Forum › Stretch discussion

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Only one stretching!? Gotta be kidding me, who the hell does he think his audience is? Yuri fans or something?

He's stretching the yuri. I still love this series, but he is pushing it a bit to much now.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Only one stretching!? Gotta be kidding me, who the hell does he think his audience is? Yuri fans or something?

He's stretching the yuri. I still love this series, but he is pushing it a bit to much now.

Well, if people go at him saying "that's too much of the stretch !", at least he'll be able "yeah, that's even the manga's name, so what ?" XD

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I think that since ch 00 it is clear that Ran has deep feelings for keiko.
She probably has no interest in men, while the first time you saw keiko said: WOW.
And Keiko is the only person that does not take away with her humor. At the university, with her former classmates, even with her mother, keeps everything at a distance, while with the stretch, (born of a jealousy ran for Keiko's ex-boyfriend) has a contact with her.
Also I hope they have the courage to recognize their own feelings, and that some conventions, some wounds that have both, do not make them express.
But if it does not happen, well, if told well, it would become less beautiful this manga, because these things happen in real life.

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

I just realized that Shou is so awesome that he managed to make a series that hasn't even been completed and has no apparent yuri, commented nearly 1000 times by one of the biggest English yuri community on the Internet...
I'm dying because of the tension and stretch this Manga has been giving. Cmon man................ :( at least, a kiss...?

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Lol... Ran's friend made me miss Prism... >_<

joined Jun 5, 2014

NO, Ran stay away from guys we're disgusting pigs.

that

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Ran is sooooo gay…

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Am I the only one who understood "It's not like I want to be popular among the guys" by "I'd rather be popular with the ladies" ? :p

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I hope for Ran to turn all them men down

It wouldn't be the first time, remember the group date where she started talking cadavers and scared them all away?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Am I the only one who understood "It's not like I want to be popular among the guys" by "I'd rather be popular with the ladies" ? :p

One lady in particular.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks it is highly possible nothing is gonna come of this? That it will likely stay vague, they will be bff, and nothing will be resolved?

Maybe I am just not trying to get my hopes up. :P

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Am I the only one who thinks it is highly possible nothing is gonna come of this? That it will likely stay vague, they will be bff, and nothing will be resolved?

Pessimism...is the only way.

It doesn't make Ran any less gay, though.

550275_10151272753455729_1992208048_n%20(1)
joined Oct 3, 2014

SO MUCH YURI SUBTEXT. waaaaaaaaah.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 11:00AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

So Ran officially declares she swings that way. Oh my god.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Gotta love how after months of speculation about drama on Ran's life we finelly get confirmation on her dad being dead and yet, everyone is freaking out about Ran being really REALLY gay :P

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Gotta love how after months of speculation about drama on Ran's life we finelly get confirmation on her dad being dead and yet, everyone is freaking out about Ran being really REALLY gay :P

Priorities !

joined Jan 31, 2013

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

but saying she doesn't want to be popular among guys (in particular) really begs the question (so you want to be popular with girls, then?).

The thing is, the Japanese bubble doesn't say a thing about boys or girls. Literally she's talking about being popular but doesn't specify if it's among boys or girls. Boys are of course heavily implied by the context, but it's not there in the original wording. So we're dealing with the translator's interpretation here, which is quite inevitable due-to Japanese being such a context-dependent language.
It's similar to the cherry popping from the previous chapter, where Ran literally said that she was happy she took one of senpai's firsts. Yes, cherry popping can mean that too, but it also has a sexual subtext, which seemingly is not present or is not that obvious at least in the original Japanese phrase. On the other hand, I'm so far from fluency in Japanese that I can only rely on common dictionaries, while in slang this subtext might actually also be present.
So maybe it's the translator being too optimistic for the sake of a more natural English or due-to yuri coggles, or maybe it's just me lacking in the Japanese department (which is probably more realistic).

And I wonder how Keiko will react now. The author made an amazing job: in the last chapters, they practically confessed to each other, indirectly, but still. First, Ran on Christmas apparently overheard Keiko on the balcony. And now it's Keiko overhearing Ran.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 12:57PM

joined Apr 9, 2014

whatever happens...RAN IS STILL THE CUTEST

joined Apr 9, 2014

It wouldn't be the first time, remember the group date where she started talking cadavers and scared them all away?

lol she wasn't even trying to scare them away, she was just being herself

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

lol she wasn't even trying to scare them away, she was just being herself

Mmm, I wonder how much of that was deliberate, though. Ran's silly, but she's not stupid.

joined Apr 1, 2014

Nice

joined Apr 6, 2013

Everyone is expecting the yuri that will never come...

Quiet your tongue, or have it removed.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 6:04PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Ugh. I'm not liking Ran's childhood friends so much. They seem like jerks.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Throughout this story, I don't think we've seen Keiko and Ran get into a huge fight or disagreement yet. Neither has there been a great moment of difficulty to shake up their lives a bit (beyond flashbacks). You know, the kind of hurdle that really puts a relationship to the test. Maybe it won't happen(or maybe it already happened several chapters ago and I forgot), but I'm still expecting it to occur some time in the future. We still don't know the full details on Keiko's relationship with her mom. Also, did Keiko ever tell Ran about her break up in the past? How much do the two really know about each other at this point in the story?

To reply you must either login or sign up.