Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

more Nanoha!!

Does it really count as more Nanoha when Nahoha is in neither the cast nor the title?

last edited at Jul 9, 2016 6:38AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

more Nanoha!!

Sweet, been a while since i watched a super robot anime

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

Ange Vierge is so gay, like holy shit.

"The Progress can use powerful abilities based on the strength of their relationship with their alpha Driver"

So basically the more sex, the stronger you get.

Also, did eveyone notice the singer in the OP singing [Dai suki] when the scene shows Saya and Amane looking at each other? If that's not a foreshadowing, then I have no idea what is.

What irrates me is the fact that there hasn't been a single male character in their... island(?). I mean, they're practically showing people their bare nude form while standing out the balcony, ever so carefree. Probably means there aren't any males in the island. The Earth had grown men, so maybe they're a different faction or something? Imagine a whole island full of naked men, though. Truly, truly, outrageous.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AshuraX posted:

Ange Vierge is so gay, like holy shit.

"The Progress can use powerful abilities based on the strength of their relationship with their alpha Driver"

So basically the more sex, the stronger you get.

So basically Valkyrie Drive rip off.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Tbh, I'd actually prefer this over the Valkyrie Drive anime.

At least it looks like it won't contain the caveats that made the aforementioned not live up to it's potential: the mud people illusions and pseudo tentacles. That, and the girls look much better in this, imo, with a better protagonist than Tokonome.

Besides, the real Valkyrie Drive rip-off this Summer is HxH (lol).

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Seems like I should check out Ange Vierge. I hadn't even thought of watching it tbh, the title kinda puts me off, it sounds potentially creepy idk. (Virgin Angel)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

Seems like I should check out Ange Vierge. I hadn't even thought of watching it tbh, the title kinda puts me off, it sounds potentially creepy idk. (Virgin Angel)

You don't like pure angels ;x? (I bet they picked it just cos it sounded cool)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Ange Vierge is indeed super-gay. Kind of aggressively mediocre, though

Qualidea Code definitely has something going on the navy girls. Reminds me of KonoSetsu. Downside being that I'm not sure how much focus they'll get

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Watched ep1, Ange Vierge. Its Garbage.
Maybe something will come out of it on the long run, but I doubt it.

Gems of the season for me are Handa-kun (the Barakamon prequel/spinoff/whatever)
and Hatsukoi Monsters.

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 12:49AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I thought Handa-kun felt way too different from its original. I dropped it immediately, the humor didn't appeal to me at all and the magic of the characters was blatantly missing.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, there is some subtext in Amanchu. Though, by all accounts it's going to fade away pretty fast. And I find it unwatchably slow

Amanchu! is a slow manga, that's kind of how it flows. I like it that way, it gives it a kinda poetic atmosphere, so I'm glad they keep it that way in the anime. Was worried they'd speed things up to cram as many chapters in the season as they could.

And latter chapter still have a strong yuri feeling to it, in my opinion. Especially since the little girl got more screen time and sees Teko as her rival for Pikari's affection. Heck, they basically battled for a Pikari kiss. XD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So, any other 'Cute girls doing cute things' anime this season besides New Game?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, any other 'Cute girls doing cute things' anime this season besides New Game?

Love Live Sunshine. Otherwise there's Amanchu, which is far on the slice-of-life side, and Ange Vierge, which has the rough premise of a standard school battle fantasy but the cast and tone of a CGDCT series

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 7:10AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

YEEEESSSS!!! FUTURE GOHAN NEXT EPISODE!!!
If Trunks can't make present Gohan awesome again then all hope is lost

joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust posted:

You don't like pure angels ;x? (I bet they picked it just cos it sounded cool)

They probs picked it cus they think it sounded better in french lmao
Also I figured out the word I was missing when I told my brother about 'Ange Vierge' and he frowned and looked confused and weirded out: It's cringing. The title is super cringing.
Idk much about it yet but I checked out a pv and the op and so far it looked cringey and the character designs seem unremarkable. Even if I were to find it to my taste, it's likely I won't share this with anyone I know, everyone will legit be put off by the title

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

LMAO I can't believe how bad Ange Vierge is...I'm still probably gonna end up watching the whole thing. I'll most likely wait for an uncensored version though, the visual assault is bad enough with all the things that happen on action scenes.

I think that's all I'll watch for now...I'll probably drop Berserk next week though, so I might pick something else up.

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the yuri vibe in Qualidea Code?

joined Jan 8, 2016

I am watching New Game because it has a blonde in her pantsu in the first episode and that makes me happy

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I am convinced that the only reason Ha-chan doesn't call her 2(and 1/2) mommies "mama" is because they're 13 XD. Speaking of that, Kotoha inherited a lot from Mirai...reminds me of Vivio to Nanoha...actually the whole ep 22 reminded me of StrikerS after Vivio gets kidnapped it was kinda similar...sort of...

Regalia...hm...I think we might have another yuri harem here...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Regalia...hm...I think we might have another yuri harem here...

One with a clear winner, but yeah, Yui is popular with the ladies

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Started Amaama to Inazuma, guess this is gonna be the heartwarming anime of the season.
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! fun stuff.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Danganronpa 3's despair side should have some yuri in it since its covering the creation of the Remnants of Despair; and one of the female cast is in love with Junko.

That aside, Regalia is shaping up to be my likely AoTS so far, with Ange Vierge/New Game/DR3 Despair side going for 2nd.

EDIT: http://redevildevil.tumblr.com/post/147445885867/in-other-news-in-the-interview-with-yuis-va

Even the voice actresses ships their character roles in Regalia together lol.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 4:00AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Not a currently airing anime, but Shūmatsu no Izetta seems promising/potentially yuri.

"If I am promised to the princess, then I will fight for her sake."
Story follows witch living in fictional WWII-era Europe
Seeing the magic and uh war machines and stuff, the setting reminds me of some of the movies from Ghibli Studios, seems nice. The image shows them floating/flying while holding hands/fingers intertwining

Edit: seems it will air next season

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 8:13PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Man...Love live sunshine is not doing a very good job at healing the black hole in my soul that Aikatsu stars left in me...
I mean it's not terrible, it's just not really good either...I feel like I'm watching S1 again. I can at least tell it's probably going to end up gayer than the other 2 seasons, I got my eyes on that 1st year duo, look at them in the ending. I'm glad I can at least say "hey...it's better than the mov-" whoa assassins already!? As for the music? Aikatsu is better Kappa

And if anyone is interested, I'm watching Smile precure at the moment...it's fun!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Sunshine has been fairly erratic. Okay ep1, great ep2, ep3 is largely taken from the original. Hope it'll do something to stand out soon

To reply you must either login or sign up.