Forum › Lemonade discussion

Nekkid
joined Jan 30, 2013

Awful lot of butthurt here.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... Well, I read almost anything here and I am quite openminded about things. I usually don't react to hates and such but for once, I agree with you out loud that I don't like this male senpai. First of all, Imouto is a fairly good and full of potential kinda protagonist. With her fair share of troubles... though I guess the trouble is kinda one-upped the good ones. Anyways, she experiences inferiority to her sister and for god's sake, she's young. And young meaning young in mind and full of curiosity.

Then... a fucking annoying male shows up and subtextingly say. "Hello there little sister! Too bad for you, the story wants to make you suffer and I'm gonna start it off by putting an irritating label for you, IMOUKO-SAN!!" while he cackles like a pathetic madman.

I mean... I feel a lot of inferiority like our MC here, and I understand that admiration or the "like" of Makio-kun towards male senpai but come on... Having an irritating, insensitive(?) jerk around and almost always connected to the convo... I just... can't take it anymore.

But like what science said, females can endure more... so I'll stick around, perhaps until it's finished...

I'm hoping a little bit of revenge here instead of two young curious girls getting together... I REALLY WANT THAT REVENGE!

joined Apr 13, 2012

maybe i'm the only one that doesn't forget that they're only annoying middle schoolers? i mean, yeah, the senpai's an idiot but all middle schoolers are annoying at some point.
I don't like him either, but let's be realistic here, the guy is just calling Youko "imouko" not knowing that it bothers her A LOT. So, is it really his fault? I think Youko's taking it too much personally and that's reasonable, because well... they're middle schoolers. And Maki standing up for the senpai is just middle school love for ya... i think i made my point.
Anyway, i take the YURI tag as a promise and i'll always blindly follow yuri project, so... Thank you yuri project! i'm looking forward the next chapters ~

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's only been seven chapters, guys. I say let the story flesh itself out and allow to tell a story. Sure there's no blatant yuri and feelings being expressed right now, but that's what build up is.

I'm not fond of Keita either, but this is middle school. All the boys are immature (/generalization) so it's not surprising. Annoying, yes, but not far from reality. It's also not very surprising that Maki likes him or that everyone talks about him. When I was in middle school, the quirky, loud and personal space poppers were popular, and a lot of the other kids talked about them.

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 12:36AM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Obvious plot twist is obvious.

joined Dec 29, 2013

i'll always blindly follow yuri project,

Words of wisdom.

But, just to put an end to this nonsese I'll drop some information.

This series was covered by a well established and long running yuri blog, which gave it a ranking of 5.5/5
This link obviously contains spoilers even if you can't read Japanese so open it at your own risk.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/yuri_amagasa/archives/52909404.html

joined Nov 11, 2010

^ Appreciate the endorsement.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

i'll always blindly follow yuri project,

Words of wisdom.

But, just to put an end to this nonsese I'll drop some information.

This series was covered by a well established and long running yuri blog, which gave it a ranking of 5.5/5
This link obviously contains spoilers even if you can't read Japanese so open it at your own risk.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/yuri_amagasa/archives/52909404.html

Guess I'll keep an eye on the comment section when more chapters are released. I shall return when yuri kicks in, cuz as it is right now it's rather annoying to read... hopefully the annoyance will no longer be there by then, nor another bound to spawn to replace it...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lol...i said yuri set up not actual yuri =P and idk i found it obvious i mean...

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch06

followed by the next page already shows her starting do have unrealized interest. kinda obvious no? maybe i've just read too much manga and read too many books to see it as pretty obvious lol :3 and like i said her friend's reaction to the boy in her class makes it more of a "i'm attracted to this senpai, but realize my true love is for my friend" kinda path, cause that was a pretty serious expression she had lol. again idk maybe i've just read too much to be able to see it already. and....resisting to look at above spoiler link lol. i'm satisfied already enough with how i see it turning out to wait patiently :)

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

lol...i said yuri set up not actual yuri =P and idk i found it obvious i mean...

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch06

followed by the next page already shows her starting do have unrealized interest. kinda obvious no? maybe i've just read too much manga and read too many books to see it as pretty obvious lol :3 and like i said her friend's reaction to the boy in her class makes it more of a "i'm attracted to this senpai, but realize my true love is for my friend" kinda path, cause that was a pretty serious expression she had lol. again idk maybe i've just read too much to be able to see it already. and....resisting to look at above spoiler link lol. i'm satisfied already enough with how i see it turning out to wait patiently :)

Too much yuri.

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 7:42AM

joined Dec 29, 2013

I doubt many people here know what /u/ or the spitting distance rule is.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How did I skipped the seven chapter? I thought I saw them all days ago, well, for me the transition between one and other is only perceptible by the credit page, maybe due the length of each one... Anyway, saw the last and now we see the consequences of a moronic thoughtless behavior... We can't help but hate him, she has a complex and now is intensified to the point of cry about it.

I want to see the ending, but maybe I'll wait for when 3 or 5 more chapters are out to continue.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I don't like him either, but let's be realistic here, the guy is just calling Youko "imouko" not knowing that it bothers her A LOT. So, is it really his fault? I think Youko's taking it too much personally and that's reasonable, because well... they're middle schoolers. And Maki standing up for the senpai is just middle school love for ya... i think i made my point.

Well hasn't Youko been pretty visibly annoyed every time Keita brings up her sister? She growls when he says she doesn't look like her sister, and gives him nothing but dirty looks when he calls her Imoko, and then he goes on to institutionalize that nickname amongst absolutely everyone. If you had an issue with being constantly compared to your older siblings, someone going out of their way to do nothing but insult and compare you to your siblings (and go on to have everyone else do the same) would bother you.

As for Maki, she just comes across as completely insensitive to Youko. She tells her to "just put up with it" and tries to pressure her into joining a club she quite clearly doesn't want to join in chapter 4. She then does nothing but praise and defend the guy her best friend hates (which is what everyone in the damn school seems to be doing) and only says she'll ask him to stop when Youko actually starts crying, completely ignoring all the times she said it annoyed her and how she hated it.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i catch the joke in the image bove, but i don't know the "spitting distance rule", someone can help me?

however, this is from YP, than i'm sure there will be yuri in it, but now is too early for some development, there are 7 chapters, but they are so short and fast.
i remember in Girlfriends there wasn't yuri in all the first volume. and in a story about middleschoolers it's a lot more difficult to depict the start of a same sex relationship (in a realistic manner)

joined Dec 29, 2013

If you don't know the spitting distance rule is you're not getting the joke.
On /u/ you're allowed to post an image as long as it contains two or more females, even if it is entirely out of context and not actually a yuri image. That's where the 'rule' part comes in.
The cliché itself comes from people shipping like idiots and considering two females being in close proximity (spitting distance) to each other as romantic attraction. e.g. Every crack pairing in the Madoka franchise.

The poster itself is insulting /u/ because it's a stupid thing to do.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

and considering two females being in close proximity (spitting distance) to each other as romantic attraction.

this is the point i catched, but i don't know how /u/ works, than i didn't know the rest, thanks,

if the joke was ironic about the fanboy/girl-ism, it was fun; for a yuri fan it's natural to read manga with yuri-goggles on, but with ill intent to /u/, i think it's a little stupid

joined Dec 29, 2013

this is the point i catched

That's not the point the poster is making, that's not what you're suppose to catch.

if the joke was ironic about the fanboy/girl-ism, it was fun; for a yuri fan it's natural to read manga with yuri-goggles on, but with ill intent to /u/, i think it's a little stupid

It was obviously an insult. rabid shipping based on literally nothing is a retarded thing to do and is not 'natural' in anyway. People that do so are the bane of the yuri fan base. Thus why the poster was made in the first place. /u/ does not have a good reputation, and for good reason.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this is the point i catched

That's not the point the poster is making, that's not what you're suppose to catch.

It was obviously an insult. rabid shipping based on literally nothing is a retarded thing to do and is not 'natural' in anyway. People that do so are the bane of the yuri fan base. Thus why the poster was made in the first place. /u/ does not have a good reputation, and for good reason.

i know too few about this too be able to judge, i joked often with the abit of seeing yuri where there isn't any in reality, but when is too much probably is annoying

joined Apr 3, 2013

A few short notes:
This comic seems cute and old schooled. I like it.
Thank you Yuri Project. The stuff they choose to scanlate is almost always awesome. And... I've never seen a non Yuri production from them, soooo....
The guy is sort of a jerk. No biggie. Maybe we'll see him from Maki's pov and he'll be much cuter or something.
That spitting distance is funny. I go on tumblr to ship non real lesbian pairings. Didn't know that meant I was the bane of anything... still fun. I live crack pairings so whatever pplz.

joined Mar 31, 2013

You know, I'm typically a fan of yuri with a bit of het, since I don't like the everyone-is-gay-and-there-is-zero-conflict style of yuri...but I'm a bit amused by a yuri series that could barely pass the Bechdel Test with its first 11 chapters.

last edited at Feb 12, 2014 7:06PM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, that made an interesting turn. I also checked the site above and man, those are some serious spoilers. While the picture intrigued me, I'm still looking forward to the following chapters.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Well, 11 chapters in and we only now have our big toe in the yuri pool.

Slow to develop but man it's still light speeds faster than Girl Friends, the best Yuri E.V.E.R.

last edited at Feb 12, 2014 7:29PM

joined Sep 9, 2013

I feel Keita gets a bad rap here. Sure he is no prince but I would not call him a jerk or an ass. Stubborn is a better word IMO. However the MC is pulling serious BS with her best friend and need to get her act together. And what she did in chapter 8 was low. At the moment the MC is not likable for me but who knows that can change. I do enjoy the slow pace and hope it does not go to fast.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I feel Keita gets a bad rap here. Sure he is no prince but I would not call him a jerk or an ass. Stubborn is a better word IMO. However the MC is pulling serious BS with her best friend and need to get her act together. And what she did in chapter 8 was low. At the moment the MC is not likable for me but who knows that can change. I do enjoy the slow pace and hope it does not go to fast.

He knowingly has everyone he knows call Youko something he knows she hates, refuses to stop calling her Imoko after being told how much it bothers her by several people (unless Maki just forgot) because he likes it, and only stops once he's made himself so dislikeable that he's managed to fuck up another person's friendship. Yes, he's stubborn, but he's stubborn about being a complete jerk to someone he barely knows.

Youko might have acted like a selfish idiot, but at least she spent the few days regretting it instead of having everyone she knows ask Maki "Who's more important, me or senpai?" because she thinks it's funny and a sign of affection even though it obviously isn't.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

It sure is hurt... poor Youko

To reply you must either login or sign up.