Forum › You know you've been reading too much yuri when...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only acceptable harem is Negima, mostly because he's not actually involved with any of them, nor is he interested.

Then how do you explain UQ Holder! ? Kind of hard to have a grandkid without being "involved" with someone at some point.

I don't have to explain it, he's not involved during the period of the story. What takes place in a linked story, obviously referring to events that took place afterwards, aren't relevant.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

There's more diversity in hets however, most of the ones i read are made by males and it doesn't come close to the hot guy plain girl plot device (although it opens a whole new can of worms with the fanservice stuff)

Oh, harems ugh shudder
I'm with you though

The only acceptable harem is Negima, mostly because he's not actually involved with any of them, nor is he interested.

I find Jitsu wa Watashi wa to be wonderful even though it's harem. I'm just in love with the humor.

Then how do you explain UQ Holder! ? Kind of hard to have a grandkid without being "involved" with someone at some point.

Well, he's not involved during Negima manga timeline. We don't even know if he got together with same person he liked back then.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, he's not involved during Negima manga timeline. We don't even know if he got together with same person he liked back then.

That said, Yue x Emily needed to happen. Seriously.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hmm, speaking of dreams.
Not much yuri, but I just have to share this dream I had once.
I wish I had enough talent to make a full story of it. I saw it quite a long time ago, but still remember most of it.
The dream itself was really like a movie, with characters, changing current PoV, flashbacks and stuff. Too bad I've only seen the first episode ^_^
It was a post-apocalyptic setting where people suddenly got random wishes granted. Including stuff people would never want to actually come true if they had a choice, like "I wish you were dead" said in argument. World got...weird as the result.
It technically had some yuri, but it was Female MC's ex-GF in the past. And it didn't end well, she basically burned alive before Female MC's eyes when the "wishes" came into effect. Oh and Male MC saw that too and blamed himself as he had a crush on Female MC and wanted her GF gone.

Trippy

joined Mar 23, 2013

And I like reading both het and yuri equally. I tried giving yaoi a shot but it just didn't do it for me. Anyone who can read all the three (yaoi, het, yuri) genres and like them equally?

I can enjoy all genres/demographic if the quality is there. The issue is that with the sheer volume of series you're more than likely to stumble upon things you do not enjoy even if you ask people about potential "good" series ( most people's opinion is garbage ).

A single exception that I can't stand is Harlequin romances in manga form, but that's not the mangakas fault, the original content is teh sux.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Hmm, speaking of dreams.
Not much yuri, but I just have to share this dream I had once.
I wish I had enough talent to make a full story of it. I saw it quite a long time ago, but still remember most of it.
The dream itself was really like a movie, with characters, changing current PoV, flashbacks and stuff. Too bad I've only seen the first episode ^_^
It was a post-apocalyptic setting where people suddenly got random wishes granted. Including stuff people would never want to actually come true if they had a choice, like "I wish you were dead" said in argument. World got...weird as the result.
It technically had some yuri, but it was Female MC's ex-GF in the past. And it didn't end well, she basically burned alive before Female MC's eyes when the "wishes" came into effect. Oh and Male MC saw that too and blamed himself as he had a crush on Female MC and wanted her GF gone.

hmmm, I like the premise, and you are right, it sounds more movie-ish. try to remember more of the dream. if all else fails, you could post it on some fanfic site.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Speaking of Yaoi... Only now i've remembered something my ex asked a long time ago which i hope to use as a conversation starter 'cause i'm kinda fucked up and miss her...
....Is there any reader around like this one but for yaoi?

joined Apr 15, 2011

Hmmm, never heard of one geared strictly towards Yaoi. closest I can think of is Fakku or Ex-Hentai

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

This thread's inspired me to look through my anime I've watched; unless you count Onee-chan ga Kita or Dog & Scissors, I haven't watched a single het romance-heavy series since I got here. The power of yuri is terrifying.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I have watched all the yuri anime there is... and a good chunk of yuri manga as well. I watch het romance and pair up my favourite girls... I'm like a yuri-fujoshi lol.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I have watched all the yuri anime there is... and a good chunk of yuri manga as well. I watch het romance and pair up my favourite girls... I'm like a yuri-fujoshi lol.

Aahhh I do that a lot! and many animes are starting to implement this system ... Like "We can't make full yuri but we can give you a taste... And BOOM Nibutani x Dekomori" and the main characters are just filling the void between their escenes. I love it but I hate it, they tease with us, they know we like it, They know people like it but they still won't make more full yuri series... Damn!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

How about when reading so much of em all girls stuff and suddenly a dude appears in the background or so; when I eventually forget we exist "OH SHIT WHAT IS THA-... Ohh right".

Aahhh I do that a lot! and many animes are starting to implement this system ... Like "We can't make full yuri but we can give you a taste... And BOOM Nibutani x Dekomori" and the main characters are just filling the void between their escenes. I love it but I hate it, they tease with us, they know we like it, They know people like it but they still won't make more full yuri series... Damn!

I would like to see yuri at least between two secondary characters in anime... Rarely see anything but joke characters (yuri girl for the comedy: Kuroko from Railgun/Index), or girl with a crush for the MC girl, where she does not stand a chance (and also sometimes used for comedy).

Been thinking about asking around for yuri-side couples from anime that don't get tagged as yuri. Like Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon has a lesbian couple on the big group of characters the story follows. Heard of another but it does not get my attention, forgot the name... Also heard about Psycho Pass, ChikaneHimeko + their variants, and Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai (it's a harem, I just kinda skimmed through it for the yuri, was nice I guess).

Anyone knows of any others? like a side couple, not just a one characters interested in another.
(Talking about actual yuri, not yuri powered by yuri-goggles)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Anyone knows of any others? like a side couple, not just a one characters interested in another.

I believe inari kokon koi iroha has something going on in the background http://i.imgur.com/NHjGMGK.jpg But I must continue with the manga to see if "something" flourish... I didn't finish the anime where is just one character interested in the other.

And well... There's this manga about a trap that is really funny but idk if you can stand that genre to enjoy the side yuri couple that appears later, the manga is Prunus Girl.

But I really can't remember any anime with that cute feature.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well, Loveless is a pretty shitty yaoi, but has a 3 episodes or so arc revolved around a villain yuri couple that is legitimately really good

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And well... There's this manga about a trap that is really funny but idk if you can stand that genre to enjoy the side yuri couple that appears later, the manga is Prunus Girl.

Heh, I read that, and really liked it :D

Well, Loveless is a pretty shitty yaoi, but has a 3 episodes or so arc revolved around a villain yuri couple that is legitimately really good

Ah, thats the one I didn't remember the name of.

last edited at Sep 2, 2014 5:12PM

joined Apr 15, 2011

it's worth forgetting. I was very disappointed with the anime. so much so that I refuse to read the manga. I think I read somewhere that the anime was pretty faithful to the manga. if that is the case, I'll pass.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

it's worth forgetting. I was very disappointed with the anime. so much so that I refuse to read the manga. I think I read somewhere that the anime was pretty faithful to the manga. if that is the case, I'll pass.

I managed to survive through it by comparing the characters to the ones in Gundam 00 since it has the same character designer, and also by listening to Bury Your Dead at a low volume while watching Although listening to metal while watching animes is a habit i have even with yuris when the soundtrack is forgettable, for some reason Strawberry Panic fits quite well with BlazBlue's OST

joined Apr 15, 2011

I managed to survive through it by comparing the characters to the ones in Gundam 00 since it has the same character designer, and also by listening to Bury Your Dead at a low volume while watching Although listening to metal while watching animes is a habit i have even with yuris when the soundtrack is forgettable, for some reason Strawberry Panic fits quite well with BlazBlue's OST

ooooh, I'm going to have to try that. I was watching aquarian age. not crazy bout the anime, but the soundtrack is OK. hmmm, now what can I apply it to????????

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'd really like to see a harem where at least two of the girls ask themselves why they're obsessing over a shy plank of wood (the personality of most guys with harems) and fall in love with eachother instead

^ This, I want this.

I think the episodes with the yuri couple in Loveless are 8-11. It was the only three eps I watched lol.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Although listening to metal while watching animes is a habit i have even with yuris when the soundtrack is forgettable, for some reason Strawberry Panic fits quite well with BlazBlue's OST

I do the same sometimes but you just killed me with that combo BlazBlue ftw!

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I think the Yuriest dream I ever had was a MadoHomu side-story it was pretty interesting and cute too bad for my pillow which ended covered in drool...

Also I look away when I see male x female kisses on tv do I need help? they look kinda gross...haha.

haha I do the same thing

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think the Yuriest dream I ever had was a MadoHomu side-story it was pretty interesting and cute too bad for my pillow which ended covered in drool...

Also I look away when I see male x female kisses on tv do I need help? they look kinda gross...haha.

haha I do the same thing

OMG I thought I was the only person who had that problem!! I realized it a few years ago that watching a girl and a guy kiss is just kinda gross... Two girls or two guys kissing doesn't bother me though.

#fujoshimoments

xD

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'd really like to see a harem where at least two of the girls ask themselves why they're obsessing over a shy plank of wood (the personality of most guys with harems) and fall in love with eachother instead

I just want a yuri harem anime. I think that would be hilarious

joined Apr 15, 2011

OMG I thought I was the only person who had that problem!! I realized it a few years ago that watching a girl and a guy kiss is just kinda gross... Two girls or two guys kissing doesn't bother me though.

#fujoshimoments

xD

me likes....hahaha xD)

bah, a guy and girl, BORING! 2 girls or 2 guys? yeah baby, yeah!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Lmao, this thread... soo much <3 for you random people of the internets! XD

But I also have read a lot of Yuri (there is never enough!). When I'm working and come across documents where a woman is talking about her best female friend from back in the day (pre-1960's). I start thinking, "oh yeah they are totally hot for each other!" Later on, "WTF she's married!!?! Sonofab*tch!!! How could SHE!!?"

But seriously, I cannot help it. When I read things like, "We were watching a baseball game when a sandstorm hit. Me and Jane Doe ran back to our barracks and decided to shower and clean up." Or, "We became instantly close and did everything together." How the hell can I NOT help but think these two had something going on!?" Yuri goggles be damned! But the language is so strong it's really hard not to think otherwise. ><...

As for anime and manga. If the main guy is a total loser, boring, plank of a personality type of guy and is somehow getting all of these hotties. I start pairing the girls together because they actually come across as much better couples than if any one of them hooked up with the guy at the end. The best twist for any het-harem would be if the girls all ended up together and the guy ended up being gay and hooking up with his best friend!!! X-D That would be the ultimate troll!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.