I'd feel like shit if any one of them were to die, including if they died together. If something were to happen to one, likely the other will follow tbh, they rely on each other a lot, they are as much each other's strength as they are each other's weakness.
Oh, and I hope the robot dies. She's just a bitch.
New girl is all mysterious and dark, I seriously snorted when her name was revealed to be 'Hardgore Alice', like sure, yeah, that sounds absolutely warm and welcoming, I'm sure she's gonna be really friendly and not kill anyone

Izetta just worries me, I'm just waiting for when all the plot points and foreshadowing collide and it all goes wrong and the stress goes up. If it's not this ep, it might be the next, and so on. I guess the slight fanservice will always be there, the only two outfits she has are design to show cleavage, which is visually kinda an irk (the red outfit is super cute and looks really good tho), knowing that it's pretty much intentional, but everything else is fine, Izetta, ofc, blushed at Fine's coronation, when they stared into each other's eyes and shit.

I'm not sure what's going on with Regalia, but Yui as a child was cute. Pretty much everyone has a loli, except Retsu, the childhood friend, and she's probably the biggest lolicon

Finally got around to watch the latest Hibike ep and omg it was fucking good, super emotional, super shippable (other girls than Kumiko and Reina), it was absolutely amazing, fucking feels

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 4:43PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

KyoAni regularly makes massive changes to whatever they're adapting. Maid Dragon is far enough into their comfort zone that it's probably not going to be butchered, but I'll be very surprised if it's a straight adaptation

Speaking of genderbender, anyone seen Kampfer?

I think I dropped it a few episodes in on the basis of not being very good

I'm not sure what's going on with Regalia

That part is assumed, isn't it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

KyoAni regularly makes massive changes to whatever they're adapting. Maid Dragon is far enough into their comfort zone that it's probably not going to be butchered, but I'll be very surprised if it's a straight adaptation

Filler episodes, ahoy!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Whoa! 2 pages of KyoAni hate lol. Right now, I just hope it doesn't get to the point that I decide to ignore the anime completely.

Vivid Strike: even if the plot hasn't gone anywhere yet, I'm satisfied with Rinne's story. It definitely feels more like the OG Nanoha over Vivid, which feels more like a history lesson a lot of the time.

Show by rock# continues to be the 1 of the 3 most fun ongoing anime for me. I like the fact that Ninjinriot placed 6th on the popularity boards considering they just arrived from the future. I also went back and watched the S1 ep where Aion gets possesed and then re-watched Ailane, her proper name will take time to sink in, the scene and dialogues were pretty similar. And holy crap the animation quality went up between seasons!

The Izetta bad guys are pretty bland and I think that's the reason why I don't really care when the main characters aren't on-screen. I also get the weird feeling that either Finé or Izetta might die or something at the end...

hmm....maybe later...

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

from the looks of it kyoani already butcher cool sensei character design.

little witch academy 2017 pv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwo6IkL1a0U
trigger should do it.

last edited at Oct 31, 2016 7:00AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So far, Yuri-wise i know for next season:

Dragon Yuri
https://anilist.co/anime/21776/KobayashisanChinoMaidragon

Kuzuno Honkai
https://anilist.co/anime/21701/KuzunoHonkai
which someone posted a thread about.
It's a Het Yuri soap opera, I read the last 5 chapters translated (theres like 40 chapters) it looks like the Yuri couple is formed... ongoing series, so anything may happen with them, they might break up for all i know. From what I read, ppl don't see them being a couple as a good thing for the characters.
Also looks like its has another girl who also is in to her. Bunch of Love Triangles too...

Grandblue Fantasy
https://anilist.co/anime/21361/GRANBLUEFANTASYTheAnimation
I don't know much about it. But I recall mentioning, somewhere, that theres a lesbian character.

and some that will probably have Subtext:

https://anilist.co/anime/87435/BanGDream

https://anilist.co/anime/21878/GabrielDropout

https://anilist.co/anime/97618/IdolJihen

https://anilist.co/anime/21298/MinamiKamakuraKoukouJoshiJitenshaBu

https://anilist.co/anime/21696/UraraMeirochou

last edited at Oct 31, 2016 2:40PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.