Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Second ep of Flip Flappers was fun, but if anything less yuri than the first. I mean maybe with the friend, but there honestly wasn't anything to speak of that couldn't easily fall under "friends". Still, it's a really fun series so far and yuri or not I'm looking forward to the next one. Been a while since I've wanted to watch an anime this much.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Kaiju Girls is brilliant, it's so cute omg. Wish it could be longer, but, having 5 mins per ep gives a certain charm to it as well.

Brave Witches is also shaping up to potentially be one of my AoTY this season; Hikari is still proving to be a great character similar to Miyafuji in the original Strike Witches, and so far it seems like her story will be focused on her improving her combat capabilities + learning to control her powers. Cast of the 502 Division isn't as "interesting" as the 501st currently, but I'm sure they'll be expanded upon more in time.

Side note, the OP and ED for Brave Witches are a lot better than the ones in the Strike Witches installments (sans movie) imo.

last edited at Oct 14, 2016 8:43PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

One of the best Jojo episode in part 4.

Lol as many epic lines:

Act 3: "Let's kill da ho! Beetch"

Also Josuke have diginity he won't hurt an injured person even an enemy.....

...he will heal them first then kick their ass XD

Rohan still not friends with Josuke and arrogant as ever. But thats why i love his character.

last edited at Oct 14, 2016 8:44PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Flip Flappers' second ep was fun as heck, very enjoyable, I cracked up a couple of times and had to pause to take it in
Tho the ending was abrupt, kinda like the first ep's. I don't really understand how it went from the ending of the first episode to the start of the new one, it seemed like a scary/alarming situation and then everything was fine, even her glasses were fixed. When Papika returned them, they were still cracked.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Flip Flappers' second ep was fun as heck, very enjoyable, I cracked up a couple of times and had to pause to take it in
Tho the ending was abrupt, kinda like the first ep's. I don't really understand how it went from the ending of the first episode to the start of the new one, it seemed like a scary/alarming situation and then everything was fine, even her glasses were fixed. When Papika returned them, they were still cracked.

I'm certain Grandma will turn out to be in on it somehow and possibly have powers of her own.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Perhaps. Both ep started with her practically waiting for Cocona to wake up, and ask her about possible bad dreams.
Oh, it's nice that both worlds they've visited had like, fairy tale-ish feels. I'm not sure about the snow world, but you do see Cocona put sweets on the ground, to mark their path, and the second ep has them in this crazy-looking place after falling down a hole chasing after a rabbit.
I didn't realise immediately, but the ED is like, the Hansel and Gretel story. I didn't notice until I realised that the scary tree thing was a witch, when I realised that the flamey hand was from Cocona pushing her into the stove
Each place seems intriguing and really magical/wonderful-feeling :D I'm having fun

Oh, I saw a comment on facebook about how it's probs about perception of reality, especially since the rabbit is named 'Uexkull'. Personally I have noticed how peculiar that name was, but I hadn't looked it up until now, but it's interesting :D They do call that place "Pure Illusion" too. I'm not sure about ep 1, but they were clearly inside a distorted representation of the vacuum cleaner in the second one.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I'm a bit surprised by how much stuff I have on my watchlist this season!

Longriders is cute. The fact that the characters are college-aged is a plus. I'm enjoying Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume as well. I'm glad we have two girls' sports anime this season, although Longriders is more of a slice-of-life show than a sports story. I also kind of feel like picking up that rugby anime.

Izetta is solid so far, but I think I'll wait for the end of the season before deciding if I should keep watching. I just needed to point out that shot in the OP of a huge gun with a writhing naked girl in the background. Very subtle.

Stella no Mahou is fun, I like the weird joke of the cute girl with a classic decades-old art style. Nothing blatantly yuri has jumped out at me yet, but the author apparently draws a lot of adult yuri manga so I guess there's hope(?).

Brave Witches: the first two episodes were an introduction and as of now it's hard to tell if the new characters will work well as a team, but I like Hikari. I also watched the Operation Victory Arrow OVA recently and couldn't help but notice the (almost disturbing for this franchise) lack of yuri. Hopefully this newest installment will rectify that.

Flip Flappers is... really weird. But in a good way? I'm intrigued, in any case. I love creative worldbuilding and there's a lot of that here.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Some weekly round-up thoughts for what I am watching (sans Brave Witches),

• Occultic;Nine is continuing to be an enjoyable ride, although it's sad that the potential yuri ship in the anime apparently got sunk down the ep it got introduced. RIP Myu x Chi Ep 2 to Ep 2...probably Keeping

• Izetta is still on the lines of being interesting if Izetta herself and Fine is involved, and relatively boring without them; I'll very likely just place it on hold until Winter 2017 arrives. On-hold

• MahouKei doesn't seem to be going anywhere with ep 3 thus far, and I don't think I would want to follow the pacing until we get to the Battle Royale aspects, sadly.. Dropped

• Flip Flappers is continuing to the most enjoyable anime out of everything I am watching this Fall season, really looking forward to seeing Cocona and Papika's adventures every week. Keeping

• Regalia just had it's second 2 part ep and finally introduced the 3rd Regalia mecha with a pretty well done battle this week; also look like this ep and the next will be the prelude into the end-game of the anime. Keeping

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 12:22AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Izetta wasted an episode on no-names? darn... you're supposed to care about them! it's war! and it's HORRIBLE!...nah sorry, but I can't.

...Oh and...did I mention how gay Retoree was last week? no? uh...yeah lol-pyuru. Other than that, SB69 S2 has been hilarious so far.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Dragonball Super episode was just.....horrible. Just horrible.

If the animation weren't shit enought,the show is not even following logic anymore.

Trunks getting mad and able to fight two SsB level characters without even having God Ki?

Hello? Is logic home?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Izetta this week was literally (ง •̀_•́)╯︵ ┻━┻︵┬─┬︵ ┻━┻ and it was fascinating, seeing more of Izetta's powers in play
The first half was heavy, depressing and tragic cus war is a terrible thing, but it's k cus Izetta's got this. I like Izetta, she's kind and clumsy, but is also determined and has the means to bring crucial change. I'm pretty fond of her.
On the downside for me, it like, the light fanservice. It's kind of... like, it's out of place? That's the main thing I find sort of awks, because there's all this shit going on and you're really invested in it cus it's intense and suddenly you get a close up/flash of her butt or thighs or something and it's just sort of random.
Ah, also the music was great. When Izetta kicked shit up, the music for the entire scene was pretty awesome

Magical Girl Raising was ehhh idk, there's angst of death and all building. I'm not gonna be glad at anyone dying, but I also don't have characters I actually like because each of them were only like, briefly/superficially presented. At this point, unpleasant characters are just dislikable, and 'nicer' ones are just sorta neutral for me.

I finally watched the first episode of Keijo. I had stopped after 3 minutes last week cus I was cringing too hard, but I'm good now, it was fine. The setting/premises are still ridiculous, but I'm able to find humour in it now. Lmao @the girl Hanabi, who practically uppercuts ppl with her ass.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 10:16AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So is Izetta actually yuri? Or the usual friendship-borderline questionable relationship?
I was checking this season's anime and I saw a lot of stuff I didn't find interesting, but somehow I skipped this too. But now that I checked it, it is actutally quite interesting.
Besides the Hime x Witch parts, I like the setting and premise. Also the mc, which is nice since a lot of main characters plainly suck and are quite bland in general

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 7:37PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Even if izetta doesn't have any yuri in it. I know that I will enjoy it because of the storyline, characters and soundtrack. I like anime with plot and izetta has that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Takkyuu Musume is giving enough yuri vibes for the whole season... I'm pretty sure we had an orgasm or 2 during episode 3, not to mention that dirty, wet and kinky handholding

Show By Rock... I guess it was to be expected, but when you start with time travels, ninjas, galaxy domination and the end of the world, having the girls worried about selling cookies is very silly, the next episode is about a pool ! BIKINIS! and... ufff Retore, you might want to get more aggressive because someone else is trying to get in the way.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 10:46PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

SB69 S2 ep 3 had so many band cameos and references for people who play the game! it's like: ok! we gonna make all the fans happy now.
The Cheety/Lyna cameo kinda bothered me...why were they just standing there? perhaps...cut content? insert X-files theme That would explain why MariMari was just kinda there for no reason; and why Pig Macaron didn't go all fangirl mode on Lyna, seriously I can't ignore any possible yuri! or maybe I'm just salty cuz one of my favorite bands didn't get a line of dialog -wha!? they'll show up in the next episode? uh...I'll just shut up until then...

Also, a ship set sail on Ping pong girls XD.

Show By Rock... I guess it was to be expected, but when you start with time travels, ninjas, galaxy domination and the end of the world, having the girls worried about selling cookies is very silly, the next episode is about a pool ! BIKINIS! and... ufff Retore, you might want to get more aggressive because someone else is trying to get in the way.

Not to mention they also set up Arcareafact to be ShinganZ rivals. The plot is so silly that even this sounds possible: nothing happens until ep 11. Then Aireen shows up and is all like "it's just a prank, bro!" and spends the final episode having sex with Peipein and Hundreko lol...actually that would be kinda cool.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

this season is kinda shit.

only watching Stella no Mahou this season, cuz it reminds me of New Game, tho I'm, for the most part, kinda "ehhh" on it.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

this season is kinda shit.

only watching Stella no Mahou this season, cuz it reminds me of New Game, tho I'm, for the most part, kinda "ehhh" on it.

Really? I think this season is great!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Doesn't have the hugest number of shows I like, but it has several I really like. I'd certainly consider it above-average

joined Sep 21, 2014

Im following a lot of shows tbh, at least 5
Oh, ping pong grills ep 3 was intense and blushy, it was amazing/super fun, I get the "orgasm" comment now. I was really worried about Agari tbh, but she grew and all, she'll be just fine. But wow tho, the dialogue and expressions in this episode, they could easily be quoted/reused in nsfw doujins.
So there's Agari/Koyori, Hanabi/Hokuto and maybe a possible third ship, Oppai-senpai and the... one with the healed foot. She seems peculiar, but interesting.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Flip Flappers keeps getting wilder, crazier, yurier and madmax

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OK! I'm dubbing that Flip Flappers episode "Hokuto no Precure!" and maybe put a "Z" at the end of that...also...was that a yuri harem/orgy?

Ewww Stella is het! **** this! Senpai/Kouhai yuri! lol

On Regalia, I'm not sure if I should see Ingrid-Kei as sisters or sisters? hmm...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

OK! I'm dubbing that Flip Flappers episode "Hokuto no Precure!" and maybe put a "Z" at the end of that...also...was that a yuri harem/orgy?

Don't leave out the jawas and Mad Max guys! And, yes, that was a yuri slave harem

On Regalia, I'm not sure if I should see Ingrid-Kei as sisters or sisters? hmm...

I don't think we have enough information yet. The part that confuses me, though, is where the story is going to go now

joined Sep 21, 2014

Flip Flappers was fucking cool, I loved Papika's (again, shredded but) really cool outfit, their fight was super rad
Cocona was basically the head of a gang tbh, and it was badass too
The boss was... well I thought she was really creepy. Tbh I would've thought the show to be kid-friendly but then I saw all the gags and never miiinnndd
I fucking knew it @Yayaka, I recognised her in the OP cus of the eyebrows one girl had and I just knew she probs had an important role, +highlights in her hair, too much character design for that one best friend you'd never see in the show again
Their transformation was like, really nice, they looked really pretty tbh, but it was also cringe at the same time, so I ended up with a mix of trying to look away and occasionally pausing, but also unable to really take my eyes off the screen. Their initial pose reminded me of Sailor Moon and then, from what they yelled out, some kind of Precure reference
My favourite line was probably "I ate a potato."

Hibike's het is getting stronger but Reina is still gorgeous and the drama/gossip potential from ep 3 was just hmmm I feel terrible but it was delicious. Kumiko was also fucking hilarious.
"Do you hate me?" "I don't hate you, I just don't like you..." Lmfao Kumiko pls. It sounds dumb but I'm honestly really enjoying the plot, gasps.

Keijo is still ridiculous but it's fun, I hope Miyata "kicks" ass
I still can't get over the fact that a girl can thrust her butt 30 times in 3 seconds and how it was too fast to see. Like, bruh. Bruuh. This is some pretty intense bullshit they're trying to sell

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Yeah, Izetta must be gay for Finé. Bianca is gay for Finé.

I wish the Witch would have asked the Princess for a kiss as a reward... and that she'd have received it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.