Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I Long For Sunlight in the Window was a bit confusing, luckily another anon did the translation so I am uploading a new version. also uploading Homura-chan Tomato, also translated by /u/. unlike the last story, this one involves throwing the tomatoes, not eating it.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Haha, I was just about to say (in the Princess's Mirror thread) that I thought the discussion had been ended a bit too amicably. Delusional, self-satisfied assholes should be called out as such, not allowed to carry on with the misconception that their blown up bullshit actually contributed anything (actually, consider this post my doing so here, since I somewhat feel like I missed my chance to in the actual thread). Bans are one way to do that, but if the issue is that there aren't enough moderators to immediately respond to such disturbances, then I think the deficiency this time was that the regular posters dealing with that guy were too polite in tone. When a supposed 'discussion' gets dragged into nothing more than a net of sophisms by a moron so personally invested in their own words they miss how much of a jackass they are, there's no need to hold back. Censorship, banning, 'cleaning' the thread; all would actually constitute favours to new readers who stumble into the discussion thread afterwards.

Incidentally, I actually wouldn't have assumed that that csx guy was one of the alternates of sevenqt or whoever from a while back, because his self-satisfied style and spotty argumentation seemed even more immature than I remember sevenqt being. It could well be the case though, so I wonder what csx himself would have to say about that.

Since creating a post purely just to badmouth another user kinda flies against my personal standards of constructiveness, though, let me take the opportunity to extend thanks and congratulations to the Dynasty Staff (and any passing scanlators like Yuri Girl 1001) for the new year. I've just nearly caught up on my Dynasty backlog this past week and I have to say that this month of Christmas releases has been amazing. So much great yuri has definitely helped take the edge off a 'vacation' with terrible net access, half of the time restricted to just my phone :P.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Haha, I was just about to say (in the Princess's Mirror thread) that I thought the discussion had been ended a bit too amicably. Delusional, self-satisfied assholes should be called out as such, not allowed to carry on with the misconception that their blown up bullshit actually contributed anything (actually, consider this post my doing so here, since I somewhat feel like I missed my chance to in the actual thread). Bans are one way to do that, but if the issue is that there aren't enough moderators to immediately respond to such disturbances, then I think the deficiency this time was that the regular posters dealing with that guy were too polite in tone. When a supposed 'discussion' gets dragged into nothing more than a net of sophisms by a moron so personally invested in their own words they miss how much of a jackass they are, there's no need to hold back. Censorship, banning, 'cleaning' the thread; all would actually constitute favours to new readers who stumble into the discussion thread afterwards.

so long as the bitterness and vile exchanges died down, did it really matter if the discussion ended too amicably? i'm just glad the discussion has moved on. HEHE... delusional, [egotistical] self-satisfied asses... while I'll keep that opinion to myself, it looks like everyone pretty much gave up and conceded their points of view (thus the debate ended). as to censorship, it is such a heavy-handed approach :-(

In general, are there typically moderators lurking about or must there be enough complaints that someone gets involved?

Finally, I guess my hunch wasn't too far off. a day or two was needed for cooler (wiser) heads to prevail. question remains, did this happen because people did not want to continue a fruitless argument; thus conceded their points of view or was it that the antagonist in question made such an overwhelming case that it (csx's argument) could not be refuted? either way, this little kerfuffle is at an end. for now.

[damn I need to take remedial english. my posts are always too wordy]. :-[

last edited at Jan 2, 2014 10:54AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Finally, I guess my hunch wasn't too far off. a day or two was needed for cooler (wiser) heads to prevail. question remains, did this happen because people did not want to continue a fruitless argument; thus conceded their points of view or was it that the antagonist in question made such an overwhelming case that it (csx's argument) could not be refuted? either way, this little kerfuffle is at an end. for now.

[damn I need to take remedial english. my posts are always too wordy]. :-[

I just skipped the pages after realizing the assholeishness wouldn't die down and included my wonderful ship of Freja and Morinaga.

It's easier to get them to shut up if people stop addressing the argument.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded a new comic, speak of love again.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I was going back through Shinigami Alice. When I took a close look at Chapter 3, and compared it against my copy of Yuri Hime S vol 11 to be sure, I saw that there was a missing page. It turns out that the page labeled 20 in the chapter is actually page 21, and the actual page 20 is missing. I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not, but I thought I would point it out anyway. By the way, the actual page 20 has no dialog to speak of, and has approximately the action you would expect to go from page 19 to the page labeled as 20.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Our raws did not have that page and was sequentially labeled as going from 19 to 21. If you don't mind, want to provide a link to the missing page and I'll correct it when I get back from work?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I will scan it within the next day, and post a link here. Edit: make that I'll do that right now.

last edited at Jan 3, 2014 1:24PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's done; here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/gv268198f99r1r3/Shinigami%20Alice%203%20page%2020.png

It's an old scanner, and the paper in the magazine is low quality, so it's gotten crinkly. Still, I think you can use this.

joined Oct 20, 2013

If it doesn't already exist, I'd like to suggest a way of doing advanced search so that it's possible to exclude non-original doujins and/or series, instead of having to do it manually by tags in advanced search (doing this results in URI length exceeded). The tag "Anthology: Original" doesn't appear to be well-used for oneshots (it only lists 106 oneshots) and pages like http://dynasty-scans.com/tags/yuri?view=one_shots also list all non-original doujins.

I talked it over with people on irc, and I had the idea of doing a trinary checkbox with unselected, green check-mark and red x for the three states. However, this may not be an ideal solution and I'm sure someone can think of a better solution.

In case it does exist, I'd like to know how to do it.

last edited at Jan 3, 2014 4:15PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded "playing with dolls"

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Will it ever be possible to search for doujins by selecting multiple tags, or is it a concrete NEVER?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Playing With Dolls
translator left some black splotches on the last page, uploaded folder with fixed page

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Will it ever be possible to search for doujins by selecting multiple tags, or is it a concrete NEVER?

It's already possible.
There's "Advanced" button when in Search page - you can select multiple tags.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

^Thanks a bunch. I haven't been here in forever. This is cool.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looks like the kitchen spammer caught on to the fact that the mods were deleting threads about them, and started leaving spam replies instead: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/3599-together-with-dog-sakuya-discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Looks like the kitchen spammer caught on to the fact that the mods were deleting threads about them, and started leaving spam replies instead: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/3599-together-with-dog-sakuya-discussion

Ah, fun fun. Thanks for the heads-up, removed that one at least.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, fun fun. Thanks for the heads-up, removed that one at least.

Happy to do my part.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

Ok i noticed that links seem to shine through spoiler.
http://dynasty-scans.com/

last edited at Jan 9, 2014 7:14AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded sonohanabira table turner comic

joined Jul 26, 2011

Hi, Dynasty crew!

I will be honest by saying that I didn't read all the posts in the topic, only the first one, but I do like to suggest one improvement for something that sometimes really bugs me: it would be nice if, alongside the description of a series, there could be inserted info about their periodicity. Not the period that it gets to be scanned, cleaned and translated, as we know this depends on each group, but the period that, for instance, the chapters of an especific manga is released. We know well that some are connected to their periodic magazine like Yurihime, or the ones like it, but it would really be cool if this information could be more at hand.

Thanks for allowing us to suggest improvements, also for the hard work in keeping this place neat and well organized for us to enioy!

Ps.sorry for typos, I'm writing from a tablet device. ^^"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Playing With Dolls
translator left some black splotches on the last page, uploaded folder with fixed page

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7z7avoyo5ua5as/playing+with+dolls+pg+6+fixed.rar

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I uploaded some homura comics by nurajirou few days ago...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

OrangePekoe does the Madoka stuff cause I don't want spoilers. I'll do that Playing With Dolls one tho I suppose.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

OrangePekoe does the Madoka stuff cause I don't want spoilers. I'll do that Playing With Dolls one tho I suppose.

you took out all pages and left the fixed one

last edited at Jan 12, 2014 6:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.