Forum › Anime season

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Blue Ray Reflection delivers again this week.

Bakarina was also nice. Selena does love her fiancé so has hasn’t fallen for our favourite baka…yet. The scene with Mary and Allan was nice. I already considered all the characters to be equal in terms of there love for Katarina (though I prefer the girls), but this scene can serve to do that for people who still had doubt.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, Aquatope. On one hand, the OP has a ton of romantic imagery between the leads (both female). On the other, we haven't seen much of that in the show itself, and one of the few male characters seems to have a crush on one of the girls. On the third hand, the other major male character seems to be into him

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Tropical Rouge Pretty Cure just had Laura and Manatsu share a bed. Nice to have some more shipping moments and it reminded me of Nagisa and Honoka back in the original (though I do know sharing a bed has happened since then).

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Aquatope finally had a little moment this week with the two main girls holding each others' cheeks while blushing and the girls just growing closer together. Still probably best to watch it like any CGDCT or magical girl anime and think "there might be yuri" and not "this will definitely be yuri", but it is nice to finally have a yuri moment.

The last Bakarina episode delivered on a promised hug and the ending will definately make this weeks episode interesting (still hoping that if Bakarina becomes less dense we get a harem ending since I can't choose just one of the girls).

The last ep of Strike Witches Road to Berlin is dubbed and the first ep of World Witches is now dubbed.

Dragon Maid is still dragon maid with its display of yuri. Enjoyable as always.

Higurashi Sotsu still on the answer arcs and no yuri. Probably won't get any till we catch up to Gou.

Idaten is airing and I think it was this thread that mentioned something yuri happening in the manga. Currently no yuri in the 3 episodes have aired.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

I'm hoping after that the other members of the harem will get to kiss Katarina after this episode.

Also, in Kanojo mo kanojo once again has Saki calling Nagisa hot.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lol. Now Magia Record adapts prologue of the game. In first episode of second season. Well it was technically changed, but it showed the most important part from prologue, that you were supposed to know watching entire season 1, so... gj? Also episode was mostly filler if you watched OG series, so I started skipping half-way through. I gave second season chance half, because it was so long since season 1, so I kinda got over my shock how bad this adaptation is and half from morbid curiosity to see how badly they'll fuck up rest of the story and what kind of changes they'll do in general. Hell, maybe it'll actually not be that bad! First episode didn't give great impression and almost made me feel like not bothering after all, but then I did really miss that story, so maybe I'll try and stuck with it...

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 3:15PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Stuff Nevri said

I feel like you've decided you hate the series and are working backwards from there? The episode was really good. Great cinematography! Solid animation! Good character writing! It's everything good about the series and little of what's bad

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn posted:

The episode was really good. Great cinematography! Solid animation! Good character writing! It's everything good about the series and little of what's bad

No. I actually played the game and know how the story is supposed to go. Yes, episode would be good if not for the fact it's stuff we mostly saw in OG series, that doesn't really bring much to the story anime is telling about and that takes entire 1 episode from 13 episode run of series that already was rushed as hell in season 1 and they clearly have not enough time to tell rest of the story.

I feel like you've decided you hate the series and are working backwards from there?

Decided? I was defending season 1 for 12 weeks as it was airing, when most people were complaining about it. I played the devil's advocate, saying it's actually good. But when final episode aired, I was forced to admit, that adaptation is trash and it neither lived up to source material, nor managed to create something different that stands on its own. I made a entire wall of text explaining all my reasons for it, which clearly nobody read. I was so pissed at how they butcher my favorite arc of entire game and the reason I fallen in love with the story in the first place, I decided to not even watch season 2, so the fact I even given it a chance already show that I still have some soft spot for this story.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Aquatope progresses from matching keychains to uncensored handholding.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: focus on the girls more this ep and Sophia telling a story where her and Catarina get married.

Aquatope: the girls getting closer and Kukuru asking Fuuka’s mother to let her stay (of course people have already interpreted the scene to be “I’ll take care of your daughter in marriage” and while it isn’t that, seeing posts like that brings me a smile and who knows. Maybe it will become that retroactively).

World Witches ep 2 (Dub): Waltrud Krupinski is still her prevy, lesbian self. Nice to see her again.

Kageki Shoujo: The guy Sarasa was texting was her boyfriend (rip yuri…? I wouldn’t call it yuri bait though since the series itself never really implied yuri. Again, look at Magical’s video to get an idea of the yuri to expect in this series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7qO2tnOzI&t=861s). This does make Ai jealous though:

“I won’t let that frog [symbol of Sarasa’s boyfriend] outdo me. I wanna give Watanabe-san something she’ll love even more than those roses. After all, she’s the first friend I ever made.”

Hmm, wanting to have her love a gift from you more than her boyfriend’s. Interesting… though you could easily attribute it to her not having any friends before.

Dragon Maid: We got a kiss…in dragon form…while they were trying to kill each other (still counts).

Jahy-sama: Druj is Jahy’s loyal and loving masochist servant. So, there’s that.

last edited at Aug 8, 2021 10:38PM

joined May 29, 2020

Idaten: ep 5 had a quick yuri moment.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Way to rapey though.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Way to rapey though.

True, just thought I would mention it since it was something like how I mentioned Redo of Healer having a lesbian (though I never brought up the moments with Flare and Setsuna or Blade's actual episode).

Would definitely prefer proper yuri service. Speaking of which, Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun
(Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory) did have a yuri fanservice moment (caused by a potion or something so its not like we would get actual yuri fanservice like Valkyrie Drive).

Blue Ray Reflection: Jealous Ruka and a "I'm your partner, aren't I?!" moment. This show keeps delivering.

Tropical Rouge Pretty Cure had an ep focusing on Asuka and Yuriko (the student council President). Not much yuri tension between them and we still don't have the backstory of what happened between them, but it is interesting to see the usually stoic Yuriko become energetic when competing with Asuka. Maybe they'll have a good yuri showing when the backstory ep happens.

Bakarina: Anne got more focus this episode so that's appreciated. Also, Mary and Maria got to participate in the world of desire this time (even if it was a different desire than the Book from last season)

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 6:27PM

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

More moments in Aquatope. It makes me expect yuri more and more.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Megami ryou no Ryoubo-kun had some yuri via an elixir affecting a girls university. There is also Serene who formed "contracts" with the dorm girls by kissing them. The girls also seem to like Kiriya.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Autumn is already one month away, so all anime have pretty much been announced.

Yuuki Yuna S3 - S1/2 where already gay as hell

Yakunara Mug Cup Mo S1 - Heavy subtext but focus is on pottery

Hanyo no Yashahime S2 - morning show, S1 was rather boring but if you want an all-girl shounen, I suppose you keep up.

Mieruko-chan - All-girl horror SoL show

Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo - Looks like an all-girl post-Apocalypse show? Orginal show, so who knows.

Selection Project - the government-mandated idol show every season needs.

Puraore! Pride of Orange - All-girl Ice hockey team.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo - Looks like an all-girl post-Apocalypse show? Orginal show, so who knows.

This one has a male lead, the promotional material just kinda pushes him to the side

joined May 29, 2020

Yuuki Yuna S3 - S1/2 where already gay as hell

Yep, will be nice to get more of it (the shorts were nice too, I loved how they had Tougou have a yandere aura when Yuna was being close with Itsuki)

Mieruko-chan - All-girl horror SoL show

I remember hearing this one would have some yuri later on (whether as subtext or something a bit more, I don't remember).

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 7:53PM

joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: two members of the harem have kiss Katarina now. Both are the boy side but hopefully this means everyone in the harem will get a kiss.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Bakarina: two members of the harem have kiss Katarina now. Both are the boy side but hopefully this means everyone in the harem will get a kiss.

I get the feeling that this show doesn't take the girls' feelings so seriously. Maybe that's why I dropped S2.

joined May 29, 2020

I get the feeling that this show doesn't take the girls' feelings so seriously. Maybe that's why I dropped S2.

I disagree since it does acknowledge each girl as a member of the harem and shows their desires for Katarina. Season 2 even had a scene of Mary and Allan talking about their feelings for Katarina. So, I do believe it is serious with the girls' feelings. Whether it goes in a direction that ends up favouring the boys over the girls is another question (which so far I don't agree with either but I do hope the next kiss Katarina gets comes from one of the girls to alleviate any worries).

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Ditto. The blithely post-het feel of S1 was enough to offset the many shortcomings of the series for me but now, unless there's a twist, it's quite plain that the girls are second tier.

last edited at Sep 16, 2021 12:43PM

joined Jan 1, 2014

We finally find out what caused the events of Higurashi Gou Rika and Satako are the most useless of lesbians

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

And Aquatope first half is over, it was really good and heartwarming... And here's the trailer for part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSu8Y4F_4WE
Lots of annoying characters in the near future I think and Fuuka is nowhere to be seen, but you know who tagged along instead? yeah.

So if you want to abandon the ship now it's a good time haha, I feel like they already baited enough, I'm gonna have to spoil myself the ending later of course but that's way better than getting played like a damn fiddle!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And Aquatope first half is over, it was really good and heartwarming... And here's the trailer for part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSu8Y4F_4WE
Lots of annoying characters in the near future I think and Fuuka is nowhere to be seen, but you know who tagged along instead? yeah.

So if you want to abandon the ship now it's a good time haha, I feel like they already baited enough, I'm gonna have to spoil myself the ending later of course but that's way better than getting played like a damn fiddle!

Hey now, i'm no one to judge so harshly based on a so short trailer and without watching any episode. And for god sake, it was never sell as a yuri or even subtext. I will be honest, you can easily argue they're just friends as much as they're something more than that.
But anyway, i don't think Fuuka taking so much place in the first season will be scrapped over like that. I mean, of course she is not here, she was just helping till end of summer break. Obviously by the end of it, she returned with her mom but i'm sure she will be here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.