Forum › Minase Ruruu discussion

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I love everything by this author. A lil disappointing that his works are all one-shots.

Shitsurakuen%202
joined May 15, 2011

I love everything by this author. A lil disappointing that his works are all one-shots.

*her works
But I agree, it's very disappointing.

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

God, I adore her stories. She seems to have fun lamp shading character tropes like the tsundere and kuudere, in her newer works.

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

So much love for this author. I keep rereading and rereading the stories 'cause they're so amazing.

9029(1)a
joined Feb 9, 2013

Same, same. Love all of the stories. I don't really mind that all of them are one shots, but it would surely be grate to see short story. Long one might not be a good idea tho. Just my opinion, something like 3 three chapter short story. The art is grate too, I really love that clean look. Favorite.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's a shame that according to yuri-sm she has left the yuri doujin scene to work on a commercial series :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Anyone else notices that this mangaka's yuri stuff pretty much present the same... let's say: Format.

Girl A forces herself onto girl B
Girl B accepts as she suddenly finds out that she is also attracted to girl A
All of this without any sort of romantic development whatsoever
1 of the girls is usually dominant while the other is tame.
[Some slight variations of the above]

(I can't really judge the writing when there is barely any to judge)

Not saying its all bad... Just not particularly stellar nor amazing, just average...
Never really understood where all the praising and hailing came from.

last edited at Jun 30, 2014 6:52AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Minase's art and humour are top tier, not sure what else you're trying to find from oneshots. Sure, her plots can basically be reduced to 'two girls find themselves attracted/confess to each other' (it's yuri after all) but your summary can hardly be applied to all of them.

Cold and after that has a childhood friend accidentally confessing during the other friend's fever
A Passing Shower has an older girl taking charge after getting turned on by the non-assuming skinship of a younger one
Watch out for Drunks has a workplace kouhai standing up for her stolen innocence/chastity
My Girlfriend has a quiet girl respond to a (big) surprise confession
etc.

There are certainly a bunch of other mangaka I love thanks to their longer stories but Ruruu is easily top tier within her primary domain of original oneshots. Her writing is actually notably cliche-free and original with surprising consistency considering the fact that none of her stories make any substantial use of drama.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Cold and after that has a childhood friend accidentally confessing during the other friend's fever

^That's like the only different one.

A Passing Shower has an older girl taking charge after getting turned on by the non-assuming skinship of a younger one

^Slight variations. No love involved, just hornyness indeed.

Watch out for Drunks has a workplace kouhai standing up for her stolen innocence/chastity

^Slight variations, girl A forced herself on girl B then girl B forces herself on girl A
No love involved, just hornyness.

^Kinda what I described...

There are certainly a bunch of other mangaka I love thanks to their longer stories but Ruruu is easily top tier within her primary domain of original oneshots. Her writing is actually notably cliche-free and original with surprising consistency considering the fact that none of her stories make any substantial use of drama.

I don't think that excluding drama and avoiding cliches = good writing. I just don't see much writing to begin with. I find her stuff somewhat... soulless (does that make sense?...).

I suppose it's a matter of taste, I still like some of them, http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/this_is_a_great_hug_pillow hits me on my weak spot for actions of the sort of cuddling.

last edited at Jun 30, 2014 1:41PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

^Slight variations. No love involved, just hornyness indeed.

There's a distinction between being attracted to someone and being horny. I don't have a problem with either, but the point is that there's nothing actually wrong about yuri based on attraction. A oneshot about characters that just met will predictably not have a full-fledged romance or anything but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with stories about girls just falling in love with/becoming attracted to girls.

Aside from that, the list I provided was based on your description of "girl forces herself on another, and the latter falls in love/accepts". If your actual complaint was about the amount of love then:

^Slight variations, girl A forced herself on girl B then girl B forces herself on girl A
No love involved, just hornyness.

That's actually wrong, it's love/collapsed admiration from one side and drunkenness on the other

^Kinda what I described...

This isn't true because it was the girl who got confessed to who made the first move, and the confessing girl had been in love forever

In Munasawagi no Houkago the quiet/non-otaku girl has always been in love with the cosplayer

And taking into account the earlier mentioned 'A Cold and After That' and 'This is a Great Hug Pillow', you can't really say that Minase Ruruu's works don't contain love either.

Basically it comes down to taste, but IMHO Ruruu's reputation is well-deserved.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There's only so much development you can get into a one-shot.

Oh, believe me, mangakas can sometimes work magic in very limited amount of pages. (I should re-check/re-visist some one-shots)

Basically it comes down to taste.

Yep.
I like most of em tho, was just saying that I don't think they are anything special nor outstanding.

last edited at Jun 30, 2014 9:14PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

the plot is basically falling in love with someone who molests you.

XD

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I love this author to pieces, I fell in love with her years back when I first read 'Your Fragrance' and when I looked her up at the time she had no other listed series and i was so disappointed because her style stands out to be as so beautiful and distinct.

Every time there's been an update with one of her doujins it's been wonderful! Even though it's not yuri, if the main series she's been working on was translated I'd read it.. I'd love to see her do a longer yuri series though, but her oneshots are satisfying as is too.

Swet3
joined Aug 26, 2015

I love this author to pieces, I fell in love with her years back when I first read 'Your Fragrance' and when I looked her up at the time she had no other listed series and i was so disappointed because her style stands out to be as so beautiful and distinct.

Every time there's been an update with one of her doujins it's been wonderful! Even though it's not yuri, if the main series she's been working on was translated I'd read it.. I'd love to see her do a longer yuri series though, but her oneshots are satisfying as is too.

its being adapted into an anime, the series shes doing rn
gonna air january 2016
kinda wish she made yuri series, she def makes up fun situations

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

This author's work is 10/10

So much love for this author. I keep rereading and rereading the stories 'cause they're so amazing.

I do the same too.But I want this person to make a series just once

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=130378

So I was looking up Minase Ruruu's manga updates page and noticed she had a new work tagged with "shoujo ai", published in 2016. It turned out that they're all one-shots and the last two are ones that are already on the site. But I was wondering about the first three, since looking up their names didn't reveal anything (except the first one, but all I found was a series of the same name written by a different author). Does anyone know what those three are about, and if they are indeed yuri?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

So I was looking up Minase Ruruu's manga updates page and noticed she had a new work tagged with "shoujo ai", published in 2016. It turned out that they're all one-shots and the last two are ones that are already on the site. But I was wondering about the first three, since looking up their names didn't reveal anything (except the first one, but all I found was a series of the same name written by a different author). Does anyone know what those three are about, and if they are indeed yuri?

The first three works are het and only the last two are yuri.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ah, I see. That's a bit disappointing. Nevertheless, thank you.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Ah, I see. That's a bit disappointing. Nevertheless, thank you.

As someone who also appreciates Minase Ruruu's yuri works, I have to agree. :'(

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Love your art. And i like that you do original works, I always enjoy those kinds :D

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 1:39AM

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

I love the Touch Me/Told Me storyline. Its just funny, even if its slightly rapey. I love that the "Molester on a Train" trope is hilariously inverted. The other works are great too, and I do love the art style (even if its not my favorite).

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I miss this author!

joined Apr 22, 2018

Where are you sensei ? We need more of your work

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

one of my favs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.