Forum › Posts by csx

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82 I know his English is bad, but still. That post had literally nothing to do with you. And in no way was even close to comment about agreeing with you.

You also should really stop being an enabler, his English is bad. Tell him so he'll fix it. I also like how you failed to even mention how I totally disproved your entire point because you don't know what opinion means. Much like you don't know what the word troll means. But in your defense; The internet has distorted those two words beyond reconnection. That's not a real excuse, though.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82 is incorrect in basically everything he everything he said, and I explained why in this very thread. It's not wise to agree with him. Plus, your English is rather poor, so I can't tell what you really mean.

It seems like this thread was more of a summoning

That's what I said, too. a few posts ago.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82's rant.

No one said there was anything wrong with opinions, but you also don't understand what an opinion is. An opinion is not "I think X" it's "I like/dislike X". Opinions denote nothing but what you like or dislike, it has nothing to do with being right or wrong. Such as fact, which is what I tend to correct people about.

And seeing as how the rest of your comment is based solely on that, I feel it's irrelevant to reply to the rest.

joined Dec 29, 2013

You're so cute.

I know I am, thanks. And no. Points and cookies are not required. The other person knowing they're wrong is all that matters. I know I'll never correct all the people that are wrong, but it amuses me when I have time to do it.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Save for using emoticons and "lol" as my every third word I'm not sure how I could make it sound any nicer.

Being wrong does not matter.

Lol.

joined Dec 29, 2013

So, you get straight up told and you notice everything you said is wrong. So you make a thread to whine about it? Also—

their perspective
opinion(s)

That would imply what's been said is wrong and subjective, which it was neither. And again. It was you who brought the thread off topic by continuing to reply to someone who responded to a week old comment, even more so when that original comment was on topic itself.

And do you really think this thread in and off itself is not the exact embodiment of which you claim to hate? Very hypocritical to say the least.

joined Dec 29, 2013

EXPLICITLY

No, it sounded nothing like that. The real irony here is that you actually needed what I was saying spelled out for you.

And the further irony is that I was on topic, till someone replied to a week old post.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Yeah. You don't need everything spelled out for you, do you?

Did I say that? I said "Just accepting that people are stupid, and letting it slide." is setting the bar to low.

when it comes to language

Apple jog house the noun potato green left is.

joined Dec 29, 2013

So it okay to to be wrong as long as people can decipher what you're saying? Yeah, that's setting the bar way to low.

joined Dec 29, 2013

u

Nice try, but flimsy semantics arguments won't work. Ever notice how there is not a shoujo-ai tag here? Or how it's not called Shoujo-ai Project? Just because people use it wrong does not mean it's right.

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 05:56
joined Dec 29, 2013

The fact you feel the need to at least double the amount I type with each reply kind of proves what you're doing. And as I've said, there has been more than enough said to disprove your whole argument. But it means nothing because you'll argue an irrelevant semantic ad nauseam.

And I grow bored of you talking in circles, so I'm done. This thread could use some cleaning.

last edited at Feb 2, 2014 5:57AM

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 05:14
joined Dec 29, 2013

Nope, it wasn't. You said because it was convenient for your argument, thus a faulty syllogism. And my points do have basis, you just won't acknowledge it because it'd mean admitting your entire outlook on life is wrong.

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 04:37
joined Dec 29, 2013

nice projecting there

Boy, I didn't have to go far back to find one.

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 04:18
joined Dec 29, 2013

No, I have not been using faulty syllogisms, like you have.

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 04:01
joined Dec 29, 2013

I'm not avoiding anything. What I said disproves everything you've said. And I can do it one one line, unlike you. And it's not like you'll ever admit you're wrong, so is there any real point to this? Even if I convince you you're wrong, you'll still argue for the sake of it.

joined Dec 29, 2013

This is one of the better yuri one-shots out there, and oddly enough it comes from a shoujo anthology.
But apparently Midnight Scans does not want their stuff hosted here, so I'll exploit a loophole and just link it for people to read elsewhere. Because I'm sure people here will enjoy this, and some don't look other places for things to read.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/JfIUz

There is a good bit of symbolism in this, especially at the end. So pay attention when you read.

last edited at Feb 2, 2014 3:49AM

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 03:31
joined Dec 29, 2013

Needlessly long winded rant about nothing.

See.

if the definitions of words can be changed with peoples' interpretation so can the rules of math.

This has gone on long enough, even more so considering you responded a day later. And I'd rather not clutter this thread anymore with your pointless, unchanging argument.

csx
Citrus discussion 02 Feb 02:48
joined Dec 29, 2013

Not what I did at all, math being subjective does not prove everything is subjective, it just proves you wrong. Again you're trying to argue everything is subjective, because if the definitions of words can be changed with peoples' interpretation so can the rules of math.
Now stop with your empty and needlessly long winded comments . You're not even close to as smart as you think you are.

joined Dec 29, 2013

That's true Anfang was fairly dark as well. Dolce Due in general is darker than volume one.

joined Dec 29, 2013

This is pretty dark for something from Dolce.
And NTR would not really fit, unless you're using a really watered down version of it.

csx
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 05:53
joined Dec 29, 2013

You went from sub-par to bad.

Sub par is bad, There's no real difference, and I don't like to repeat the same word to many times.

Seriously?? Where

Mmm, pretty much any place that's not for casuals. /a/. anidb, ect ect.

csx
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 04:06
joined Dec 29, 2013

I wonder if you realized yet that you're claiming everything is subjective, even the definition of objective. Which is pretty funny when you think about it.

Okay, that's really the last thing I'm going to say.

csx
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 03:28
joined Dec 29, 2013

effect on me
me

There you go with the personal pronouns again. Why do you think the phrase "bad taste" came to exist in the first place? Even it has no meaning no one would have ever thought of it.

Which is to say, objectively there really is no difference between historical "masterpieces" and doodles on a napkin.

I'm sorry, but this is bar none the dumbest thing I've read in the past week. There are many art techniques that can objectively measure; brush stroke, object orientation, color deviation/blurring, perspective, ect ect. The list goes on for a while.

And knowing both what constitutes objective value and being able to separate it from what you personally like is not exactly simple. Which is why a majority of people don't understand it. Thus the popularity of things like Twilight, Sword Art Online, and the likes.

But, bearing in mind that statement about masterpieces this is clearly beyond pointless, and I will refer to my second post in this thread. And end it with that.

csx
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 02:30
joined Dec 29, 2013

Quality or "good writing" being subjective is really a given

I'll just quote myself here.

people have just endlessly blurred the line between what they like and what is good.

Thanks for providing an example.

csx
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 02:14
joined Dec 29, 2013

Personally, I wouldn't say that something like 'consistency/duration of overarching conflict' has all that much to do with what defines "good writing"
Personally
I

Well, you'd be wrong, and you're already in the wrong mind set. personal opinion has nothing to do with it.

people associate with a phrase like "good writing" is something subjective and emotional.

Which is also wrong, people misusing terminology is nothing new.

I think the "quality" or "goodness" of a piece of work is always directly related to the reader's emotional response.

See previous point.

there can be no strict universal definition of "good writing".

There is, people have just endlessly blurred the line between what they like and what is good. There have always been predefined standards as to what qualifies well written.

The problem with your stance is that if everything is objective you'd have to put the doodle I make on a napkin while I'm waiting at a restaurant on the same level as historical masterpieces because it can also appeal to a certain crowd of people.

What this boils down to is your excessive use of personal pronouns. That proves you are not able to separate what you personally think from an objective criteria.

last edited at Feb 1, 2014 2:29AM