Forum › Lemonade discussion

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

The feels in the last few chapters.

joined Sep 9, 2013

I feel Keita gets a bad rap here. Sure he is no prince but I would not call him a jerk or an ass. Stubborn is a better word IMO. However the MC is pulling serious BS with her best friend and need to get her act together. And what she did in chapter 8 was low. At the moment the MC is not likable for me but who knows that can change. I do enjoy the slow pace and hope it does not go to fast.

He knowingly has everyone he knows call Youko something he knows she hates, refuses to stop calling her Imoko after being told how much it bothers her by several people (unless Maki just forgot) because he likes it, and only stops once he's made himself so dislikeable that he's managed to fuck up another person's friendship. Yes, he's stubborn, but he's stubborn about being a complete jerk to someone he barely knows.

Youko might have acted like a selfish idiot, but at least she spent the few days regretting it instead of having everyone she knows ask Maki "Who's more important, me or senpai?" because she thinks it's funny and a sign of affection even though it obviously isn't.

He did not screw up anything. The MC was responsible for that one alone. The MC was really upset because her friend likes Keita. That is not his fault in anyway. Asking that question and a nickname is not the same you have to know that. You can not compare those two. Meanings and motives behind both are too different. I am not defending him but the MC is at fault alone for her problems with Maki.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

He did not screw up anything. The MC was responsible for that one alone. The MC was really upset because her friend likes Keita. That is not his fault in anyway. Asking that question and a nickname is not the same you have to know that. You can not compare those two. Meanings and motives behind both are too different. I am not defending him but the MC is at fault alone for her problems with Maki.

When it comes to motives, which do you think is better? "Because I'm insecure and feel like I'm losing my best friend to someone detestable" or "because I think it's funny?" As for the meaning, we know that Youko wanted Maki to say that she was more important (which goes with the whole insecurity thing), whereas Keita... likes the name and sees it as a sign of affection, even though it's been made pretty clear that it really bothers her.

And no, if you want to avoid getting into the causal cluster of things, he did not directly cause the issue between Youko and Maki, but he only decided to stop picking on Youko when he thought that he did. Youko being visibly bothered by it didn't stop him. Maki (again, if she even did it) asking him to stop didn't stop him. And Naomi telling him that "Imoko" is a problem and that someone made Youko cry didn't stop him.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

chapter 11...

ouch!

joined Jul 8, 2013

Nice job Keita, I really liked the part where you not-really-apologized for giving her a nickname she absolutely hates, said you would try to be nicer, and then failed miserably at being nicer on literally the next damn page by intentionally calling her that nickname.
And good job Maki, I especially like how you said you would talk to Keita about the nickname and yet apparently haven't said a single god damned thing considering he still uses it when talking to you, even after the above.

Seriously, at this point it's not a nickname, it's not teasing, it's intentional harassment. Just pound his face in and be done with it.

Where is the yuri, Eggman? You said there'd be yuri...

From the summary it seems like it's going to come about in the standard one-sided affection from Youko to Maki while Maki expresses interest in the douche who's yet to do anything that would make him likeable. Yay for jealousy...

I have a feeling that Maki's feelings for keita senpai aren't real, and she's really in love with Youko and can't believe it, so she thinks "maybe it's keita senpai!"

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This manga... feels like it's a manga for a first time yuri reader... lol

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Ugh. The Lemonade discussion pages. It's so angry it makes me feel scared, which doesn't help with the sad feelings I get after reading the actual chapters.

joined Feb 11, 2014

is this really going to be a yuri?
i wonder... if the tag was wrong? O.o
lol

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nice job Keita, I really liked the part where you not-really-apologized for giving her a nickname she absolutely hates, said you would try to be nicer, and then failed miserably at being nicer on literally the next damn page by intentionally calling her that nickname.
And good job Maki, I especially like how you said you would talk to Keita about the nickname and yet apparently haven't said a single god damned thing considering he still uses it when talking to you, even after the above.

Just what I was thinking. It's like resolving the issues between Maki and Youko made them both forget about the issues between Youko and Keita...

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Pretty sure it's clear that Youko likes Maki and is insanely jealous about the Keita thing.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch11#8

The yuri is in sight.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I feel like we can start the history from now on... The introduction of the character and their interaction wasn't the most pleasing, now we can see how they evolve their relations and grow up.

"She sure is weak"

Shut the fuck up Keita...

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Manga plot feels like "Girl x Girl x Boy"

joined Mar 30, 2012

ugh, I always feel terrible reading love triangles :<

joined Oct 21, 2010

I really hope there is a " what the fuck I am reading" tag on this manga.

I got this feeling every time I read this manga. ....

Phpfafi7e_c2am
joined Jan 29, 2014

I don't know, the way Maki says "it was my choice to fall in love" makes me think she's more in love with the idea of being in love and her feelings for Keita are more platonic.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't know, the way Maki says "it was my choice to fall in love" makes me think she's more in love with the idea of being in love and her feelings for Keita are more platonic.

It looks to me that she is saying that knowing that she has no chance, she says that there's a lot of competition! Can you believe it? looks like he is a jerk and very popular too! my disgust for this character never ceases to increase.

last edited at Feb 13, 2014 2:00PM

Maxresdefault
joined Feb 5, 2013

I think Youko's up for a heartbreak -.- pretty sure it's going to be the girl-loves-girl-who-loves-boy-freaking-annoying love triangle -__-

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

that /u/ pic woulda worked great if this wasn't an actual yuri series =P if it wasn't tagged/known as yuri things would certainly be different. what i posted was in response to all the people complaining there's NO yuri. and hey, they can't all be munching carpet or dripping drool into the other girl's mouth by the second chapter, i'm all for slow starters.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Where is the yuri, Eggman? You said there'd be yuri...

From the summary it seems like it's going to come about in the standard one-sided affection from Youko to Maki while Maki expresses interest in the douche who's yet to do anything that would make him likeable. Yay for jealousy...

I have a feeling that Maki's feelings for keita senpai aren't real, and she's really in love with Youko and can't believe it, so she thinks "maybe it's keita senpai!"

At this point I feel that would be a terrible idea. If they keep this at Youko POV only I do not see how they would make that a good storyline.

joined Sep 9, 2013

When it comes to motives, which do you think is better? "Because I'm insecure and feel like I'm losing my best friend to someone detestable" or "because I think it's funny?" As for the meaning, we know that Youko wanted Maki to say that she was more important (which goes with the whole insecurity thing), whereas Keita... likes the name and sees it as a sign of affection, even though it's been made pretty clear that it really bothers her.

And no, if you want to avoid getting into the causal cluster of things, he did not directly cause the issue between Youko and Maki, but he only decided to stop picking on Youko when he thought that he did. Youko being visibly bothered by it didn't stop him. Maki (again, if she even did it) asking him to stop didn't stop him. And Naomi telling him that "Imoko" is a problem and that someone made Youko cry didn't stop him.

It is not about which motive or reason is better. Its about what it the root of the problem. At this point he mostly leaves the MC only and does not bother her. The problem is Youko at this point and her feelings with Maki. Why is he detestable? that is a strong word to use for Ketia. Rude and brash of course but at the moment I will not use such a word. I am only stating you cant blame Keita for everything. At this point we are only going to go in circles so I will say we agree to disagree.

last edited at Feb 13, 2014 2:34PM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

It is not about which motive or reason is better. Its about what it the root of the problem. At this point he mostly leaves the MC only and does not bother her. The problem is Youko at this point and her feelings with Maki. Why is he detestable? that is a strong word to use for Ketia. Rude and brash of course but at the moment I will not use such a word. I am only stating you cant blame Keita for everything. At this point we are only going to go in circles so I will say we agree to disagree.

Yes, the problem is obviously Youko and her feelings, but that does not somehow absolve Keita of being an asshole who exacerbated the situation with his bullying. He is detestable, in my view, because his response to being told his bullying made someone cry is to call them weak and then refuse to stop, but that's not really what I meant. Youko considers him detestable (at least she did) which is part of her motivation.

And I've never said he caused every problem, only that he's an asshole who only lightened up on bullying someone when he thought he caused a problem with Maki, who, as others have pointed out, seems to have forgotten the whole thing about getting him to stop calling her Imoko. So, at this point, Youko's sympathetic, Keita's an asshole who everyone loves for some reason, and Maki is somewhat sympathetic but loses a good amount by being attracted to someone who bullies her best friend and doesn't stand up to him about it.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

yeouch! been going down for the latest chapters >_<

Av
joined Nov 12, 2013

So I guess we need the love triangle tag by now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

In this last chapter, she doesn't seem to realize or have any romantic feelings toward Maki, I'm just guessing for how casually they talk about Keita and love but Youko doesn't seemed mad or jealous about it, only surprised to see that maiden side of Maki, so they're friend who fought(...), make it up and that's it... The festival might be the perfect chance for things to happen.

To reply you must either login or sign up.