Forum › You know you've been reading too much yuri when...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I've been having the same day dream over and over. it's a cross between Linkage (android is adult-like) and Akagi-san and Kaga-san's Valentines Story (stuck on pinning someone against a wall). I hope I have the day dream again so I can write it down.

how many times has this happened to you?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well yesterday i've dreamed that i was rubbing my hand on Kirby's ass.... ....Looks like i haven't been reading too much yuri

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

When in your eyes everyone is gay . . .

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

WHY CAN'T I EXPERENCE SIMILAR THINGS WHEN I'M WRITING MY Pairing: Luka x Miku FANWORK!?? I ENVY YOU!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"...reading too much yuri..."

The words are familiar, but that phrase makes no sense.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

That made me laugh because sometimes when my daughter starts rambling....I hear the words...but I have no idea what she is saying!

joined Apr 15, 2011

lmao, I tend to agree, but in addition to this crazy day dream I've been having, I've been finding myself driving to/from work/school/home and playing "what-ifs". it's pretty bad. I think I need to seek out yuri-anonymous (YA) for help.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 10:58PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think you've passed a point of no return when you start losing interest in het manga/anime... I need that spicy/sweet flavor of yuri (and even yaoi sometimes).

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 12:02AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I think the Yuriest dream I ever had was a MadoHomu side-story it was pretty interesting and cute too bad for my pillow which ended covered in drool...

Also I look away when I see male x female kisses on tv do I need help? they look kinda gross...haha.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

You know you've been reading too much yuri when... you find it hard to remove your yuri goggles

Yes! there's never too much for yuri XD

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I think you've passed a point of no return when you start losing interest in hex manga/anime... I need that spicy/sweet flavor of yuri (and even yaoi sometimes).

This has already happened to me. I don't know if I like it or not... Yuri is so fantastic, yet it's seemingly scarce compared to het (I don't know anything about yaoi, so... lol).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yes! there's never too much for yuri XD

NOW I GET THE JOKE!

joined Apr 15, 2011

so I've just noticed that every few months certain posters change their avatars. so does your mood change because you've been influenced by a particular manga or because you keep a time table for changing your avatar?

BTW, this question is because I noticed Kyonne changed avatars. don't get me wrong, the new one is cute, I guess I just like the other one. oh well.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

so I've just noticed that every few months certain posters change their avatars. so does your mood change because you've been influenced by a particular manga or because you keep a time table for changing your avatar?

BTW, this question is because I noticed Kyonne changed avatars. don't get me wrong, the new one is cute, I guess I just like the other one. oh well.

My change of avatars is directly related to how bored i am, since i recently got Kid Icarus Uprising entertaining me non-stop this one will probably stick a while longer also i have no idea what i was using before o_o XD

Edit: I LIED!!

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 5:54PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

My change of avatars is directly related to how bored i am

x2, usually.

Or if I see something really cute/funny/me/etc., I'll change it for that. Sometimes I cycle through old ones because I can't make up my mind, like right now.

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 3:18PM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I imagine Yuzu and Mei in the previous manga or doujin I read before I go to sleep.. I substitute them for the real characters because I love the character design so much.

And I like reading both het and yuri equally. I tried giving yaoi a shot but it just didn't do it for me. Anyone who can read all the three (yaoi, het, yuri) genres and like them equally?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I tried giving yaoi a shot but it just didn't do it for me. Anyone who can read all the three (yaoi, het, yuri) genres and like them equally?

I can't into yaoi 'cause i really despise the cliches of the genre, my body shudders every time i listen to something related to uke or seme
Stuff like the Nº 6 anime is kinda cool, but even if they were all like that it still wouldn't seduce me like some hets manages to, dude on dude simply doesn't appease me as a whole unless it's Terra x Master Xehanort, they both are clearly made for each other

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 3:51PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I can't into yaoi 'cause i really despise the cliches of the genre, my body shudders every time i listen to something related to uke or seme
Stuff like the Nº 6 anime is kinda cool, but even if they were all like that it still wouldn't seduce me like some hets manages to, dude on dude simply doesn't appease me as a whole unless it's Terra x Master Xehanort, they both are clearly made for each other

Uke X Seme dynamic is straight from shoujo tropes, not surprising since it's women drawing for the same demographic.

If you take the classic shy/plain girl in shoujo with her grade perfect/sporty/popular love interest and you just cut the girl's hair and give her a penis you'll come to understand it's very close to the same story in term of characterization.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Uke X Seme dynamic is straight from shoujo tropes, not surprising since it's women drawing for the same demographic.

If you take the classic shy/plain girl in shoujo with her grade perfect/sporty/popular love interest and you just cut the girl's hair and give her a penis you'll come to understand it's very close to the same story in term of characterization.

I do agree with you though, and guess what, i hate those too
There's more diversity in hets however, most of the ones i read are made by males and it doesn't come close to the hot guy plain girl plot device (although it opens a whole new can of worms with the fanservice stuff)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Speaking of avatars, I finely added the one I've been thinking of for months.

I think you've passed a point of no return when you start losing interest in het manga/anime... I need that spicy/sweet flavor of yuri (and even yaoi sometimes).

I still like the het manga/anime that I liked before I found yuri, but it's hard for me to work up the interest to try new het titles, no matter how good they are supposed to be.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

There's more diversity in hets however, most of the ones i read are made by males and it doesn't come close to the hot guy plain girl plot device (although it opens a whole new can of worms with the fanservice stuff)

Oh, harems ugh shudder
I'm with you though

I tried giving yaoi a shot but it just didn't do it for me. Anyone who can read all the three (yaoi, het, yuri) genres and like them equally?

Well, I don't really know if it's possible when you phrase it that way. Everyone is going to have favorites in terms of genre and whatnot. I can get into all three, but yuri is still my favorite by a good margin.
If you're going to earnestly attempt yaoi, Josei and doujinshi are much easier reads than that shoujo nonsense. Yaoi written by artists who also do yuri are also fairly good as well.

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 5:47PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only yaoi/shounen ai manga I've ever read that I like so much I can re-read it again and again is Mainichi Seitan. For het...Adachi Mitsuru's stuff is always good and pretty lighthearted about the relationships. Other than that about the only thing I read that's got a strong het component is Dengeki Daisy. Past that everything I read is either yuri or very light on the het (Ghost Hunt, for instance).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, harems ugh shudder
I'm with you though

The only acceptable harem is Negima, mostly because he's not actually involved with any of them, nor is he interested.

joined Mar 23, 2013

The only acceptable harem is Negima, mostly because he's not actually involved with any of them, nor is he interested.

Then how do you explain UQ Holder! ? Kind of hard to have a grandkid without being "involved" with someone at some point.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hmm, speaking of dreams.
Not much yuri, but I just have to share this dream I had once.
I wish I had enough talent to make a full story of it. I saw it quite a long time ago, but still remember most of it.
The dream itself was really like a movie, with characters, changing current PoV, flashbacks and stuff. Too bad I've only seen the first episode ^_^
It was a post-apocalyptic setting where people suddenly got random wishes granted. Including stuff people would never want to actually come true if they had a choice, like "I wish you were dead" said in argument. World got...weird as the result.
It technically had some yuri, but it was Female MC's ex-GF in the past. And it didn't end well, she basically burned alive before Female MC's eyes when the "wishes" came into effect. Oh and Male MC saw that too and blamed himself as he had a crush on Female MC and wanted her GF gone.

To reply you must either login or sign up.