Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm glad Tanaka-kun is enjoyable again, the previews 2 episodes were **** awful. And I hope the little sister thingy doesn't go into incest territory or I'm dropping it

YEEEESSS!!! Yuri in Arc-V!!

Details?

It's by far the most Yuri we've got in 106 episodes, we finally get a glimpse of what his deck is about and he shows quite a bit of personality, Yuri could very easily be the best Yuya

*Joeri.
Also, all those GX fusion monsters...honestly they stood no chance...

Kinda reminds me of Tristan pulling a Destiny Draw on the Cyber Commander in Tag Force

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Kinda reminds me of Tristan pulling a Destiny Draw on the Cyber Commander in Tag Force

The power-creep hits even the old "broken mechanics"...wait a minute...that has nothing to do with it! they just gave him his old favorite card XD

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It played a major role tho and it was beautifully executed. I'd rather take stories like this that are genuine, heartfelt and well written than, let's say, yuri that gets represented like it does in Anne Happy.

Bruh dont you throw shade at them dorks (ง •̀_•́)ง
It's cute and fluffy, they're two waay different anime genres

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

It played a major role tho and it was beautifully executed. I'd rather take stories like this that are genuine, heartfelt and well written than, let's say, yuri that gets represented like it does in Anne Happy.

Bruh dont you throw shade at them dorks (ง •̀_•́)ง
It's cute and fluffy, they're two waay different anime genres

I wasn't? I said I prefer it the way Kiznaiver represents it.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well okay how about this
"I'd rather take stories like this, that are genuine, than Anne Happy"
"I'd rather take stories like this, that are heartfelt, than Anne Happy"
"I'd rather take stories like this, that are well written, than Anne Happy"

Like it might just be a different way to interpret it, but you low key said that the yuri in Anne Happy wasn't genuine, heartfelt and well written.
If someone says "I prefer good shit, over let's say, [insert title]", it pretty much implies that whatever they compared their good shit to, was shit.

So what I meant was idk man, maybe Anne Happy is just lighthearted, goofy comedy, maybe you can't compare those two anime if your criteria doesn't apply to it.
Maybe I'll take Erased over Anne Happy, but not because Anne Happy isn't good, but maybe I really like thrillers and that's what I was looking for
So it's cool that you didn't mean it that way, but I'm just pointing how it could sound like something else, and how it tilted me :<

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

eh.
I get more out of characters from "slice of life " than the ones in dramas. Guess the daily life things builds characters more naturally for me than what feels like a script being followed for dramas.

I was not particularly moved, if at all, by kiznaiver because i felt nothing for the characters.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So i finally got to watch boku no pico academia, man that's some really good shit! Can't believe i've been putting it off for 8 weeks, and it just so happens that the character design is my favorite artist Yoshihiko Umakoshi, really hoping that he gets to animate some episodes in the future

joined Jan 8, 2016

So i finally got to watch boku no pico academia, man that's some really good shit! Can't believe i've been putting it off for 8 weeks, and it just so happens that the character design is my favorite artist Yoshihiko Umakoshi, really hoping that he gets to animate some episodes in the future

Slip up much?

The Mom is the best hero of the show.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I know this came out around 11 months ago, but has anyone watched Fate/Stay night Unlimited Blade Works? I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I was gobsmacked at how polished it was! Very smooth and fluid use of both 2D and 3D animations along with a better telling of Fate/Stay night by Studio DEEN.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Already read the novel, didn't care much for the anime.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm really lacking the motivation to watch Zexal II, i don't think i can take more 70 episodes of everyone going Pop Flying, seriously those catchphrases completely ki-wait what was that? The most badass monster in Yu-Gi-Oh's history will appear in more episodes? OH FUCK YEAH BABY TIME TO WATCH THE CRAP OUT OF THAT SHIT

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

GaruPan movie is good fun. Dubious take on physics, but fun. A few yuri-ish moments, but not really anything to explain all that Darjeeling x Kay that's been popping up lately

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kind of a boring week this time, weakest Boku no Pico episode until now, more Koichi shenanigans, Gotenks jobbing harder than Piccolo and XYZ scums begging to get carded hardcore, the highlight of the week is definitively Ace Attorney thanks to Akio Ohtsuka's elder god-tier voice, that man should voice everything everywhere

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I've no idea which Trunks is this supposed to be

Future Trunks, Mai, and Goku Black

So, yuri potential for next season:

Amanchu, a scuba-diving manga from the author of Aria, has some subtext between the leads

Ange Vierge appears to have the premise of those shitty magic school LNs we've been seeing lately but without a male lead. Probably going to be terrible, but I'd be genuinely surprised if it doesn't at least have some subtext

Love Live Sunshine is happening. Character descriptions make it sound gayer than the original

New Game is getting an anime

Qualidea Code seems to be a sort of sci-fantasy Shingeki. Cast is very clearly split into pairs, one of which is girl/girl

Regalia is some sort of mecha series about three pairs of sisters

And there's more Prisma Ilya, I guess

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 8:56AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Future Trunks, Mai, and Goku Black

But if it's the same Future Trunks from the Cell Saga then there's no way Mai could get yo-Aw fuck it, i promised myself i would stop trying to make sense of Super a long time ago, just hope they don't screw this up 'cause this arc looks genuinely interesting

joined Jan 8, 2016

Why is Trunks descended from ants?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Why is Trunks descended from ants?

Blue dye makes your hair stiff

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

**** *** Hibari fall for Hanako already! >_>

So, yuri potential for next season:

Amanchu, a scuba-diving manga from the author of Aria, has some subtext between the leads

Ange Vierge appears to have the premise of those shitty magic school LNs we've been seeing lately but without a male lead. Probably going to be terrible, but I'd be genuinely surprised if it doesn't at least have some subtext

Love Live Sunshine is happening. Character descriptions make it sound gayer than the original

New Game is getting an anime

Qualidea Code seems to be a sort of sci-fantasy Shingeki. Cast is very clearly split into pairs, one of which is girl/girl

Regalia is some sort of mecha series about three pairs of sisters

And there's more Prisma Ilya, I guess

Isn't it a little early? XD

The Show by Rock!! shorts will air in about a month.

I think I'm forgetting something else...oh well.

I dunno about yuri but I know I'm watching Berserk as well.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

**** *** Hibari fall for Hanako already! >_>

It's actually kind of weird how it seems like there should be something there but nothing ever comes of it

Isn't it a little early? XD

A little. But I was bored and we should know about most everything by now

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
They retconned Future Bulma's hair back to before the horrible cut she got in her last appearance!

Am I the only one who thinks Mai is REALLY pretty? Like I dont care that she is technically several times trunks's age she is adorable as fuck.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
They retconned Future Bulma's hair back to before the horrible cut she got in her last appearance!

Am I the only one who thinks Mai is REALLY pretty? Like I dont care that she is technically several times trunks's age she is adorable as fuck.

As someone who hated her loli retcon, i'm so glad she's back on the path of being best girl Nice job fucking it up Videl

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

As someone who hated her loli retcon, i'm so glad she's back on the path of being best girl Nice job fucking it up Videl

Videl is just a continuation of the android 18 disappointment,that started with launch, introduce best girl into the show then have her do fucking nothing for the entire rest of it.
At least 18 still has an actual character, videl just got.....bland

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm getting pretty convinced that Akazukin Chacha is like the best thing ever

To reply you must either login or sign up.